• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Half Genie Protector of Scuttle Town, Shantae for SSB4 (WayForward wants her in Smash)

BigShad

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
0602-6501-8253
No matter what though, this has been, and is, one of the craziest rides ever.

Why 'is?' Because the ride never ends.

GoldLiger

Smash Lord
NNID
Liger or Liger0X
3DS FC
3067-6321-9519
Switch FC
SW 7220 7680 7239
No matter what though, this has been, and is, one of the craziest rides ever.

Why 'is?' Because the ride never ends.
Yes I enjoyed this ride too. I was also a Palutena supporter a few years back so I hope my other favorite female Protagonist makes the cut.

Midnight Twinkle

Smash Journeyman
NNID
MidnightTwinkle
3DS FC
1461-6246-6413
Yes I enjoyed this ride too. I was also a Palutena supporter a few years back so I hope my other favorite female Protagonist makes the cut.
Palutena is best Goddess. I was pleasantly surprised with her inclusion. Let's hope the same happens with Shantae. Shantae is best genie.

TheRickyWill

Smash Champion
Palutena is best Goddess. I was pleasantly surprised with her inclusion. Let's hope the same happens with Shantae. Shantae is best genie.
Samus-senpai is bascially Batman, and she needs a Robin.

That's actually a cool image.

Samus's backstory is similar to Bruce's, anyway...

Last edited:

Midnight Twinkle

Smash Journeyman
NNID
MidnightTwinkle
3DS FC
1461-6246-6413
Samus-senpai is bascially Batman, and she needs a Robin.
Um..... alright then. Personally think Link and Shantae would have more in common but alright. (I know, Shantae is a Metroidvania game series but that's about it lol)

Mikegamer0608

Smash Lord
NNID
Mikegamer0608
Welp...it's the last day of the ballot, we've come a long way since April 1st and we have gathered a HUGE amount of supporters for Shantae. I still remember that Shantae was not very known to majority of the gaming community as a whole, but ever since the ballot started I saw a surge of curious new fans wondering who was this little half genie of ours. Wayforward & Matt Bozon have been pushing for Shantae to get into Smash since the start of the ballot and even on the last day. I'm so glad for all of you in the Shantae thread who stuck by Shantae to the end of all this. So I'll end this small speech and say "I believe Shantae is Ret-2-Go for Smash!"

Last edited:

Midnight Twinkle

Smash Journeyman
NNID
MidnightTwinkle
3DS FC
1461-6246-6413
Welp...it's the last day of the ballot, we've come a long way since April 1st and we have gathered a HUGE amount of supporters for Shantae. I still remember that Shantae was not very known to majority of the gaming community as a whole, but ever since the ballot started I saw a surge of curious new fans wondering who was this little half genie. Wayforward & Matt Bozon have been pushing for Shantae to get into Smash since the start of the ballot and even on the last day. I'm so glad for all of you in the Shantae thread who stuck by Shantae to the end of all this. So I'll end this small speech and say "I believe Shantae is Ret-2-Go for Smash!"

If she gets in.... I'm maining her. I WILL practice until I'm at least decent with our half-genie. C'mon!! #Shantae4Smash

TheRickyWill

Smash Champion
Um..... alright then. Personally think Link and Shantae would have more in common but alright. (I know, Shantae is a Metroidvania game series but that's about it lol)
I say that because Samus is the only female protagonist right now and started the whole "Metroidvania" style of game design.

The only other female on the roster that's actually interesting is Palutena, mainly because she's the only one who doesn't have the personality of a ham sandwich.

Last edited:

Midnight Twinkle

Smash Journeyman
NNID
MidnightTwinkle
3DS FC
1461-6246-6413
I say that because Samus is the only female protagonist right now and started the whole "Metroidvania" style of game design.

The only other female on the roster that's actually interesting is Palutena, mainly because she's the only one who doesn't have the personality of a ham sandwich.
No need to be rude and diss other characters like that. (I know which ones you're talking about.) Samus started Metroid, Simon Bellmont(think I spelled that right) started Castlevania. Later games combined the two and metroidvania was born. I mean, if you want Shantae to look up to Samus in your fanon then by all means go for it!

TheRickyWill

Smash Champion
No need to be rude and diss other characters like that. (I know which ones you're talking about.) Samus started Metroid, Simon Bellmont(think I spelled that right) started Castlevania. Later games combined the two and metroidvania was born. I mean, if you want Shantae to look up to Samus in your fanon then by all means go for it!
image.jpg
Mega Man and Beck from Mighty No. 9 is fanon and somewhat of a metaphor in some cases

BEHOLD

THE BEST USE OF MIIVERSE EVER

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Well fellow shantae voters, at 8 I will be voting one last time on my nook, which hasn't been voted on, for shantae, my tied for 1st character... Next to bandana Dee. Let us be ret-2-go into history.

gb7zone7

Smash Apprentice
NNID
gb7zone7
Might as well post this image I did a couple years back for an art class.
http://fav.me/d6mcgut
Heck, I probably got more (and probably better) sketches of her lying around somewhere, she's just really fun to draw. Maybe in the future.

Last edited:

TheRickyWill

Smash Champion
Might as well post this image I did a couple years back for an art class.
http://fav.me/d6mcgut
Heck, I probably got more (and probably better) sketches of her lying around somewhere, she's just really fun to draw. Maybe in the future.
Charcoal is a pain ain't it
(It looks like Charcoal, anyway)

Shantae is incredibly fun to draw. She has a wide variety of movements she's capable of, and putting her in different outfits is fun as well.

Last edited:

Shadowknight1

Banned via Administration
I was, obviously, a Lucina supporter. I wanted so hard for her to get in, despite all the people and rumors saying that if Awakening got a representative it would be Chrom. Needless to say, I squee'd like crazy when her and Robin's trailer debuted! Let's hope my luck continues! I ended up maining Lucy despite not being big on Marth in the previous games, but she will drop to a 2nd when Shantae gets in!

TheRickyWill

Smash Champion
I was, obviously, a Lucina supporter. I wanted so hard for her to get in, despite all the people and rumors saying that if Awakening got a representative it would be Chrom. Needless to say, I squee'd like crazy when her and Robin's trailer debuted! Let's hope my luck continues! I ended up maining Lucy despite not being big on Marth in the previous games, but she will drop to a 2nd when Shantae gets in!
Robin's final smash huehuehue

gb7zone7

Smash Apprentice
NNID
gb7zone7
Charcoal is a pain ain't it
(It looks like Charcoal, anyway)

Shantae is incredibly fun to draw. She has a wide variety of movements she's capable of, and putting her in different outfits is fun as well.
Yeah it was charcoal, and yes I agree with everything you said.

GoldLiger

Smash Lord
NNID
Liger or Liger0X
3DS FC
3067-6321-9519
Switch FC
SW 7220 7680 7239
Currently training my ZS Samus and my Skylander DK with my Amiibo of Palutena and Link.

I will also do my final vote at 9PM PRST. And give the reason as the info I copied a few pages back on Shantae's entire history.

Let's hope we pull through guys.

#Shantae4Smash

TheRickyWill

Smash Champion
Currently training my ZS Samus and my Skylander DK with my Amiibo of Palutena and Link.

I will also do my final vote at 9PM PRST. And give the reason as the info I copied a few pages back on Shantae's entire history.

Let's hope we pull through guys.

#Shantae4Smash
Speaking of Skylanders Donkey Kong...
image.jpg
I'm trying my hardest to resist making a joke based on that meme.

KeyFortune

Smash Apprentice
Here we go guys, the last day. That was an amazing speech you gave Mike. Here's to getting our Half Genie Hero into Smash!!!

TheRickyWill

Smash Champion
OMG Omni has the same idea I had for her Smash attacks! I agree it would be cool if they were her transformations and the charge up was her dancing.
I'm really appreciating how most folks are now realizing how special Shantae is, and now are starting to jump on the train. (Strange timing, but it's the thought that counts.)

We Shantae folk have no salt, or even carbon monoxide, unlike everyone else.

We're just a bunch of fun-loving maniacs.

Last edited:

KeyFortune

Smash Apprentice
I'm really appreciating how most folks are now realizing how special Shantae is, and now are starting to jump on the train. (Strange timing, but it's the thought that counts.)

We Shantae folk have no salt, or even carbon monoxide, unlike everyone else.

We're just a bunch of fun-loving maniacs.
No, but you see, according to the haters, we all just like her boobs. :rolleyes:

Even though I could say the same about Bayonetta or even King K. Rool. Dude has borderline boobies.

SuperSegaSonicSS

The Inspired Artist
Are you talking about the"3 slots, 2 stages" leak?
No. There was a person going around claiming the ballot was going to have a "viewer's vote" or something like that, where after the ballot has ended, people would rate how well a certain character would be as a fighter in Smash. At least that's what I think it was about, but it was a BS claim, it's nothing officially said by Nintendo.

Top Bottom