• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Lycia Alliance: Roy Legacy Support Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cactusblah

Smash Apprentice
I still think Lucina should have been an alt for Marth with Roy returning. Regardless, I want him back, even if it means 5 Fire Emblem characters.

Hellrazor

Wants to Watch the World Burn
NNID
jkjk237
3DS FC
4596-9639-1071
Thread unlocked?

Aww yiss.

Time for vain hope. Sm4sh needs more PH1R3 in it. Lucina's playstyle isn't doin' it for me.

Wasn't there some poll in Japan a while back that had Roy really high on the popularity charts when it came to Smash characters? Can't believe Sakurai would ignore something like that.

Last edited:

Unicorn

The Most Majestic
NNID
SenseiCrumb
I would imagine that Roy is pretty low on the priority list for adding to the game, due to his status as a clone, and especially since we already have one Marth clone in the game. We would probably see Lucas, Wolf, IC's, and maybe Snake before him. But I can definitely see a clone characters DLC at some point, so I still have hope for the boy.

Hellrazor

NNID
jkjk237
3DS FC
4596-9639-1071
I would imagine that Roy is pretty low on the priority list for adding to the game, due to his status as a clone, and especially since we already have one Marth clone in the game. We would probably see Lucas, Wolf, IC's, and maybe Snake before him. But I can definitely see a clone characters DLC at some point, so I still have hope for the boy.
What he does have going for him as a clone is that he's already a Smasher, so if they're going to put in any clones Roy should definitely be at the front of the line. I still think Melee- and Brawl-oriented DLC bundles are a definite possibility though.

Last edited:

Roy-Kun

Smash Ace
3DS FC
2337-4154-9016
What he does have going for him as a clone is that he's already a Smasher, so if they're going to put in any clones Roy should definitely be at the front of the line. I still think Melee- and Brawl-oriented DLC bundles are a definite possibility though.
If Sakurai approves of having veterans return, it'd be amazing. He'd be doing the whole Smash fans a favor.

But before anything, I want Ice Climbers back. Mewtwo is coming, but I need the Ice Climbers before Roy.

Hellrazor

NNID
jkjk237
3DS FC
4596-9639-1071
If Sakurai approves of having veterans return, it'd be amazing. He'd be doing the whole Smash fans a favor.

But before anything, I want Ice Climbers back. Mewtwo is coming, but I need the Ice Climbers before Roy.
They're dead, Jim.

Seriously. Hardware prevents their return for Sm4sh. Wait for 5ma5h.

Last edited:

Strider_Bond00J

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-2525-8699-9095
Here's what I think. With two of the well-known Melee veterans back after 13 years, Dr. Mario and Mewtwo:drmario::mewtwomelee::4drmario::mewtwopm:, there's only 3 other choices you could make for a Melee vet DLC, those are Young Link:younglinkmelee:, Pichu:pichumelee: and the Boy Roy.:roymelee:

Now, here's where it gets interesting: Which one would cut it as DLC? Let's see some arguments for and against these last possible Melee DLC candidates. They're lengthy, so I put them in spoilers.

:younglinkmelee:Young Link
Young Link is very unlikely. At the time, Young Link had Ocarina of Time and Majora's Mask going for him, and he was an easily made clone. We know that he was cut from Brawl and Toon Link is filling in the space of a smaller and faster Link. There's also the issue of continuity and clone redundancy. "Hang on, why are there three Links?" As part of the Legend of Zelda franchise, it's a theme that the Spirit of the Goddess's Hero is always reincarnated as Link, and that there are so many incarnations of Link. In Smash Bros, we have the Adult Link:link64::linkmelee::link2::4link:, based on Ocarina of Time, Twilight Princess and Skyward Sword - the Link of Wind Waker, Phantom Hourglass and Spirit Tracks, Toon Link:toonlink::4tlink:. Toon Link is from another timeline, so the continuity issue can be resolved. Young Link, however, is the same Link from Ocarina of Time, with the difference being seven years between each other. While Young Link did go on his own adventure in Majora's Mask, it's still a fact that Young Link and Adult Link are the same person. I doubt we can leave it to Alfonzo to solve this continuity error. I think it's very unlikely we'll see Young Link again as DLC, not unless we finally hear word of Majora's Mask 3D/HD.

:pichumelee:Pichu
The little shocker, commonly regarded as the worst character in Smash Bros, mainly due to the fact that it always hurts itself. It's quite unlikely they'd bring back Pichu after Mewtwo. Then again, Pichu represented Generation II of Pokémon, Gold, Silver and Crystal, with HeartGold and SoulSilver also seeing the occasional Pichu. Regardless, Pichu still sees a bit of love every now and then, with Spiky-Eared Pichu. Regardless, there's no denying that it was outright cut, seeing only two trophy cameos (Love the 3DS trophy render, though. :)) Sadly, Pichu coming back is unlikely, given that it wasn't that well received by many Smashers, but it still has its fans. The way to salvage Pichu back into Smash Bros through DLC is by removing it's self-damage gimmick, and strengthen it enough.

And now - the moment you've been waiting for: THE BOY ROY!!!:roymelee::roypm:
"A new foe appears!!" The sound of the challenger approaching siren in Melee sends chills down anyone's spine. Their shadow hidden in mystery. A man cloaked in navy blue, gentle blade in hand, awaiting those at the Fountain of Dreams - you may call him Marth.:marthmelee: Seeing the player's worth, Marth pledged his allegiance to the fighter in Classic and Adventure Mode. The siren plays once more, and a boy cloaked in red and fire waited at Hyrule Temple. With the crowd shouting his cry, "Roy's our Boy!", the swordsman of flames joined the battle, adding his flair to the gentle swordplay Marth wielded. Yet the blade he wielded wasn't worthy of such gentle tactics, nor was his real journey. It wasn't until 2002 when The Boy Roy embarked on his real journey, in the First portable Fire Emblem game seeking to save the world from Zelgius. While Fūin no Tsurugi never saw the light of day in the west, the impact Marth and Roy left on gamers introduced Fire Emblem, beginning with Fire Emblem 7: Rekka no Ken. (Coincidence that FE 7 and FFVII stole Western gamers attention? Now, where's my Fire Emblem VS DIssidia...?) In the finale, Eliwood would raise a young boy named Roy into the man that fought with the cheer: "Roy's our Boy!"

Come 2006, Super Smash Bros Brawl was announced, and in 2007, a new challenger came from Fire Emblem: Path of Radiance: A man who would go on to fight for his friends under the title of The Radiant Hero: Ike. :ike: Brandishing the golden blade Ragnell, Ike fought valiantly alongside Marth and Meta Knight against the ruler of Subspace. Yet the Boy Roy was gone. Many had thrown in the towel, seeing that it was over for Roy, but not before a revelation of what some call The Forbidden Seven, with Roy's name alongside his fellow Melee allies Mewtwo and Dr. Mario, and a new face: Dixie Kong. Only Dixie was the mentioned cut, but there's no denying that they were planned.

Some people weren't happy with Brawl, seeing only perfection in Melee. To this, a clone engine was born, and Roy and Mewtwo returned in a cruel battlefield, home to competition and glory only. A modded battlefield known infamously as Project M. :roypm::mewtwopm:

Come 2012, the news of a new Super Smash Bros began to circulate. Many thought this would be the time we would see an answer to the fates of the Big Three, Ridley, Mewtwo and King K. Rool. In this year, a new Fire Emblem was born, with the Boy Roy returning as DLC.
Awakening is still regarded today as amazing, and many thought it was obvious we'd see a new Fire Emblem hero in Smash Bros, one being a hero by the name of Chrom, descendant of Marth, Lucina, the daughter of Chrom from a ruined future, and Robin, the tactician who holds the lives of Shepherds in his hands to save the world from destruction.

The first images were shown at E3, and my thoughts still kept onto the cheers of "Roy's our Boy", yet amazed with the newcomers, the psychotic Villager,:4villager: the all but forgotten hero Mega Man :4megaman: and the most obscure of all, the Wii Fit Trainer.:4wiifit:Come November, Marth had been confirmed to return again in Super Smash Bros:4marth:, but by then, hope for the Boy Roy began to dwindle like a dying fire. The Radiant Hero had returned again:4myfriends:, and the curtains slowly fell down on the stage for the Boy Roy as Robin:4robinm: and Lucina:4lucina: were confirmed, with Lucina confirmed to be a clone of Marth, just like a familiar hero of legend.

The flames began to die when the ESRB leak showed only one of Roy's trusted allies Dr. Mario was confirmed to return, yet there was no sign of Mewtwo. Just by sheer coincidence, Roy faced a new opposition, in the form of Roy Koopa,:4roy: (Currently writing a fan-fic about Roy VS Roy) but the fires that supported Roy were put out when Marth was seen in violet garb. We thought it was over.

It wasn't until now that our fires have been re-ignited, thanks to Roy's ally Mewtwo confirmed as DLC. If you ask me, the way to bring back the best of the Melee Clone Trio is that our Boy Roy comes back as DLC, however unlikely that situation be.

TL;DR, Roy has a few good qualities that can justify his return:
+ A veteran character from Melee that is considered popular by his fans.
+ A recent design can be used to change him from being a full-clone to semi or quasi-clone.
+ Could be a good choice should they decide to bring back another cut Melee veteran.
(Also throwing these in: His game was the first portable Fire Emblem. Marth and Roy also established the popularity of FE in the west.)

His counters, however:
- Does Fire Emblem really need 5 characters? Is it overrepresentation? Then again, what is overrepresentation?
- Commonly regarded by others as a character in both Smash Bros and Fire Emblem as one that leaves very little impact on the players.
- Would he be a clone again? "We don't need two Marth Clones!"
- Marth's violet costume, which has turned him into my punching bag. (Sorry Marth.)
- Roy Koopa. Wouldn't it get confusing having two Roys in the same game?

Any thoughts? Also, please suggest move sets for a new Merc!Roy. You can use Project M, Melee or anything else you can think of. Once again, it's nice to see this thread back.

pupNapoleon

Smash Hero
NNID
NapoleonPlays
3DS FC
5129-1683-5306
Switch FC
SW 3124 9647 8311
I honestly think we would see Squirtle, Ivysaur, and/or a revamped Pokemon Trainer before him.

J04KlM

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Pichu4SSB4
3DS FC
4940-5417-1674
We need the real Roy back.:roypm:

:4roy: This guy is just a poser.

Lucina failed to fill the void where Roy used to be, her playstyle is nothing like him. He had a completely different gimmick. Though his moves were the same as Marth visually, just like Lucina, but his overall metagame was drastically different.

With that said, his chances of being DLC are very slim. Mewtwo came back thanks to major fan demand, though Roy is a cult fan favorite he's nowhere near the demand as Mewtwo. What i'm hoping for is that Sakurai is willing to bring back more veterans as DLC, if he makes that a goal then Roy is not completely out of the picture.

The quantity of already available Fire Emblem reps in the roster is the biggest con against him right now, but it boils down to how much Sakurai is willing to expand the roster with DLC. I can see the Fire Emblem series getting at least one DLC character.

Another con against him is that it might seem redundant to have two Marth clones, it comes down to what kind of variety Sakurai is looking for when it comes to DLC additions. Will all DLC characters have to be completely unique? Or are more clones a consideration? If not, then i hope they can consider to rework Roy and differentiate him from Marth and Lucina.

A big pro for him is that he'd be very easy to incorporate, unlike Mewtwo who has to be recreated from scratch. Marth's base moveset is already in the game for Roy to borrow assets from. The same reason Dr. Mario made it back, because the effort was just to alter Mario's existing moveset slightly.

There is a line up of other Fire Emblem characters, more relevant ones that might seem reasonable to take the DLC slot. But they'd have to be made from scratch, where as Roy would not because he is a veteran . That is a pro he will always have over other Fire Emblem candidates.

So with this said, i completely support Roy's return.

ROY'S OUR BOY!

Hellrazor

NNID
jkjk237
3DS FC
4596-9639-1071
I think Project M did a phenomenal job with differentiating Roy's moveset from Marth's. I wouldn't be surprised if he returned with at least one of those new moves (like the nair). Hopefully Nintendo will recognize what made Roy strong in Melee like we did and amplify those traits. I'd like to see the return of a revamped DED and dtilt combos. However, Roy without the wavedash and dash dance is going to be pretty foreign to me at first. Hopefully they wouldn't completely restyle him like they did Falco. Seeing how they've handled Marth in Brawl and 4, it makes me kind of sad about the whole range nerf that they got. I'd imagine maintaining the near-hilt sweetspot hits would be more difficult than tippers just because he'd be effectively a brawler with a sword this short.

I feel like Marth's Roy color isn't anything more than a nod toward him. In fact I think Roy's Awakening design is the most likely to appear if any Roy were to be added. And as for conflicting names with the koopaling, we can remove the koopaling because he sucks and deserves to die for stealing Our Boy's name-- I mean... FE Roy could gain a prefix or suffix or something that ties him to Fire Emblem, like Lord Roy or Roy of Elibe/Pherae.

And, who knows? Maybe Nintendo is using their unfinished data of Roy from Brawl right now, and we have no idea? They fully intended to bring him back. Mewtwo was in the same position, after all.

Last edited:

Croph

Hold Baroque Inside
NNID
IceCreamStar
3DS FC
3196-4596-5388
Oh boy, the character threads are re-opened. Here we go again. :laugh:

But yeah, nice to see the threads opened, especially this one. Really happy so see Mewtwo return and this opens the door for other character DLC in the future. I'm keeping my expectations low, but I would be genuinely disappointed if Roy doesn't return, as it would be awesome to see him alongside Dr. Mario and Mewtwo again.

It would be nice if we could make something for the OP, as perhaps not leaving it vacant would attract more people here. Not that I think it's gonna make a difference whether he's going to get in or not, but it would be nice.

A Brawl and Melee DLC vet pack would be amazing, even if it's unlikely. Reminds me of this a little.

pupNapoleon

Smash Hero
NNID
NapoleonPlays
3DS FC
5129-1683-5306
Switch FC
SW 3124 9647 8311
How would all feel about Roy being a costume alt for Marth?

Last edited:

Seraphim.

Smash Ace
NNID
Seraphim35
How would all feel about Roy being a costume alt for Marth?
I don't see this happening. Sakurai made Lucina playable despite her only notable difference being her lack of a tipper, while Roy was different than Marth virtually everywhere.

Not to mention that Roy having Marth's hit boxes would completely contradict his Smash character.

zkaka3000

Smash Cadet
I support Roy for DLC for sure!! I miss him from Super smash Melee. Dude i miss his wicked fire!

Last edited:

Strider_Bond00J

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-2525-8699-9095
Regarding custom specials, what do you think Roy should use for his customs? I think maybe a touch of Sol Badguy would fit in with the Merc-Lord style, like Volcanic Viper and Gun Flame to his Up and Neutral Special custom moves,

Last edited:

Croph

Hold Baroque Inside
NNID
IceCreamStar
3DS FC
3196-4596-5388
Although I'm not really expecting it, giving Roy some sort of fire projectile move would be nice and help to differentiate him from Marth, Ike, and Lucina more.

Assuming Roy would retain similar Specials in Melee, some ideas:

Neutral Special 2: Something that plays with the momentum if used. Also could help with horizontal recovery
Neutral Special 3: Weaker knockback or damage, but bigger hitbox (as in, the fire arc + explosion)

Down Special 2: Heals reasonable amount of damage if successful (easier to pull off than regular counter), but does less damage + knockback (or maybe none at all)
Down Special 3: Similar to Marth's Rush Counter + fiery explosion

Up Special 2: Only drags a single opponents upwards, but does a mini explosion at the end of the move
Up Special 3: Changes the trajectory path (maybe the angle or something) and sacrifices a little bit of vertical height for more horizontal coverage

Side Specials: I dunno, could be something similar to Marth's but... with Roy's own fiery flair.

Roy-Kun

Smash Ace
3DS FC
2337-4154-9016
Since custom special moves were introduced, I thought it was finally time to give him his projectile attack. As either his Side special, with variations like:
  • Special 1 (Default): Projectile. The more it's charged the farther it'll appear and the stronger it'll be. A fiery circle starts forming as an indicator of where it'll appear. (3% - 17%)
  • Special 2: Longer charge, stronger explosion. (7% - 32%)
  • Special 3: Reduced damage, faster movement for the explosion's location. (1% - 12%)
Of course, this is pure speculation. I can see Roy once again as someone who as commented in a guide in Melee, is a good character with special attacks, making use of them more often than anyone else. And also I'd see him as more of a close-and-personal fighter compared to Robin, who has more projectiles at his/her disposal.

I think if Roy were to be taken away the Double-Edge Dance, he'd go through changes like Pit - he'd be powered up in his melee combat.

I'd come with a full custom special moveset, but I liked what you did there Croph.

RobinOnDrugs

Your Friendly Neighborhood Scavenger
It would be pretty awesome if they actually brought back Roy as DLC. The only issue to me is that there's already a :4roy: on the roster. Maybe they could differentiate the voices?

Strider_Bond00J

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-2525-8699-9095
It would be pretty awesome if they actually brought back Roy as DLC. The only issue to me is that there's already a :4roy: on the roster. Maybe they could differentiate the voices?
Some could argue one way is to have a prefix that distinguishes the two. The Announcer could say "Roy", for :4roy:, but for Our Boy, he could say something slightly different, like "Lord Roy!" ...Then again, there's that FreakyForms trophy of a 'King Roy'...:glare: Only 1 of these Roys is Our Boy.:roymelee: If you left it to me to do the announcement call for Roy, I'd probably go with: "The boy Roy!"

Last edited:

SchAlternate

Smash Master
NNID
SchAlternate
Switch FC
SW-4691-2422-5427
So, as for a moveset:

Roy's playstyle is heavily centered on high risk, high reward. Most of his stats are pretty tame: he has moderately high speed, lackluster jumping prowess and somewhat light weight (slightly lighter than Mario). However, Roy's main perk relies on his sword. At the tip, it deals averange damage and knockback, but if you are hit by the blade, you are welcomed with brutal ammounts of damage, and enemies hit at the very hilt of the sword will be sent really far away, even at low percentages. Here's the catch, though; if Roy lands a hit with the hilt of the blade, he recieves recoil damage, which becomes more significant with his stronger moves.

Think of Roy as a merge between his gameplay style and that of Pichu's; most of his attacks hurt him, but the hurt the enemy even more.

• :GCB:- Flare Blade: Roy's signature move. Like Eruption, this move involves Roy charging up his blade before releasing a powerful slash. Charge it too much and it will cause a deadly explosion that hits opponents far away and recoil on Roy. Sweetspotted, this attack can become a OHKO, dealing even more damage to his foes and himself.
    • Great Flare Blade: A variant on his original move. The charge on this on takes less time and has additional range. However, the sweetspot is significantly weaker.
    • Solar Blade: Pretty much the opposite of the original move. Instead of causing a double edged explosion, it will heal Roy if he connects the move with a target, at the expense of killing power. A safer option to compliment Roy's risky playstyle. Based on the Sol skill in Fire Emblem.
  • :GCR:- Peril Dance: A revamp on his original side special, Double Edge Dance. Roy still performs a series of slashes that variate by the player's input, like Marth's Dancing Blade. However, this time Roy releases a wave of flames with every slash he performs. Tilting the joystick at a given direction alters the angle of the waves, and Roy can perform up to three slashes. Based on Roy's ranged attack in FE6.
    • Danger Dance: Like Peril Dance, but only produces a wave on the last wave. This wave, however, is larger and slower, being great for stage control.
    • Double Edge Dance: Roy's classic Side B. This version doesn't produce any waves, making it more viable for combos. First two slashes deal considerable damage and set knockback, while the last one deals brutal knockback.
  • :GCU:- Blazer: Another of Roy's signature moves. Roy charges briefly before rising in a spiral of flames caused by his sword. During the charge, he is invulnerable to knockback and opponents touching Roy will be sent upwards before they get trapped in the fiery tornado Roy engulfs himself in. It can be angled in much more directions than Marth's Dolphin Slash, but doesn't recover as much; to compensate, he won't go into helpless mode after using this move (but he won't be able to use the move again in midair)
    • Rapid Blazer: Roy goes further away with this move than with normal Blazer. However, it doesn't trap enemies in and the charge time is higher.
    • Impact Blazer: The KO variation of this move. It doesn't require a charge before the rising, and at the apex of the jump, it causes a small explosion that sends victims flying away after drilling them all the way up (ew). Doesn't go as far as the regular version, and renders Roy helpless.
  • :GCD:- Counter: Roy's trusty Counter. The window of activation is limited, but deals twice the damage of the attack that connects with the counter.
    • Meteor Counter: Sends opponents plummeting into the ground while only countering half the damage it counters.
    • Mirror Counter: Lasts longer and is able to reflect projectiles, but deals the same amount of damage as the countered attack.
  • :GCA:- Limit Breaker: Roy's Final Smash. Based on Roy's Critical Hit animation when wielding the Sword of Seals, Roy leaps into the air and launches a freaking GINORMOUS fire wave into the battlefield, wreaking havoc on everyone (think of Zero's Genmu Zero move in Mega Man X5/Marvel Vs Capcom 3).

Strider_Bond00J

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-2525-8699-9095
So, as for a moveset:

Roy's playstyle is heavily centered on high risk, high reward. Most of his stats are pretty tame: he has moderately high speed, lackluster jumping prowess and somewhat light weight (slightly lighter than Mario). However, Roy's main perk relies on his sword. At the tip, it deals averange damage and knockback, but if you are hit by the blade, you are welcomed with brutal ammounts of damage, and enemies hit at the very hilt of the sword will be sent really far away, even at low percentages. Here's the catch, though; if Roy lands a hit with the hilt of the blade, he recieves recoil damage, which becomes more significant with his stronger moves.

Think of Roy as a merge between his gameplay style and that of Pichu's; most of his attacks hurt him, but the hurt the enemy even more.

• :GCB:- Flare Blade: Roy's signature move. Like Eruption, this move involves Roy charging up his blade before releasing a powerful slash. Charge it too much and it will cause a deadly explosion that hits opponents far away and recoil on Roy. Sweetspotted, this attack can become a OHKO, dealing even more damage to his foes and himself.
    • Great Flare Blade: A variant on his original move. The charge on this on takes less time and has additional range. However, the sweetspot is significantly weaker.
    • Solar Blade: Pretty much the opposite of the original move. Instead of causing a double edged explosion, it will heal Roy if he connects the move with a target, at the expense of killing power. A safer option to compliment Roy's risky playstyle. Based on the Sol skill in Fire Emblem.
  • :GCR:- Peril Dance: A revamp on his original side special, Double Edge Dance. Roy still performs a series of slashes that variate by the player's input, like Marth's Dancing Blade. However, this time Roy releases a wave of flames with every slash he performs. Tilting the joystick at a given direction alters the angle of the waves, and Roy can perform up to three slashes. Based on Roy's ranged attack in FE6.
    • Danger Dance: Like Peril Dance, but only produces a wave on the last wave. This wave, however, is larger and slower, being great for stage control.
    • Double Edge Dance: Roy's classic Side B. This version doesn't produce any waves, making it more viable for combos. First two slashes deal considerable damage and set knockback, while the last one deals brutal knockback.
  • :GCU:- Blazer: Another of Roy's signature moves. Roy charges briefly before rising in a spiral of flames caused by his sword. During the charge, he is invulnerable to knockback and opponents touching Roy will be sent upwards before they get trapped in the fiery tornado Roy engulfs himself in. It can be angled in much more directions than Marth's Dolphin Slash, but doesn't recover as much; to compensate, he won't go into helpless mode after using this move (but he won't be able to use the move again in midair)
    • Rapid Blazer: Roy goes further away with this move than with normal Blazer. However, it doesn't trap enemies in and the charge time is higher.
    • Impact Blazer: The KO variation of this move. It doesn't require a charge before the rising, and at the apex of the jump, it causes a small explosion that sends victims flying away after drilling them all the way up (ew). Doesn't go as far as the regular version, and renders Roy helpless.
  • :GCD:- Counter: Roy's trusty Counter. The window of activation is limited, but deals twice the damage of the attack that connects with the counter.
    • Meteor Counter: Sends opponents plummeting into the ground while only countering half the damage it counters.
    • Mirror Counter: Lasts longer and is able to reflect projectiles, but deals the same amount of damage as the countered attack.
  • :GCA:- Limit Breaker: Roy's Final Smash. Based on Roy's Critical Hit animation when wielding the Sword of Seals, Roy leaps into the air and launches a freaking GINORMOUS fire wave into the battlefield, wreaking havoc on everyone (think of Zero's Genmu Zero move in Mega Man X5/Marvel Vs Capcom 3).
Peril Dance sounds really awesome! Also, just a point of reference, does Roy take damage with every sword strike, or is it just for his specials?

Croph

Hold Baroque Inside
NNID
IceCreamStar
3DS FC
3196-4596-5388
Thanks again!

Will update sometime tomorrow (and knowing me, hopefully I don't write paragraphs upon paragraphs lol). Unlike before, now it's DLC speculation time, and I feel the vet threads, specifically Roy's, should have proper OPs and whatnot.

Feel free to post any specific ideas you guys want for the OP (movesets, costumes, whatevs), or PM me (that would probably be better and more organized).

J04KlM

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Pichu4SSB4
3DS FC
4940-5417-1674
Some could argue one way is to have a prefix that distinguishes the two. The Announcer could say "Roy", for :4roy:, but for Our Boy, he could say something slightly different, like "Lord Roy!" ...Then again, there's that FreakyForms trophy of a 'King Roy'...:glare: Only 1 of these Roys is Our Boy.:roymelee: If you left it to me to do the announcement call for Roy, I'd probably go with: "The boy Roy!"
If Roy, :roypm: < this handsome fella, were to be DLC. I think they easily could just alter :4roy:'s name by calling him "Roy Koopa", because that IS his name. I'm insulted that they just went with "Roy" for him, when that isn't even what he's addressed as in his own perspective series.

He even stole our boy's crowd chant, seriously.

SchAlternate

Smash Master
NNID
SchAlternate
Switch FC
SW-4691-2422-5427
If Roy, :roypm: < this handsome fella, were to be DLC. I think they easily could just alter :4roy:'s name by calling him "Roy Koopa", because that IS his name. I'm insulted that they just went with "Roy" for him, when that isn't even what he's addressed as in his own perspective series.

He even stole our boy's crowd chant, seriously.
Do they actually go "Roy's our Boy" for Roy Koopa!?

Such blasphemy...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom