• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Lycia Alliance: Roy Legacy Support Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Strider_Bond00J

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-2525-8699-9095
I think someone pointed it out on the leaks thread earlier, but they've begun to notice a pattern becoming more and more apparent with fake leaks since @HextupleyooDOT's Rayman Leak - the fake appears to gather speculation, it disappears, then they come out clean... "You thought it was a leaker who would come and admit the truth... But it was ME, DIO!!
" then they show a video of them piecing their 'leak' together. Kudos

Waluigi is too big

Smash Journeyman
NNID
waluigi44
The Roy/Mewtwo leaker posted a video.

Mewtwo's animation looks really basic. Like lifting a hand down to a default pose basic.
It seems like something I can do in SFM give 5 min.

edit: also where are there character portraits and percents?
even this video got that right.

Last edited:
Fake as it gets, but I still have faith Roy could be revealed soon. He has the most support alongside King K. Rool, and they both fit brawn.

Of course, brains could just be Mewtwo Y, and brawn could be Mewtwo X. Hopefully there's much more to it.

Steelia

Smash Champion
Of course, brains could just be Mewtwo Y, and brawn could be Mewtwo X. Hopefully there's much more to it.
This is my line of thinking as well; Mewtwo fits both brains and brawn with his Mega Y and Mega X forms. But I would gladly take Roy in the brawn, what a surprise that would be.

Knux27

Smash Journeyman
This is my line of thinking as well; Mewtwo fits both brains and brawn with his Mega Y and Mega X forms. But I would gladly take Roy in the brawn, what a surprise that would be.
I have to disagree about Brains and Brawn representing Mewtwo Y and Mewtwo X. If this was something else, maybe not, but there can not be two Mewtwo Mega Evolutions in Smash. We have already seen the precedent, only Mega Charizard X made it in. And the clever title would revolve around a Final Smash, not something of the video itself.

It wouldn't work where we get one, say X for the first Smash ball, go back to Mewtwo, then get Y for the second, or vice versa, or random.

The only way I see Mega Evolutions working for Mewtwo, outside of Mega Mewtwo Y being the Final Smash(since Charizard got X ) is if they do a Mewtwo Climbers where each of the Mewtwo's are Mega Evolved.

My first theory:

>Mewtwo, tournament mode, etc. patch
>Zard has new mega evo mechanics, Charizard X is his 3DS Final Smash, Charizard Y is his Wii U Final Smash, or vice versa
>Zard could also go X on Omega Stages and Y on regular stages, or X in 4 player smash and Y in 8 player smash, etc.
>Mewtwo operates on the same principles

My second theory is that Mewtwo X and Y are going to be two separate fighters, but those are very slim odds.

Overall, I don't think either theory will happen, most of all I'm hoping Roy is DLC alongside Mewtwo.

Roy could either be...
-A free character. If the off-looking leaks are anything to go by, he might be with the FE crew due to being free in a patch.
-A DLC character who appears with Mewtwo on April 9th or whenever Mewtwo's available early for Club Nintendo registrations.
-A DLC character who appears with Mewtwo when Mewtwo hits the eShop.

I haven't speculated this hard in a long time. It's really easy to hype this stuff when Roy might be closer than we think.

Last edited:

SorrowOfAcheron

Smash Journeyman
So I guess we're all voting for Roy?

By the way, is it just me, or are everyone's avatars some guy? Haven't been here in a while.

VOTE for ROY here!
https://cp.nintendo.co.jp/us

Name: Roy
Game: Fire Emblem

I put Fire Emblem just to note the series overall.

Give all reasoning possible why Roy is important to you, share this around with everyone you know who supports Roy, and don't be afraid to share your sentiments fully. It doesn't matter if you've played his game or not, as long as you miss him for at least one reason, please fill out the poll with it.

Hellrazor

Wants to Watch the World Burn
NNID
jkjk237
3DS FC
4596-9639-1071
VOTE for ROY here!
https://cp.nintendo.co.jp/us

Name: Roy
Game: Fire Emblem

I put Fire Emblem just to note the series overall.

Give all reasoning possible why Roy is important to you, share this around with everyone you know who supports Roy, and don't be afraid to share your sentiments fully. It doesn't matter if you've played his game or not, as long as you miss him for at least one reason, please fill out the poll with it.
Just got my vote in. Let's. Go.

The flames of Pherae burn eternal. Roy will return!

My explanation was that he was my favorite Melee character and his aggressive and unsafe style was really unique and fun as a swordfighter character. He'd be just a fantastic complement to Marth, the much-needed yang to his yin. The anti-spacing.

Last edited:

Steelia

Smash Champion
Voted! My siblings will be helping with other fighters like King K. Rool, so it's a win-win for our faves. :)

Guineapig126

Smash Journeyman
Alright, so I said in my explanation that a bunch of people close to me REALLY want Roy back in the game. It's true, I have a group of five or so friends at school who want Roy back in. I hope that's good. ;-;

Knux27

Smash Journeyman
Most of us have played an FE game. We know strategy is needed to win. We also need the soft reset code incase someone dies because we will not accept permadeath.

It is possible to vote multiple times. Use this knowledge as you will.

As Robin would say, Time to Tip the Scales!

But ROY IS OUR BOY, ITS TIME TO BRING HIM HOME!!!!!

Seraphim.

Smash Ace
NNID
Seraphim35
Took a while to write my reasoning but I got my vote in. I also got some of my Skype friends to vote for Roy.

Guineapig126

Smash Journeyman
So I'm at a semi-professional trivia tournament thing, trying to hide in my fangirlish squeals of this BEING A POSSIBILITY. IM LETTING IT OUT HERE IM SO SORRY GUYS.

Croph

Hold Baroque Inside
NNID
IceCreamStar
3DS FC
3196-4596-5388
So I'm at a semi-professional trivia tournament thing, trying to hide in my fangirlish squeals of this BEING A POSSIBILITY. IM LETTING IT OUT HERE IM SO SORRY GUYS.
It's okay... Fangirl as much as you want, that's what this thread is for!!

That whole direct was hype. Once I've calmed down, I'll be making some important posts. But yeah vote for Roy and tell others and whatnot, ya know the drill! the boards are lagging so much, go figure lol

Last edited:

~ Valkyrie ~

Holy Maiden Warrior
Premium
NNID
IndyGo98
3DS FC
2793-0906-0731
Switch FC
SW-7670-7999-3483
Voted!

Here's my description:

He's a Smash-veteran, and as an Elibe-fan in Fire Emblem-series, I'd like to see him back. However, since Lucina already fills in as a clone to Marth, it could give a chance to Roy for being more unique fiery swordfighter this time. He could use animations from his original GBA-self in his moves and be a semiclone to Marth as Luigi is to Mario. He's widely beloved by a lot Smash-fans in the world, and Elibe-region could use representation in Smash Bros-series again due being one of the very popular and series-influencing eras for having the prequel released outer-seas as Fire Emblem for GBA.

Strider_Bond00J

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-2525-8699-9095
Congratulations to all Lucas supporters! Now, when I get home, voting for Roy is one of my priorities!

jaytalks

Smash Champion
NNID
jaytalks
I was totally against Roy getting in over the likes of Robin and Lucina, but since they're in I would love for him to return as DLC.

royalblue

Smash Cadet
Just got home from a long road trip and seeing the first few minutes of the Nintendo Direct had me shaking with excitement. I was really hoping to see Roy revealed along with Mewtwo, of course, but Lucas was still a wonderful surprise. With this new ballot I feel like we are closer to seeing Roy than ever! It's been a very long 14 years, but now it's finally time to bring our boy back to Smash!

In the words of Roy himself:

真の戦いはこれからだ。
Shin no tatakai wa kore kara da.

Or in English:

The real battle starts now.

As Roy fans I'm sure we all know these words. And these words have never been truer than they are right now. Many of us have already been fighting hard for Roy's return, but we need to keep fighting, harder than ever. We can do this, I know we can! Let us stand strong, and may our flames burn bright.

ROY'S OUR BOY!

Knux27

Smash Journeyman
Something just occured to me.

We are getting Lucas as DLC. No, I am not that dumb and did not blackout after the Mewtwo trailer. What is Lucas? Ultimately he is a clone. This means that we can get clones as DLC.

Roy is also a clone. So this does raise the chances of us getting Roy as DLC, since the clone arguement is effectively PK Fire'ed to death.

Hellrazor

Wants to Watch the World Burn
NNID
jkjk237
3DS FC
4596-9639-1071
Something just occured to me.

We are getting Lucas as DLC. No, I am not that dumb and did not blackout after the Mewtwo trailer. What is Lucas? Ultimately he is a clone. This means that we can get clones as DLC.

Roy is also a clone. So this does raise the chances of us getting Roy as DLC, since the clone arguement is effectively PK Fire'ed to death.
Pichu hype too? :yeahboi:

Doc got in w/o even being DLC. I don't see why they wouldn't bring back the clones.

Last edited:

Croph

Hold Baroque Inside
NNID
IceCreamStar
3DS FC
3196-4596-5388
Just updated the OP on the fighter ballot info.

Remember, even though the official poll gives us a great opportunity, I think it would still be best if we reach out in many different ways as possible. Obviously spread the word about Roy and this poll, but stuff like emails/snail mail is still great on top of voting.

Strider_Bond00J

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-2525-8699-9095
Anybody noticed that Mewtwo was beating up :4roy: in the trailer? You tell him, Mewtwo!

Anyhoo, first vote goes to Our Boy Roy, and here's what my response was:

Roy represents the Fire Emblem series GBA games, from Fire Emblem 6 through to 8, and his appearance in Super Smash Bros Melee lead to me developing an interest into the Fire Emblem series. I'd love to see him brought back with his new costume from Fire Emblem Awakening and a unique moveset inspired by his game and the Mercenary class of FE: Awakening. Roy's inclusion would mean a lot to me, as he was my most wanted veteran to return as DLC for Super Smash Bros for Nintendo 3DS and Wii U. I know that the voices of 500 similar people wish for Roy to return, so thank you for considering our call

And it's great that we're getting more support now! I'll see if I can go back a few pages in the thread and ask people if they would like to have their name down as a supporter as well!

YO THAT DIRECT WAS SO HYPE! All that new Fire Emblem stuff! I was watching with a buddy and even he started freaking out during Lucas's reveal just because of my excitement. He wants to play Lucas so bad now and he's never played as Lucas in a Smash game, and he's played as Ness only once or twice. Hell, even his parents were really excited once they saw me, and they don't even play video games. It's my winning smile, as you can see from my current display pic.

I'm gonna main Mewtwo in two weeks for a bit to see if I like the new Mewtwo or not, then I'll main Lucas on release since he's (Earth)bound to be really, really good (had to go for it even though that's Ness's game) with what the pros are saying about Ness now. In fact, I'm gonna play Ness until Mewtwo comes out just to be prepared for Lucas. I think ultimately I'll just play Lucas and Ike once DLC hype subsides.

I hope Lucas is top tier! Mother 3 deserves that area so much.

Last edited:

Croph

Hold Baroque Inside
NNID
IceCreamStar
3DS FC
3196-4596-5388
I hope Lucas is top tier! Mother 3 deserves that area so much.
I may make Lucas my main or secondary, so I'd really love it if he's high tier (nice transition from Brawl). =P Lucas' Up Smash is one of the most satisfying moves when land KOs for me. That huge ****ing hitbox maaan, never gets old!

And on SMT x FE, there's a lot of speculation going on. There's some characters in the trailer that seem based on FE characters (with a modern twist?), so maybe it's possible we'll see Roy with a redesign? Here's something that Nintendo said:
The role-playing masters at ATLUS are developing a truly modern RPG, where everyday life exists alongside a secret world of fantasy that includes characters from the Fire Emblem series.

Secret fantasy world, huh? I'm just glad we finally got something! Also this is pretty interesting:

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom