• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

~// The Hawaii Thread \\~ V2.0

Darkmusician

Smash Master
You can't start what they don't allow though. You'll have to go down and ask them. It wouldn't hurt to gather interest first.

misterbee180

Smash Apprentice
Hey Hawaii people. My name is Mick and I just got back on the islands, after chillin out at WSU for a semester of schoolin. I am friends w/ dstycube and shumpenpo if any of you know them. Supposibably they've been postin up over here for a bit. Anyways, I'm looking for a bunch of good people to play with. I'd say I dont like to brag but all my friends know differently. I have an amazing Gannon and I would like to test him out against a few of you. I live in Waipio so if any one wants to play, any time this week or for the next 3 months, post and I'll be down to play, assuming we dont live too far away.

Darkmusician

Smash Master
Hey Hawaii people. My name is Mick and I just got back on the islands, after chillin out at WSU for a semester of schoolin. I am friends w/ dstycube and shumpenpo if any of you know them. Supposibably they've been postin up over here for a bit. Anyways, I'm looking for a bunch of good people to play with. I'd say I dont like to brag but all my friends know differently. I have an amazing Gannon and I would like to test him out against a few of you. I live in Waipio so if any one wants to play, any time this week or for the next 3 months, post and I'll be down to play, assuming we dont live too far away.
Go to smashbroshawaii.com and register in the forums, and once you do post in the pre registration section and introduce yourself. This is our new site and you can check out all of the happenings. We have smash fests and tournaments along with power rankings and video/character discussions.

There is a BBQ fest this week Thursday and on the 25th of this month we will be holding our second monthly power ranking by UH Manoa. And yeah we all know Tony and Blaise. They be regulars at our tournaments. Great guys really. :]

LaughingMan

Smash Apprentice
I live in Waipio so if any one wants to play, any time this week or for the next 3 months, post and I'll be down to play, assuming we dont live too far away.
Man, you livin' on the wrong island. Why don't you just move to Oahu already? Do it for the good of your smashing career :p

lukass64

Smash Rookie
****it you people, read what I wrote. Or just read this **** post, it's finally up, the May 10th Event.

Just bring $20 and your skillz. (membership and entree fee)

This isn't exactly a Smash only thing but there will be Brawl casuals the whole time and a tournament as long as 8 people show up. There will be tournaments for the other games too.
If you guys know who Shoyo is, he'll be there too. I'm going to have him bring his Melee and hopefully Jeff won't mind.

Aloha everybody!

I just wanted to formally announce the next event in our regular season!

"A Day Of Console Gaming!"

Date: Saturday, May 10th AND May 24th.

Place: Netwerx Internet & Games (1423 Kapiolani Boulevard, 2nd Floor - Between Pet's Discount Warehouse & The Ala Moana Office Building)
http://maps.google.com/maps?hl=en&ie...,0.007231&z=17
Time: 2:00 p.m. - 11:00 p.m.

The capcom tournament games will all be run on 4 TV's (20" CRT) We will be holding tournaments concurrently, so if you sign up for say Smash and GG you have to run back and forth. This is so we can move through the tourneys faster. Also remember that at least 8 people must register for a tournament to take place. Smash brothers will be on Netwerx LCD.

When we get to COD 4, whatever TVs are left over will be for casual play for you guys, I want to get some matches in myself and learn a thing or two.l

Tournaments can be held for the following games:

- Capcom vs. SNK 2 (PS2)
- Guilty Gear XX Accent Core (PS2)
- Marvel vs. Capcom 2 (Sega Dreamcast)
- Naruto: Ultimate Ninja 3 (PS2)** (if quota reached)
- Street Fighter III: 3rd Strike (PS2)
- Super Smash Bros. Brawl (Wii)
- Mario Kart WII (Wii)
- Call of Duty 4 (XBOX 360)*

* A team tournament can also be held for this game (2 man teams on own screen.) So, an additional quota of at least eight teams has been set. Otherwise its 8 people free for all.

** A tournament quota of at least twenty players has been set for this game.

Entry Fees
League Members: $10 per tournament
Non-League Members: $15 (see Membership Special.)

MEMBERSHIP SPECIAL: New League Members receive a 50% discount price for their first tournament. (which means, you join the league and you get to enter your first tournament for a total of $20)

NOTE: This membership card entitles you to attend all league events, and also gives you a 5% discount on game purchases at VG addict in nimitz center.

In order to complete the day's event on schedule, the tournaments are being held concurrently. League members who remain at the venue until the end of the event are also asked to assist in the breakdown/cleanup process. Competitors are also encouraged to bring their own peripherals (controllers and/or arcade sticks) to the event. Please check with league staff upon arrival for last-minute changes and tournament information.

TIME TABLE

2pm SSBB and GG AC
4pm CVS 2 and (Mario Kart Wii if turnout)
6pm 3s and MVC 2
730 or 8 COD 4

Members can now pre-register for a tournament featuring the games listed above. Please send an e-mail with a list of the tournaments you'd like to be entered in, along with your contact information (including name, e-mail address and/or phone number) to hawaiivideogamingleague@yahoo.com. You then pay any applicable fees on the day of the event.

Winnings= cash, prizes.

Please visit our forum if you have any other questions. Look under local groups.

http://cgoh.20.forumer.com

Sincerely,
Jeff Young, Commissioner of the HVGL.

more info:
http://cgoh.20.forumer.com/viewforum.php?f=18
http://www.myspace.com/hawaiivideogamingleague

Fefnir Cerveau

Smash Lord
Haha, yeah this place sucks. What time should we go? I'm not completely sure I can make it, but I probably can. I really want them to do a melee tourny, even if it's small. If it's melee, I'm fine with single elimination.

kinming

Smash Rookie
awesome. iʻve been trying to find a group of smashers on the island for forever. do we bring our own controllers? what are the rules for the brawl tournaments?

you guys should definitely get in touch with the people that did the Tetris Cup here at UH. That was awesome. if you can do something like that but with brawl, thatʻd be amazing.

also, if anyone lives at the UH dorms, a hardcore group of 5 are looking for other smashers out there.

aim: kevynkinming

lukass64

Smash Rookie
@kinming
The rules right now are by popular vote. As long as 8 people show up for a tournament. The last event had only 6 people for brawl so they might let 6 people enter. It's usually 2 loss elimination.

Go here Shoyo:
http://www.smashbroshawaii.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=32&t=324

As for controllers, I don't even know why people ASK, it's obvious, there's controllers there but WHAT IF THEY DON'T WORK? Then you're stuck with a crappy controller right? Ask yourself that question.

go to www.smashbroshawaii.com NOW! I post on this Thead so I can catch the people who don't know about that smashbroshawaii. We want all Hawaii smashers there so we know everyone posting there is from hawaii.

uremog

Smash Ace
yeah! i'm gonna jump on that hawaiismash thing and i'll try to make it out on the 22nd now that i'm back

FlowinWater

Smash Champion
I am down to Smash, you guys play Melee right?

I'm in Oahu, Kaneohe bay to be exact. I'm pretty good.

HOLLA

N1c2k3

Smash Lord
Flowin! This ***'s the original beast, save Dave. But still, good to see you still around and Melee'ing. Thank you for your service, as well. We're all indebted. Hope you have a good trip and safe travels...

armalite

Smash Rookie
Ah, a Hawaii thread. Exactly what I've been looking for since I've been on these boards. Sup, I'm from Maui but I'm going to school on Oahu. Well it seems as though most of you guys are on Oahu, so thats cool. I'm on Maui for the summer and I'll be coming back to Oahu once schools starts again. I've lurked these boards for quite some time now and finally decide to join.

Sadly I can't make it to the tournament at the end of the month and it sucks because I really wanted to go, seems like this will be the biggest smash event for awhile but hopefully I'll get the chance to play with some of guys when I get back on Oahu, and if there is anyone on Maui on these boards let me know so we can throw some smashfests over here!

TerenceLau

Smash Ace
a lof of the hawaii players don't use smashboards anymore, so go sign up for smashbroshawaii.com/forums . it's for all of us in the state of hawaii, and we do have a couple of people from maui on our forum. if you go to school in oahu, then you can smash with us regularly.

Leoneri

Smash Ace
Hey guys, haven't talked you all in a long time. So do you not use this thread anymore, you use the smashbroshawaii site?

armalite

Smash Rookie
It's been about two days since I registered and I'm still waiting for an activation e-mail. Should I re-do it or just wait?

Darkmusician

Smash Master
Did you post in the pre-registration thread? It's required for everyone to post there so that we can weed out the bots/programs/search engines etc.

Since you bothered to ask though I'll just go ahead and activate you now. But post there anyways.

armalite

Smash Rookie
I want to so badly. I mean when will there ever be a smash event like this again in Hawaii? But I can't afford to travel back to Oahu right now. I'm not going back until school starts up again, maybe I hope I get to play with some of you guys then.

Top Bottom