• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Lycia Alliance: Roy Legacy Support Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

Roy is the most interesting possible FE newcomer that is a probable contender for Smash 4, especially when you compare him to Chrom and especially Lucina. :troll:

THAT I don't disagree with one bit. Lucina and Chrom strike me as boring as ****. It sucks IS had to copy from Ike to build their next protag.

Besides we have Bandanna Dee as a possible lance-user, and he is definitely next in line for Kirby while we could go up to six slots for FE and Ephraim probably still would not be able to make it in.

Secondly, I can only see Ike using an axe for one of his specials if he returns for Smash 4.
NO! To hell with Bandana Dee. I can tolerate Toad and even Waluigi, but BDee is where I draw the line. Putting him over other potential Lance users is a kick in the balls.

Anyway, I know Eph has no chance in hell, but I avoided blabbing on about Lyn (yet again) so as to not sound like a broken record.

FlareHabanero

Banned via Warnings
Roy is the most interesting possible FE newcomer that is a probable contender for Smash 4, especially when you compare him to Chrom and especially Lucina. :troll:
Well duh, it's like comparing an apple to an caramel coated apple. They are the same stuff, but the latter has that extra pizzazz.

Roy being less boring then Chrom and Lucina is pretty much fact at this point.

NO! To hell with Bandana Dee. I can tolerate Toad and even Waluigi, but BDee is where I draw the line. Putting him over other potential Lance users is a kick in the balls.
Lance users? What character would swing Lance around? Clair?

D

Deleted member

For the love of God please no! His voice is absolutely everywhere!
How about Johnny Yong Bosch? I think Corph mentioned him pages back. Gotta love the JYB.

Now I picture Roy going, IT'S MORPHING TIME!!! As one of his taunts.

You know who should do Ike, Steven Blum. "I love the kind of women who can kick my ass..."

D

Deleted member

Lance users? What character would swing Lance around? Clair?
Who?

I dunno man, the idea of having a minion baddie as a full on playable kinda pisses me off. Especially since he's just a round ball with a poking stick. That's no lance user if you ask me. Maybe it's because the only Kirby games I like are the spin offs like Canvas Curse and Mass Attack, but still... It'd be like having Dry Bones or Koopa Troopa in Smash Bros.

No wait, it'd be more like having Kamek in Smash. Which also isn't too interesting.

Popsydoodles

Smash Journeyman
How about Johnny Yong Bosch? I think Corph mentioned him pages back. Gotta love the JYB.

Now I picture Roy going, IT'S MORPHING TIME!!! As one of his taunts.

You know who should do Ike, Steven Blum. "I love the kind of women who can kick my ***..."
steven blum is a little too grizzly for ike don't you think? what about the guy who did regal bryant's voice in Tales of Symphonia.

Start at 1:10. I looked it up and his VA is Crispin Freeman

D

Deleted member

[collapse="Lance"]
[/collapse]

[collapse="Clair"]
[/collapse]

Do you even Pokemon?
HO!

HOHohohohohohohohohohohoh!

I GET it.
Clair's always been a funny one:
"This Dragonbreath is not my breath, it is the breath of dragons"

Speaking of silly Pokemon quotes, remember the one in Gen5 about the not-so-coy girl teasing us about where she hides her Pokeballs if she's wearing a swimsuit?

How the hell did THAT make its way into a children's role playing game?!?

@doodles
I dunno, maybe it's just me, but I've always pictured Ike as more Grizzly. "I fight for my friends" was always painful for me to hear.

ChronoBound

Smash Hero
Buy Return to Dream Land. Its easily the best Kirby game released since the Super Nintendo days (the only two Kirby games I liked more were Superstar and Dream Land 3). Its a very great co-op game (it does co-op even better than New Super Mario Bros. Wii because the extra players could jump in or leave at any time).

Anyway, I still have some comments to say on the posts that were made on the previous page, but I do not have the time to get around to them.

FlareHabanero

Banned via Warnings
Buy Return to Dream Land. Its easily the best Kirby game released since the Super Nintendo days (the only two Kirby games I liked more were Superstar and Dream Land 3). Its a very great co-op game (it does co-op even better than New Super Mario Bros. Wii because the extra players could jump in or leave at any time).
And that has to do with Manly's distaste of Bandanna Dee because...?

ChronoBound

Smash Hero
And that has to do with Manly's distaste of Bandanna Dee because...?
Usually when people greatly enjoy the source material a character is from, there is the possibility they could change their opinion on the character itself. Bandanna Dee's spear moveset in Return to Dream Land is cute and hilarious (the copter twirl with the spear will easily be his recovery move if he were to get in).

That being said this is not the Bandanna Dee topic, and I think Bandanna Dee most likely not get in Smash 4. However, if there were to be a Kirby newcomer it most definitely would be Bandanna Dee.

FlareHabanero

Banned via Warnings
Still, asking Manly to play a Kirby game is a pointless endeavor. He does not like the series and finds the games boring, so asking him to play the source material is pointless. Even then, playing the game solo won't allow you to play as Bandanna Dee, as along with King Dedede and Meta Knight it's a multiplayer-only element. As for me, even though Spear is my favorite ability, using it on a character like Bandanna Dee is very underwhelming.

Speaking of the source material, have I mentioned that's one of the reasons why I kind of dislike Roy? Ether the random number goddesses were being *****, or Roy really is that ****ty.

ChronoBound

Smash Hero
Still, asking Manly to play a Kirby game is a pointless endeavor. He does not like the series and finds the games boring, so asking him to play the source material is pointless
I don't know every single detail about a person. How am I supposed to know that he does not like the Kirby series?

I would appreciate it if you were less snappy and rude in general. You can perfectly convey what you want to say without an angry tone and attitude, and I don't think what I said warranted it.

FlareHabanero

Banned via Warnings
I would appreciate it if you were less snappy and rude in general. You can perfectly convey what you want to say without an angry tone and attitude, and I don't think what I said warranted it.
So what you're saying is that I should be so sweet to the point of causing diabetes? Well, I will say no to that. Being straight forward is a better proposition then beating around the bush with bias and ignorance, whether you like it or not.

ChronoBound

Smash Hero
So what you're saying is that I should be so sweet to the point of causing diabetes? Well, I will say no to that. Being straight forward is a better proposition then beating around the bush with bias and ignorance, whether you like it or not.
There is a middleground between grumpy jerk and sweet saint.

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
I don't know every single detail about a person. How am I supposed to know that he does not like the Kirby series?

He was actually being nice Chrono.

Now both of you. Don't start this.

Roy-Kun

Smash Ace
3DS FC
2337-4154-9016
For the love of God please no! His voice is absolutely everywhere!
JYB is freaking everywhere. And like it or not, you gotta admit that he'd do nicely.

What's wrong with wanting good voice actors? I mean, do you want to see new VA's but which could fail to give a good impression?

Popsydoodles

Smash Journeyman
JYB is freaking everywhere. And like it or not, you gotta admit that he'd do nicely.

What's wrong with wanting good voice actors? I mean, do you want to see new VA's but which could fail to give a good impression?
I'm not saying he isnt good but his voice is so overused i cant help but think of every other known character hes done without feeling weird about it. I guess in this case it wouldnt be bad since it would mainly be grunts but you gotta at least see where im coming from.

I guess the problem lies with there being a lack of talented VAs

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
'Goku' and 'Vegeta' voiced basically everyone to from what I've heard. Personally, I don't really care about voice actors at all. As long as it fits.

Robert of Normandy

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
NNID
shinpichu
3DS FC
2251-3915-5139
Switch FC
SW-4957-7233-2307
I see people hatin' on my man Bandana Dee. You people got no taste.

Even then, playing the game solo won't allow you to play as Bandanna Dee, as along with King Dedede and Meta Knight it's a multiplayer-only element.
Biggest flaw in Return to Dream Land right here. Though you can solo him in the Arena.

•Col•

Smash Champion
Roy can be made unique and very interesting, as he does have potential. However, considering how diverse the FE roster is, there is no was he can be the MOST unique. Not when you have Robin, RD Ike, Lyn and Ephriam as possible candidates. I don't need to say who my personal vote goes to (and I won't to avoid a ****storm).
When I said most unique FE lord, I meant any FE character that has been in a Smash game(So yeah, out of Marth/Ike/Roy). Although I also think he'd be the most interesting out of any probable Smash 4 character as well barring Robin, and even though he's my most wanted character for a possible FE13 rep, Chrom and even Lucina still seem more likely. :/ To me, at least.

Robert of Normandy

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
NNID
shinpichu
3DS FC
2251-3915-5139
Switch FC
SW-4957-7233-2307
Roy is totally the most unique FE Lord.

How many other FE lords do you know of that maybe could possibly be potentially able to transform into a dragon?

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
He can't do that obviously. Especially if Sophia can't do that. Being half-dragon and all.

Croph

Hold Baroque Inside
NNID
IceCreamStar
3DS FC
3196-4596-5388
Ninian is half-dragon, yet she could still transform into a dragon (though I think there's external factors for that iirc). Nah is also a hybrid, yet she could transform into a dragon as well. I find FE inconsistent in this regard, but whatevs. Like I've said before, Roy just needs to tap into his inner dragon heritage. ;)

D

Deleted member

Don't dragon people require some sort of stone to become dragons?

Robert of Normandy

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
NNID
shinpichu
3DS FC
2251-3915-5139
Switch FC
SW-4957-7233-2307
Theoretically, wouldn't only an Ice Dragonstone work?
I'm honestly not sure. Tiki, Nowi, and Nah can use multiple types of Dragonstones, but I'm not sure if Elibes dragons can do the same,
especially since we never saw Ninian transform of her own will.

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
So much talk of Roy transforming into a dragon... but nobody is thinking how to implement it. Is it being assumed that this will be his Final Smash?

FlareHabanero

Banned via Warnings
Roy's Final Smash should involve lots of fire scorching the battlefield in an inferno of pure unparalleled chaos.

No survivors will live.

Croph

Hold Baroque Inside
NNID
IceCreamStar
3DS FC
3196-4596-5388
I'm not sure about transforming, but I've always had this FS idea where Roy summons dragon-shaped flames that engulf the stage in fire...yes, eradicating all in its way...bwahahaha! Roy + more fire = satisfaction for us pyromaniacs.

But transforming into some sort of dragon is cool too. Would he technically have ice powers? Kinda would be a nice contrast to the fire.

D

Deleted member

Roy's Final Smash should involve lots of fire scorching the battlefield in an inferno of pure unparalleled chaos.

No survivors will live.
~"N" is for no surviiiivors WHEN YOU-
-give Roy his Final Smash? :troll:

D

Deleted member

Though seriously, I do not think Roy should turn into a dragon.
His Final Smash should be a roaring inferno in the shape of a dragon for good measure. :troll:

Croph

Hold Baroque Inside
NNID
IceCreamStar
3DS FC
3196-4596-5388
Now you guys know why I main Roy. Ever since I was a child, I've always set things on fire (leaves, toys, clothes) with my trusty magnifying glass. Even as a teenager, I've set many of my artworks on fire (mostly for aesthetic effects. But watching it burn as well as smelling the toxic fumes burning from the canvas is always satisfying too). So perhaps that's why I'm always intrigued by fire-users in video games. My secret has been revealed. :troll:

Croph

Hold Baroque Inside
NNID
IceCreamStar
3DS FC
3196-4596-5388
So, we should give Roy a flamethrower. :troll:
So Roy dual wielding Sword of Seals and a flamethrower? Or perhaps combining the two weapons...some sort of flamethrower with the sword as a bayonet? Ah...if only. :laugh:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom