• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Louisiana Thread: Flarefox Forever - We are alive.

BSP

Smash Legend
We need to start putting our names on all of our equpment

Smashfest was great. Idk what was up with me on saturday because I did much better against Facey in some friendliest today

:phone:

Sudai

Stuff here
Yeah, still can't find my wii mote. Either Vaughn or Gunner/Eso took it I'm thinking since they were the only ones with Wiis. Otherwise it was malicious instead of accidental and I don't want to think anyone in our community is malicious. lol

Edit: Also didn't find your tube Eso. Sorry :[

Been flipping couches all day yesterday between looking for that, wiimote, and kittens. lol

'V'

Smash Lord
Yeah, still can't find my wii mote. Either Vaughn or Gunner/Eso took it I'm thinking since they were the only ones with Wiis. Otherwise it was malicious instead of accidental and I don't want to think anyone in our community is malicious. lol

Edit: Also didn't find your tube Eso. Sorry :[

Been flipping couches all day yesterday between looking for that, wiimote, and kittens. lol
Just checked my backpack, Sudai, and I have it. Sorry, I must've picked it up by mistake when I was leaving last time. I'll be sure to get it back to you next time I see you guys.

And that, ladies and gentlemen, is how you're supposed to communicate with others in a community, especially when you lose things.

Sudai

Stuff here
Taylor, you're still welcome to take one of my brawl disc to see if either would work on your wii since I think mine just can't read double layered disc. Meant to do that the past few times you came over but I kept forgetting.

It's cool Vaughn. I'm actually glad you took so I don't have to care about where it's at anymore and I know I'll get it back at some point. lol Dylan said he has 2 wii motes and I can borrow one till I get mine back so it's no rush or anything.

Esotera

Smash Apprentice
Shoutout to Jnig for making the trip yesterday, it was hella fun. Hopefully Adam can make it out next time.

Esotera

Smash Apprentice
I think that's the same weekend as HOBO, so I think I'll be going to HOBO if anythihng... I'll go next time with you Sudai, if I'm here.

'V'

Smash Lord
It's cool Vaughn. I'm actually glad you took so I don't have to care about where it's at anymore and I know I'll get it back at some point. lol Dylan said he has 2 wii motes and I can borrow one till I get mine back so it's no rush or anything.
Sounds good. So, I'm looking at my calendar right now. I can run a P:M tourney either on Friday the 18th or Friday the 25th. Whatever works for you can also work for me. We can have it at your place too seeing as how you wanted that.

'V'

Smash Lord
Look at the rule set for Sethlon/UTD Zac's tourney that Sapphire posted. Link again if you want it: http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?p=14431152

The rule set looks solid, maybe adding Saffron City and a few other CPs. Wall infinites don't exist in P:M so that's not an issue in stage selection anymore.
Yeah what concerns me the most are the stages, of course. I'm looking at them all right now.

BSP

Smash Legend
Don't do what brawl did; start with all/most legal, and take them out if problems arise

:phone:

'V'

Smash Lord
Alright, I took a look at all of the stages and came up with what I feel to be decent lists. But before I make any final decisions, I wanted to get y'all's opinions. I made a separate list for singles and doubles. Tried not to go with too many stages, but there were so many to choose from.

Singles Starter:

Battlefield
Dreamland
Final Destination
Rumble Falls
Pokemon Stadium 2
Smashville
Yoshi's Story

Singles Counterpick:

Dracula's Castle
Fountain of Dreams
Green Hill Zone
Kongo Jungle
Lylat Cruise
Metal Cavern
Skyworld
Temple: M
Yoshi's Island

Doubles Starter:

Battlefield
Dreamland
Final Destination
Fountain of Dreams
Kongo Jungle
Pokemon Stadium 2
Yoshi's Story

Doubles Counterpick:

Dracula's Castle
Green Hill Zone
Lylat Cruise
Metal Cavern
Rumble Falls
Skyworld
Smashville
Temple: M
Yoshi's Island

Also, seeing as how there ARE so many stages (or rather more than what we're accustomed to), I feel that we should have 2 STAGE BANS as opposed to just 1. That way people won't end up feeling overwhelmed by stages that play the same or similarly.

So what do you guys think? If you have questions as to why certain stages have been moved around or why certain stages are banned, let me know. I'm open to all discussion, provided that it is done in a gentleman (or woman) -like manner.

'V'

Smash Lord
whichever one is the huge level with like 6 platforms should def be double
Hanenbow..? Nooooooo.

Remember the first Gameware Brawl Tourney when Sudai and I teamed together and ***** Cyphus and Lee on it when I counterpicked Diddy and we camped one side of platforms with both bananas and gyro..?

Total campfest...

BSP

Smash Legend
IDK why it took me this long to realize it, but I just noticed that if you do combos right in UMVC3, games can be settled in...what, 6 or something hits? Scary :(

Sudai

Stuff here
I think he was talking about SSE: Jungle. It only has 4 plats but it's ****ing huge.

V, I think you got a bit on the singles and doubles starters mixed up. FoD as a started for teams but rumble falls in its place for singles? Feel like rumble falls is wwaaayy too big for a singles starter. I definitely can't agree with that, especially if you're making it CP for teams.

'V'

Smash Lord
I think he was talking about SSE: Jungle. It only has 4 plats but it's ****ing huge.

V, I think you got a bit on the singles and doubles starters mixed up. FoD as a started for teams but rumble falls in its place for singles? Feel like rumble falls is wwaaayy too big for a singles starter. I definitely can't agree with that, especially if you're making it CP for teams.
I figured SSE: Jungle was just too big of a stage in general, so I left it out entirely until I could see what other people could do with it.

And Sudai, I can see where you're coming from. I looked heavily into FoD seeing as how it and Pokemon Stadium were looked at heavily for Melee before it made its starter list. Ultimately, Melee decided to pick the lesser of 2 evils for the last spot on the starter list. That was FoD, mostly because its moving platform weren't nearly as big a problem as the stage transitions for PS.

All in all, I like the idea of 7 starters, and I liked most of what the other tourney was doing, but I wanted to do some research of my own.

Now that we have more viable stages to choose from altogether, I figured we should try to go with as little stage movement as possible. I took stage size, blast zone locations, and platform locations into consideration. I tested out all of the stages. I found that Rumble Falls is actually the same length as FD, including where the blast zones are located. I also found that the platform placement is actually quite nice. The middle one isn't really an issue for all grounded characters that aren't Dedede or Bowser if you stay at its peak. Aerial Ike can do a lot of **** on it, but it's Ike. The platforms on the side are a nice distance from the ledges, so not that many characters would be able to edgeguard from them super-effectively.

I definitely see Rumble Falls in Doubles being fodder for total stage control, though. I see that as well as Smashville, especially if one of the characters is Ike.

I really appreciate the feedback. If I can get more from more people considering this issue, I'll definitely be willing to make some changes. I'd like to give some new things a shot though. If it doesn't work out, then it just fails, and it'll be fixed accordingly. You only learn from failure. =]

'V'

Smash Lord
I was under the impression RF was bigger than FD by a sizeable chunk, but going look at it again on my wii, it's not though so idc anymore. lol
Classic. Well, works for me. lol

I'll be making the "subject to change" tourney page tomorrow.

ChKn

Smash Ace
At first, I couldn't get into a flow with Proj M Marth, cause I'm so used to the Brawl version. Now, I think I'm getting into a good flow, but have no clue how to efficiently use him. I'm basically just using what I've learn from zoning in Brawl and just applying that to Proj M lol.

iceman48

Smash Journeyman
Fountain of **** should be on there. And the new/improved stages are ****in awesome, especially Temple.

Edit: Flounda, you need to wavedash like a muh****a. It's back, use it.

Top Bottom