• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Lucas General Discussion

Luco

Smash Hero
NNID
dracilus
3DS FC
2638-1462-5558
I'm taking this to the tier list thread. :3

But yep, fantastic job PF, beating a long-time rival and winning 6-1 is pretty incredible too, against an Olimar main and a high/top player no less!

It sucks that Lucas tends to get his best results right after a new tier list though. :p

But joking aside, yeah I really respect your Lucas and I can't wait to see more - if you're beating Logic that solidly I think you're going to be taking on some really big players and I totally look forward to your exploits. :)

It's great to have you back in the top Lucas player category, dude. :D

Annnnnnd i'm rambling. :p

Jamwa

Smash Champion
I just got 8th on the victorian PR, (but i should be 9th).
I still wouldn't make it out of apex pools though, america is so far ahead of aus :(
also FAE i heard you played against Shaya (from shaya). I met him last weekend at a tourney and he spoke highly of you when he met you in america.

dean.

NNID
dean7599
3DS FC
1435-4425-6023
I still wouldn't make it out of apex pools though, america is so far ahead of aus :(
also FAE i heard you played against Shaya (from shaya). I met him last weekend at a tourney and he spoke highly of you when he met you in america.
No, you deserve eighth. You're everyone's hero after all.

Luco

Smash Hero
NNID
dracilus
3DS FC
2638-1462-5558
I was really hoping Shaya would make it to BAM this year, i'd really like to verse him again (haven't versed him since my second or third tourney).

Anyway, i'll be in Melbourne next weekend for the major. Can't wait to meet you Jam! :)

Lukingordex

No Custom Titles Allowed
Switch FC
SW-6444-7862-9014
You guys suck at teaching people lucas
You suck for coming here and saying that we suck at teaching people Lucas when you didn't even made a question that is aswerable in a single post.

Man,there isn't a complete guide about "how to play Lucas",if you really wanna learn everything about Lucas,then get your ass out of the chair and go play the game to learn at least the most basics things by yourself.

Lukingordex

No Custom Titles Allowed
Switch FC
SW-6444-7862-9014
I was joking too.

<3

Sorry I was a little rude on my joke though.

Jamwa

Smash Champion
Yo if anyone here knows how to cancel King Dedede's spit thing into a wavebounced magnet to punish d3, could you post the inputs to clarify? i totes forgot the exact way to do it :s

I think you cancel that star animation with a jump then wavebounce the down-b, but there might be more to it i forgot :(

Strawhat64

Smash Ace
You guys suck at teaching people lucas
I am pretty sure we have numerous thread that contains strategies on how to play this child.
after reading for god knows how many hours of Lucas information, and spend a few hours watching Pink Fresh and Mekos videos and there you go.
oh and hi kids, decide to switch back to Lucas and secondary Wario after watching PF beat Logic. Good shee btw, PF. Making Lucas mains proud :D!

FightAdamantEevee

Smash Lord
When he spits you out, jump and then press DownB having the control stick in the bottom corner in the direction you were going when you got spit out and quickly slide the control stick along the bottom towards D3

And yeah gs PF, I'm pretty late finding out

Luco

Smash Hero
NNID
dracilus
3DS FC
2638-1462-5558
I do it all the time. <3

Anyway guys, I hope we made you somewhat proud, Jamwa and I both placed 9th in pro bracket at our national last weekend. Huzzah!!

Bluekandy

Smash Journeyman
Lol :3 Dang, I can't believe I was missing one important step in the aerial dusterjump - I've been doing it for months successfully (except for in lag) without holding my jump after buffering it. Holy lord XD It's actually a bit easier to hold the jump. I know I'm late with this too but PF was awesome ^^

Just had to go back and look at FAE here's video :3

Luco

Smash Hero
NNID
dracilus
3DS FC
2638-1462-5558
I personally love the zap jump because you can sometimes get kills with it and it's such a surprising way to get someone. =D

Also, tech skill -------> max:

Was versing my bro's Ness on SV and we were offstage. He tried to recover and originally I thought to go for the magnet but I didn't get there in time and decided to do the insane - jump into his PKT2 at around 65%. What we didn't count on was me teching off the side of SV and living. And yep, I successfully killed him because of that. <3

*is very proud*

#HBC | J

Prince of DGamesia
Hi guys! Haven't been here in a while but that's because I took a break from the site and also a break from Brawl. I think I've also decided on taking a break on competitive brawl besides just watching it. Especially now that the new game has been announced and the countdown is starting to begin I cannot wait for it. I feel I may be finally moving away from the Earthbound characters with this newest addition after being with it for so long.

So how have the lucas' been lately?

Luco

Smash Hero
NNID
dracilus
3DS FC
2638-1462-5558
Hi guys! Haven't been here in a while but that's because I took a break from the site and also a break from Brawl. I think I've also decided on taking a break on competitive brawl besides just watching it. Especially now that the new game has been announced and the countdown is starting to begin I cannot wait for it. I feel I may be finally moving away from the Earthbound characters with this newest addition after being with it for so long.

Hey J!

I've been great and i'm super excited for the new smash!!

I really really hope Lucas and Ness are both there! :o

Jamwa

Smash Champion

WiiFit Trainer........................................
I'm feeling like maining random, everything is just too much

Luco

Smash Hero
NNID
dracilus
3DS FC
2638-1462-5558
WiiFit Trainer........................................
I'm feeling like maining random, everything is just too much
Haha, i'm waiting to see what happens next, personally I think this is pretty awesomely cool and I can't wait to see what's next.

Except I might cry if Lucas isn't in there. Just maybe. :'(

#HBC | J

Prince of DGamesia
Wii Fit Trainer is an amazing addition. Plus looking at Her moves, she seems really smooth yet powerful. But I am almost certain Ness will stay in but I have doubts on our blonde fella staying in. He was a great addition to Brawl but eh.

Tikao

Smash Ace
i don't think they'll replace lucas
earthbound comes to the wiiu, the first time, something happens in that direction, also lucas is famous in japan, that's why we got him in ssbb (which is awesome, but i never exspected that)
his chances are way higher to stay in ssb than actually appearing in ssb, and he already did that so ....

also, if sakurai replaces lucas in ssbu, i'll replace sakurai from this world

#HBC | J

Prince of DGamesia
You are correct to say that he is popular in Japan. I am just saying, I wouldn't mind there not being a lucas. I love him to death but it wouldn't be biggest casualty in the the next game. If the do keep Lucas, I highly doubt they would add any other Earthbound characters and just keep it Ness/Lucas. If they do not keep Lucas, they would only replace in one character from the series into Brawl.

Top Bottom