• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Lycia Alliance: Roy Legacy Support Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hellrazor

Wants to Watch the World Burn
NNID
jkjk237
3DS FC
4596-9639-1071
So it's confirmed that he is some sort of a Marth clone...
We've seen his up, down and neutral specials, and maybe his fsmash. We're not sure if DED is going to be identical to DB. So far, we're on track for a Falco style semi-clone.

ShionKaito438

Smash Journeyman
Slippi.gg
SK#378
NNID
ShionKaito438
Wonder when the Smashboards Admins are going to replace Roy's PM artwork on the top of the website with his new Sm4sh artwork ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Maxoxpower

Smash Ace
YESSSSSS i don't give a ***** that roy is a clone ( SEMI! ) OF MARTH and lucina.
My friend use ike and i use Martha to duel but now this time is over.

I will use a MAN against him

Hellrazor

NNID
jkjk237
3DS FC
4596-9639-1071
And when I can pick him as my main so I can have a line of Roy heads underneath my Roy avatar, and Roy faded out in the background of all my posts.

Last edited:

cybersai

Smash Ace
Well congrats guys. Roy was the one character I never expected to return, (especially with Lucina being a Marth clone), but you guys won.

PyroBandit

Smash Cadet
I KNEW HE WOULD RETURN!! I KNEW THAT THE KING OF PH1R3 WOULD MAKE HIS GLORIOUS COMEBACK!!

And he doesn't look like that much of a clone! Or at the very least his Flare Blade isn't a poke, which I can appreciate.
Now let's hope that his D-Tilt still gives free combos.

Xeynid

Smash Cadet
Melee came out before Binding Blade, so Roy technically originates from Smash Bros. I believe he's the only playable character in smash bros to have first appeared in a smash bros game.

How can nintendo not let Smash Bros. have its only representative come back?

Erotic&Heretic

Smash Master
We've seen his up, down and neutral specials, and maybe his fsmash. We're not sure if DED is going to be identical to DB. So far, we're on track for a Falco style semi-clone.
We also have his counter and probably double-edge sword. I also guess he will be like Falco. Decloned enough, but same Special archetype.

Hope that DED will have another aesthetic.

Hellrazor

NNID
jkjk237
3DS FC
4596-9639-1071
We also have his counter and probably double-edge sword. I also guess he will be like Falco. Decloned enough, but same Special archetype.

Hope that DED will have another aesthetic.

Counter = down special. Unfortunately DED isn't something you can capture in a single screenshot so it tells us nothing as of right now.

Erotic&Heretic

Smash Master
I wonder why our boy would have a blue sword effect, though :troll:

I agree that we can't say for sure that it's DED. But considering how Sakurai loves to keep movesets...

As long as he get the Falco treatment, it's fine to me.

VioletSmashfan

Smash Ace
NNID
SVPfan89
3DS FC
2964-9317-6440
At long last my list of Smash 4 characters is complete:

Mewtwo/Lucario-mains

Roy/Ryu/Lucina/Dark Pit/Falco/Captain Falcon/Ganondorf-primary secondaires

Last edited:

Mr. Johan

Smash Hero
NNID
Sonicboom93
The Double Edge Dance image there does confirm that his hilt is still the stronger part of the sword, since the sword trail is accentuated there.

Is the hilt spot larger than it was in Melee?

ShionKaito438

Smash Journeyman
Slippi.gg
SK#378
NNID
ShionKaito438
I wonder why our boy would have a blue sword effect, though :troll:

I agree that we can't say for sure that it's DED. But considering how Sakurai loves to keep movesets...

As long as he get the Falco treatment, it's fine to me.
Dancing Blade and Double-Edge Dance change color depending on how you angle it.
Actually, I don't remember if DED has a blue trail in any of it's variations. I better go check.

Last edited:

Croph

Hold Baroque Inside
NNID
IceCreamStar
3DS FC
3196-4596-5388
W E T N O O D L E B O Y S

Also, the pink colour palette looks so pretty, probably one of my fave.

Johnknight1

Upward and Forward, Positive and Persistent
NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
If these leaks are true, I see no reason why they wouldn't be released with the next patch.
We passed "if" back in what? April. It's all real mang.
But unless nintendo WANTED the files to be leaked, then the characters are almost definitely ready for release. And we all know that Sakurai hates the idea of witholding finished content.
If they wanted to be leaked, they're smart.

Now they got people jumping to see a few second clips of these characters that show nothing, bland portraits of special attacks, and nothing else. They got one huge BOOM of free publicity. Tomorrow they get paid publicity where we get to see what the characters can actually do.

So in a sense they're "double dipping." All the people flipping out about this being "ruined" don't realize that they now have more people paying attention than ever, and more people willing to tune into the Nintendo E3 Direct than ever thanks to this. Heck, you could argue they're "triple dipping" thanks to the accidental leaks 2 months ago.

While yes, it does ruin the surprise for when they wanted it to come out, most interested parties still don't know, there's more we haven't seen than have seen of these characters, stages, and so on, and most everyone who wants this Smash stuff is still going to watch the Nintendo Direct (or they're going to now watch because of this).

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
Congrats to all the Roy fans, he looks amazing! Glad they incorporated the Awakening look! ^_^

SethTheMage

Smash Ace
NNID
SethTheMage
T3H PH1R3 returns! He looks to be a bit slow from the video, but I can deal. Instant secondary. Interesting to see him with a new design, though. FE6 remake confirmed?

Kero the Invincible

Smash Apprentice
I just like to imagine it.

All the while, even before the sound leak, people in this very thread were speculating, hoping, and wishing that Roy could make it back in. Some probably offered their support even if they thought it wasn't possible. After all, we already have four Fire Emblem characters......right? Best not to get your hopes too high......

And yet.....

Without them even knowing, the developers had been working for months, building and polishing the character they wanted so badly. The pessimists were actually wrong, and everyone's hope was well-founded after all. Heck, just the knowledge that among all the support for Roy getting back in, they were a part of it. All of a sudden, he's back, and they'll get to play as him very soon.

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
Yep.

Neon, I really now want Isaac to join in after this one.

GBA Stars unite~
Let's hope! He def has a better chance now than he has for the last while.

It's not just the Awakening look, it's BOTH looks. They combined both of his appearances to create the perfect Roy that satisfies everyone.
Yes that's why I said incorporated. :x

Croph

Hold Baroque Inside
NNID
IceCreamStar
3DS FC
3196-4596-5388
So, does this mean we'll get a Roy amiibo (hooray for Roy merchandise!) and he'll appear in FE: if?

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
O. My excitement is making me not think very well. . . XD
Yesh it's something you can see I wanted all the way back to the second post of this thread (which got swallowed up... but you can still see it in the current second post of the thread). :D

GarMac

Smash Rookie
T3H PH1R3 returns! He looks to be a bit slow from the video, but I can deal. Instant secondary. Interesting to see him with a new design, though. FE6 remake confirmed?
How can you tell he's slower? There was little movement in the video. I hope he's not slower I hope he's faster in the air than Marth but a little slower on the ground.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom