• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Lucas General Discussion

BSP

Smash Legend
Hey guys, I know it's a bit off topic but what characters do you find... not scary at all? You might even love to fight them? It might be because they have no kill power or you know them inside-out or any other reason.

I think my big two that I currently know of are Sonic and Toon Link. Sonic is one of those characters where he does a bunch of stuff and I can usually see right through it and punish him: He's way tamer than he looks. TL... I dunno. I just feel really relaxed when playing him, dunno exactly why.

Technically you're meant to have some 'respect' for every character in the game... I guess I just haven't faced amazing Sonics and TLs yet?
Have you been timed out by either of them?

:phone:

RvlvRBobcat

Smash Apprentice
hey guys, i picked up lucas the other day. I dont have a definite main yet besides the good captain, am i welcome here?

Jamwa

Smash Champion
falco has no kill moves so he's fun to verse when in the correct mindset of dodging/baiting and absorbing lasers.

Tikao

Smash Ace
Falco is the best high-tier MU for Lucas , right? ... well , i hate it to play against him , usmash (so dacus and/or bdacus [don't know]) out of a grabrelease can be bad , his chaingrab , but you should avoid grabs anyway , ooS bair etc. ... and don't forget his best at , fullhop fair to silent laser : D ... maybe it's only the Ness vs Falco MU , but realy hate it

fo me , diddy is the funniest char to play against (i don't understand why everybody hates to play against him , i just love it )

Jamwa

Smash Champion
DEHF's worst matchup is Falco vs Ness

well it'd be close because I think he hates it after vsing FOW's Ness (rip)

Tikao

Smash Ace
if he would know the MU xD ... like nobody plays ness , so many people don't have any MU-experience , and that's why even Ganondorf isn't useless

Luco

Smash Hero
NNID
dracilus
3DS FC
2638-1462-5558
Have you been timed out by either of them?

:phone:
Never been timed out by anyone to date. I even finish matches with jigglypuffs before the timer gets close. @.@

hey guys, i picked up lucas the other day. I dont have a definite main yet besides the good captain, am i welcome here?
Welcome aboard! Of course you're fine! Feel free to hang around here and get a feel for the place and Lucas himself as long as you want. You'll do fine! ^^

if he would know the MU xD ... like nobody plays ness , so many people don't have any MU-experience , and that's why even Ganondorf isn't useless
I suppose that's true to some extent but at the same time, some top chars will know the MUs if they've played top LT mains.

fox, luigi, and ike
Oh cool! As it so happens i'm scared-ish of ike and luigi and fox is 'hmm...'

Tikao

Smash Ace
yeah , fox usmash kills lucas and ness at like 100% and is incredibly fast , and if you don't sdi out of his dair (and that's not that easy) it's true out of the dair , which also deals damage , so the usmash kills even earlier ... and he can just simply boost usmash Lucas and ness out of a grabrelease ... but that's nothing to be scared off ... luigi is ok , but I'm too scared of some random up-b kills , so it's not relaxing for me xD ... and ike ... yeah ike is ok , if you're not jumping in random fsmashes , but that shouldn't happen

jd00824

Smash Rookie
Yup, that's exactly what I mean. If they're not getting those hard reads in, then pretty easy to keep them off balance......not to mention ticking off luigi by healing all his fireballs lol

BTW....toon link's projectile wall still gives me fits....need to get better at the MU

Luco

Smash Hero
NNID
dracilus
3DS FC
2638-1462-5558
BTW....toon link's projectile wall still gives me fits....need to get better at the MU
Yeah, for some reason I never have problems with it. It's so weird. We can reflect his boomerangs and arrows in this MU too, one of the few MUs where reflecting things is useful and done more often than in most MUs. Also if you're watching out for his smashes, it's actually easy-ish to stay away from his kill moves. Eh, probably me.

Luco

Smash Hero
NNID
dracilus
3DS FC
2638-1462-5558
Hey i'm thinking of asking for a proper and dedicated mod for this place. Anyone else willing to support me if I asked? How DO I ask by the way haha??

Luco

Smash Hero
NNID
dracilus
3DS FC
2638-1462-5558
Abwhaa?? But all boards should have a nice and dedicated mod to help keep the boards active and make threads official and sticky and all of that jazz. D:

Luco

Smash Hero
NNID
dracilus
3DS FC
2638-1462-5558
a person who wanna be a dictator would say exactly that
Banned. :p

I'm trying to organize a smash tournament in my school. If I can come up with a proper proposal, no-one seems against the idea and are even willing to support it. My only problem (but it's a large one) is that there's no way to stop some kid who doesn't like me coming in and deliberately breaking the wii - and it's not like the school can take legal action to make him give me the money for another. =/

Suggestions to help prevent that from happening? I plan to have a few tables surrounding the wii so that it's obvious if they want to go for the wii, also constant supervision and an organized system. Anything else I can do?

Luco

Smash Hero
NNID
dracilus
3DS FC
2638-1462-5558
FAE....

Lovethecatlovethecatlovethecatlovethecatlovethecatlovethecatlovethecatlovethecatlovethecatlovethecatlovethecatlovethecatlovethecatlovethecatlovethecatlovethecatlovethecatlovethecatlovethecatlovethecatlovethecatlovethecatlovethecatlovethecatlovethecatlovethecatlovethecatlovethecatlovethecatlovethecatlovethecatlovethecatlovethecatlovethecatlovethecat....

Never change your avatar! :p

Luco

Smash Hero
NNID
dracilus
3DS FC
2638-1462-5558
Armada retired but tbh I wouldn't be too surprised if he decided to do this last one as a show to the wider FGC community. Could be wrong, though.

Jamwa

Smash Champion
He might still be playing casually/for fun, but i don't think he'll be going out of his way to make it to many tournaments

Luco

Smash Hero
NNID
dracilus
3DS FC
2638-1462-5558
Good stuff Pink Fresh, getting 13th at Rescue 2!!!

Wish I could have seen your matches but ahh well. Got wind of it in the Tier List thread, it's so nice to see more and more people saying Lucas should be mid tier... I think it's gonna happen this time guys, I really really do. :D

Top Bottom