• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Lagtastic Online Discussion Thread **Sephiroth for S-Tier**

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sucumbio

Smash Giant
Writing Team
people on f-smash.org are ****ing dumb. I was accused of using b-air too much AND MY CHARACTER IS KIRBY.

Srsly...
LOL I noticed you mention that elsewhere that must have really bugged you :p nah but yeah I agree it's kinda spammy/johnish with a lot of folks, you have to pretty much know someone before you play them to not risk getting involved in a spam fest.

kirby's bair is his best wall option, I can't imagine his game being successful without it. true I like to mix it up but for every fair I use 3 bairs. actually that's one of his neato combos... bair bair bair fair... or bair bair grab *cause they had to shield the 2nd bair* or... yeah the list is endless but they all include at least 2 bair's lol

Wolfang

Smash Journeyman
...idk, I've kinda been with the people of fsmash.org since it started. I'm sure you just had a bad experience. I don't think we are all dumb just because of one thing that happened. Sorry, hard to stay quiet.

A17

Smash Ace
NNID
Okrapaeli
I bought a Rocketfish LAN Adaptor a day ago, got to test it with some guy in Nebraska?

Hell it lagged more than it did it with using wifi. I just hope it was the guy and not me, then again i am running 40 ft of cable.

GreenFox

Smash Ace
Is it possible to play the game without any noticeable lag? I'm thinking about buying an adapter but I dont want to waste my money. I have a feeling no matter what I do there will be a butt load of lag.

Sucumbio

Smash Giant
Writing Team
only offline... online it really just depends... sometimes it can be virtually lagless matches, other times it's a tad laggy, and sometimes, it's horrendous. there are a multitude of factors affecting lag in online brawl it's really just a gamble no matter what you do. :ohwell:

BSP

Smash Legend
people on f-smash.org are ****ing dumb. I was accused of using b-air too much AND MY CHARACTER IS KIRBY.

Srsly...
Not everyone is like that, just a bad experience. I guess that's one thing the rankings can be used for...you can expect a more serious match from the higher ranked people...but dont turn people down because of rank.

On a different note

I really like brawl, and i really like using sonic too, but i despise using him online, even though he's my favorite. I mean, i was playing with some friends (they arent as serious as me though) and sonic feels like a totally different character when he actually responds to your commands on time. Plus, you can actually do a spindash combo (pretty strong too, like 28% if you finish with fair) No projecile/lasting hitboxes really hurts when you play online....

The point: online plays differently, but we knew that already lol

Sucumbio

Smash Giant
Writing Team
Too many dam threads are locked on this board.
LOL yeah. This board got devastated when it got all moderated up, and then they disappeared. At least Chaco's back to do the dirty work again, but it really stunted the growth of this board in the first place. Wifi discussion threads all but vanished, what happened to Nysarc? or whatever his name was >< bad memory is bad.

highfive

Smash Lord
Sup? I play wifi and I now will post in the Brawl Online General Discussion.

And why does this have more mods then the Jigglypuff boards?

Xivii

caterpillar feet
NNID
HBC
lol have to keep up her the game! I feel more comfortable with her than anyone online and off. Sure my other characters win more but Jiggy is pure quality. Its much more satisfying winning with her. In offline tourneys I usually go 90% puff.

highfive

Smash Lord
I'm not good with Jiggs in serious matches. I just use here in friendlies. Her air game is all I like but sadly there are characters who do it better.

A17

Smash Ace
NNID
Okrapaeli
cough * MK cough*

Is anyone using a LAN Adaptor for Brawl? I would be pleased to see how "lagless" a game would be with 2 lan users. Am available 7 hours from when i made this post.

Xivii

caterpillar feet
NNID
HBC

highfive

Smash Lord
I'm against Nehazerade so I have no clue if I'll win or lose. Can't risk using Puff against someone I don't even know.

Sucumbio

Smash Giant
Writing Team
is it just me... the more topics get locked due to being "my connection bl0ze halp!" or what not, the more they seem to spawn??? I mean literally do people even bother READING the forum topics before posting? It's not like there's 20 pages of threads, lol there's... one.

><

It's worse than pop-up spam.

</rant>

PK-ow!

Smash Lord
Has anyone else found that wifi is getting even worse lately?

Without warning I get disconnected "from other players." Sometimes without being connected to other players yet. Or without having done anything yet but connect.

I am seeing more Error Code 91010.

There's times when you're playing a game on With Anyone, and you have one or two games and they're fine, and then in the Waiting Room it times out for the full minute when you're all ready, and drops you.
EDIT: Or it starts the match seemingly fine, but then drops you at the first moment in play. Funny to watch the 3..2..1 countdown still get drawn behind the notice window... o_0

Even stranger, has anyone had this, seemingly new occurrence, where you'll be in With Anyone, and the fourth person will enter, but then only two players will switch to "Brawling...", and then always, but only after an excruciating 60 seconds, two players get dropped, one of them usually being you?

It's like it takes the game a minute to realize it dropped you; you know it will happen but it doesn't happen yet.

Side note: Funniest thing that ever happened was I tried to drop out of one of those ****ty games where game time is proceeding at one second every two minutes, and while trying to drop, I couldn't before I was disconnected.

BSP

Smash Legend
tl dr, with anyone isn't reliable.

And yes, it is starting to get worse...

Once you play offline, online kinda loses its flare...I find it so different now.

bobson

Smash Lord
Even stranger, has anyone had this, seemingly new occurrence, where you'll be in With Anyone, and the fourth person will enter, but then only two players will switch to "Brawling...", and then always, but only after an excruciating 60 seconds, two players get dropped, one of them usually being you?

It's like it takes the game a minute to realize it dropped you; you know it will happen but it doesn't happen yet.
This's been going on for awhile. I'm not sure what causes it, but I'd imagine it's either something like the server misinterpreting whether you're in a match or not or a glitch caused by a hacker using the more-than-one-player-in-With-Anyone code and taking up more "slots" than are available.

Fijoe

Smash Journeyman
Every time I start Wifi I have to sit in the Waiting Room for 5 minutes and get disconnected before I can actually find anyone. And if I do find anyone, the game often freezes suddenly, and I get disconnected after sitting there for 3 minutes. Not to mention the terrible lag and the fact that 1v1s are practically impossible to find on With Anyone. And all the noobs who spam ftilt or specials and don't know wtf they're doing. And all the terrible items and stages. And the fact that it literally takes over an hour JUST to be the host so my codes can work. :mad:

BSP

Smash Legend
lol the other day, I entered basic brawl, found three oppponents, and got DC'd once the fight started. I re enter, find two, then the third comes, and we desynch and I get DC'd again. Next, I get on, wait about 5 min, then get disconnected.......

Chaco

Never Logs In
Yeah, I'm still here, I just actually haven't looked much at this thread figuring it would be okay. Wrong.

Knubs.

ナブ Paquito.
Not very active in these boards . Just a bunch of people posting connection problems/match requests. Lol. Not sure what you can do here though. >.0

highfive

Smash Lord
Chaco is a mod here? I didn't even know this place had a mod.

And does anyone else have problems connecting to a different country? I've been having trouble connecting to Austria, etc.

Chaco

Never Logs In
This place is like pretty much abandoned. I don't think it should even exist. I came out of mod tirement just to lock threads when needed.

Xivii

caterpillar feet
NNID
HBC
Yeah it has always failed. Personally I think it should be made into a casual online room. Fight Arena and everything. Maybe make the "serious discussion" a sub-forum.

highfive

Smash Lord
I feel this place has a lot of potential. This would be great for a place where people can chat about their brawls instead of spamming up the new new members arena. That place rarely ever gets a person who asks for a brawl. It's more of a spam pit.

Zair Hidamaru

Smash Journeyman
Is it just me, or the items have been upgraded so much, it's guaranteed to at least give you one death to your opponent???

Also, anybody besides me hates computers that randomly go into an online battle?!?!

Dark 3nergy

Smash Hero
NNID
Gambit.7
3DS FC
4313-0369-9934
Switch FC
SW-5498-4166-5599
this blue ddd/green pt/orange wario/pink wario hacker is fun to play with

finally someone that knows how to c stick aerials

Knubs.

ナブ Paquito.
Is it just me, or the items have been upgraded so much, it's guaranteed to at least give you one death to your opponent???

Also, anybody besides me hates computers that randomly go into an online battle?!?!
The random computer can get annoying when you are trying to 1v1 someone.
Back in the day, I've only managed to get a 1v1 with anyone once or twice.

Teams are the only thing I like with anyone. Its a bit less chaotic.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom