• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Louisiana Thread: Flarefox Forever - We are alive.

RjPunch

Smash Journeyman
Hey, he is a confused little boy trying to fit in. He's failing at it but, atleast he hasn't been posting much. And we all know who's the best. You may deny it, but we know I'm the best at pool. Brawl, you got me beat.

jiovanni007

Smash Ace
louisiana combo video in 5 minutes bang

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DysYusN_AOI

gotta process first.

and oh yeah i just made it into a tasol promo because...i didn't feel like making an actual louisiana combo video lol

...muted...son of a *****...ima put it on private till they get the music back lol

k back to public, musics back
I somehow missed this when u first posted it but **** was sick lol. Curlz use this vid for hype...post it in social threads ***.

_D._

Smash Apprentice
any baton rouge brawlers feel like traveling to come play brawl in baton rouge

Savon

Smash Ace
So who is going to Dibbz this weekend? Ran said he wanted to do a smash fest for the fun of it around noon on Saturday. That is PERFECT for me and Adam.

Curlz

Smash Lord
I'll be in town this weekend for a concert. I'll be heading to Dibbz around noon and I'll play until I have to leave for the show! :]

FakeGeorge

Smash Journeyman
I went and talked to the owner about the next PnT tournament. A few things will change, mostly for the better. My goal with these tournaments is to try and build up Baton Rouge's scene a bit. Here's what we have:

1. Cash payouts. We are now renting the venue for $2 a person. Prizes will now be paid in cash.
2. The prize structure has changed to give more people a shot at money. Top 6 now get paid with a 40/25/15/10/5(x2) split. It probably won't be exactly like these percents because I don't wanna hand out pennies.
3. Seeding will be based on location/ crews only. The owner insisted on not doing a skill seed. This isn't changing for December, so deal with it. In the future, when there's more time, I'll aim for pools to seed the bracket.

I think getting cash prizes is a huge step for making these tournaments a worthwhile series. The expanded payouts will encourage players to stick around and try to improve because they don't have to be able to beat players like to Lee, Justin, and Hyro to get in the money. I disagree with the seeding stuff, but if you think of it as a cost for getting cash prizes, then it's worth it.

Hopefully we can use the PnT tournaments to get some new faces into the scene who will stick around for a while. I'll make a thread sometime soon for this one coming up.

NiTEZ

Smash Apprentice
Sounds good Randall. This December is certainly looking to be a great one. Once I get exams out of the way, everything we be a go. I'm still looking for a ride to Dibbz too lol

BSP

Smash Legend
I went and talked to the owner about the next PnT tournament. A few things will change, mostly for the better. My goal with these tournaments is to try and build up Baton Rouge's scene a bit. Here's what we have:

1. Cash payouts. We are now renting the venue for $2 a person. Prizes will now be paid in cash.
2. The prize structure has changed to give more people a shot at money. Top 6 now get paid with a 40/25/15/10/5(x2) split. It probably won't be exactly like these percents because I don't wanna hand out pennies.
3. Seeding will be based on location/ crews only. The owner insisted on not doing a skill seed. This isn't changing for December, so deal with it. In the future, when there's more time, I'll aim for pools to seed the bracket.

I think getting cash prizes is a huge step for making these tournaments a worthwhile series. The expanded payouts will encourage players to stick around and try to improve because they don't have to be able to beat players like to Lee, Justin, and Hyro to get in the money. I disagree with the seeding stuff, but if you think of it as a cost for getting cash prizes, then it's worth it.

Hopefully we can use the PnT tournaments to get some new faces into the scene who will stick around for a while. I'll make a thread sometime soon for this one coming up.
I might actually make some money...

better step my game up more

Top Bottom