• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Louisiana Thread: Flarefox Forever - We are alive.

D

Deleted member

copy and paste ftw...

6850 Veterans Memorial blvd
Metairie, La 70003
504-885-1274

For any question please contact myself (Patrick) at 504-655-2963

Games:
MvC2
GGAC
Super Smash Bros Brother

Myself will be running MvC2 & GGAC
Chris (Magneto_X) will be running Smash Brother

Smash Brother will begin first @ 1pm
MvC2 will follow @ 2pm
GGAC will start @ 3pm

Please everyone that will sign up for Smash Brothers be on time because that game take just as long as CvS2...

Super Smash Brother will ran on two big screen tv's see photo
http://www.dibbz.net/gallery/display...?album=7&pos=3

Entry Fee for all games:
$10

Prizes for all games:
1st place= 65%
2nd place= 20%
3rd place= 10%

For more info regarding location please see link:
http://www.dibbz.net/

Hope to see everyone there.....

Sudai

Stuff here
Vaughn, definitely. : )

Two smart players = win. That and I think our characters compliment eachother well. Hell, even if it weren't for those two things I'd do it out of sheer love for you~ : P

As for teams at 3LT. I vote Teams > FFA.

Yuna-Maria

Smash Ace
Vaughn, definitely. : )

Two smart players = win. That and I think our characters compliment eachother well. Hell, even if it weren't for those two things I'd do it out of sheer love for you~ : P

As for teams at 3LT. I vote Teams > FFA.
Teams are better than FFAs under ninety-five percent of circumstances.

FakeGeorge

Smash Journeyman
Well, we decided not to do teams for two reasons:

1. To make Singles better. Basically, time was an issue at LAST, and we did crappy 4 person pools. I'd like better pools myself, say 8 people per pool. We'll have 8 TVs for Brawl, which means 1 pool per TV. At 4-5 minutes a game, and maybe 2.5 games a match, we have 28 matches * 2.5 * (4 to 5) = 280 to 350 minutes = ~5 - 6 hours for pools alone. Then depending on time, a 32 or 16 person bracket which can take up to 3-4 hours, puts it at 8-10 hours for Singles alone. Where's the time for teams? FFA might be pushing it.

2. To get the casual smash players involved. Some people who wouldn't think about entering a standard tournament will enter this. Then maybe, just maybe, some of them will see that the game can be fun without items and crazy stages. Time is the biggest factor though.

I'd personally rather play in a team tournament as well, but it's FFA this time. Now unless FFA is crazy-successful (or there's still a time/ TV constraint), then I'd expect teams for the rest of forever after 3LT.

TheDownSyndromeKid

Smash Cadet
I had noticed that the entry fee was 10 bucks each at the LT tournament. So you don't have to do FFA if you don't want to but could still do singles. Is it impossible to do all 3? If time/resources permit, I think that'd be cool. I mean, no offense to the people here, but there might be others there who would be interested in FFA w/ items. I'm not sure it's worth 10 bucks, but if it was 5, this casual right here would jump for joy.

I miss playing FFA w/ items with my buds, and I've unfortunately not found a group here that does it.

FakeGeorge

Smash Journeyman
Well, I haven't completely ruled out $5 for FFA, so you still may be able to jump for joy. As for a FFA w/items group, I'm sure you'll find some like-minded people there. And yeah, there's no way to do all three, not this time.

TheDownSyndromeKid

Smash Cadet
If all 3 is impossible, then I'd say teams would definitely be the better choice....simply so I can blame that other guy for costing us the game when I suck so badly =p

Yuna-Maria

Smash Ace
Lobelia reporting live from Dibbz.
Someone get the hell over here and bring their Wii so I can get the tar beaten out of me in Brawl. SOMEONE. Preferably Ever_Power or Shyguy, I want to get schooled by the two number ones.

D

Deleted member

im not saying your math is wrong randall, but i think you're leaving out things that will be different this time. we almost finished both tournaments last time. i think the turn out will be around half as many people as it was for last. and running a 16 man bracket takes about 45 mins. and 32 = 1.5ish hours.
i think there will be plenty of time for teams, assuming we dont get more than 40ish people.
now, i could be extremely wrong and 100 little kids could show up. but assuming that like 20 knowledgeable players go, and 20 kids go; we could play teams.

i would love to wait till the day of the tournament to decide based on turnout.

Sudai

Stuff here
Vaughn's on his way to pick me up right now. Then we're heading straight for Dibbz.

As for 3LT. Teams or FFA, idc really. I'd prefer teams, but I understand the reasons behind FFAs. As said, I really don't care which happens, it's rather unimportant in my eyes.

Jackets

Smash Rookie
Lobelia reporting live from Dibbz.
Someone get the hell over here and bring their Wii so I can get the tar beaten out of me in Brawl. SOMEONE. Preferably Ever_Power or Shyguy, I want to get schooled by the two number ones.
two number ones?
when did this happen?

Smooth Criminal

Da Cheef
NNID
boundless_light
Brawl is pretty cool, but...

Haven't you guys had a hankering for nostalgia?

>.>; COME TO GA FOR AN AWESOME MELEE TOURNEY.

The East Coast's finest are gonna be there, as well as some of the most kickass Smashers in the midsouth/south. C'MON!

REPORT TO "THE BEST MELEE TOURNEY SINCE BRAWL CAME OUT" THREAD! (Don't bother clicking on my sig; in all of my year being on the SWF, I still haven't figured out how to combine links and pics.)

Smooth Criminal

FakeGeorge

Smash Journeyman
Well, looking at my bracket estimations, that was from doing LNA on 3 TVS, not 8. So maybe 2 - 2.5 hours to be safe. That means maybe 8 hours for it all. Considering this, teams might be feasible, depending on turnout. So here's my proposal:

1. Make a list of everyone on smashboards who's going to attend that votes teams. Keep this updated.

2. I'll see what Gary thinks, since we're doing this together. I'm pretty sure he knows a casual crowd, so it may that there is demand for FFA. However, we can compare the people he knows to the list from (1) while we try figuring things out.

3. If there is MUCH more demand for teams than FFA on the day of the tournament and a low turnout in general, then we can run teams then Singles. However, I am NOT guaranteeing that we'll do teams.

4. I do not want to sacrifice time (and thus quality) of Singles if I can help it. Though, if there is overwhelming support for teams, then I could do this.

I know that's vague and very iffy, but it seems fair to me, at least to start. Sound good?

Testament27

Smash Journeyman
good matches tonight fellas. got my *** worked so bad i prolly got a bloody condom hangin out my ***. i need to get better. see yall at dibbz tomorrow after hornets game.

Yuna-Maria

Smash Ace
good matches tonight fellas. got my *** worked so bad i prolly got a bloody condom hangin out my ***. i need to get better. see yall at dibbz tomorrow after hornets game.
Agreed, good games all around, especially Lee. I feel like such a bimbo though with what I said to him.
"I want to play you in Smash. I've never met you, but you have the aura of a good player."
*facepalm* What the hell, Lo-lo.....

-Ran

Smash Master
Anyone going to Dibbz tonight? I just learned that you can 'steal' lives again from your team mate in TDM.

Just hit A+B when you're dead.

Battousai780

Smash Ace
Lol@the match with Lee. Playing around with metaknight for the lose. xD
That was the worst match ever. I couldnt even see the TV and you killed yourself twice. heh
And fun matches with Matt. But Dibbz is kinda starting to get gay because whenever I walk in with a wii, it's like a newb magnet and I end up watching random people play FFA w/items for like an hour.

Yuna-Maria

Smash Ace
Lol@the match with Lee. Playing around with metaknight for the lose. xD
That was the worst match ever. I couldnt even see the TV and you killed yourself twice. heh
And fun matches with Matt. But Dibbz is kinda starting to get gay because whenever I walk in with a wii, it's like a newb magnet and I end up watching random people play FFA w/items for like an hour.
That pissed me off when I was there on Friday. These people were like "Yeah, we're playing Smash," so I wanted in. They were playing with Smash Balls on maximum, and their stage of the day was Flat Zone 2. Jesus I was pissed.

-Ran

Smash Master
The other people that play at Dibbz are the epitome of casual. They're always loud/rowdy and full of fail. q.q

Testament27

Smash Journeyman
you guys were there tonight? i def stopped in at 10 and these ffa dudes had one tv and would not let me play lol. i told him **** himself and left in disgust (forgot my own wii)

Sudai

Stuff here
Dibbz was fun. Once all the n00bs left and we started playing Mario Kart 64, **** was bouncin'. I got a few good matches while Lee fixing his contacts or doing other shiz.

It was awesome as hell to see Lee and Kyle again. Kyle, why don't we play more? Hardly ever see you. : (

The guy playing CFalc has the best CFalc I've seen in Brawl so far, but CFalc is still too easy. His recovery is horrible. : P Someone playing MK was pretty good, but needs to work on their pressure game a bit. That's all I really remember aside from playing Vaughn, Lee, and Kyle. Anyone remember playing a ghey ROB on Friday?

Oh, PS. I suck with names. Sorry guys~

sHy)(gUy

Smash Ace
Dibbz was fun. Once all the n00bs left and we started playing Mario Kart 64, **** was bouncin'. I got a few good matches while Lee fixing his contacts or doing other shiz.

It was awesome as hell to see Lee and Kyle again. Kyle, why don't we play more? Hardly ever see you. : (

The guy playing CFalc has the best CFalc I've seen in Brawl so far, but CFalc is still too easy. His recovery is horrible. : P Someone playing MK was pretty good, but needs to work on their pressure game a bit. That's all I really remember aside from playing Vaughn, Lee, and Kyle. Anyone remember playing a ghey ROB on Friday?

r u reffering to me? i was playing red metaknight and some pikachu. We won like 10 times in a row in teams.

im a forgetable noob lol

Battousai780

Smash Ace
Whenever I go I have to leave early like at 9:30 ish and I feel bad. Everyone uses my wii but then I have to take it with me and they have nothing left to play. :[

Sudai

Stuff here
Nah ShyG, you're not forgettable nor were you that Meta. I think it was a green Meta(not Lee's). We did do rather awesome in teams, but aside from that, me and you only played 2-3 times hence the lack of mention. Your Meta's approach was pretty solid though. As for your Pika, you learned fast that using thunder on ROB = Bad idea. Rotation reflection ftw.

sHy)(gUy

Smash Ace
lol, using anything on rob is a bad idea, actually just facing rob with anyone other than another rob is a bad idea, cuz robs way to toptieringly broken good.

toon link, metaknight, marth, ike pikachu, g&w,zelda and snake are all also good, but not robgood *tries not to turn this into a tier disscusion*

i still like pit more than a friend, and if no one in LA is going to play him i will

also no one was playing diddy kong who is also amazing. people need to stop playing samus and play more diddy

i know theres a buttload of people who play lucas....

-Ran

Smash Master
I find it amazing that anytime we do Teams, that Shyguy and I somehow end up together for the first few matches, despite out eternal battle of stealing each others chair the moment the other leaves to get a drink/set up a controller.

Testament27

Smash Journeyman

the falcon player was me sudai, and thank you for the compliment and the matches. Im still working on my skills with him as i would like to make him a viable character in brawl (no matter what ppl say) id like to make him my main

i know how hard the road ahead is, but im willing to travel it.

btw ur rob is awesome. ur def one of the top ppl ive played (including Lee of course).

Cyphus

BRoomer
BRoomer
houma had a tournament today w/ 26 people.
1st Lee, 2nd Cyph, 3rd Derek (lee's bro, whose gotten ALOT better)

derek (pikachu) almost beast me in winner's pool, and i had a solid lead in our loser's bracket match.
lee 1 stocked my DK and Lucas in winners w/ Ike, and then i didn't play as good and got 2 stocked w/ ice and DK in the grandfinals against his Ike.

was pretty fun, if he does it again, ya'll should come.

Testament27

Smash Journeyman
houma had a tournament today w/ 26 people.
1st Lee, 2nd Cyph, 3rd Derek (lee's bro, whose gotten ALOT better)

derek (pikachu) almost beast me in winner's pool, and i had a solid lead in our loser's bracket match.
lee 1 stocked my DK and Lucas in winners w/ Ike, and then i didn't play as good and got 2 stocked w/ ice and DK in the grandfinals against his Ike.

was pretty fun, if he does it again, ya'll should come.
indeed. i would have went but i had a research paper and a test coming up so i prepared today.
im yet to play you cyphus. u should try to make the dibbz practice sessions on friday or saturday this wknd

Yuna-Maria

Smash Ace
indeed. i would have went but i had a research paper and a test coming up so i prepared today.
im yet to play you cyphus. u should try to make the dibbz practice sessions on friday or saturday this wknd
This coming up weekend? Hell, count me in. I had some crazy, crazy fun with you guys!

Sudai

Stuff here
Cyphus, Lee told us about that tourney on Friday. You hoes need to give us some better notice! Kinda hard to convince my mom to let me drive 2 hours for a tournament when all I have is 2 days notice. x.x

Anyway..that's all gonna change soon. College ftw. Sadly, I'm going to LA Tech in Ruston which is like...7 hours from Houma. x.x I just keep getting further and further from you guys. Lol..actually.. I was talking to Vaughn on the way to Dibbz about how pissed I was when I found out you guys lived in Houma. I used to live in Hahnville..like..30 minutes from Houma, then I moved to BR and like 3 months later I find out you guys live in Houma...

Cyphus

BRoomer
BRoomer
i work on weekends. and more than 2 days notice to travel 2 hours is just sad, sudai. tell ur parents to grow up.

oh and for the first time since brawl came out...i put in MELEE. WOW i'm sucking....at first i was overwhelmed by the speed..but now i'm getting a lil used to it. My technical side is about half way recovered (after an hour of CPU lv1 training) but i can feel my spacing, mindgames, general knowledge on priority is waaaaaaaaaaaaaay off.
we all have time though....lets recover our melee skills and go to that GA tournament.

Top Bottom