• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Lycia Alliance: Roy Legacy Support Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bowserlick

Smash Hero
I admit I am biased. I think two FE characters are enough. I think Marth really demonstrates the strategy of FE with his special moves. A physical counter, a built in-designable combo, and a shield poker that also propels him in air.

Ike adds less to the Smash world, but his still flavorful. He is strong-sword based user (something I think Roy was suppose to be, but ultimately failed to live up to).

I am not sure what Roy or Chrom can really add to the game (except being fan favorites which does count for something; notable to sales: However, the people that want Roy back will probably buy Smash 4 anyways, not sure how many people that have not yet played Smash will buy the game because of Roy).

But we will see. If I had to choose between Chrom and Roy, I do see Roy as adding more to Chrom and would pick him.

FlareHabanero

Banned via Warnings
Actually, Roy was more supposed to be balanced then a power house. His attack and speed were more balanced out then Marth, but the reason why he failed to live up to his playstyle is because of his hitboxes not complimenting his style of play.

Croph

Hold Baroque Inside
NNID
IceCreamStar
3DS FC
3196-4596-5388
Actually, Roy was more supposed to be balanced then a power house. His attack and speed were more balanced out then Marth, but the reason why he failed to live up to his playstyle is because of his hitboxes not complimenting his style of play.
Um, I actually had a question pertaining to his hitboxes. If Roy does keep his sweetspot (centre of blade) and it's somehow balanced/implanted right (as in it won't hinder Roy in the long run, though I'm not sure what will be the best way), wouldn't that make Roy more of a high risk, high reward character (cuz, y'know, his hitboxes will result in more risk)? Or perhaps with other moves (like self-damaging Flare Blade, etc) and attributes, it will help carve Roy into that archetype?

The thing is, when I'm coming up with movesets, I can't get my mind away for Roy becoming more of a glass cannon. Idk...does that archetype make sense for Roy?

I admit I am biased. I think two FE characters are enough. I think Marth really demonstrates the strategy of FE with his special moves. A physical counter, a built in-designable combo, and a shield poker that also propels him in air.
I think the problem is that a lot of people do believe FE deserves at least 3 characters. Though while X series deserves Y amount of characters is subjective, Sakurai doesn't seem to have any problem with FE getting 3 (I'm putting aside people's beef with Star Fox getting 3 characters versus FE and FE continuing to become a popular series). I wouldn't cry if FE sticks with two, though I know some people who might.

FlareHabanero

Banned via Warnings
If the hitboxes are retained the way they are but the moves are implemented differently, a disadvantage can be turned around to an advantage. What I mean is a character that can use the hitboxes as a utility to space himself without the cost power, in a sense like Pit in Project M. Of course it's not straight forward considering the different archetypes provoked; both are balanced but Roy is more combo based while Pit is more utility based. However, with the right tweaks implemented, a disadvantage can be turned into an advantage.

•Col•

Smash Champion
If the hitboxes are retained the way they are but the moves are implemented differently, a disadvantage can be turned around to an advantage. What I mean is a character that can use the hitboxes as a utility to space himself without the cost power, in a sense like Pit in Project M. Of course it's not straight forward considering the different archetypes provoked; both are balanced but Roy is more combo based while Pit is more utility based. However, with the right tweaks implemented, a disadvantage can be turned into an advantage.
I agree.

For instance, what his hitboxes weren't really just the opposite of Marths? As in more knockback/damage on sweetspot, and less knockback/damage on sourspot.

What if with Roy, the tip of his blade did more HITSTUN, while the base of the blade did more knockback? The damage would remain the same whether it was the tip or base of the blade. So the idea would be that you focus on comboing with the tip of the blade, and then using the increased hitstun time, move in to hit them with the base of the blade to do more knockback.

Bowserlick

Smash Hero
A way to unlock Roy.

You strike Marth 26 times with Ike's fully charged Eruption. On the twenty-SIXTH hit Marth bursts into flames, the announcer yells Roy's our Boy, and Roy appears in Marth's place.

He has Marth's moves except for Ike's B move. And there ya go.

GunBlaze

Smash Lord
Slippi.gg
GBLZ#778
What if with Roy, the tip of his blade did more HITSTUN, while the base of the blade did more knockback? The damage would remain the same whether it was the tip or base of the blade.
Wouldn't work. Hitstun is dependant on knockback, meaning that the tip would have to hit harder than the blade to cause more hitstun.

LaniusShrike

Smash Champion
Wouldn't work. Hitstun is dependant on knockback, meaning that the tip would have to hit harder than the blade to cause more hitstun.
As a programmer, I feel confident in saying that if they felt like making Roy's attacks an exception to that rule it would take hardly any effort at all. All the same... If you can use the hitstun to combo into his close-blade KO moves, isn't that effectively the same as just making his entire sword powerful?

•Col•

Smash Champion
I'm assuming they could make an exception like qdMbp said. Easiest way would probably just be give his tipped moves a set knockback/hitstun that stays the same regardless of the enemy's damage percentage.

As a programmer, I feel confident in saying that if they felt like making Roy's attacks an exception to that rule it would take hardly any effort at all. All the same... If you can use the hitstun to combo into his close-blade KO moves, isn't that effectively the same as just making his entire sword powerful?
Not really. It would just make him even more spacing defendant than even Marth. I didn't say there wouldn't be downsides to it. For instance, the tip of his blade could still have the CRAP knockback like it did in Melee, but also the base of the blade could do very low damage.

In the end, it was just an example I was throwing out there to make Roy even more unique rather than just have a reverse Falchion. Here's another quick idea: Forget about the spacing mechanic altogether. So basically, it would be the same damage/knockback regardless of which part of the sword you hit your opponent with(think of other sword users like Link/Ike/MK). However, if the person you hit is one fire, then you do more damage/knockback to them.

The idea with this mechanic would be to use your special moves(and select normal moves) to keep your enemy lit on fire so you can increase your damage output. This would also make him an interesting team character, as teammates that have moves that can light people on fire(ex: Samus' missles/bombs/dtilt/upsmash/fair) would help synergize with him.

Anyway... The point of this was to just to get people thinking outside of the box. Roy's hitboxes don't have to work exactly like they did in Melee. I'm sure if others gave it some thought some really interesting Roy ideas would pop up. :3c

LaniusShrike

Smash Champion
Here's what I'm thinking for new Roy specials.

ROY
Up Special​
FIERY FLIGHT
Roy's sword ignites and he swings it underneath himself in an arc. A moment later, the arc explodes in a gout of flame, launching Roy into the sky. The sword swing knocks enemies downward and the explosion blows them up. While the special cannot be used again until he lands, Roy can attack afterward freely.

Side Special​
BURNING BRAND
Roy raises his hand to the sky where it becomes emblazoned with his house crest and then jumps forward with his palm extended. If he hits an enemy, they are knocked horizontally and then marked for the next ten seconds with the crest symbol floating over their head.
Branded: Enemies that have been branded take 50% more damage from fire attacks and are launched a little farther.

Neutral Special​
EMBER BLADE
(inspired by the ranged attack of the Sword of Seals)
Roy holds his blade out to his side and starts to charge it with fiery energy. When the button is released or when the attack is fully charged, the fire is released in to the side. While the attack is charging, the blade can hurt enemies who come too close.
Tap: A tiny spark is released.
Partial charge: A roiling ball of flame moves across the stage.
Full charge: A giant fireball moves across the stage, dripping damaging droplets down from it.

Down Special​
PYROTIC PURSUIT
(inspired by the FE skill “Pursuit” where your character may attack again after your enemy's attack)
Roy switches his grip to reverse, concentrates and waits a second, and then jumps forward with a slash.
The trick is, while he's preparing for the slash he cannot be knocked back and if he takes damage his sword ignites, making the slash deal more damage in proportion to how much has been dealt to him.

Final Smash​
FUNERAL PYRE
Roy raises his blade into the sky as it starts roiling with flame. Streams of flame shoot up off the screen and then droplets hail down onto the stage where they stick to whatever they touch and continue to burn.
The initial gout of flame into the sky has the potential to KO foes, but the factor is that the stage floor ends up being dangerous... kind of like playing “the floor is lava”.

Bowserlick

Smash Hero
A solution in making Roy's sword dynamics (base of the sword has more power) work, is to make Roy's moves have little safety. Power attacks such as smashes would have Roy leap or step forward while raising his sword, exposing himself but making it easier to hit with the inside. Thus if Roy has a few stun moves, he could make his risky hits have less risk.

Croph

Hold Baroque Inside
NNID
IceCreamStar
3DS FC
3196-4596-5388
I really like the ideas you guys are coming up with. One thing that Roy definitely needs is more ph1r3, baby! Should this be Roy's character theme?

Man, the moveset I have in mind for him seems waaay OP, but oh well, at least it's fun doing these things. I'm just having trouble coming up with a way to utilize the sword's healing ability in a Smash setting (because I'd personally like something like that). Here's some ideas I have in mind:

- On a successful counter, Roy heals some damage
- Similar to Ivysaur's Synthesis(?) in PM, Roy will stop and hold his sword up, slowly reducing damage over time. Once the duration is over, Roy is rewarded with a powerful fire projectile (or not. Whatever works)
- A life drain attack. Could be physical, like a good ranged sword slash that restores damage equal to the amount dealt or 50%. Could also be non-physical, like a ranged wave-like attack, or similar to Phoenix's Healing Field in MvC3. Basically a fiery field surrounds Roy, and he would keep getting healed as long as anyone's caught in it during the duration

Yeah...that's all I could think of. Not really sure if it will work out lol.

Qlaw

Smash Cadet
Hmm, maybe he could have his side special reverse his blade? like a blade dance but reversed? maybe even have them be reflectors as he swings?

Another would be to give him a projectile? whether it be from a sword swing or maybe even his hand. I'm thinking he charges it with one hand then fires(lol)

ChronoBound

Smash Hero
Part 2: One Sword, One Will

We are now less than two weeks from the unveil of Smash 4. Activity has been flaring up recently, and we we will likely be hit with a whole bunch of new posters for this very topic.

Roy is among the most wanted characters for Smash 4. So wanted in fact that he is even among the Top 5. Here is Shortie's poll as off 900 votes:

God Tier
· Mewtwo 594
· Megaman 532

Top Tier
· Ridley 474
· King K. Rool 462
· Roy 418
· Little Mac (Punch Out) 402

Roy could very much be the 5th/6th most wanted character for Smash 4 among Western Smash Bros. fans. Its very impressive to say the least. And in two weeks Roy's rank could go even higher considering that Ridley, Mega Man, Little Mac, Palutena (who is the character below Little Mac in this poll), and Mewtwo all have considerable chances of being confirmed during the unveil. We will probably get around 1-4 of the previously mentioned characters confirmed in two weeks.

Roy traditionally has been among the Top 10 in the West (usually around #7-8 in the polls).

This is the big time now. Roy is now sitting out at the table with the likes of Mewtwo, Mega Man, Ridley, K. Rool, and Little Mac. In two weeks less at least of those characters will be confirmed for Smash 4.

Roy's support is probably the most similar to that of Little Mac. A character with a fanbase of his size yet there is not more vocal support for him. The detractors use every chance they get to voice their displeasure with Roy. Recently, the Roy detractors have begrudgingly acknowledged Roy's very high popularity, and have said "he should return... as a costume". Putting a sword to these people should be incredibly easy, because typically these people back Chrom, of whom has less differentiation to Marth/Ike than Roy does.

That the enemies of Roy are beginning to lose their footing and starting to compromise shows that a chance at victory (that Roy will be accepted even by detractors as having worth to return) is real, and could very much be at hand.

We NEED to be more aggressive, especially in the coming weeks where we will be swamped by hordes of users who still carry the same misconceptions and lies about Roy from the pre-Brawl days. Through our vigilance and tenacity, we will hold strong.

However, there are many of you out there that simply not debaters or don't like confrontation. Like an army in Fire Emblem, not all units are combat ones, and among the different combat ones, have different utility for different situations. Some of you could support Roy (like Croph) by posting cool artwork or videos of Roy (or other cutesy or badass pics/videos of him). For some (like myself), can cite sales, polls, knowledge about Smash Bros., knowledge about FE, to help support Roy. I personally would like to applaud Colaya for defending Roy in various topics lately. Very, very commendable.

Supporting Roy against a detractor, or showing support for Roy in general, could merely even just be having a Roy support tag in your signature (or the Knights of Elibe tag in it). Speaking of which, I am hoping we could make some new propaganda tags for Roy based on some artwork that we find or pictures/images from Hasha no Tsurigi.

Regardless of how we plan to support Roy, we all need to become one sword for him.

Roy's own struggles was not too different from our own. Like Roy, the support for the cause of his return only started out with a small core group of people (at least those who were very avid and enthusiastic about it)...

As with Roy, at the beginning the odds were against us. There were so many large FE character factions who claimed their characters deserved it more, and that they would be more unique. Yet today, characters like Micaiah, Black Knight, and Caeda are not requested much anymore, whereas Roy is not only still the most wanted FE character, but among the most wanted characters for Smash 4 in general. Like Roy, I am asking you all to vigilantly fight despite the tremendous onslaught that we are about to face.

My plea and rally efforts for Roy have invigorated a few of you to continue the long fight for Roy's return...

Through all of our efforts, big and small, we can become One Sword for Roy, and help support him for the remaining 1.5 years of the pre-Smash 4 period. Regardless of how little an effort you think you will be able to put in, just saying "I support Roy, and I really want him to return for Smash 4" still goes a long way.

Every attack, every praise, every effort, its all part of one sword...

I know some of you out there, think that I alone can carry this effort for Roy's return. But honestly, I can't. I am going to need help from all of you. And although many of you don't think you can aspire to what I have done to support characters in the past, all of your efforts truly mean something.

I can't fight alone. If Roy is truly going to be among the likes of Ridley, Mewtwo, Mega Man, K. Rool, and Little Mac, and truly among the most hyped characters to return for Smash 4, and truly a character still seen as worthy enough to represent the entire FE franchise, we will ALL need to put some effort in.

Its going to be a long and difficult 1.5 years ahead of us.

I still have a bit more to say before E3 hits. Unfortunately, due to how busy I have been, its looking increasingly like I may not be able to get the Roy support topic done in time for E3. I think though in terms of making a support topic, while I certainly have some ideas, there are others out there (SSBF specifically) who have a keen ability to make a great support topic. Collectively I think we all will have something contribute to a support topic, whether it will be through organization (like SSBF), links and arguments (supplied by myself), movesets (supplied by me, Habanero, and several others), and supportive artwork and photoshops (supplied by Croph and Starphoenix), I think all of us having something to give for this effort.

I want it to be so that if Roy gets in Smash 4, that the effort that was won, is not pointed at towards a specific individual, but rather a collective. A victory that is shared in and relished in together.

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
As far as new posters are concerned, I haven't seen anyone yet who openly speaks out against Roy, which is a good thing.

Shotguner159

Smash Apprentice
If Roy is in SSB4, I'm hoping he has Aegis as a Special, seeing as how it's his skill when he shows up as a Spotpass or DLC in Awakening.

FlareHabanero

Banned via Warnings
This whole support harboring seems to be a pointless endeavor at this point, considering that the roster should of been completed by now. Any support now would be just a waste of time, instead that support should be changed to anticipation. While it might be enjoyable to fight, a fight is worthless if nothing comes out of it.

Also, again, I'm not here to relish in the inclusion of Roy, but rather the rejection of Chrom/Lucina. If those two are rejected, I can finally relish in the fact that Sakurai does not follow some bull**** pattern.

Shotguner159

Smash Apprentice
Also, again, I'm not here to relish in the inclusion of Roy, but rather the rejection of Chrom/Lucina. If those two are rejected, I can finally relish in the fact that Sakurai does not follow some bull**** pattern.
Doesn't he ask IS who they think should be in?

D

Deleted member

This whole support harboring seems to be a pointless endeavor at this point, considering that the roster should of been completed by now. Any support now would be just a waste of time, instead that support should be changed to anticipation. While it might be enjoyable to fight, a fight is worthless if nothing comes out of it.

At this point, the only reason why pushing for characters would be worth it is under these situations:
1. To hopefully establish a fan base big enough to get Sakurai's attention in SSB5 should said character fail to get in SSB4 (like I plan to do with Bowser Jr.).
2. Like ChronoBound said, the push for a character in development would convince Sakurai to save the character.

Roy would fall under the second category. Whenever or not this actually works remains to be seen, but I'm more in the group because of my tiredness of people calling Chrom among the most likely newcomers when it's simply not true (even if my desire for Roy also plays a large part in this as well).

Looking forward to when the social group's transfer is complete.

FlareHabanero

Banned via Warnings
Right, but for now we should worry about the "now" and less about the "future". Besides, this support might actually be all pointless at this point for all we know.

Also, I am not joining the Knights of Elibe once social groups comes up. Roy is not going to be a priority for me in the slightest, that priority will be for Takamaru.

FlareHabanero

Banned via Warnings
How can you leave something if you never joined to begin with?

I'm not much of a fan of Roy anyway, but I'd rather have Roy over the other alternatives.

ChronoBound

Smash Hero
Part 3: The True Battle May Be Just Beginning. No Matter What Hardships Are To Come... We Won't Give Up.

We are about half a week away from Smash 4 finally being unveiled. We have already seen a whole bunch of new posters emerge on this site. Surprisingly, there has not been a whole lot of new activity for the Roy thread.

Roy still remains among the Top 5 most wanted characters for that comprehensive Smash 4 poll, and on this site, there has not been a whole lot of Roy detractors lately.

I think while many people see Roy as a better alternative to Chrom, I want a lot more people to support Roy on the principle of actually wanting him, and not only that for him to be among their most wanted characters for Smash 4, basically a second Mewtwo. A character whom made a powerful impression on what their franchise was about in an earlier epoch, a beloved character in Melee, and overall a character whom many eagerly await the return to.

However, although things seem well and good here, things can easily go wrong:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xpgHRknUO6g

Many times when we have received a deluge of new information, fanaticism and delusion fanboy waves sweep the discourse of Smash Bros. forums and topics.

Many people often misinterpret or take wildly out of context statements made by Sakurai. Examples of this include Sakurai's statement for adding Zero Suit Samus. Sakurai said he added Zero Suit Samus because he wanted to give the popular Metroid series another characters, and that it was good to add another female fighter to Smash Bros. Nearly every major female newcomer fanbase wildly misinterpreted that this meant that if a male and female character were in competition for a spot on the roster, he would go with the female character.

Another example of this would be when Sakurai confirmed cuts for Brawl. While many people thought Pichu, Young Link, and Dr. Mario were obvious cuts. They expanded it to much less obvious characters like practicallly half of Melee's roster. Many people thought characters like Mr. Game & Watch or Ice Climbers would be cut because they were "gimmicks nobody liked".

The radical hyperbole interpretations of both of these statements gave supporters for newcomers (particularly the fanbases of Wolf, Ike, and Toon Link) and various veterans a hard time.

However, the reason why I am writing this last essay in the final days before Smash 4's unveil, is that there has been a multitude of times where some sort of development happened where some new information or unveil happened, and a large part to a character's fanbase lost hope.

The first example is perhaps the most well known. In Lucas's update, Sakurai said, "up until now, there was a character named Ness in Smash Bros." which made a very large portion of Smash Bros. fans believe Ness had been cut from Smash Bros. Further proof that this may have really been the case is that in Ness's Japanese Melee update, he mentioned that he would have replaced Ness with the protagonist of Mother 3 had it been released. Even myself was doubtful about Ness returning for Brawl after hearing of those two pieces of information. Yet a small core of Ness fans continued to fight on, and it turned out that not only Ness returned for Brawl, but he was also among the first hidden characters unlocked for that game.

Another example is Lucario. Many people thought his chances for Brawl were shot after Pokemon Trainer was unveiled on the Dojo, and that he was basically three characters in one. People thought that adding a fourth Pokemon newcomer would have been overkill and was definitely unneeded. Lucario ended up losing a large amount of his support due to many people thinking he was out of the running. Yet as things got closer to the release of Brawl, the vindicated leakers and a legitimate accidental leak (one of the stickers in a Japanese Brawl commercial showed Lucario's head icon), made the Lucario fans that managed to stay true to Lucario feel vindicated.

Perhaps the most profound example and turnabout was with Wolf. Wolf has been a character that was very popularly requested since the pre-Melee days. During much of pre-Brawl (prior to the Brawl unveil), he was definitely far more preferred Star Fox newcomer. However, due to Sakurai's statement on ZSS, Krystal became very competitive with Wolf in terms of requests (in Japan though, Wolf was still by far the favorite).

Wolf fans endured a lot of abuse and attacks for the next 1.5 years by the Krystal fanbase. They attacked him for being a possible clone, and for not not being "female". However, the Wolf fanbase continued to fight valiantly in the face of endless assaults and drooling horny adolescents. The Krystal fanbase during pre-Brawl was one of the most aggressive and loudest fanbases ever seen with Smash Bros. (the only other one I think matched them was Geno's), which makes the resilience of the Wolf fans even more impressive.Wolf still even had a slight edge in requests than Krystal.

However, towards the last few months of the pre-Brawl period, the Krystal fanbase finally felt they had the upperhand over their hated rival. The first thing was Fox having a "dark" color-pallette. Krystal fans jumped on this and said this was Sakurai's way of referencing Wolf, and that is showed that Sakurai believed Wolf not a good enough addition for Smash Bros., especially in comparison to Krystal. Wolf fans were distraught and there were quite a few that abandoned hope for the characters, however, the rest bit their lips and hunkered down for the inevitable new galvanized weaponry (Dark Fox) that the Krystal fans and other Smash Bros. fans would use against Wolf.

Things would turn even uglier for Wolf fans with the voice actress leak. Krystal's voice actress for Assault confirmed that not only was she voicing Zero Suit Samus, but also that she would be reprising the role of Krystal in Brawl. This automatically made the rest of the Smash Bros. fanbase view her as a shoe-in. Many Wolf fans at this point had lost hope, and instead thought the best way for Wolf to get in would be for Falco to get out. However, a dedicated few still believed that Wolf would be the one to come out on top, and there was an even smaller few that hung onto the life raft that was the statements made by the increasingly vindicated leakers, that Wolf truly would be in Brawl.

It turned out of course, that Wolf did get into Brawl as a playable character.

As can be seen by these previous three examples, there were times to which character fanbases lost a lot of support (and especially confidence) due to new statements, information, or unveils. I have absolutely no reason to believe that we won't be seeing the same with Smash 4.

Moreover, I think there is a decent chance that there could very well be something Sakurai says or unveils that could impact us Roy supporters.

For example, if Sakurai includes Palutena, and says again "it was good to add Palutena because there were so few female characters in Smash Bros." people will again assume Sakurai wants more females and will give spots to female characters over their male counterparts.

Or another example. If Sakurai were to include Shulk (or possibly an unconventional third-party newcomer like Bayonetta), Sakurai could say something like, "I like to include newer characters with Smash Bros. games." Obviously, Chrom fans and Smash Bros. fans in general will interpret this as Sakurai wanting to put in a newer character over an older one, which particularly affects Roy since one of the arguments used against him is "relevancy".

Or if Sakurai makes a comment about having "fewer, but more unique" new characters this time, again this could hurt confidence among Roy fans (though it could also hurt Chrom).

I am just trying to imagine some of the things that Sakurai could possibly say in which for Roy fans to lose confidence or face further adversity.

However, there is also the fact that with the unveil, we will be deluged with legions of idiots, who no doubt will use the same tired and dusty arguments against Roy that we have seen in the past, and the that the babbles of idiocy will drown out the tenor of reason.

However, as with the examples of Wolf, Ness, and Lucario, we must not lose hope. We must continue to fight until the release of Smash 4. Its going to be a long 1.5 years, and we still have a lot of work to do to convince others on the merits for Roy's return.

The true battle may be just beginning.

However, no matter what hardships are to come... we won't give up!

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
^^^^^^^

We'll do this. We will remain! We will survive! We will have Roy one way or another!

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Roy should be easy to make, and he might perhaps be one of the few lesser unique characters. But that doesn't mean he'd be bland, he could easily be like Wolf (while characters as Wolf and Lucas get more refined characteristics for example). I'll be there on the field of war. One word of advice to all though: Know thy enemy.

FlareHabanero

Banned via Warnings

I've said it before, but this so called war is not exactly going to pull anything at this point. The roster has been determined, so at this point any late support will just go into an Assist Trophy at best. Since Roy has had the strongest support out of all the Fire Emblem characters ever since the release of Brawl and him having the advantage of being a more distinctive character then Chrom/Lucina should give off the impression that Roy has a good chance of coming in. Repeating the same beaten arguments now is not going to effect anything, so in a sense this war has been over before it even began.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Last minute clone addtions can still work.

Hence we could still raise support for characters as Roy, Dixie Kong, and... Impa. :reverse:

DIDN'T SEE THAT ONE COMING RITE? :cool:

In some slightly more serious tone: Sakurai still was very interessted in which characters where popular amongst fans after the trailer of Brawl was released. Even if he already decided the whole roster. Guess it comes down to priorities. There where probably far more characters considered for Brawl we know of. Priorities made Sakurai pick certain characters instead of others (as we know now; :jigglypuff: :sonic: :wolf: and :toonlink: all made it in Brawl before :mewtwomelee: :roymelee: and :drmario:). So if Sakurai knows that say, Roy is much more popular now than Dr.Mario, he'll pick adding Roy back before Dr.Mario.

ChronoBound

Smash Hero
Roy is not going to be a priority for me in the slightest, that priority will be for Takamaru.
That "priority" will very likely be confirmed in about three days time. I believe Takamaru to be the single most likely character to show up for Smash 4's unveil.

We'll do this. We will remain! We will survive! We will have Roy one way or another!
I appreciate your enthusiasm and confidence. We will definitely need this attitude going forward after the unveil.

Last minute clone addtions can still work.

Hence we could still raise support for characters as Roy, Dixie Kong, and... Impa. :reverse:

DIDN'T SEE THAT ONE COMING RITE? :cool:

In some slightly more serious tone: Sakurai still was very interessted in which characters where popular amongst fans after the trailer of Brawl was released. Even if he already decided the whole roster. Guess it comes down to priorities. There where probably far more characters considered for Brawl we know of. Priorities made Sakurai pick certain characters instead of others (as we know now; :jigglypuff: :sonic: :wolf: and :toonlink: all made it in Brawl before :mewtwomelee: :roymelee: and :drmario:). So if Sakurai knows that say, Roy is much more popular now than Dr.Mario, he'll pick adding Roy back before Dr.Mario.
This what I have been trying to say. Sakurai already has the roster decided at this point. Habanero brings up good points as to why Sakurai probably already has Roy on his "list", however, seeing what happened with Brawl (time constraints), I want to make sure this does not happen a second time, and if Sakurai is weighing which low priority "newcomers" (Wolf and Toon Link were the only low priority newcomers to get in Brawl) should outprioritize the rest of them, that he goes with Roy over the rest due to how much of a demand there is for him and that is overall solidifies his place on the roster.

Of course, there is a good chance that Sonic and all the content for his series being implemented was the reason why time constraints came up for Mewtwo and Roy.

I am still expecting Roy to be among the final characters that are unlocked in Smash 4.

I'm pretty good at arguing and can be pretty stubborn too at times, so I'll help.
Thanks. We are going to need all the help we can get.

Named your Generals already Chrono?
I have not come to a decision yet, but I have already have a lot of ideas floating around. Right now my main concern is the unveil. If Ridley is confirmed in three days, I gain then shift my focus entirely to Roy (and finishing the rest of my Smash 4 series analyses).

FlareHabanero

Banned via Warnings
That "priority" will very likely be confirmed in about three days time. I believe Takamaru to be the single most likely character to show up for Smash 4's unveil.
The reveal is not the priority, building a foundation for a fanbase is. Just simply giving up after a reveal is not support and is pathetic way of showing enthusiasm.

Croph

Hold Baroque Inside
NNID
IceCreamStar
3DS FC
3196-4596-5388
Those were some great reads, Chrono.

Yamada Koutarou (Hasha no Tsurugi's illustrator) draws a pretty badass/sexy Roy, huh? In fact, he also did the redesign for Ephraim. No wonder why Ephy looks pretty badass. :smirk:

Johnknight1

Upward and Forward, Positive and Persistent
NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
Freaking I don't care how many smash bros games we have, I will be ecstatic not IF Roy returns, BUT WHEN ROY RETURNS!!!

AFTER ALL, ROY IS OUR BOY!!!

And like a TRUE CHAMP, HE MAY GO DOWN, BUT HE DOESN'T STAY DOWN.

And like someone who remains a champ, right when you think he's down, HE SURPRISES YOU WITH A COME FROM BEHIND VICTORY!!!

And when at last Roy will return to our dear SMASH BROS, we will hear THIS SONG AS WE CELEBRATE IN TRIUMPH AND MARCH IN ECSTASY!!!
AND AT LONG LAST, WE WILL HEAR THE CHANTS AGAIN...

..."ROY'S OUR BOY!!! ROY'S OUR BOY!!! THANK GOD ALMIGHTY ROY'S OUR BOY!!!"

D

Deleted member

That's the spirit Johnknight!

Anyway, my main priority will be Mega Man (although it will be more to keep the fan base from collapsing should he not get into SSB4), but should Mega Man be confirmed tomorrow, Roy will end up being my main priority to add. I also plan on support other characters as well such as Bowser Jr. and Dixie Kong.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom