• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

~// The Hawaii Thread \\~ V2.0

Ping_Ping

Smash Ace
ALOHA!!!!!​
Hello everyone and welcome to the new Hawaii thread
For those of you who are new / taking a vacation / moved to hawaii and want to meet up with smashers heres a good place to look. We already started building up a smash community here in the islands and we want you to join our little community ^^.

PEOPLE IN CHARGE:
<>Jose aka Tenyear(owner of the establishment)
<>Franklin aka Ping Ping(me)

JOSE'S HOUSE OF SMASHFEST
Every other Friday a smashfest is held at Jose's garage (unless we say its canceled due to some of us working) from 6:00pm - 11:00pm (we may end it earlier).

KAPOLEI, HI 96707-2625
HELPFUL MAP:
http://maps.yahoo.com/index.php#q1=...f=0&mvt=m&lon=-158.065946&lat=21.345105&mag=3

The smashfests are mostly friendlies but sometimes we do mix it up and do friendly tournies (we calls it the V8 CHALLENGE) and few crew battles etc. SSBM is not the only game we play here, a few of us also have a PSP and or a DS LITE. Bring yours along to have some multi player fun (PSP usually plays Monster Hunter or Tekken while DS we play from tetris to Mario Kart). For food and drinks we usually provide and we also pull money from you guys to get pizzas or something. If you have a way to get the Kapolei Shopping Center there is a lot of fast food joints from McDonalds, Jack n Box, Taco Bell, LnL, Panda's Express, Jamba Juice, Starbucks etc. Just ask us for directions on were these establishments are. ^^

GENERAL RULES
1. Smoking is allowed
2. Swearing is allowed
3. No alchohol
4. No fights please (we will call cops and you will be banned)
5. Try to keep the volume to a minimum especially when it gets late into the night

Smoking is allowed but try and smoke outside of the garage so you don't bother other people. It gets really loud (espcially me, nick, scott, and adrian) but thats just how we are. There's also a few trash talkers so don't get mad or offended on what people, cause again that's just how they are. We are basically all friends here b^^d.

DONT HAVE A WAY TO GET HERE?
Depending on where you live, we can give rides to and from your house, im more than happy to give a ride so that I know you get home safely (dont want parents to be mad and stuff coming home late etc.)

the drivers are:

<> Franklin (Ping Ping) *town etc
<> Bobby (Darkmusician) *town etc
<> Dexter (Anubis) *central Oahu Wahiawa / Mililani Area
talk to one of us if you need a ride OR if you can help us by being one of the drivers

Other Places We Play At:
University of Hawaii At Manoa / Musical Deparment Buidling at the Corner of University Ave. and Dole St. :
http://maps.google.com/maps?ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8&hl=en&tab=wl&q=
Person In Charge: Bobby

Tom's House:
http://maps.yahoo.com/index.php#mvt...olei&trf=0&lon=-158.06586&lat=21.330515&mag=3
Person In Charge: Tom

Dex's House:
http://maps.yahoo.com/#mvt=m&q1=133...6786&trf=0&lon=-158.017575&lat=21.51263&mag=1
Person In Charge: Dex

HELPFULL LINKS:
the old hawaii general talk thread:
http://smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=52970

Hawaii player finder V1.0:
http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=86931

Hawaii player finder V2.0 (most recent and up to date)
http://smashboards.com/showthread.ph...29#post2412529

QUESTIONS AND CONCERNS:
any questions or concerns post here or get a hold of me (Franklin)

COME!!! HAVE FUN!!!! ENJOY!!!!​

Darkmusician

Smash Master
Tadaima****a!!! =D

Is anybody free next week before friday? I really really want to play when I get back!!! I've been watching nothing but MLG vids and my Zelda is getting really really blood thristy! >=D

So if anyone wants to come to UH in the afternoon *looks at Frankie* or in the evening *looks at Matt and Shoyo* lemme know. lolz

I am never leaving home without my Wii ever again. -_-

Edit: Wow, my japanese got censored. lolz

Oh and good job on the new thread Frankie! This'll make thing a whole lot easier. ^_^

Ping_Ping

Smash Ace
hahaha ya it does if people post questions on were is jose's house.... we can just say...

"go to the first page"

lol but ya besides that thread was getting way to long lol

AnubisGX

Smash Journeyman
hey frankie, make my pick up area to central oahu.
I thinks that's like wahiawa, mililani ish area. And other places near there.

Darkmusician

Smash Master
Yeah that would be good.

Oh and Tom, where exactly is the tournament that happens on the 31st? I'll probably be picking people up before going down, and I don't know Mililani too well.

Fefnir Cerveau

Smash Lord
Weee~ nice thread ya made thar Frankie. Looks like it has everything, but we could add the semi-smashfests at Dex's or UH like Terence said.

Anyway, props. b d <--Two thumbs up

Oshiro

Smash Journeyman
If its not too early, and I have a ride there, I might be able to go, although, the chances of me going are slim. Prom is the day before :ohwell:

Leoneri

Smash Ace
Hmm, when's the next one, I doubt i'll be able to go ever though, because my parents probably arent going to give me a ride to people I don't know, and probably won't want me taking a ride :/. But if you guys are continuing these around 9/12/2009-2010 when i'm 16 and can drive myself i'll try to make it ^^.

TerenceLau

Smash Ace
Hmm, when's the next one, I doubt i'll be able to go ever though, because my parents probably arent going to give me a ride to people I don't know, and probably won't want me taking a ride :/. But if you guys are continuing these around 9/12/2009-2010 when i'm 16 and can drive myself i'll try to make it ^^.
wow you are probably the youngest smasher we will ever meet. i think tom is the youngest among us right now. so if you are 16 at 2010 tom will be 18/19 by then... and most of us will hit the 20s already... dam

Fefnir Cerveau

Smash Lord
Haha, yeah. I wonder what that'll be like...
Pro SSBBer! Nah, but I need to play that thing already. Few more months!

And I forgot to answer Bobby in the last post. Sorry~
Anyway, I'm probably open all week, so we can smash anytime.

I just checked Tom's link, but I couldn't find the date. Isn't it March 31st though?
And the prizes seem to range from:
1st place: Wii-Xbox360-$40
2nd: Mostly $50-$20
3rd: $25-$10

Those were the ones I saw. The dashes represent the ranges. I want a Wii!

FireFly

Smash Lord
lol im the youngest and the best (no sarcasm)

im eliminating you from the tourney shoyo

Kib0U

Smash Journeyman
hmm... i miss playing smash. its so much fun ****... what am i doing with my life... im only 17 and i work like f***ing 30+ hours a week....

...i love the money though. dude shoyo was fun this fryday, was it fryday that you came down yea it was... yea dude **** sapace animals... haha its kool though it sucked though that team battle and there was like no friendly fire and u kept shooting the **** falco laser haha. oh well i was planning to quit working after i got my car but dam... o welll well not quit but cut back on hours cause i still need to pay for inshurance and shizz... well still no car... my link is fatttttttt cant WD anymore only play once a month omg seriously i work to much for i kid in highschool... so my smash life is about like 95.2681213% dead just wondering shoyo ya wanna go bowling or any of you guys wanna go bowling fryday night? o wait you guys got smash fest at jose house but we prolly going be bowwling late like 12 anywayz so yea ill be playwith some heavyballs ate aiea

Darkmusician

Smash Master
Yes good good! Fight amongst yourselves and knock eachother out! Ohohohoho!!!

Nah nah just jokes. Well I'm back home. Planes sux. Period. I owe my friend big time. He gave me 70 episodes of bleach to watch and I watched them in less then 48 hours. Pretty cool aint I? ^^

I am going to take out all of my waiting on my crew tomorrow. I'm gonna four stock all of them! I'll work on four stocking all of you guys in like....a few years. For now I'll just settle for a win. lolz @_@

TerenceLau

Smash Ace
hmm... i miss playing smash. its so much fun ****... what am i doing with my life... im only 17 and i work like f***ing 30+ hours a week....

...i love the money though. dude shoyo was fun this fryday, was it fryday that you came down yea it was... yea dude **** sapace animals... haha its kool though it sucked though that team battle and there was like no friendly fire and u kept shooting the **** falco laser haha. oh well i was planning to quit working after i got my car but dam... o welll well not quit but cut back on hours cause i still need to pay for inshurance and shizz... well still no car... my link is fatttttttt cant WD anymore only play once a month omg seriously i work to much for i kid in highschool... so my smash life is about like 95.2681213% dead just wondering shoyo ya wanna go bowling or any of you guys wanna go bowling fryday night? o wait you guys got smash fest at jose house but we prolly going be bowwling late like 12 anywayz so yea ill be playwith some heavyballs ate aiea
true that
i already quit my job. not for smash tho. but at least i get to have fun again.

Fefnir Cerveau

Smash Lord
Whoot Bryan! You friggin crazy guy, wrote one essay with horrible grammar.
He's lying! His Link wasn't wavedashing, but it was like the best Link I fought in a while. Watch out bullehs! Anyway, get a car already!
I might go on after the smashfest if can. Any of you guys going this time?

Welcome backs Bobby~
Congrats on your accomplishment. I'm open for this week except maybe Saturday if we get one dodgeball again, so tell me whenever.

FireFly

Smash Lord
ok ok frankie just called me about the tourney.

Registration is at playntrade at mililani
The tourney is on 24th NOT the 31st (my bad)

basic 4 stock 8 min matches

MONTHLY TOURNEY

Ping_Ping

Smash Ace
kk the info for the mililani tourny

PLAY N TRADE:
Date:
March 24 starts at 10:30 AM ends at whenever they get it done. Try and be there before 10 though because the store opens at 10 but there gonna set up, we mite have a lil smash practice before hand there or eat breakfast etc.
Honolulu, HI 96789
Basically its the shopping center with the Movie Theater, its by fun factory Savers area.
Entry Fee:
$10 but they will lower it to $5 if you bring in 2 games to trade in

RULES
Basic Tourny Style:
<> 4 stock 8 mins
<> no items
<> best of 3 best of 5 during finals
<> stages include Final D, Yoshi Story, Kirby 64, Poke S, Fountain i think they didnt have battlefield
<> depending on how much ppl show up its either single or double elimination

Prizes:
again it depends on how much ppl that show up. Its going to be either cash or store credit, probly be store credit tho which i dont mind.... i wants me a wii lol.

like tom said there gonna try to do it a monthly thing which can be good and bad. I dont want it like in the long run only us going to the tourny you kno? ya me and nick went to mililani today and the enviroment was nice, brings back the good livewire days >.> please come to this tourny there were already smack talkers in the store today... me and nick put up a lil demo fights at the store console (stock characters) and yes they were watching lol.

OPEN DISCUSSION!!!!!
rides
store location
etc.

l

FireFly

Smash Lord
**** nick scaring people away with his mad skills.

too bad i dont live in mililani then like tournament day i pop out of nowhere and win the tourney

AnubisGX

Smash Journeyman
I have to wait to sign up, I don't know if I work that saturday or not.
Gosh darn it.

Yeah, and I hope it's not just us. That would be so gay!

Darkmusician

Smash Master
Man my friend went and got me sick agains! >_< I couldn't even swallow this morning.

Wait wait wait, so the tournament is in Mililani? (just making sure) Ooooo. I'd probably want to be there at like 8 or 9am. Ummmm, Idk about the rides. Cause I'd have to pick you guys up pretty early. Maybe some people can sleep over at a friends house closer to Pearlridge or Waipahu. I have no problems with picking peoples up at Ala Moana, but it will be early. Why? Because this is my Zeldas first paid tournament and I WANT TO BE THERE EARLY!!! >=O *burns with excitement*

Idk how good I am anymore though. I've been watching nothing but Ken while in New Mexico. If anyone is free tomorrow, I'm should be free to play. Thursday I have game to play at.

Will there be a smashfest this week? Where? Am I in charge of townies? The usual questions. Thanks.^^

I need to feel competition again.

FireFly

Smash Lord
MILILANI 96789 not Honolulu, I used to live in Mililani and Honolulu zipcode isnt 96789

Ping_Ping

Smash Ace
YES
theres a smashfest this week
YES
bobby your in charge of the townies cause i work on friday
YES
Be at the mililani tourny around 9ish lol
YES
cause im bored.... and ya i bought new sticks at play n trade... ONLY 20 BUCKS!!!!
YES
that means im getting this rust of my jiggs

Ping_Ping

Smash Ace
hey tom...

STFU I COPIED AND PASTE THAT ADDRESS FROM THE DIRECTIONS GIVEN ON THE WEBSITE

jeez i went to mililani just for you guys.... -______-

Darkmusician

Smash Master
Thank you Frankie! Hope to see you on thurs.

I'll go get Merc. He'll probably come on Friday. Still haven't played him yet. Sumimasen sumimasen sumimasen!!!

Darkmusician

Smash Master
Shootz den shoyo.

I'm in charge of townies again this week. Ala Moana. Longs Drugs. 6:00pm

Townie Status:
Terence=yes
Shoyo=yes
Matt=idk
Joel=idk
Daniel=idk

Shotgun is still available. Bring gas money. If you want me to pick up food before we head out, let me know. I'll probably eat before hand that's why. Jack in the Box is the place.

Oh yeah if anyone from town wants to sign up for tourney, ummmm why don't we take a day on the weekend to go out and sign up?

Top Bottom