• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Louisiana Thread: Flarefox Forever - We are alive.

TheDownSyndromeKid

Smash Cadet
Well, I finally did it. I killed them both and buried the bodies where no one will ever find them. I feel so much better now that they're gone. They'll definitely think twice before lying like that in the next life.

D

Deleted member

yeah me and tim played melee today and yesterday, and i played with freddy and phil the day before. i feel like i suk. it's horrible. i want to compete so i have to play brawl because thats what all the tourneys are for, but i prefer melee so much more. but it seems i cant be good at both. i cant rly pin point whats off on my melee game, not tech skill but i just seem to suk. sigh. ill look into the ga tourney though.

D

Deleted member

they wouldnt let me edit my post~
the tourney is about 8+ hours away though..
who wants to use their car?

Ever_Power

Smash Cadet
Lol@the match with Lee. Playing around with metaknight for the lose. xD
That was the worst match ever. I couldnt even see the TV and you killed yourself twice. heh
And fun matches with Matt. But Dibbz is kinda starting to get gay because whenever I walk in with a wii, it's like a newb magnet and I end up watching random people play FFA w/items for like an hour.
That's when you tell them to get the $$$$ OFF. items, FFA that bs doesn't make you better.

Lee and Myself have already had this discussion at dibbz. They all suck really badly. Ive been playing with ricky and john intesivley and our game is by far stepping up. When these FFA + ITEMS kids show up at dibbz, I ask to play and they wont let me b/c they say 1on1's are for noobs lolz....

Also Ever_power = Matt Stop calling me everpower at dibbz lol just call me matt or Ever.

Testament27

Smash Journeyman
we def need to put some anti noob devices on the tvs so those *******es dont show up and waste space.

that one ******* sat night had the nerve to tell me i couldnt get in a rotation. ****hole.

Mocha19

Smash Journeyman
Actually Matt, I've talked to Lee and Sudai about you. I hardly ever see you play whenever I go there. I just see you outside and that's it. What's with that?

Sudai

Stuff here
Yeah, Matt. I was kind of wondering too. Makes me kind of sad because only time I played you was forever ago at the tournament at someone's apartment. I figured it was either because of the wait in rotation or because of n00bs.

FakeGeorge

Smash Journeyman
So there's going to be another Late Night Arcade this Friday at the LSU Union, 10:00pm-2:00am. I'm looking at doing 1v1 best of 1 random stage (anything tourney legal at 3LT will be set to random for this).

-32 person double elimination, 3 stock, 4-5 minute time limit, sudden death for a tie breaker.

This stock/ time is a bit sketchy, either one may change due to time constraints.

This is a fairly casual event, so there is no entry fee. The winner has to play a game vs. the winners of other tournaments for what'll probably be a $20 giftcard or something like that. If any non-LSU people want to come, you have to be 18 or older. Then an LSU person can bring you as a guest (1 guest per student). So if you're interested in coming, let me know, and we'll work something out.

sHy)(gUy

Smash Ace
those noobs shouldnt be allowed to take up a t.v.

i wanna play john, i really enjoy playing him

im still enjoying brawl, the game is getting faster the more i play it, everyone wanting to go back to meele is dumb, brawl can be just as good as meele for tournaments. Im not saying meele shouldnt be played still cuz its a great game, but i believe there is room for both games in the smash community.

TheDownSyndromeKid

Smash Cadet
You may be reacting and getting used to lag more, making you go a bit faster, but Brawl seriously lacks technical skill.....it's ONLY a mindgame.

In Melee, no matter how smart you were, if both your hands and brain didn't move hella fast, you lose.

The skill gap between the mediocre, the good, and the best in the world is significantly smaller....so no...it won't be as competitive or as good for tournaments. I'm with you though, Brawl is great - I can enjoy the game with all you 1v1 no items, boring stages only tourney***s (since it doesn't require too much concentration) since those of ya'll I play with are the only cool smashers I managed to find 'round this place (mostly out of laziness) :lick:

Ever_Power

Smash Cadet
Lol Im sorry to make you sad Sudai :(

The main reason Is I can't stand waiting 7-8 rotations to play.

Now if you guys switched to teams with 2 man rotation out winning team stays on it will go much faster.

But yea mocha usually on the weekends im outside waiting for some guys to come and we always go out and drink =P

I'll be there this saturday night though if anyone comes again. I just can't stand the long rotation.

Yes you can reserve tv's.

sHy)(gUy

Smash Ace
theyre probly talking about how awsome u are. cuz talking about someone behind theyre back negativley is the lowest most pathetic human trait possible. Its whats wrong with the world today. And its how i live my life, fairness and nonjudgement... its also how i work and play poker, keep everyone in line so its a level playing field... and if u dont like me then we'll fight....in smash if i ever slip up i need to be checked.... welp, i guess everyone already knows thats how i am... im not saying i dont have my own bad traits but at least ive never gossiped about anyone in my entire life and never will amen.

Mocha19

Smash Journeyman
Basically nothing past what I said just there, Matt. We just asked Lee why you never went in and played even though we saw you earlier. Then I noticed that I never saw you play like the last 5 times I went, so I was like "Hmm.. That's strange.."

=P

-Ran

Smash Master
Our ability to keep a rotation sucks ***. It's a major turn off for me going to Dibbz when I do have the chance, because the rotation is constantly being altered. It's just, we need more TVs/Wiis, but there's always some casual group on the other side which prevents us from setting up properly. It's hard for the mediocre [such as myself] to get better, if I can only get in two or so matches of singles against -anyone.- For me to get a match in, it's either at Dibbz or with my friends [Casuals] that I destroy completely [which teach bad habits.]

Basically what is happening:
1. Rotation is set as people enter. Randomly someone is inserted into the order, once they ask if they can play.
2. After we get around seven or so players, someone forgets where they are, and starts to skip. The rotation begins to crumble.
3. Then, someone wants to do a Money match.
4. The Rotation is destroyed due to this, and lost into the abyss.
5. Then we try Rotation mode. [order is now completely different.]
6. Then someone wants to money match. [So since it's a best out of three... we kill rotation mode.]
7. Another new rotation is set after the match.

Granted, it's no worry to someone that wins all the time, but if you're trying to get better, chances are you're going to be skipped multiple times due to the rotation collapsing. My suggestion is that we switch over to using a notebook, and whenever someone comes in, they're added to the end of the list, and must wait for the full rotation to occur. It'd be far, far easier to maintain.

Hell, another option would be do like we used to do at arcades. Just put a quarter at the machine to hold your spot, except we could use our controllers for the order. =p

That's enough q.q'ing from me.

TheDownSyndromeKid

Smash Cadet
And this be why I never care to step foot into Dibbz. Sounds like a real headache.

Just get some phone numbers of the cool people, call 'em up...
"hey, whatcha doing? oh...playing with 6 other people, another time then, take care"
or
"hey, whatcha doing? oh, masturbating, I'll be there in 10 minutes...will you be done by then? if ....oh, me being on the phone helped you finish? well, that's just disturbing, be right there"

Sudai

Stuff here
How about all the people in NOLA just drive up to BR for some serious smash festage. We usually have a good 3 TV set-up. It's awesome. Though we need someone to host it.

*coughcoughwinkwink*

Edit: New awesome Yaichirou avatar ftmfw.

b13lion

Smash Apprentice
Anyone know when smashboards is going to put up there new avatars? I know they had a thread a couple weeks ago where anyone could post an avatar that they wanted to be taken into consideration and then they would pick X amount of the avatars out of the group.

Battousai780

Smash Ace
Our ability to keep a rotation sucks ***. It's a major turn off for me going to Dibbz when I do have the chance, because the rotation is constantly being altered. It's just, we need more TVs/Wiis, but there's always some casual group on the other side which prevents us from setting up properly. It's hard for the mediocre [such as myself] to get better, if I can only get in two or so matches of singles against -anyone.- For me to get a match in, it's either at Dibbz or with my friends [Casuals] that I destroy completely [which teach bad habits.]

Basically what is happening:
1. Rotation is set as people enter. Randomly someone is inserted into the order, once they ask if they can play.
2. After we get around seven or so players, someone forgets where they are, and starts to skip. The rotation begins to crumble.
3. Then, someone wants to do a Money match.
4. The Rotation is destroyed due to this, and lost into the abyss.
5. Then we try Rotation mode. [order is now completely different.]
6. Then someone wants to money match. [So since it's a best out of three... we kill rotation mode.]
7. Another new rotation is set after the match.

Granted, it's no worry to someone that wins all the time, but if you're trying to get better, chances are you're going to be skipped multiple times due to the rotation collapsing. My suggestion is that we switch over to using a notebook, and whenever someone comes in, they're added to the end of the list, and must wait for the full rotation to occur. It'd be far, far easier to maintain.

Hell, another option would be do like we used to do at arcades. Just put a quarter at the machine to hold your spot, except we could use our controllers for the order. =p

That's enough q.q'ing from me.
I totally agree. I personally think we should ask Dibbz to either get more TV's (small-medium sized would be great) or if we can bring our own or something.

Also, to matt, I DONT play when the newbs jack my wii. I "watch." I usually just sit there and do other thigns :chuckle:

TheDownSyndromeKid

Smash Cadet
The solution is clear....there needs to be more of ya'll than there are of them. Get a large group of tourney***s together, and when someone asks if they can get in on that, let them play one game....if they whine about no items or lame stages, tell them to get lost, if they refuse, falcon punch them....literally. Or if they suck, same process....1. verbal warning 2. irl falcon punch.

Sudai, when's the next time you're going to Dibbz? I think I may try and go with you next time around.

Ever_Power

Smash Cadet
At dibbz right now, No brawl players again.

someone bring a wii and $5 for the TV so we can play.

504-201-5725 is my number text me b/c im probably not gonna get back on smashboards since it lags, takes forever to load, has horrible bandwith usage.

Battousai780

Smash Ace
Dude..it's your Wii. Be like "**** you guys. We're playing the way I want to play or I'm taking my **** Wii and going home...F*CKADUCK!!!
I'll just challenge them to a 5 dollar money match or no matches at all. :]
When they lose, I'm sure they won't want to play again.

Yuna-Maria

Smash Ace
At dibbz right now, No brawl players again.

someone bring a wii and $5 for the TV so we can play.

504-201-5725 is my number text me b/c im probably not gonna get back on smashboards since it lags, takes forever to load, has horrible bandwith usage.
Yo, can you get there on Friday? I'm planning to be there and it'd be cool to play your beastly Mario a few times.
Btw, your av is hotness. Mario's like WTF!!!!!! HAX!

Battousai780

Smash Ace
You wont even money match me roflz
Thats because Im poor and you won't money match me for chump change like... a dollar. xD

(though in the end Id prolly do a bunch of money matches anyways and you'd make at least like 5 bucks, if you win that is.)

Top Bottom