• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Half Genie Protector of Scuttle Town, Shantae for SSB4 (WayForward wants her in Smash)

conTAgi0n

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
SW 1668 7817 3192
Unbelievable. For those of you wondering, here are the current top 5 in Etika's poll now:

1. Snake 4890
2. Shantae (!!) 4366
3. Shovel Knight 4305
4. Banjo-Kazooie 4033
5. Inklings 3563

I thought maybe if we were lucky Shantae could overtake BK, but to pass SK and take 2nd, that is fantastic. I just really hope Etika makes his next video soon, so that this result gets broadcast at least a little bit before the end of the poll.

Aside from whether this has any influence, placing 2nd in the largest poll ever conducted is amazing vindication for Shantae, and a testament to both how great the character is, and how awesome a job you all have done campaigning. Who could have thought we'd ever get this far? Amazing.

TheRickyWill

Smash Champion
image.jpg

Shantae for the 2nd day of Inktober.

I draw her with muscles way too much (SHE BE LIFTIN')

But here's a chibi version I designed meant to be on a sticker or large pin
image.jpg

Last edited:

TheRickyWill

Smash Champion
You've seen me try to tell people to avoid GameFAQs. This is why:

http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/633202-super-smash-bros-for-wii-u/72588101

This guy has been so unhealthily obsessed over the Shantae voters, it honestly makes me want to vomit.
The bet is this:

If Shantae successfully gets in Smash, then I will buy the winning better the DLC for her.
If Shantae fails to get in Smash, then the losing better must purchase me $4 worth of Smash DLC, the typical price of a character.
That had me screaming pointless swears like a Gordon Ramsay rage compilation.

Congratulations, you're a jerk. You hate a fictional character and everyone who likes her, just because you don't.

This is exactly the trash I had to put up with last night with that PM.

Pat yourself on the back, buy yourself a nice dinner and a fancy car. You freaking deserved it.

Last edited:

GP2

Smash Apprentice
That had me screaming pointless swears like a Gordon Ramsay rage compilation.

Congratulations, you're a jerk. You hate a fictional character and everyone who likes her, just because you don't.

This is exactly the trash I had to put up with last night with that PM.

Pat yourself on the back, buy yourself a nice dinner and a fancy car. You freaking deserved it.
Yeah That's really messed up. However the joke will be on him when Shantae gets in

SL the Pyro

Smash Apprentice
The bet is this:

If Shantae successfully gets in Smash, then I will buy the winning better the DLC for her.
If Shantae fails to get in Smash, then the losing better must purchase me $4 worth of Smash DLC, the typical price of a character.

Though I almost want to see his reaction to having to follow through on it if Shantae does get in.

TheRickyWill

Smash Champion
I love how people try to claim that people only like Shantae for her body/outfit/showing skin

but even if you just put your average pair of jeans and a t-shirt on her, she's still cute and lovable.

Heck, she's cute in a long sweater.
image.jpg
LOOK AT HER

Last edited:

Burruni

Smash Hero
Residents of Scuttletown, we come to a close of our ballot.

We've fought hard, arguably harder than any newcomer not resident to Nintendo.

We can only hope our cries have not fallen upon death ears. If not upon this time, then for consideration of installments to come.

We've done all that we can. Let's wait patiently, and hope for the best against the odds stacked against us.

TheRickyWill

Smash Champion

We can only hope our cries have not fallen upon death ears. If not upon this time, then for consideration of installments to come.

We've done all that we can. Let's wait patiently, and hope for the best against the odds stacked against us.

And even if we win, or lose, it was all in good fun, and we all had a great time discussing.

DiagonalSpy07

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
3754-7248-5911

If shantae had an anime, I want it to look like this. Also yeah it's been a fantastic campaign voyage with you guys. The amount of of support she's gotten up until this point makes want to cry with glee. I may not been as active on the forums as the rest of you, but I loved seeing all the interesting topics and fan art you guys put out here. So no matter what happens, we all know that was for fun and can still support our half-genie hero from now and to the future (Smash related or not).

So from the bottom of my heart, thank you all!!

Last edited:

GP2

Smash Apprentice
And even if we win, or lose, it was all in good fun, and we all had a great time discussing.
Indeed we did but I honestly think we have a shot. Shantae's popularity has skyrocketed in the past few months. This thread has doubled in size since I started frequenting it 2 months ago. It would be pretty hard for Sakurai to not at least consider Shantae at this point

Black-magic13

Smash Apprentice
Last edited:

Manic Rykker

Smash Lord
Wow. October 2nd... I can't believe how close we are to the end of this. It feels like just a week ago I started campaigning myself..

I'd just like to mention something now, since we are so close anyway. Despite my support, and cheering on for multiple campaigns, my own, personal initial vote went to Shantae. She is probably the main character I want to see most in this. In hopes, followed close behind by Rayman, Bandana Dee... A few other hopes are floating around too. Shantae is at the top tho lol.

GoldLiger

Smash Lord
NNID
Liger or Liger0X
3DS FC
3067-6321-9519
Switch FC
SW 7220 7680 7239
With the event at Konami firing Kojima I wonder how it will affect Snake's chances?

Burruni

Smash Hero
With the event at Konami firing Kojima I wonder how it will affect Snake's chances?
Considering how Kojima was one of Sakurai's closest friends and the main reason Snake got in Smash, immensely.
Considering that not even when Kojima was part of Konami, he nor the company were APPROACHED for Snake's return and even after his firing Kojima has been an advocate for Snake to return, it means jack diddly and squat.

Last edited:

TheRickyWill

Smash Champion
Considering that even when Kojima was part of Konami, he nor the company were APPROACHED for Snake's return and even after his firing Kojima has been an advocate for Snake to return, it means jack diddly and squat.
Kudos to his farewell video's ending basically saying "I was the only one in this trash heap that actually cared about the fans."

The only 3rd parties with a chance now is Rayman, Shantae, and Shovel Knight.

... If Square Enix got a rep (which I highly doubt will happen), we'd most likely be stuck with a Moogle.

Last edited:

Manic Rykker

Smash Lord
To be honest... at this point, I'd really prefer if the characters we get from the ballot... were all new. No offence to veteran fans. I would have been fine seeing them as pre-ballot, but post? Eeh...

Why?

Well, just gonna display a scenario, where in some alternate world we really are only getting one character out of the ballot... this, would basically be what I would be afraid of:

"Sakurai - Hey everyone. After much time, we have finally finished tallying up the votes. I am pleased to say that the winner of the ballot, is non-other than <Insert Veteran fighter here>, returning to the fray! Its amazing how out of all of the hundreds of possible new candidates, and the fact that you could vote for nearly anyone you could want, you went for someone who has already been in Smash... of course, I can understand that as...- *Goes on into a heartfelt speech on why he understands the votes*"

"Nintendo - We certainly hope you enjoy <Insert Veteran here>! His moves have been completely refreshed, and balanced. He pretty much has the exact same moveset as before, but hey. At least he's been balanced right? <Insert fact he now has a final smash, if the subject was from melee> We can still hardly believe you all went for someone that has been in game before already, rather than voting for someone new, but hey. Just makes it easier on us!"

Even in a sense that we're getting more than one, it still feels like a wasted opportunity.. Again, no-offense to fans of these guys. I'd be fine if they were pre-ballot, and I'd definitely be fine if they show back up in Smash 5. But in terms of the Ballot... I'd like to see anyone, but characters I've already seen in the game.

Last edited:

TheRickyWill

Smash Champion
To be honest... at this point, I'd really prefer if the characters we get from the ballot... were all new. No offence to veteran fans. I would have been fine seeing them as pre-ballot, but post? Eeh...

Why?

Well, just gonna display a scenario, where in some alternate world we really are only getting one character out of the ballot... this, would basically be what I would be afraid of:

"Sakurai - Hey everyone. After much time, we have finally finished tallying up the votes. I am pleased to say that the winner of the ballot, is non-other than <Insert Veteran fighter here>, returning to the fray! Its amazing how out of all of the hundreds of possible new candidates, and the fact that you could vote for nearly anyone you could want, you went for someone who has already been in Smash... of course, I can understand that as...- *Goes on into a heartfelt speech on why he understands the votes*"

"Nintendo - We certainly hope you enjoy <Insert Veteran here>! His moves have been completely refreshed, and balanced. He pretty much has the exact same moveset as before, but hey. At least he's been balanced right? <Insert fact he now has a final smash, if the subject was from melee> We can still hardly believe you all went for someone that has been in game before already, rather than voting for someone new, but hey. Just makes it easier on us!"

Even in a sense that we're getting more than one, it still feels like a wasted opportunity.. Again, no-offense to fans of these guys. I'd be fine if they were pre-ballot, and I'd definitely be fine if they show back up in Smash 5. But in terms of the Ballot... I'd like to see anyone, but characters I've already seen in the game.
image.jpg

jamesster445

Smash Lord
I can't say that I fully support Shantae, because I technically haven't finished a game yet. But the ballot got me interested in playing these games and I've been enjoying the first one so far. So if one (N)indie character had to be in Smash it should be Shantae.

TheRickyWill

Smash Champion
So Ballot_Confess decided to point this out
image.jpg
I'M SCARED

I would also like to take this time to apologize to GoldLiger GoldLiger for rudely acting like the result of fan polls don't matter in the slightest, now that this information has arisen.

Last edited:

SuperSegaSonicSS

The Inspired Artist
FYI guys, the Leaks thread debunked this guys claims, there's no official source pertaining this is really a thing, so don't worry about it.

TheRickyWill

Smash Champion
Just gonna clean up this post...

I guess I'll put up a picture of a bird with arms:
image.jpg

Last edited:

Children0fTheStars

Smash Apprentice
I just checked it out; someone claimed it was in the Direct that unveiled the Fighter Ballot, but according to others there's nothing saying that in the video.

Just went back to check the 4/1/2015 Direct myself. Unless it, for some reason, was mentioned after all of the Smash Bros. announcements, nothing seems to be there. So either there's been a misunderstanding and someone's accidentally spreading misinformation, or it's a falsified rumor.

Last edited:

GoldLiger

Smash Lord
NNID
Liger or Liger0X
3DS FC
3067-6321-9519
Switch FC
SW 7220 7680 7239
Whether I am right or wrong doesn't matter. The point is to continue supporting our beloved Half-Genie Hero EVEN if she doesn't make it into the DLC.

Midnight Twinkle

Smash Journeyman
NNID
MidnightTwinkle
3DS FC
1461-6246-6413
Whether I am right or wrong doesn't matter. The point is to continue supporting our beloved Half-Genie Hero EVEN if she doesn't make it into the DLC.
Atta boy! Still, I think Shantae has got a good chance at this. I'm still really nervous... or is this excitement? I'm nervouscited!

Top Bottom