• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Louisiana Thread: Flarefox Forever - We are alive.

NiTEZ

Smash Apprentice
We will not make it to the national championship without the SEC championship.
You ASSUME we wouldn't but critics said had Auburn lost both this game and the SEC Championship and we beat Ark, due to the fact that TCU/Boise doesn't play anyone, we'd be able to jump both teams to the number 2 spot, thus playing for the BCS.

But:
1. AL couldn't hold a 24 point lead, how much of a cushion do you need.
2. GA couldn't get it done either.
3. You DONT NEED a championship(SEC, Pac 10, etc.) to PLAY in the BCS.

Honestly, the title will always have an SEC challenger nowadays anyway. 1 spot should just be reserved for the REAL conference :awesome:

BSL

B-B-B-BLAMM!!!
NNID
bsl883
3DS FC
3308-4560-2744
Lolyeah. I wasn't counting on them losing the SEC championship. The reason I said what I said was because we jumped Georgia when they didn't go to the championship.

#HBC | Ryker

Netplay Monstrosity
BRoomer
The point wasn't getting to the SEC Championship, the point was jumping Auburn, but because AL can't even do something like hold onto a lead when up 24 then they didn't deserve to win.

@Ryker, we're already ahead of AL and OK in the polls.
Either way we can still jump TCU/Boise.
You wouldn't be if AL had won. Oklahoma will still have a division title over you as well.

#HBC | Ryker

Netplay Monstrosity
BRoomer
Beating the undefeated team rank 2 team? Definitely more than possible. I still think the championship would've been Oregon - Boise, but now Oregon's losing, lol.

Ignore that. Forgot AL was a 2 loss team heading in. Thought it was just the one. Forgot South Carolina.

EDIT: **** Boise, they don't deserve the spot and if they play Auburn, we'll shut them up. I do NOT support them, but my opinion doesn't decide who goes.

ChKn

Smash Ace
I gave up on the Arizona game.

I'll be rooting for my brethren, the *****, in the SEC Championship.

Of course the 2nd half to Gamecocks has to be censored.

BSL

B-B-B-BLAMM!!!
NNID
bsl883
3DS FC
3308-4560-2744
You guys. I am getting home from DC tomorrow morning. I have a whole lot of homework.

Make sure I do it, cause I might have a chance to go to dibbz.

-Ran

Smash Master
I'll be there of course. Bring a few bucks since I still want to pay the 2 dollar venue fee, even though we aren't doing a tournament.

NiTEZ

Smash Apprentice
Beating the undefeated team rank 2 team? Definitely more than possible. I still think the championship would've been Oregon - Boise, but now Oregon's losing, lol.

Ignore that. Forgot AL was a 2 loss team heading in. Thought it was just the one. Forgot South Carolina.

EDIT: **** Boise, they don't deserve the spot and if they play Auburn, we'll shut them up. I do NOT support them, but my opinion doesn't decide who goes.
I'm honestly sick of the over-hype that Auburn and $cam Newton gets, you've honestly lucked out on about 4 games this season. Pretty soon that luck will end. I'm not afraid to say LSU has gotten lucky this season, I'll admit that but so has the "unstoppable" Auburn. Any team that can stop a running QB and the pass at the same time will have their way with them. AL doesn't count, they couldn't even hold a lead against us and we've been told we have no offense lol

#HBC | Ryker

Netplay Monstrosity
BRoomer
I'm honestly sick of the over-hype that Auburn and $cam Newton gets, you've honestly lucked out on about 4 games this season. Pretty soon that luck will end. I'm not afraid to say LSU has gotten lucky this season, I'll admit that but so has the "unstoppable" Auburn. Any team that can stop a running QB and the pass at the same time will have their way with them. AL doesn't count, they couldn't even hold a lead against us and we've been told we have no offense lol
Any team that goes undefeated has had some luck, except Boise. I don't think Auburn will be nearly as good a team next year. I also think we could definitely lose to South Carolina.

I'm confident we can take Oregon though.

Actually though, did you see that excessive celebration call yesterday?

NiTEZ

Smash Apprentice
Any team that goes undefeated has had some luck, except Boise. I don't think Auburn will be nearly as good a team next year. I also think we could definitely lose to South Carolina.

I'm confident we can take Oregon though.

Actually though, did you see that excessive celebration call yesterday?
Considering Oregon is a running oriented team, the match-up would be in Auburn's favor. I just want to see a good game for the BCS, not something like FL vs Cinci last year. If Cam leaves this year, Auburn won't be as good, and there's a lot of seniors leaving you guys too. Hopefully next week will be a good game, but no offense, I'll be rooting for the *****.

Except Boise? Why?
The don't play anyone. They play unranked teams all season and then make claims that they deserve to be in the BCS. Any SEC/normal team could go undefeated with their schedule even the horrible ones. Not only that, but they lost yesterday by missing two FGs under 30 yards. lol

ChKn

Smash Ace
They make the claims cause they're that confident in their product. That and no one wants to schedule against Boise State when they have laid out an open challenge a year or so ago. Boise's literally ****ed over by their conference. TCU, Boise, and Utah will all be in the Mountain West, so I'm interested to see how it shapes in future years.

And they had no luck last night lol. That was a game they should have won. TCU gets the at-large bid now lol.

Go *****!

ChKn

Smash Ace
1. Auburn
2. Oregon
3. TCU
4. Stanford
5. Wisconsin

Those are my predictions for the Top 5 for the BCS standings for next week. I can see Arkansas jumping over someone with the win over LSU. The computers were in favor of Arkansas last week over Michigan State.

EDIT: Completely forgot about the OK teams playing atm.

mastermajora

Smash Rookie
who is coming to the tournament at game over next saturday and who is bringing full set ups/wii+brawl?

Savon

Smash Ace
Dibbz was pretty fun today. I learned the power of BRAWL MINUSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!

Me, Adam, Greg, and KitKat went to CiCis and saw this creepy mexican dude with this crazy disturbing hair......

Top Bottom