• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Lycia Alliance: Roy Legacy Support Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Autumn ♫

I'm terrible with these Custom Titles.
I honestly never thought Ike would be cut, partially because of his uniqueness, partially due to being the second most reoccuring and important lord, and partially because I never saw Chrom as likely.

Troykv

Smash Master
Initially I was not sure if they would remove "Ike", however I seem to do rather silly idea since they decided to give him a unique moveset.

Rugal Cuttah

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
2079-8390-5278
Nah Roy isn't coming back, there's nothing supporting Roy in fact his game is old and he was already removed one...and if the redesign was your redeeming point, remember that "he isn't the only character with a redesign" and if you saw his game model you will know they barely worked in him....
As long as they give him his own moves, I d glady like to see roy s return. Declone him nintendo or it will be a major stain on your reputation. Lucina is already crying and gannon has night terrors, are you happy now nintendo?All gannon wanted to at least have all normals to be his own. Roy must be decloned if hes in smash 4.

Croph

Hold Baroque Inside
NNID
IceCreamStar
3DS FC
3196-4596-5388
Uniqueness would be nice, of course, but I don't mind him being cloney.

Can we do something on the scale of the Kremling Kampaign though, I wonder? Roy's popularity in Japan does give us a head start.

:231:
Speaking of Japan, I think we should focus on reaching out there as well. I've already said posting on Japanese image/text boards is difficult to do if you're outside of Japan. Our best bet is to make a Roy for DLC PSA video to be put on Nic Nico (highly visited website in Japan). I would like to get the ball rolling for that soon, although I'm still thinking of what content we should talk about in the video. So if anyone has any ideas, feel free to share them. @ dy831532sssfjhhggb2224523 dy831532sssfjhhggb2224523 I think I told you about this idea before. I was wondering if we could perhaps work together to finalize the video soon (anyone else, don't hesitate to tell me). Doesn't have to be now, whenever you have free time.

Last edited:
>rewatching Pokemon: The First Movie
>finally watching Mewtwo Returns
>Mewtwo's clone army returns when he returns

Roy confirmed.

Last edited:

Strider_Bond00J

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-2525-8699-9095
Bumping the thread with a question and something I found from TV Tropes. What would happen to this speculation thread if we get Roy back as DLC? Would it become the Social thread for Roy or just get locked?

Recently, I've been working on an alternative/new moveset for Roy based on what @Swampasaur remarked earlier on about a new move that coats Roy's sword in fire. My moveset sees Roy using the 'Roy's Blade' from Awakening in conjunction with the Sword of Seals. I'll upload it later, so we can break it down and point out flaws and tidy it up. I'm going to bed, and here's that thing from TV Tropes when I was looking it up for fun, under the "Rescued from the Scrappy Heap", and it acknowledges our presence!
Roy's Our Boy!!.png

Now, to bed, Strider.

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
Bumping the thread with a question and something I found from TV Tropes. What would happen to this speculation thread if we get Roy back as DLC? Would it become the Social thread for Roy or just get locked?
Depends on the mod. In some cases, they've continued as Socials. Others got locked.

:231:

Last edited:

Strider_Bond00J

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-2525-8699-9095
Why do we keep letting this thread into second page obscurity? Keep the hype up!
We're gonna need to start some conversations.

Here's a draft of that moveset to start a conversation:

Alternative Roy Moveset Inspired by Swampasaur

This is an alternative moveset for Roy that was inspired by @Swampasaur’s thoughts on Roy. This incarnation is a blending of Roy’s techniques as a Mercenary in Fire Emblem Awakening and his abilities from Super Smash Bros Melee and Fire Emblem: Binding Blade.

Appearance: Roy’s default costume is his DLC costume from Fire Emblem Awakening, based on the Mercenary class, which will have four colours. Likewise, his traditional armour from Melee and FE6 is an alternate costume much like Wario with his Warioware costume and his traditional purple and yellow overalls costume.

Gimmicks/Defining Feature: Much like in Melee, Roy’s defining gameplay feature is the positioning of his sword’s hitbox, being stronger at the base of the blade. This is intended to make him part of a ‘trio,’ where Marth focus on spacing with the tip of his sword, Lucina able to swap from between close range and spacing without power variation while Roy’s playstyle revolves around getting up close to the opponent to deal more damage. However, his new appearance sees him wielding his blade from Fire Emblem Awakening and his trademark weapon from Melee and FE6, the Sword of Seals, thus making him comparable to a stance-based character like Gen from Street Fighter.

To compare the two swords, Roy’s Blade plays similarly to Melee, with many attacks outside of Specials lacking a fire effect, and is slightly weaker in power, but allows Roy greater mobility. With the use of a revamped Down Special, Roy is able to swap out the Blade for his iconic Sword of Seals, which allows Roy to use fire outside of his Specials, allowing for greater range, damage and launching power. (Explained in attacks) The Sword of Seals is however limited by a small gauge represented by a flaming sword, similar to how Scorpion plays in Injustice. When the gauge runs out (represented by the sword flames dying out), Roy goes into overheat, where he begins to take gradual damage to himself and is launched even further by oncoming attacks.

Attacks

Idle Animation: Based on the Merc idle animation from Awakening when using the Blade; When holding the Sword of Seals, he adopts his idle animation from Melee.

Jab A: Roy swings the sword once horizontally. Follows into a second swing in Blade form. A follow-on with the SoS creates a small explosion in front of Roy, much like Robin’s Elfire jab finish.

Forward Tilt: Roy lunges forward with the tip forward in style of his attack animation from FE6 and Project M. The SoS creates a small explosion in front of Roy, adding a spacing option.

Up Tilt: Roy swipes his sword in an overhead arc, much like his up-tilt in Melee. Equipping the SoS adds a fire effect and boost in power.

Down Tilt: Roy quickly jabs the sword out while in a crouching position, launching the opponent into the air, setting up for Roy’s combos in the air. Much like the U-Tilt, the SoS adds a fire and extra power boost to the attack.

Neutral Aerial: Roy swings his sword in a vertical spin, similar to the Critical Hit animation of the Mercenary class in Awakening.

Forward Aerial: A quick swipe of the sword, near identical to its Melee incarnation.

Back Aerial: A backwards swipe, very fast. Similar to Melee incarnation.

Up Aerial: Roy elegantly swings his sword in an arc. Knocks the opponent further into the air to set up further combos.

Down Aerial: A fast and powerful swipe from above, serving as Meteor Smash should the opponent touch the base hitbox. Has greatly reduced lag from Melee.

Smash Attacks

Side Smash: Roy readies his sword for a powerful spin attack, based on a Merc’s finisher animation from Awakening. Sword of Seals adds a greater fire effect to the attack, with a slight power boost.

Up Smash: Roy jabs his sword into the air and it catches alight to deal fire damage. The Sword of Seals version sees a small explosion above the tip, dealing extra damage to an opponent caught in the initial hit.

Down Smash: Roy swings his sword in a crouching spin, any opponent caught in the first hit will fall into the second hit from behind, much like Captain Falcon’s Down Smash. The Sword of Seals version sees Roy create an explosion in front and behind him, much like the Mii Gunners’ Down Smash.

Specials:

Neutral Special (Blade): Flare Blade: Roy charges up his sword as it cloaks itself in fire. Eventually, he will start to glow white and eventually bring down his sword in a powerful explosion, dealing massive amounts of damage and knockback, but damaging Roy by around 15%. Faster than Ike’s Eruption, but not as powerful.

Neutral Special (Sword of Seals) Flare Burst: Roy charges up the Sword of Seals like normal, but when the Roy reaches full power, he unleashes a directed pillar of fire that deals strong fire damage upon contact. This doesn’t have the same recoil that Flare Blade has, so Roy escapes unscathed. It drains the meter very quickly, so it should be used with caution.

Side Special (Blade): Sol Rush: Roy quickly rushes forward, and should he hit the opponent, he will deal minor fire damage around 15% damage, but low knockback. Not ideal for a K.O move, but it’s main use is to restore Roy’s health by 7% on a successful hit.

Side Special (Sword of Seals): Double-Edge Dance: Roy’s Side Special from Melee, and remains functionally the same as the Dancing Blade Special - The attack changes based on the control and button input. It is reversible mid-combo like it is in Project M, allowing for feints, and the down-directional inputs will now send a small wave of fire forwards along the ground.

Up Special (Blade): Blazer: Roy quickly rises upwards while the Blade is coated in flames, similar to its incarnation in Melee. The arc that Roy rises upwards can be angled, tilting the Control Stick to the direction Roy is facing will see him gain more horizontal range at the cost of vertical recovery.

Down Special: Class Change: Roy sheaths his Blade and draws the Sword of Seals, changing the properties of his attacks.

Final Smash: Critical Flare: Inspired by Roy’s Project M Final Smash, initiated as he rushes towards the opponent at blinding speed like Marth and Lucina. Should he collide with a character, Roy will attack with a flurry of fiery strikes with the Sword of Seals, finishing with a powerful explosion. Should he miss, he will most likely self-destruct when he goes offscreen.

Any thoughts and ideas to re-balance it, go ahead, or @ Croph Croph , feel free to add this to the OP, when you feel like it or if it seems like a good moveset to you.

Now we need a topic of conversation... Insert which FE6 characters you'd like to see in Shin Megami Tensei X Fire Emblem outside of Roy & Lilina.

Last edited:

Troykv

Smash Master
^ I like that idea with the swords, a curious gimmick that will somewhat special in combat with him

And about your question, I'd love to see Sophia (Maybe you know her, is a Shaman/Dark Magician from Arcardia, and a half-blooded dragon girl).

Last edited:
Now we need a topic of conversation... Insert which FE6 characters you'd like to see in Shin Megami Tensei X Fire Emblem outside of Roy & Lilina.
Lugh, because **** Lilina.

Eliwood is in FE6 so he counts ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Marcus >>>>>>>>>>> everyone, but Rutger, Percival, Cecilia, Oujay, Karel, Guinevere, Idoun, Zephiel, Narshen, and Thany because the first really good Roy for Brawl was made by a girl on deviantart who went by Thany. Without her passion, Roy might not have made it to Brawl Minus or even Project M.

Marthmario

Smash Lord
I feel like FE x SMT will try and stick to lords, because (I would assume) they are the most popular FE characters.

I was simply happy to see Eliwood and Roy in the trailer.

Maybe enemies or NPCs will include FE characters who aren't main protags. SMT has a **** ton of demon variety, so it wouldn't be out of place.

It's really nice to see a crossover game for Fire Emblem other than Super Smash Bros. because relying on a series where only a select few characters can stay is lame. Not having something as powerful as Dissidia or Theathrythm leaves out fans of so many FE games and characters that aren't featured in Smash. Pre-orders for SMT x FE are up at Wal-Mart's site, so I have more hope, even if it's not much.

I really hope the Jugdral characters make it... why they didn't make the trailer is beyond me >__>

Croph

Hold Baroque Inside
NNID
IceCreamStar
3DS FC
3196-4596-5388
We're gonna need to start some conversations.

Here's a draft of that moveset to start a conversation:

Alternative Roy Moveset Inspired by Swampasaur

This is an alternative moveset for Roy that was inspired by @Swampasaur’s thoughts on Roy. This incarnation is a blending of Roy’s techniques as a Mercenary in Fire Emblem Awakening and his abilities from Super Smash Bros Melee and Fire Emblem: Binding Blade.

Appearance: Roy’s default costume is his DLC costume from Fire Emblem Awakening, based on the Mercenary class, which will have four colours. Likewise, his traditional armour from Melee and FE6 is an alternate costume much like Wario with his Warioware costume and his traditional purple and yellow overalls costume.

Gimmicks/Defining Feature: Much like in Melee, Roy’s defining gameplay feature is the positioning of his sword’s hitbox, being stronger at the base of the blade. This is intended to make him part of a ‘trio,’ where Marth focus on spacing with the tip of his sword, Lucina able to swap from between close range and spacing without power variation while Roy’s playstyle revolves around getting up close to the opponent to deal more damage. However, his new appearance sees him wielding his blade from Fire Emblem Awakening and his trademark weapon from Melee and FE6, the Sword of Seals, thus making him comparable to a stance-based character like Gen from Street Fighter.

To compare the two swords, Roy’s Blade plays similarly to Melee, with many attacks outside of Specials lacking a fire effect, and is slightly weaker in power, but allows Roy greater mobility. With the use of a revamped Down Special, Roy is able to swap out the Blade for his iconic Sword of Seals, which allows Roy to use fire outside of his Specials, allowing for greater range, damage and launching power. (Explained in attacks) The Sword of Seals is however limited by a small gauge represented by a flaming sword, similar to how Scorpion plays in Injustice. When the gauge runs out (represented by the sword flames dying out), Roy goes into overheat, where he begins to take gradual damage to himself and is launched even further by oncoming attacks.

Attacks

Idle Animation: Based on the Merc idle animation from Awakening when using the Blade; When holding the Sword of Seals, he adopts his idle animation from Melee.

Jab A: Roy swings the sword once horizontally. Follows into a second swing in Blade form. A follow-on with the SoS creates a small explosion in front of Roy, much like Robin’s Elfire jab finish.

Forward Tilt: Roy lunges forward with the tip forward in style of his attack animation from FE6 and Project M. The SoS creates a small explosion in front of Roy, adding a spacing option.

Up Tilt: Roy swipes his sword in an overhead arc, much like his up-tilt in Melee. Equipping the SoS adds a fire effect and boost in power.

Down Tilt: Roy quickly jabs the sword out while in a crouching position, launching the opponent into the air, setting up for Roy’s combos in the air. Much like the U-Tilt, the SoS adds a fire and extra power boost to the attack.

Neutral Aerial: Roy swings his sword in a vertical spin, similar to the Critical Hit animation of the Mercenary class in Awakening.

Forward Aerial: A quick swipe of the sword, near identical to its Melee incarnation.

Back Aerial: A backwards swipe, very fast. Similar to Melee incarnation.

Up Aerial: Roy elegantly swings his sword in an arc. Knocks the opponent further into the air to set up further combos.

Down Aerial: A fast and powerful swipe from above, serving as Meteor Smash should the opponent touch the base hitbox. Has greatly reduced lag from Melee.

Smash Attacks

Side Smash: Roy readies his sword for a powerful spin attack, based on a Merc’s finisher animation from Awakening. Sword of Seals adds a greater fire effect to the attack, with a slight power boost.

Up Smash: Roy jabs his sword into the air and it catches alight to deal fire damage. The Sword of Seals version sees a small explosion above the tip, dealing extra damage to an opponent caught in the initial hit.

Down Smash: Roy swings his sword in a crouching spin, any opponent caught in the first hit will fall into the second hit from behind, much like Captain Falcon’s Down Smash. The Sword of Seals version sees Roy create an explosion in front and behind him, much like the Mii Gunners’ Down Smash.

Specials:

Neutral Special (Blade): Flare Blade: Roy charges up his sword as it cloaks itself in fire. Eventually, he will start to glow white and eventually bring down his sword in a powerful explosion, dealing massive amounts of damage and knockback, but damaging Roy by around 15%. Faster than Ike’s Eruption, but not as powerful.

Neutral Special (Sword of Seals) Flare Burst: Roy charges up the Sword of Seals like normal, but when the Roy reaches full power, he unleashes a directed pillar of fire that deals strong fire damage upon contact. This doesn’t have the same recoil that Flare Blade has, so Roy escapes unscathed. It drains the meter very quickly, so it should be used with caution.

Side Special (Blade): Sol Rush: Roy quickly rushes forward, and should he hit the opponent, he will deal minor fire damage around 15% damage, but low knockback. Not ideal for a K.O move, but it’s main use is to restore Roy’s health by 7% on a successful hit.

Side Special (Sword of Seals): Double-Edge Dance: Roy’s Side Special from Melee, and remains functionally the same as the Dancing Blade Special - The attack changes based on the control and button input. It is reversible mid-combo like it is in Project M, allowing for feints, and the down-directional inputs will now send a small wave of fire forwards along the ground.

Up Special (Blade): Blazer: Roy quickly rises upwards while the Blade is coated in flames, similar to its incarnation in Melee. The arc that Roy rises upwards can be angled, tilting the Control Stick to the direction Roy is facing will see him gain more horizontal range at the cost of vertical recovery.

Down Special: Class Change: Roy sheaths his Blade and draws the Sword of Seals, changing the properties of his attacks.

Final Smash: Critical Flare: Inspired by Roy’s Project M Final Smash, initiated as he rushes towards the opponent at blinding speed like Marth and Lucina. Should he collide with a character, Roy will attack with a flurry of fiery strikes with the Sword of Seals, finishing with a powerful explosion. Should he miss, he will most likely self-destruct when he goes offscreen.

Any thoughts and ideas to re-balance it, go ahead, or @ Croph Croph , feel free to add this to the OP, when you feel like it or if it seems like a good moveset to you.

Nice moveset, I'll add it to the OP soon. I think it's safe to say that Roy isn't lacking in the uniqueness department if they want to go the extra mile.

As for SMT x FE, there's so many characters from FE6 that I'd love to see... I don't think I could list them all. :laugh: Well, I will say that since there's Roy and Lilina, I would love to see Wolt. <3

tfw you realise roy is quarter-dragon and nergal's grandson

Cool stuff, yo~ :3
This is one of the reasons why I love Eliwood x Ninian because it makes some awkward family connections about fathers killing mothers (though revived) and grandfathers, as well as grandfathers killing other grandfathers.

Crazy. No wonder why Roy has problems.

I'm going to a smash tourney this weekend. I decided to just buckle down on Melee for now since my placings have gone down ever since I started entering 3-4 games an event and I've been fatigued and playing dumb by the time Melee rolls around every. single. time. Wish me luck!

I'm hoping to get some sets recorded. Going by @Lord Eliwood this time, need them to know that I'm repping my boy for my main man.

Strider_Bond00J

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-2525-8699-9095
I'm going to a smash tourney this weekend. I decided to just buckle down on Melee for now since my placings have gone down ever since I started entering 3-4 games an event and I've been fatigued and playing dumb by the time Melee rolls around every. single. time. Wish me luck!

I'm hoping to get some sets recorded. Going by @Lord Eliwood this time, need them to know that I'm repping my boy for my main man.
Good luck! Make our boy proud!

Topic of conversation - Roy for Codename S.T.E.A.M: How would you imagine him?

Croph

Hold Baroque Inside
NNID
IceCreamStar
3DS FC
3196-4596-5388

Good luck! I'm sure you'll make us proud! ^_^

Also, today I got a response letter from Nintendo (mailed them about Roy for DLC and whatnot some time ago). The letter itself seems like a generic response, saying that they appreciate me writing to them but they can't address the specific problems. And some other stuff about troubleshooting and visiting the Nintendo website.

But I did get a free Star Fox bookmark and a Base Set E3 Pikachu (was distributed from the Sept. 1999 issue of Nintendo Power). These cards are probably worth 5-10 dollars. As a Pokemon card collector (yeah I still collect the cards lol), I was really happy when I saw this since I only have the normal version of the Base Set Pikachu. Pretty hilarious yet nice of them to get a promo card.

letternintendofinal.png

Last edited:
Good luck! I'm sure you'll make us proud! ^_^

Also, today I got a response letter from Nintendo (mailed them about Roy for DLC and whatnot some time ago). The letter itself seems like a generic response, saying that they appreciate me writing to them but they can't address the specific problems. And some other stuff about troubleshooting and visiting the Nintendo website.

But I did get a free Star Fox bookmark and a Base Set E3 Pikachu (was distributed from the Sept. 1999 issue of Nintendo Power). These cards are probably worth 5-10 dollars. As a Pokemon card collector (yeah I still collect the cards lol), I was really happy when I saw this since I only have the normal version of the Base Set Pikachu. Pretty hilarious yet nice of them to get a promo card.

View attachment 43621
bruh

Play my psychic deck based on Golurk.

Croph

Hold Baroque Inside
NNID
IceCreamStar
3DS FC
3196-4596-5388
MAIL NINTENDO THEY MIGHT GIVE YOU A POKEMON CARD THAT YOU COULD SELL FOR LIKE $10

That is all.

bruh

Play my psychic deck based on Golurk.
I never was big on the competitive aspect of the TCG. Maybe I should try building a deck one day...

Croph

Hold Baroque Inside
NNID
IceCreamStar
3DS FC
3196-4596-5388
The Mewtwo hype is real!! Here's hoping we'll see our boy as well.

Also, I forgot about FE's 25th anniversary concert, and there's some updates on that. You could check them on serenes forest's homepage here. They're doing so much... Like, there's also going to be a talk show where devs are going to talk about past and new FE games. That's really cool. If I had the money, I'd fly to Japan to see this concert. :laugh: I'll have to settle for recordings.

Nice to see Nintendo push the FE franchise even more, especially since a FE booth is going to be set up at Comiket Special 6 (big doujin convention in Japan) selling merchandise. Awesome stuff.

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
The Mewtwo hype is real!! Here's hoping we'll see our boy as well.
With that said, I would like to say something I said on two other topics. I hope you all don't mind me saying this again.

So, with the Mewtwo DLC being released soon, I'd like to say this: those who are reading this; make sure to get as many people as you can that you know to download the Mewtwo DLC. That may convince Sakurai to make more DLC. If that convinces him, maybe he'll make Roy DLC.

Last edited:

Strider_Bond00J

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-2525-8699-9095
You know, regarding the hate that Roy got and the stigma that's been attached to him for so long, would him having better stats in the original game have avoided that all that hatred?

Croph

Hold Baroque Inside
NNID
IceCreamStar
3DS FC
3196-4596-5388
You know, regarding the hate that Roy got and the stigma that's been attached to him for so long, would him having better stats in the original game have avoided that all that hatred?
From my understanding, Japan is fine with Roy, but here in the West he's kinda a mixed bag in regards to the hate from his stats (though I think sometimes people just bandwagon hating him). But like, we know stuff like that shouldn't matter for a character getting into Smash. Anyway, things will probably be a little better for Roy if he had amazing stats since people won't use that argument against him (and those who love OP lords will like him even more). However, for those who really dislike a character, they'll find other ways to bash the character. Mewtwo isn't weak in the Pokemon games, but he still has some detractors for him being in Smash.

I think there's some misconceptions and mindless bashing that happens, especially since some people are always like "Omg Roy sux in fe6 and fans hate him!" but some probably haven't even played FE6. Plus, look at all the Roy supporters. I don't think they care that Roy isn't the strongest Lord or whatever lol.

Last edited:

Nekoo

Smash Master
NNID
Almazu
3DS FC
0259-0278-5162
I'm NOT IN THE SUPPORT LIST ?

What are you waiting for !?

I know i'm not good for Drawing but Here's a gift , a little Sketch of our Boy , Let's hope he come back ! :roymelee::roymelee:

Mah Boy.png

Wintropy

Peace and love and all that jazzmatazz~! <3
NNID
Winterwhite
3DS FC
1461-6253-6301
Ehh, honestly, my issue with Roy isn't that he's a poor unit (I've never played FE6, so I can't judge) or that he's not a good fighter (again, I never played him in Melee, where he at least looked very fun).

It's really just that there are other Fire Emblem characters I'd rather see. I actually like Roy as a character, and I'd be okay if he returned, but he just can't compete with the likes of Lucina and Robin (and, if we're getting into wishful thinking realms, Tiki and Anna).

That said, I wish you guys the best of luck in your endeavours. The hardest part for any Smash character is getting their foot in the door. Roy's got precedent on his side, which is a huge advantage in the cutthroat world of Super Bash Siblings, and at least demonstrates that future appearances wouldn't be beyond possibility.

Einherjar Roy is best Roy. I am adamant on that.

Ehh, honestly, my issue with Roy isn't that he's a poor unit (I've never played FE6, so I can't judge) or that he's not a good fighter (again, I never played him in Melee, where he at least looked very fun).

It's really just that there are other Fire Emblem characters I'd rather see. I actually like Roy as a character, and I'd be okay if he returned, but he just can't compete with the likes of Lucina and Robin (and, if we're getting into wishful thinking realms, Tiki and Anna).

That said, I wish you guys the best of luck in your endeavours. The hardest part for any Smash character is getting their foot in the door. Roy's got precedent on his side, which is a huge advantage in the cutthroat world of Super Bash Siblings, and at least demonstrates that future appearances wouldn't be beyond possibility.

Einherjar Roy is best Roy. I am adamant on that.
I'm kinda similar. I'd rather have Eliwood than Roy, but since Eliwood's waaaay unlikely (same boat as Tiki+Anna realistically and in terms of popularity) I haven't tried to start an Eliwood thread or support him. The Hector/Ephraim fanboys would really ruin it, too, tbh.

Last time I tried hosting a support thread for an even more popular and noteworthy character than any of them, it didn't work out at all.

So I just throw all my effort into Roy for now. He's the son of the greatest, he's a pretty cool character and still one of my favorites, so I might as well represent his genes. :shades:

I can never see Roy as just an alt. Him and Marth fight way too differently in source material, while Lucina impersonates Marth himself and shares the same fighting animations in Awakening.

Wintropy

Peace and love and all that jazzmatazz~! <3
NNID
Winterwhite
3DS FC
1461-6253-6301
I'd honestly see him as an Ike alt before a Marth alt.

Seems to be how his character's evolved, if Awakening is anything to go by.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom