• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Louisiana Thread: Flarefox Forever - We are alive.

jiovanni007

Smash Ace
chemical does not = drug

chemical = any substance, e.g. water

drug is an extremely broad term which basically means anything that alters normal bodily function.

drug does not necessarily = harmful.

marijuana = drug

for some reason "drug" has become a dirty word that people immediately relate to harmful things. probably as a result of years of special interest groups bending public perception.

Hope this clears things up LOL
basically all of this. As mild as green may be, don't fool yourself into thinking its not a drug. Statistically nicotine and alcoholic have proven to be far worse drugs but the government figured out how to squeeze money out if those two sources already.

Also I'll be in BR Saturday and would love to chill with some BR peeps barring I don't get laid.

:phone:

D

Deleted member

i wouldnt say nicotine is worse for you in any respect OTHER than it is the most addictive thing in the world. im pretty sure literally.

D

Deleted member

i didnt want to go into it. i still dont. but if you smoked as much weed as people do cigarettes (which the average smoker smokes over a half ounce of tobacco a day), and let's negate the strange extra chemicals that some cigarette companies put into the tobacco, because we were talking about nicotine not all the other chemicals, and the cigarettes without other chemicals are readily available, you will get cancer just as fast smoking weed as you will from smoking cigarettes; it's the carbon monoxide and smoke that gives you cancer. that was the longest most grammatically ****ed up sentence of all time. not going to fix it.

so, also the part where weed gives you cancer? assuming you would smoke as much. main point is: people just smoke OMG WTF more amounts of tobacco than weed, compared to a heavy weed smoker.

Sudai

Stuff here
Jake, I'ma be studying for finals actually. Found out I have one at 7:30AM tomorrow morning. Should have checked that ****.

I should be free some time between tuesday and thursday and then all summer after that

Candul

Smash Cadet
i didnt want to go into it. i still dont. but if you smoked as much weed as people do cigarettes (which the average smoker smokes over a half ounce of tobacco a day), and let's negate the strange extra chemicals that some cigarette companies put into the tobacco, because we were talking about nicotine not all the other chemicals, and the cigarettes without other chemicals are readily available, you will get cancer just as fast smoking weed as you will from smoking cigarettes; it's the carbon monoxide and smoke that gives you cancer. that was the longest most grammatically ****ed up sentence of all time. not going to fix it.

so, also the part where weed gives you cancer? assuming you would smoke as much. main point is: people just smoke OMG WTF more amounts of tobacco than weed, compared to a heavy weed smoker.
weed smokers also dont hack up black **** if they have been smoking all their life ><

Okuser

Smash Ace

there is actually no known relation between the smoking of marijuana and cancer...

007-jake

Smash Journeyman
Weed can be somewhat harmful, but I believe it has more to do with the way you smoke it (blunt, bong, vaporizer, etc.) Each way is healthier or worse than the other. I still feel ganja is a lot less harmful than tobacco, which probably is partly due to how much smokers consume (as taylor said).

Sudai, it's cool, ended up chillin with a friend, should be free thursday

Bomber7

Smash Hero
Smashcon will be hosting their Slidel Monthly on May 25th. Eric just confirmed the day with me and the venue owner. The thread should be made soon.

D

Deleted member

weed smokers also dont hack up black **** if they have been smoking all their life ><
there is actually no known relation between the smoking of marijuana and cancer...
idk if you guys are just high (lol) or think im saying smoking weed is terrible for you or smoking cigarettes is great for you or what the problem is, but ima give this one more shot and then im going to drop it.

there's no known relation between smoking weed and cancer but their is a known relation between inhaling smoke and cancer.

you will die of nicotine poisoning much faster than you would carbon monoxide poisoning, but no matter what you're burning and inhaling, if you smoking an absolutely ******** amount of anything you would die of carbon monoxide poisoning, and smoking anything in mass amounts is bad for you due to the smoke and carbon monoxide.

its all about the differences in the amount of things you smoke. like i said, if you smoked over a half ounce of weed every day you would be inhaling as much smoke as the average cigarette smoker. taking in that much smoke of any type will cause all the problems that cigarettes do.

but no one would do that because it would be ********.

Tar is the common name for the resinous partially combusted and healed particulate matter produced by the burning of tobacco and other plant material in the act of smoking.

There is a common misconception that the tar in cigarettes is equivalent to the tar used on roads.[citation needed] As a result of this, cigarette companies in the United States, when prompted to give tar/nicotine ratings for cigarettes, usually use "tar", in quotation marks, to indicate that it is not the road surface component. Tar is occasionally referred to as an acronym for total aerosol residue,[1] a backronym coined in the mid-1960s.

i read that weed has around 33% of the tar that tobacco has, but im sure ****ty weed has a lot more. like i used to have a swag pipe and a good pipe because the swag pipe would get SO gross that i wouldnt want to smoke good out of it. the good pipe took a lot longer to get danked up like if youve ever smoked a joint and the end gets super resined out and sticky and gross. thats the same tar. burned plant matter. but it goes back to amounts. you probably wont ever end up coughing up black **** because you dont smoke over a half ounce of weed every day.

random fact, ive been smoking 1/2 to 1 pack a day for 5 years and ive never coughed up black **** o.O

so back to my original statement:

"i wouldnt say nicotine is worse for you in any respect OTHER than it is the most addictive thing in the world. im pretty sure literally."

the reason you smoke so much more tobacco is because it doesnt have any mind altering properties, is readily available, relatively cheap, and is the most addictive substance in the world. if you smoked a gram of tobacco a day i would be willing to say you would never have any smoking related health problems.

smoking is smoking is smoking is not good for you. go vape something

i dont think weed is bad for you, but i think smoking anything is.

am i making sense yet?

Li-D1000

Smash Rookie
idk if you guys are just high (lol) or think im saying smoking weed is terrible for you or smoking cigarettes is great for you or what the problem is, but ima give this one more shot and then im going to drop it.

there's no known relation between smoking weed and cancer but their is a known relation between inhaling smoke and cancer.

you will die of nicotine poisoning much faster than you would carbon monoxide poisoning, but no matter what you're burning and inhaling, if you smoking an absolutely ******** amount of anything you would die of carbon monoxide poisoning, and smoking anything in mass amounts is bad for you due to the smoke and carbon monoxide.

its all about the differences in the amount of things you smoke. like i said, if you smoked over a half ounce of weed every day you would be inhaling as much smoke as the average cigarette smoker. taking in that much smoke of any type will cause all the problems that cigarettes do.

but no one would do that because it would be ********.

Tar is the common name for the resinous partially combusted and healed particulate matter produced by the burning of tobacco and other plant material in the act of smoking.

There is a common misconception that the tar in cigarettes is equivalent to the tar used on roads.[citation needed] As a result of this, cigarette companies in the United States, when prompted to give tar/nicotine ratings for cigarettes, usually use "tar", in quotation marks, to indicate that it is not the road surface component. Tar is occasionally referred to as an acronym for total aerosol residue,[1] a backronym coined in the mid-1960s.

i read that weed has around 33% of the tar that tobacco has, but im sure ****ty weed has a lot more. like i used to have a swag pipe and a good pipe because the swag pipe would get SO gross that i wouldnt want to smoke good out of it. the good pipe took a lot longer to get danked up like if youve ever smoked a joint and the end gets super resined out and sticky and gross. thats the same tar. burned plant matter. but it goes back to amounts. you probably wont ever end up coughing up black **** because you dont smoke over a half ounce of weed every day.

random fact, ive been smoking 1/2 to 1 pack a day for 5 years and ive never coughed up black **** o.O

so back to my original statement:

"i wouldnt say nicotine is worse for you in any respect OTHER than it is the most addictive thing in the world. im pretty sure literally."

the reason you smoke so much more tobacco is because it doesnt have any mind altering properties, is readily available, relatively cheap, and is the most addictive substance in the world. if you smoked a gram of tobacco a day i would be willing to say you would never have any smoking related health problems.

smoking is smoking is smoking is not good for you. go vape something

i dont think weed is bad for you, but i think smoking anything is.

am i making sense yet?
^^^^^^^^^^^^

Okuser

Smash Ace
Fun facts for you all,

Marijuana is a Schedule 1 Controlled Substance along with LSD, ecstasy and HEROINE!!!

The qualifications required for a drug to reach this distinction are: 1. High potential for abuse 2. No currently accepted medical use and 3. Lack of accepted safety for use.

Okuser

Smash Ace
and coincidentally (if you couldn't figure it out for yourself by now) marijuana does not fall into ANY of those 3 categories. it's actually laughable.

something like 15 states (don't remember exact #) have legalized the use of medical marijuana.

there are ZERO recorded marijuana related deaths

and the "lack of accepted safety for use" is a perpetuating rule because marijuana cannot be regulated, and "made safe" until it's been legalized.

GOL | 482 | JSalt

The Folse Deity
NNID
JSalty
Exactly my thoughts, Gunner, but I think he meant if it was about doing said drugs, getting hookups, etc. They're talking about the dangers/statistics/opinions, shouldn't be a problem.

Sooooo I'm off work tomorrow, and the A/C isn't working in my apt, anyone wanna play Brawl?

EDIT: Okuser, I have a tshirt that has a speaker that plays mp3's, and that's one of the songs. I will be wearing this shirt to HOBO, those who go will experience amazing.

BSP

Smash Legend
I already found mine

Normal colored Sonic....actually, maybe Red sonic...no one plays him. Yesterday was just a bad day for me, there's nothing in this game Sonic can't handle. I was the problem.

Esotera

Smash Apprentice
That's the spirit!

My almost win versus r0ni kinda makes me want to stick it out, but I still want to try out some new people.

BSP

Smash Legend
I mean, from the MU and general standpoint, there's really no reason not to...

Unless you just don't enjoy him, or you just suck with him like me :p

BSP

Smash Legend
I say just experiment and stick with who feels comfortable, and doesn't have the same bad MUs as Lucas

Esotera

Smash Apprentice
You mean like, the whole top tier? :p

But yeah, I am to the point where I think I can enjoy other characters now.

Top Bottom