• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Lagtastic Online Discussion Thread **Sephiroth for S-Tier**

Status
Not open for further replies.

~Pink Fresh~

Smash Master
Lmao. Wow. I didn't notice that. Welll. Once the rest of my wins are updated he'll definitely get another huge boost. ^_^

Oh! and... Where are my jetboots!?! :mad: Ugg got a pair. No fair. Hmph.

Sucumbio

Smash Giant
Writing Team
about lag affected characters ok there's this move that prolly has a name lol but it's mk's up b if you do it from say, a platform or the ground and there's no obstacles and you hit d right away he plummets pretty much right back down to where he jumped from but if you hit A right before he lands it cancels as if he'd done an a attack but you don't have to wait for anything as his sword doesn't have time to come out... and you can up b again... imagine if kirby could attack out of up b... so yeah i've chained like, 5 with varying heights of A sometimes none (right before he lands) sometimes half way that one's nifty... but yeah NEWAY this move is much easier offline cause the timing never changes. but on wifi it's like... well this worked just a second ago but NOW it's not... meh. so is this move like, necessary to MK?

LuCas23332

Smash Journeyman
I quit brawl like last year, and now I came back to ask if wi-fi brawl online still give delay in matches? like 1-2 second delay or is it instant reaction when we press buttons now?

SuSa

Banned via Administration
There will always be delay......... that's how online play works. <_<

I should start doing the online tourneys here gain and bring Snake waaaay above the top:
Aib Record atm:
Rank Score Games Wins Losses Win% Streak Best
37th 1857 92 84 8 .913 26 wins 26 wins

Knubs.

ナブ Paquito.
There will always be delay......... that's how online play works. <_<

I should start doing the online tourneys here gain and bring Snake waaaay above the top:
Aib Record atm:
Rank Score Games Wins Losses Win% Streak Best
37th 1857 92 84 8 .913 26 wins 26 wins
Haha, that's a lot of AiB time. Well, most people still do more, but that's a quite amount of time you put that season. Snake has always been at the top of the tourneys here and pretty far ahead than the others. You can probably help make Snake the MK of Anko's character rankings. lol

Nysyarc

Last King of Hollywood
NNID
Nysyarc
3DS FC
1075-0983-2504
Lol, that is a good point. I'm pretty sure the SBR couldn't care less about Wi-Fi though; just a hunch :p

I guess the real question is... what use would a WiFi tier list actually serve? In fact, what use does the Brawl tier list serve for that matter? Sure it organizes the characters neatly so we can all see how awesome Meta-Knight and Snake are. But really, there aren't too many players who play a character just because that character is top-tier. A lot of players played top-tier characters before they were top-tier. Y'know?

I think the tier-list is just a meaningless statistical index spawned from our innate attraction to organized data and our human curiosity to know the facts. But that's just me ;)

:034:

Dark 3nergy

Smash Hero
NNID
Gambit.7
3DS FC
4313-0369-9934
Switch FC
SW-5498-4166-5599
I'm confused about the AiB ladder thing.
>.>

Well...one thing to start is...
Is it good?

Depends on who you fight really

read up on their ladder score and especially the comments made by other players that should be good indication if they're a spammer/good player

Nysyarc

Last King of Hollywood
NNID
Nysyarc
3DS FC
1075-0983-2504
Is it just me, or is this thread heavily neglected in favor of the taunt party and annoying players threads? I would post here more often but nobody else does, and I don't really like those specific-topic threads.

We need a plan. This thread needs to somehow become the only medium of useless (and some useful) discussion and all other threads that are created need to have some kind of value in the OP if they are to survive. Take the Ike boards for example, we have one thread for everything. The only new threads that are made are by newcomers asking about something (which they could just ask in our 'everything' thread) or an occasional match-up discussion.

Xivii

caterpillar feet
NNID
HBC
I agree that usless posts should be directed and regulated into a single place but at the same time we still need to keep the board active. If we get rid of all the other threads then it wouldn't be much of a forum.

Nysyarc

Last King of Hollywood
NNID
Nysyarc
3DS FC
1075-0983-2504
True, but the problem is that right now the only three active threads are useless ones with very specific topics. They don't even encourage much discussion, it's usually just each new person coming in to give their two cents after just reading the OP and so on and so forth.

Nysyarc

Last King of Hollywood
NNID
Nysyarc
3DS FC
1075-0983-2504
Yah well, we can give it time I guess. But I mean, seven days without a post in the general discussion thread? I couldn't name one other board that goes more than a few hours without a post in their social thread. Although maybe someone else can, I dunno.

Nysyarc

Last King of Hollywood
NNID
Nysyarc
3DS FC
1075-0983-2504
Lol, failsauce. Just type it up. You officially win the race to finish it with a time of approximately 600 hours :psycho:

Xivii

caterpillar feet
NNID
HBC
~_^ very well.

What do you consider the reason you play brawl? How about online? To entertain? To improve? To win? etc...

Dracospawn

Smash Journeyman
I could tell you that but then I'f have to...ummmm
I play brawl cause its a really fun, wild game with tons of crossovers and different characters. I go online for a challenge cause I'm tired of fighting CPUs on lvl 9. No challenge anymore. I look for hard epic battles online sometimes I find some, or I just find a couple of noobs who present no challenge what so ever. Either way, online what I spend most of my time on, the rest is CPU brawls and mini games.

Xivii

caterpillar feet
NNID
HBC
I play brawl cause its a really fun, wild game with tons of crossovers and different characters. I go online for a challenge cause I'm tired of fighting CPUs on lvl 9. No challenge anymore. I look for hard epic battles online sometimes I find some, or I just find a couple of noobs who present no challenge what so ever. Either way, online what I spend most of my time on, the rest is CPU brawls and mini games.
haha you sound good. You should try and enter some tournies. Offline and Online.
So I made the AiB Playoffs for Singles. It starts on the (10th?)

My sister happens to be coming out form the 10th to the 24th so I may not be able to play.

Discuss on my poor luck?
Why wouldn't you be able to?

Sucumbio

Smash Giant
Writing Team
congrats, susa that rocks. I was in the ladder but definitely not close to the level required to make it to the finals, good show. I think she'll understand if you are absent her first day there so you can play video games ^^; ugh I feel for ya her trip's timing could have been better. Well on the bright side, there's more ladders coming and if you made it that far this time you should have a good chance of making it again maybe even having a better record and being even more epic an opponent!

Sucumbio

Smash Giant
Writing Team
wow... just, wow. ha! 110-10 ... phenomenal.. I was like 0-3 before I decided I'm gonna practice 1 vs 1 a LOT more before I even try joining the ladder again lol

SuSa

Ladder finds good fights, even if you lose a lot it's still worth it because you'll improve.

I'm playing Sheik for the short ladder, only like 4-2 right now. Haven't decided to play it much.

Xivii

caterpillar feet
NNID
HBC
I would join. But it sounds really time consuming. I joined one of them once before but I didn't play much. And I lost half the matches I played so it was always like 3-3, 8-8, 15-15...

SuSa

It is time consuming... I only did 120 matches for a badge, an attempt at a badge (50 win streak, CPU (from SoCal) broke it at 39 :/) and to get into the playoffs (which now is sorta ****ed)

Xivii

caterpillar feet
NNID
HBC
Goodness, remind me never to play you ._. lol.

On the bright side you get to hang out with your lovely sister for a couple of weeks =]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom