• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Lycia Alliance: Roy Legacy Support Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

MM_Row

Smash Rookie
i was on the toilet constipated while my laptop was on my lap and when I saw that leak on youtube? problem solved

TipperTheScales

Smash Apprentice
NNID
31ghtb1ts3rvant
3DS FC
3437-3163-4791
Can anyone confirm or disconfirm if the announcer's Bowser Jr. "ROY" is the same as the actual "ROY" sound when selected at the character screen?
I can confirm they're different but I don't have both sound files on me and easily accessible (iPad problems)
The Roy Koopa character call is deeper while Roy FE's is more excited and somewhat resembles the Melee call in inflection

ShionKaito438

Smash Journeyman
Slippi.gg
SK#378
NNID
ShionKaito438
WHEN WAS THIS FOUND? I FREAKING MISSED THE HYPE TRAIN
IT TOOK OFF WITHOUT ME

MM_Row

Smash Rookie
i was on the toilet constipated while my laptop was on my lap and when I saw that leak on youtube? problem solved

murdokdracul

"What do you mean you support Yoshimitsu?!"
NNID
murdokdracul
3DS FC
2836-0188-2561
Switch FC
SW-5151-9208-7814
Nothing against him returning, but I think it's sad that Nintendo/Sakurai thinks this franchise deserves as many fighters as the Zelda franchise. FE is not bad or anything, but I don't think it's big enough to have 5 fighters yet.

Will he have the same final smash as Marth/Lucina? Or does he have some super cool attack from his own game that could work as a new final smash?
Why should the number of playable characters be proportional to the popularity of the franchise when Fire Emblem simply has more main characters than Zelda? Everyone's always going on about franchise representation, but character selection shouldn't be about franchises; it should be about characters. Even disregarding that, Roy and Lucina are both clones which are quick and easy to make. They don't take development time away from other characters, and they just make too much sense not to include.

That said, I would rather have Skull Kid than Roy.

SmashShadow

Smash Champion
3DS FC
0104-0598-9588
Sweet, he's back! I wish he wasn't still Marth 2.0 cause I don't think I'll ever have a want to use Lucina now (not that there was much want anyways).

YoshiSonic

Smash Ace
Now if only he could replace Lucina...you know someone (a rep) with some uniqueness..

Well one can dream.

Last edited:

Johnknight1

Upward and Forward, Positive and Persistent
NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
Can anyone confirm or disconfirm if the announcer's Bowser Jr. "ROY" is the same as the actual "ROY" sound when selected at the character screen?
Yep. I got the audio file. The Smash 4 announcer says "ROY!" in the same tone and way as the Melee announcer down to a T.

The Smash 4 announcer does the same thing with Ryu, only in comparison to his Street Fighter II name call.

ShionKaito438

Smash Journeyman
Slippi.gg
SK#378
NNID
ShionKaito438
Now, do you guys think he will be available tomorrow in Lucas' patch?

That would be magicial

~ Valkyrie ~

Holy Maiden Warrior
Premium
NNID
IndyGo98
3DS FC
2793-0906-0731
Switch FC
SW-7670-7999-3483
When you realize your little boy Roy is all grown up, and you missed him growing up
Well, what do ya know.

Two very matured boys are coming back to Sm4sh.

(Real talk though, smiling Lucas and matured Roy?

Sakurai and team you da best :cry:)

Last edited:

•Col•

Smash Champion
Now, do you guys think he will be available tomorrow in Lucas' patch?
Based on how many files were included for Roy/Ryu in this patch, it's certainly possible. Definitely wouldn't get my hopes up for it though.

Last edited:

Xeynid

Smash Cadet
If these leaks are true, I see no reason why they wouldn't be released with the next patch.

I don't know why nintendo would put the characters with their special moves and models and victory videos in a patch unless they were finished.

Unless, of course, nintendo expected the leaks to build hype for themselves. But in that case, I feel like announcing Ryu/Roy at E3 would've been a better business move.

But unless nintendo WANTED the files to be leaked, then the characters are almost definitely ready for release. And we all know that Sakurai hates the idea of witholding finished content.

Last edited:

Xeynid

Smash Cadet
"Shh, no tiers; only ph1r3 now."
- Eliwood's ghost, probably.

Last edited:

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
In the words of my girlfriend, "Roy is back in Smash, mother****ers! Get read to have your behinds fried by Teh PH1R3!"

Needless to say, that new Roy has the best of both worlds (Awakening and FE6) and we like it sooooo much. Can't wait to troll the haters online with him and hear their inaudible fanboy screams. Mah boi is back in Smash! :awesome:

Last edited:

Blue_Sword_Edge

Smash Lord
NNID
Blue_Sword_Edge
3DS FC
1633-5415-5386
Roy supporters and fans, you have got your boy. Congrats to you all. Roy has returned to Smash indeed.

Croph

Hold Baroque Inside
NNID
IceCreamStar
3DS FC
3196-4596-5388
Holy **** it's 12: AM here and I just woke up to this... God must be real...

My reaction to Roy's design

No seriously HOOOOOOLY CRAP WHAT AN AWESOME DESIGN (funny how we were all talking about if Roy were to have his Awakening or Melee/FE6 design... best of both worlds).

Roy bois, we did it. We got our boy back! Celebrate to your hearts content!! It's been a blast these past years honestly. Also, thanks to the mod who editied the title, I'm usually busy on weekends so I'll be on and off.

Seriously can't stop squealing lmao.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom