• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Lycia Alliance: Roy Legacy Support Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

Enough of the anti-Sheik pro-Derpa propoganda here. It is irrelevant to the topic at hand.
The only reason Sheik was brought up was used as a counterpoint against using Roy's Awakening appearance.

xXIke-SamaXx

Smash Lord
NNID
Azureflame92

Sheik didn't even exist in Twilight princess, she is is just a more realistic version of Sheik nothing more.....I'm pretty sure if Intelligent System weren't lazy about the Models and the making of DLCs, they wouldn't have made Roy look like that, I'm pretty sure they made the new artworks just for the fact that they had existing models and classes ingame and they didn't want to go the extra mile and make special Classes for each DLC.

So in a nutshell, they just made the Artwork for the sake of Awakening not for the sake of the character.

D

Deleted member

Problem is, your logic is flawed.
As you said yourself, Sheik did not exist in Twilight Princess (though had concept art), yet Sheik was given a TP inspired appearance.
Despite Roy being non-canon to Awakening, he does exist within the game. Meaning him using his Awakening artwork for his appearance is not a ****ing issue.

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
Sheik didn't even exist in Twilight princess, she is is just a more realistic version of Sheik nothing more.....
No... she is a version of Sheik specifically designed for TP (not Smash) that wasn't used in the final game. And if Sakurai would use the appearance of a character that didn't even make the final version of the game, he could definitely use a popular recent redesign of a character, even if the character doesn't effect the main storyline.

I'm pretty sure if Intelligent System weren't lazy about the Models and the making of DLCs, they wouldn't have made Roy look like that, I'm pretty sure they made the new artworks just for the fact that they had existing models and classes ingame and they didn't want to go the extra mile and make special Classes for each DLC.

So in a nutshell, they just made the Artwork for the sake of Awakening not for the sake of the character.
IS's reasoning for the redesigns, whatever it may be, won't effect whether they are implemented or not in Smash. That's up to Sakurai.

D

Deleted member

Here, Roy fans.
This should be delighting for you:

It features two fights, one against Mewtwo using the recent PSA and model, and one against Meta Ridley using the recent Ridley PSA.

xXIke-SamaXx

Smash Lord
NNID
Azureflame92
Problem is, your logic is flawed.
As you said yourself, Sheik did not exist in Twilight Princess (though had concept art), yet Sheik was given a TP inspired appearance.
Despite Roy being non-canon to Awakening, he does exist within the game. Meaning him using his Awakening artwork for his appearance is not a ****ing issue.

Ok let's suppose Elincia was choosen for SSB4, (just imagine)....

This is Elincia newest art, and as I suppose if they would have Roy on his new art than there's no harm in putting Elincia in with her new art, but Wait last time I checked Elincia is a Sword user not a lance user, but as you can see that the only resemblance that the artist just implemented the physichal appearance of the character over an existing class in the game.

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
Well, if they made her a lance user it would be better. We need more lance users. lol

But Roy is still depicted as a sword user so it isn't a problem.

D

Deleted member

Ok let's suppose Elincia was choosen for SSB4, (just imagine)....

This is Elincia newest art, and as I suppose if they would have Roy on his new art than there's no harm in putting Elincia in with her new art, but Wait last time I checked Elincia is a Sword user not a lance user, but as you can see that the only resemblance that the artist just implemented the physichal appearance of the character over an existing class in the game.
The solution is simple; give her a ****ing sword.
Does simple logic REALLY not come to you?

Aside from that, we're talking about Roy, not Elincia. Roy still has a sword. Argument invalid.

xXIke-SamaXx

Smash Lord
NNID
Azureflame92
The solution is simple; give her a ****ing sword.
Does simple logic REALLY not come to you?

Aside from that, we're talking about Roy, not Elincia. Roy still has a sword. Argument invalid.
No, actually you refuse other people Logic....I should've not wasted my time making you see how flawed the DLCs are, they are not a reference of any sort. You're quite hardheaded, and BTW you are contradicting yourself for the fact that you brought up Sheik in the discussion and you are criticizing me for bringing Elincia? I just brought Elincia for the sake of the argument.

Note: My Logic is not flawed nor it's complicated, it's just that you are stubborn.

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
Golden!

Get him. :troll:

EDIT: Ike-Sama, so you are saying that Roy should not be based on his DLC appearance because it is based on the mercenary and is not canon?

ToiseOfChoice

Smash Ace
Wouldn't they just use whatever he'll have in SMTxFE? And isn't that probably his regular outfit? I prefer that one, even if the Mercenary outfit is great too. Gregor for Smash 4, folks.

Also Extreme Ike Dude is pretty ****ing dumb.

xXIke-SamaXx

Smash Lord
NNID
Azureflame92
Wouldn't they just use whatever he'll have in SMTxFE? And isn't that probably his regular outfit? I prefer that one, even if the Mercenary outfit is great too. Gregor for Smash 4, folks.

Also Extreme Ike Dude is pretty ****ing dumb.
I'm not dumb it's just you are not smart enough to understand my logic...

Golden!

Get him. :troll:

EDIT: Ike-Sama, so you are saying that Roy should not be based on his DLC appearance because it is based on the mercenary and is not canon?
There are 2 ways to implement Roy or any other Lord to Fire Emblem awakening, it's either make a whole new model which time and space consuming or make an art based on an existing model in-game which is less time consuming. The art wasn't make for the sake the Roy will always be like that, the art was made so they can implement Roy in-game with the least amount of controversy, because if they updated Roy original artwork with that in-game model, people will begin to ask for their money back.

To summarize, Roy design remain originally intact, this is the design of Roy's Einjerhar not the real Roy.

D

Deleted member

No, actually you refuse other people Logic....I should've not wasted my time making you see how flawed the DLCs are, they are not a reference of any sort. You're quite hardheaded, and BTW you are contradicting yourself for the fact that you brought up Sheik in the discussion and you are criticizing me for bringing Elincia? I just brought Elincia for the sake of the argument.

Note: My Logic is not flawed nor it's complicated, it's just that you are stubborn.
You are a complete dumbass, you know that?
Sakurai has shown time and time again that canon is not the defining factor.
Why does Ike wield Ragnell while he's a Ranger instead of a Lord?
Why can TP Zelda transform into Sheik?
In what game can Captain Falcon perform fiery bird punches? Furthermore, in what game is his Brawl design from? And why does he have the Falcon Flyer from a non-canon comic book?
Why does Solid Snake have a full beard, a trait of NAKED Snake/Big Boss?
How can Ness and Lucas use ANY of the PSI techniques they use in Smash other than PK Flash?

Simply put, Sakurai DOESN'T GIVE A FLYING **** ABOUT HOW CANON SOMETHING IS. The fact that unlike these previous examples, Roy actually appears in Awakening with an updated design. That means that REGARDLESS of how "canon" it is, it makes as much sense as the examples (if not MORE) to have Roy with the redesign in Smash.

And no, I'm not being contradictory when I bring up Sheik.
Sheik uses a non-canon design in Brawl that is not even used in another game. Roy's non-canon design from Awakening is at least in a bloody game. To say it can't be used for "canon's sake" is downright ********.
You bringing up Elincia, however, is irrelevant. You bring up the fact she uses a lance in her redesign instead of a sword. Ok cool, that's pointless trivia. We take a look at Roy's redesign, and we see him using a sword, which he's done before. Any SHRED of argumention you had when bringing up Elincia's change in weapon is thrown out the window along with any shred of intelligence you may have had and any shred of my sanity.

So go ahead, call me heardheaded if you wish, that much I will not deny and neither will others. However, know that everyone views you as a tool who has no damn clue what he's talking about.

EDIT: Oh, man. Now you're saying Toise of all people is not smart?
Buddy, any last hope you had to redeem yourself just died.

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
The art wasn't make for the sake the Roy will always be like that, the art was made so they can implement Roy in-game with the least amount of controversy, because if they updated Roy original artwork with that in-game model, people will begin to ask for their money back.
Okay, I get your argument. But to be honest, I think people are just happy to see Roy back. I don't think people would have disliked it if Roy looked just like the original.

Going by your argument, Lyn was changed very less in her redesign. Were people unhappy with that?

xXIke-SamaXx

Smash Lord
NNID
Azureflame92
Okay, I get your argument. But to be honest, I think people are just happy to see Roy back. I don't think people would have disliked it if Roy looked just like the original.

Going by your argument, Lyn was changed very less in her redesign. Were people unhappy with that?
I'm sorry FalKoopa, but that damn Golden is just pissing me off....he think himself so high and above he is a hardheaded idiot, I really don't give a flying **** about his opinion anymore.

And BTW, True Roy fans will always prefer the original....

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
I'm sorry FalKoopa, but that damn Golden is just pissing me off....he think himself so high and above he is a hardheaded idiot, I really don't give a flying **** about his opinion anymore.
Ah, but he IS correct, like it or not. Seriously, canon doesn't matter in Smash.

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
The Toisedumb thing is pretty funny, BUT I'M ACTUALLY GLAD I STOPPED BY HERE to see the Roy hack thing. I really like it. I don't usually like those things since I guess I have some high standards (and they always make Ridley really weird), but because Roy is meant to be based on another character it really works. The firey twirly uppy thing, the downy thing, it's really flashy. So cool. Would not mind at all if Sakurai went that route.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
I don't see much harm in using the DLC Roy a bit for inspiration for Roy's new model, but tbh, FE6 should take priority. As that's his real game. And he should fight like in FE6 cause I don't want Roy NOWHERE on the roster if it isn't for the Sword of Seals.

Agree about GoldenY's stubbornness Ike-Sama. He's our angry little redhead of the forums though, don't always take him too serious please. :rolleyes:

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
Should SWF ever be Seized by Super Sized Slugs, I wouldn't be Scared in the Slightest because Diddy would be our Savior Since he is So Salty.

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
What happened here?! O_O

Ah well, Golden's right. Sakurai doesn't care much about canon. He has a strong argument backed by irrefutable evidence.

Guess what too? Smash Bros. isn't canon to begin with, so why should the original canon matter?

The ideal choice would be to have Roy in both Sword of Seals and Awakening costumes, but if he only appears in only one of them, I'll be happy enough to have Roy back as a playable character.

No true scotsman?! :smirk:
Five points for FalKoopa! :troll:

That fallacy is just ridiculous when arguing. It's funny to see people use those claims of "true fans" and "true players" to back their arguments, especially when it only sends their arguments even deeper into the well.

Croph

Hold Baroque Inside
NNID
IceCreamStar
3DS FC
3196-4596-5388
Yeah, seriously, what happened here? All these heated arguments always happen when I'm snoozin'.

But, guys, sorry to break it to ya but...I...I'm not a true Roy fan...I prefer his Awakening appearance over his original. I-I...thought I am...But I guess not. I...I...Waaaaah! *Sobs* :cry:

K, but seriously, whether Roy has his original or Awakening appearance, I doesn't really matter that much to me. They could even give him a new look that draws inspiration from both outfits or have his Awakening one as a alt costume. In the end, I'm not fussy, as long as our boy looks nice. And I'm sure he will. ;)

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
He can look as fabulous as a peacock in a weddingdress, but if he doesn't has the Sword of Seals, I see no point in having Roy.

D

Deleted member

Agree about GoldenY's stubbornness Ike-Sama. He's our angry little redhead of the forums though, don't always take him too serious please. :rolleyes:
I'd rather be stubborn and right than be an idiot.

And I'm blonde, genius.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Hmmm dye your hair red then, it suits you better. :awesome:

I'm also quite stubborn, but unlike you I won't be saying that I'm right. I just hold strong to my own personal opinion, that's all. :rolleyes:

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
Golden can be stubborn, but he was totally right, at least up there^^. Ike-Sama was just being dumb as usual. Speaking of which...
I'm not dumb it's just you are not smart enough to understand my logic...
This is the funniest thing I've seen on here in a while.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
I don't think Ike-Sama is dumb actually. Why is everyone thinking so black-white? Am not getting the hostile, almost carnal attitude when it comes to dealing with people with different opinions. Ike-Sama was right in a way that he wasn't exactly respected for his opinion. Shame he had to deal with Toise Almighty yeah, but I can see why he think the FE6 'canon' version of Roy is more likely.

Especially since we all want that exact fighting style for Roy right? Cause as said before, I really, really, REALLY don't want a Sword of Seals-less Roy.

D

Deleted member

>Implying Awakening Roy can't just simply use the Sword of Seals.
>Sakurai throws canon out the window. Perfect example: Ike the Ranger using Ragnell instead of Ike the Lord.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
When you defeat Ashnard in Path of Radiance, Ike strips himself of the Lord title quite literally. And seeing as his Hero-self in Radiant Dawn is quite similar to his Ranger self in terms of outfit, who's to say Brawl's Ike is not simply PoR Hero Ike?

There's never been said Ike = Ranger class in Brawl, so you severely lack proof.

Yes, FE13 redesigned Roy could use the Sword of Seals, but I don't think they'll fully use that model, but just draw inspiration from it for armor details.

D

Deleted member

To each his own. I personally don't think they're going to directly take the appearance either.
I mean, Smash has made original appearances for nearly every character, be it a graphical update like Mario or specific design changes like Dedede and the Star Fox trio.

The only point I've been trying to make is that it doesn't matter if the outfit is "canon" or not, it still can be used.

As for Ike being a Hero, I just watched the epilogue of PoR on Youtube, so I can confirm you are indeed correct that he reverts to his old clothes.
I was wrong on that particular point.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Well, no problem. It's the most iconic look however for Ike. Mainly cause his first class is always in blue and red. And I think they're going to try for the most iconic look for Roy to. So I guess we'll have to wait till more information of FExSmT comes around to make conclusions about Roy and Ike's looks.

D

Deleted member

I agree.
Though from what we see in the trailer, they use their arts from previous games. Given that they are literally being taken from their timelines in this case, they may just be as they were initially.
Although, time will tell.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom