• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Louisiana Thread: Flarefox Forever - We are alive.

Captain Zack

Banned via Administration
NNID
Chibi_Zack
Yo guys, I'm trying to get my Zelda buddy, Ed to make it down for Golden Chariot. We might be able to do a Zelda crew battle. ;u;

'V'

Smash Lord
Caw Zelda crew vs Fox crew? lolol

Vaughn, how busy are you lately? I kinda wanna learn how to play Mario Kart and we can get some smash practice/just hangin out or w/e at the same time.
I'm pretty much free for most of the Summer. I'm going to A-Kon next weekend and I may possibly be going to CEO, but that's about it until next semester. I would love to get some hangout time in with some Mario Kart and Smash. Just gimme a ring when you wanna do that.

And Zelda vs. Fox crews??? Holy crap... Which side would I be on..?

-Se7en-

Banned via Warnings
It's 2:09 AM currently, and I can finally open the door to Smash I was trying to open earlier.

For one, Ramsaur's coming over later so I can play somebody in our state with tournament experience.

Second off, soon enough I may be able to attend my first tourney.

Third off, I'm the new Snake/Falcon of LA.

*I play competitive Pokemon now too, so yeah. Buying a 2DS soon with X.*

Last edited:

Turazrok

Smash Master
At your age that's like the fourth time that's happened right? :p

Too broke. Can't afford Mario kart til after summercon. :(

Also play pokemon online to test teams instead of spending a day breeding and training.
Pokegennnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn

Turazrok

Smash Master
I mean hey man Manaphy is good maybe they got confused?

I swear idk how that **** is still in OU

Samsora

Smash Apprentice
I'm pretty much free for most of the Summer. I'm going to A-Kon next weekend and I may possibly be going to CEO, but that's about it until next semester. I would love to get some hangout time in with some Mario Kart and Smash. Just gimme a ring when you wanna do that.

And Zelda vs. Fox crews??? Holy crap... Which side would I be on..?
Our zelda crew

Captain Zack

Banned via Administration
NNID
Chibi_Zack
I stopped playing Pokemon competitively because I only played UU, then they moved Chansey to OU so I quit. Even though I'll pop into random tourneys and rek with Lvl 1 Aron.

Sapphire Dragon

Smash Master
NNID
SapphireRyu
3DS FC
3351-4374-1516
Switch FC
SW-2172-6976-4896
I have legit phiones I breed and scrubs will trade anything for one lol
If you or someone you know knows how to clone, I would literally trade you every hidden ability Pokemon I have (probably over 100 by now) for a Manaphy clone and totally serious. >.> He's so hard to come by, I'd gladly accept a clone.

Last edited:

RuslinJimmies

Smash Journeyman
I can procure you a manaphy but gonna take like a week Cus I'm busy. Also uu chansey was too noob friendly imo.
And without rain to support it, I honestly don't think manaphy is bad at all.
Manaphy meet my Registeel. He's gonna paralyze you. Honchkrow is gonna brave bird you after Registeel seismic tosses you. Honchkrow is plus 1 attack with the ever threatening life orb sucker punch. Thanks for the free setup manaphy

Turazrok

Smash Master
I mean any good player would swap manaphy when that came out :/ If I swapped Landorus-T both of those couldn't do ****.

Also a meta thing what OU teams are running Honchkrow/Registeel?

Last edited:

-Se7en-

Banned via Warnings
My team at the moment (Smogon).
1)Togekiss
2)Goodra
3)Gengar
4)Rotom - W
5)Landorus - T
6)Mega Houndoom

I had Thunderus before, but I started playing Landorus users, and I like him. Mega Houndoom isn't common either so I want to make him work.

I'm choosing Squirtle from Sycamore :p

Last edited:

RuslinJimmies

Smash Journeyman
I was discussing UU. I hardly ou because there's little team variety. Uu manaphy had a nice niche. Honchkrow is the most underrated uu poke ever. Nothing besides the Bisharp line (one more I can't think of) resists it's STABs. Sucker punch to scare stuff. Heat wave Cus mega aggron and brave bird that other ****. I think roost over superpower just because I like it. However the bird has a few common uu things stopping it. Fake out life orb mienshao and ice shard Weavile hurt it

Sapphire Dragon

Smash Master
NNID
SapphireRyu
3DS FC
3351-4374-1516
Switch FC
SW-2172-6976-4896
I can procure you a manaphy but gonna take like a week Cus I'm busy. Also uu chansey was too noob friendly imo.
And without rain to support it, I honestly don't think manaphy is bad at all.
Manaphy meet my Registeel. He's gonna paralyze you. Honchkrow is gonna brave bird you after Registeel seismic tosses you. Honchkrow is plus 1 attack with the ever threatening life orb sucker punch. Thanks for the free setup manaphy
Really? And that's fine about needing a week, thanks so much! I'm not really into competitive battles but I like collecting Pokemon, I have access to all 700+ that have been legit released so far, with the sole exception of Manaphy. It's been killing me, lol. Even though I don't consider clones to be hacks, I haven't even been able to find clones. Phiones are easy to get though.

So what hidden abilities would you like the most? I have so many I've stopped counting so just let me know what you're interested in and I'll breed it for you if I've got it. Immunity Gligars, Gale Wing Fletchlings, Drought Vulpix, Swift Swim Poliwags, Anticipation Eevees, etc

Turazrok

Smash Master
No man. My first tournament I wanted to play friendlies and Taylor and Kyle sat down and 4 stocked me with bowser and Roy. Douches, the lot of them. To this day Taylor demands my lunch money lest he bring Roy out again.

Sapphire Dragon

Smash Master
NNID
SapphireRyu
3DS FC
3351-4374-1516
Switch FC
SW-2172-6976-4896
Are the people going to the tournament friendly?
Sudai is one of the friendliest people you will ever meet. He loves welcoming new people into the scene. You'll see when you see him. :)

Edit: Turazrok was just being funny, Taylor and Kyle are great people too. :p

Last edited:

Robert Lee

Smash Apprentice
I wasn't sure if I want to go to the tournament if the people over there are mean and rude, but after seeing what you said, I might consider going to the tournament.

Sapphire Dragon

Smash Master
NNID
SapphireRyu
3DS FC
3351-4374-1516
Switch FC
SW-2172-6976-4896
You should definitely go. :) Tournaments are fun events and you get to meet a lot of great people. Tha Shrimp series in particular is one of the best for that.

Also, in the future if you want to say something right after you already posted, just use the "edit" link in your post. Double posting is technically against the rules, even though we're lax about that here you shouldn't do it in other threads. :p

Sapphire Dragon

Smash Master
NNID
SapphireRyu
3DS FC
3351-4374-1516
Switch FC
SW-2172-6976-4896
Double posting is posting twice in a row, back to back. Like when you posted "Okay, that's cool" and then posted the rest right after that. You can edit the post where you said "Okay, that's cool" and then type what you said in the second post beneath it (or copy/paste if you already said it).

Tha Shrimp series is a series of tournaments that TaylorHJ hosts. They're usually at his house, but this one is at a venue (term for a business or building that agrees to host the event) instead.

Sapphire Dragon

Smash Master
NNID
SapphireRyu
3DS FC
3351-4374-1516
Switch FC
SW-2172-6976-4896
The venue fee is a fee set by the business/building that agreed to host the event, since they have to give you space to play in their property. There's not always a venue fee for tournaments hosted at venues, so it just depends on whether they want to charge us or not.

Edit: ninja'd by Turaz

If you win, and you're in the top 3 or 4, you'll get a percentage of the entry fee in cash. If you place lower than that, you get nothing.

Last edited:
Top Bottom