• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Louisiana Thread: Flarefox Forever - We are alive.

-Se7en-

Banned via Warnings
Played a good person offline for the first time. We played a good 3/5 in both Brawl and Project M.

Brawl
2/3 : Ramsaur wins
Ramsaur : Meta Knight/Pikachu
Se7en : Meta Knight/Marth.

Project M
2:3 : Ramsaur wins
Ramsaur : Ganon/Falco
Se7en : Randomly picked Snake

Also I have a Project M Mewtwo that can make people pass the salt.

Turazrok

Smash Master
Interesting. Broken for overpower. I didn't know meta knight was that broken. And banning him in tournament? Hmm, that's kind of silly to do that. Everyone should be able to play whatever characters he/she wants as long as the rules are fair and consistent.
Apex 2014 results were 7/8 top eight MK, and one IC's.

Smooth Criminal

Da Cheef
NNID
boundless_light
It ain't because he wins tournaments, tho'. Don't think that. There are a number of other good reasons to get the character ousted.

Tell you what, why don't you play one of LA's MKs sometime, without ANY of the limitations imposed on him by the community rules. You'll see what I mean.

Smooth Criminal

Smooth Criminal

Da Cheef
NNID
boundless_light
Yeah, for the reasons I listed. If you need to go so far as to make multiple rules specifically designed to inhibit the performance/attributes of a given character, that character should be banned. IMO.

TOs may have a differing opinion on the matter, so it's ultimately their call. I can't say for sure how LA feels about it; I just occupy this thread because of awesome people like Sudai, Taylor, and Iceman.

Oh, and Sapphire.

Smooth Criminal

Last edited:

BSL

B-B-B-BLAMM!!!
NNID
bsl883
3DS FC
3308-4560-2744
My question is a commonly used phrase meaning "how many years have you been alive outside the womb?" as opposed to asking for a quantification of "oldness".

How many years have you been alive outside the womb, Robert Lee?

iceman48

Smash Journeyman
I can't say for sure how LA feels about it; I just occupy this thread because of awesome people like Sudai, Taylor, and Iceman.

Oh, and Sapphire.

Smooth Criminal
Stop it, you're gonna make us blush.

Edit: I don't think it's trolling, I think he's either serious (maybe) or fishing for a MM and he turns out to be someone we already know, like the anti-Garvix.

Last edited:

BSL

B-B-B-BLAMM!!!
NNID
bsl883
3DS FC
3308-4560-2744
I am 15. And you?

I suggest you just show up to a tournament. Go with the flow, it'll be easy. People will help you get the hang of the rules. It's much easier than asking a bunch of questions about your every worry.

Last edited:

BSL

B-B-B-BLAMM!!!
NNID
bsl883
3DS FC
3308-4560-2744
The rule set for every tournament is up to the TO, though they almost always have the same, or extremely similar, rule sets.

Check any tournament thread for a rule set, and you can count on every tournament to have only minor differences, if any at all.

-Se7en-

Banned via Warnings
No items in any Smash

3 stocks, 8 minutes for Brawl.
4 stocks, 8 minutes for Melee.

No stages with hazards.

DrinkingFood

Smash Hero
Oh. That sucks. I thought items will be use. oh well. Why melee stock is 4 as oppose to brawl stock is 3?
Melee is much more violent and single punishments in neutral can turn into a stock loss for a lot of characters. 4 was settled on as a standard early in Melee's lifespan. When brawl came out, it was apparent that stocks last a lot longer due to weaker punishments and higher required kill percents due largely to hitstun and momentum canceling as well as much better recoveries due to floatiness, auto-snap ledges, and overall better recovery movee distance. So the community reduced the number to 3. Some want it lower. I actually think 1 stock brawl is much more hype than 3 stock since there's less camping and MK would have ZSS as a contender for top tier.

If you don't want to worry about characters being crazy overpowered, play Project M. Or Smash64.

Last edited:

-Se7en-

Banned via Warnings
Melee's faster, it's nearly balanced I time (average 4 mins). Most Brawl players play slow as careful, and most Melee players rely on chain grabs that rack free damage and shine spikes.

In smash 64 they play with 5 stocks because it's more combo heavy than melee.

Turazrok

Smash Master
Yeah, for the reasons I listed. If you need to go so far as to make multiple rules specifically designed to inhibit the performance/attributes of a given character, that character should be banned. IMO.

TOs may have a differing opinion on the matter, so it's ultimately their call. I can't say for sure how LA feels about it; I just occupy this thread because of awesome people like Sudai, Taylor, and Iceman.

Oh, and Sapphire.

Smooth Criminal

Okay.

I see you.

'V'

Smash Lord
Just a reminder for you Melee players out there:

The Cove Monthly is this Sunday. Registration starts at 4:30. Be there!!

ChKn

Smash Ace
People don't want to go against convention and keep MK banned. I have mad respect for Xyro for being consistent with the MK-banned tournaments.

Also, Brawl feels so much nicer with 2-stocks. Yet, no one will want to stray away from convention as well, so the norm will always be 3-stocks. Nothing gets done.

iceman48

Smash Journeyman
To be fair, without MK, there might not have been such an interest to hack the game and make a better one. So props to MK for assisting in the creation of P:M by being a ****.
Don't know if I'm going to the tourney tomorrow. I can get away with playing at a bar once a week, I think I'll save it for Monday. Nobody be a **** and get our privileges taken away. I'm looking at you Bradford.

007-jake

Smash Journeyman
I was totally gonna say it's my son. Buttt, my son wouldn't troll that hard. He's mastering his crawl tech skill as I type this. Only 5 months. 2GUD

Last edited:

'V'

Smash Lord
3-stock Brawl takes too long. It's always the last out of all of the other events to finish, regardless of number of entrants. 2-stock would be way better.

Top Bottom