• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Half Genie Protector of Scuttle Town, Shantae for SSB4 (WayForward wants her in Smash)

B.H. and DD

Smash Apprentice
How likely are Snake and Shantae chances of getting in? Both are my most wanted by the way.

Wademan94

Smash Obsessed
Where the weather changes as much as my avatar
NNID
Wade94
3DS FC
4897-6423-0493
How likely are Snake and Shantae chances of getting in? Both are my most wanted by the way.
This is all from my perspective, but seeing all this support for her, as well as the history and support Wayforward has given Nintendo, and with Inti Creates (popular in Japan, known for the Mega Man series as well as helping work on Mighty No. 9 currently) working on the Shantae series, (and I've heard that the head designer of the Pokemon series is a big fan of her series) I'd say she has a pretty decent shot, Snake on the other hand…pretty much the greatest reason he was in Brawl to begin with was since Sakurai was friends with Kojima, but since he left Konami, he won't be able to pull for Snake, I don't really know how good his chances of returning are.

Last edited:

B.H. and DD

Smash Apprentice
This is all from my perspective, but seeing all this support for her, as well as the history and support Wayforward has given Nintendo, and with Inti Creates (popular in Japan, known for the Mega Man series as well as helping work on Mighty No. 9 currently) working on the Shantae series, (and I've heard that the head designer of the Pokemon series is a big fan of her series) I'd say she has a pretty decent shot, Snake on the other hand…pretty much the greatest reason he was in Brawl to begin with was since Sakurai was friends with Kojima, but since he left Konami, he won't be able to pull for Snake, I don't really know how good his chances of returning are.
Oh... That puts a damper on my mood a little. I hope at least one of them makes it in. Me and her both really want them in.

Yellowlord

ゆゆネーター
Imo, if I had to critique this, the most obvious thing I'd suggest improvement is the head/face, but for what it is, I like the overall concept of this, the figure (legs) makes me think of those wooden nutcracker dolls or something like that.

But well, thanks for sharing, it's a interesting attempt I would say.
I appreciate your feedback on my model, Super. To be honest, I'd agree; it does have the style of a doll when you look at it, hah. I didn't intend on doing that, but I think it makes it even more unique now. :p

Wademan94

Smash Obsessed
NNID
Wade94
3DS FC
4897-6423-0493
Oh... That puts a damper on my mood a little. I hope at least one of them makes it in. Me and her both really want them in.
Sorry, I'm not trying to persuade you to not try and vote for him, I just wanted to let you know the circumstances I saw were, I said this is just from my perspective, I could be wrong about this though, he got in once I'm sure Konami wouldn't mind allowing him in again,

Black-magic13

Smash Apprentice
http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/633202-super-smash-bros-for-wii-u/72254866?page=1
Supporters, you should really tell them that she's not a fad at all.
I'm also there defending her to. Its irritating, I feel like deleting that account over there cause the negativity is rediculous. I also told them you say she is a fad or band wagon character but people attacking her and all forms has become a fad and band wagoner as well. People on that board are so dang stupid its rediculous.

BigShad

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
0602-6501-8253
Literally the only thing GameFAQs is good for is guides, even then that's debatable. I wouldn't waste your time there trying to defend her there.

Black-magic13

Smash Apprentice
Literally the only thing GameFAQs is good for is guides, even then that's debatable. I wouldn't waste your time there trying to defend her there.
Your right about that. It just gets irritating seeing people attack her, I personally hate k rool. I don't like him at all , he is disgusting with a belly button the size of jigglypuff eyeball. But I haven't went on that board attacking him every chance I get cause I have respect. I wish people on that board would just do the same and respect people instead of flaming them all the time.

Lord Sturm

Smash Rookie

Here are my choices:
Dance Through The Danger (Half Genie Hero)
Burning Town (Pirate's Curse Remix) (Default on 3DS)
Risky Boots (Pirate's Curse Remix)
Boss Battle (Pirate's Curse Remix) (Alternate on 3DS)
Cackle Tower (Pirate's Curse)
Day/Night Travel (Propeller Town/A Troublesome Trek from Pirate's Curse)
Scuttle Town (Pirate's Curse Remix)
She's Got Moves! (Risky's Revenge)
Trip Through Sequin Land (Pirate's Curse)
Run Run Rottytops! (Pirate's Curse)
Mermaid Slide (Half Genie Hero)
Rescue Girl from Mighty Switch Force 2
its very nice but i would also put these themes in if i could then i think they are just awesome
Rave in the grave ( Shantae and the Pirates Curse)
Darkest Night (also from the Pirates curse)

Wademan94

Smash Obsessed
NNID
Wade94
3DS FC
4897-6423-0493
its very nice but i would also put these themes in if i could then i think they are just awesome
Rave in the grave ( Shantae and the Pirates Curse)
Darkest Night (also from the Pirates curse)
I was going to at first with those two, but I'm not sure if that would be too many, I mean the largest number of songs on each stage so far is 14, (on Windy Hill no less), so I was trying to be more or less realistic with my choices

TheRickyWill

Smash Champion
Hello there! I've been lurking around this thread for quite a while as a guest, and I thought it was probably about time to throw my two cents into this matter. Together, we can hopefully get our girl into Smash Bros! Consider me a supporter!

Last edited:

SuperSegaSonicSS

The Inspired Artist
Hello there! I've been lurking around this thread for quite a while as a guest, and I thought it was probably about time to throw my two cents into this matter. Together, we can hopefully get our girl into Smash Bros! Consider me a supporter!
Welcome to the thread and welcome to Smashboards.

conTAgi0n

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
SW 1668 7817 3192
Here's a ballot that could turn out to be very large and influential. It already made it pretty high on the front page of reddit, and the time is probably ripe for another big, visible ballot poll. If that turns into this one, then Shantae performing well could really get a more people talking about her as the serious top tier ballot contender she deserves to be and may very well already be. Send this to all the fellow Shantae supporters you know. Let's rock it.

BEFORE YOU FILL IT OUT THOUGH, I messaged the creator of the poll with a couple questions about it. My main question was whether one person submitting 8 or more votes for the same character will get those votes tallied as separate votes for that character, or will the duplicates be detected and eliminated (on the poll you can type in multiple different characters that you voted for, so in theory you can type in Shantae over and over. It will make sense when you look at it). When I get a response I will post it here and you can do with that information what you want, but since it is IP controlled, you won't be able to fill it out again later, so if knowing that would affect how you vote, you will want to wait.

Also, even if you have other characters you are supporting (I love big heavies so K Rool is my #2), remember that your vote for Shantae will technically contribute more to her percentage-wise if she is the only character you vote for. Just something to think about.

Without further ado, here is the reddit link: https://www.reddit.com/r/smashbros/comments/3ff0gg/worldwide_fighter_ballot_survey_vote_now/

EDIT: fixed hyperlink

Last edited:

GoldLiger

Smash Lord
NNID
Liger or Liger0X
3DS FC
3067-6321-9519
Switch FC
SW 7220 7680 7239
Yeah but hopefully the combination of both a good word from a Japanese developer plus a big enough fan base is good enough for Sakurai to start creating Shantae for Smash. Plus he has WayForward to go to if he needs help with deciding what moveset and what design Shantae takes. I prefer her Pirate's Curse version but that just me lol.

TheRickyWill

Smash Champion
Yeah but hopefully the combination of both a good word from a Japanese developer plus a big enough fan base is good enough for Sakurai to start creating Shantae for Smash. Plus he has WayForward to go to if he needs help with deciding what moveset and what design Shantae takes. I prefer her Pirate's Curse version but that just me lol.
I think it may end up being somewhere between Pirate's Curse for the better anatomy or Half-Genie Hero because it's so darn adorable.

ShyGuy XL

Smash Journeyman
NNID
ShyGuyES
3DS FC
5386-9776-6327
Been while been busy playing Smash and Shantae a lot lately I'm planning on making my 621st drawing of the year (yes you read that right, been busy drawing) as a support Shantae image which will be up a day or two :)

Last edited:

TheRickyWill

Smash Champion
I'm not normally one to play the "politically correct" (or whatever Tumblr calls it now) card, but I'm sure that nobody's pointed this out about Shantae yet.

A somewhat important part about Shantae is that not only is she another female character if she's added to the roster, but a female protagonist. As of now, Samus is the only one. Even then: She hasn't seen much action in recent years.

Last edited:

Black-magic13

Smash Apprentice
I'm not normally one to play the "politically correct" (or whatever Tumblr calls it now) card, but I'm sure that nobody's pointed this out about Shantae yet.

A somewhat important part about Shantae is that not only is she another female character if she's added to the roster, but a female protagonist. As of now, Samus is the only one. Even then: She hasn't seen much action in recent years.
Lol trust I been threw that argument out there. Especially on devices I managed to get my hands on as well. I pointed out so many things that would make her a good candidate. I hope sakurai sees them and decides to give her a chance.

BigShad

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
0602-6501-8253

And we can call them a bunch of racists if she's not in :^))))))
But seriously, it'd be a good way to further show that there are a crap-ton of good female characters. Betcha Tumblr's still gonna cry though, per usual.

Last edited:

Mikegamer0608

Smash Lord
NNID
Mikegamer0608
:colorful::starman:Welcome to the Group!:starman::colorful:
And adding you as a new supporter
@ 8-peacock-8 8-peacock-8 Whenever you get the chance please update the support list with these new supporters.

Mighty Minotaur
Felix_the_Slayer
LittleToys
Creativion
Fralex
Kevandre
Pyrofishy
DaemonDD
MachRider94
Solo Bolo
DarkAura64
Jasae Bushae
NateCurtis(NJC)
GoldLiger
Black-magic13
ThePsychoWolf
Midnight Twinkle
conTAgi0n
taoxadasa
ScatmansWorld25
Mental Surge
DiagonalSpy07
B.H. and DD
NintendoPowaa
Dani l
Wademan94
Lord Sturm
TheRickyWill

TheRickyWill

Smash Champion
And we can call them a bunch of racists if she's not in :^))))))
But seriously, it'd be a good way to further show that there are a crap-ton of good female characters. Betcha Tumblr's still gonna cry though, per usual.
(Very true.)
:colorful::starman:Welcome to the Group!:starman::colorful:
And adding you as a new supporter
@ 8-peacock-8 8-peacock-8 Whenever you get the chance please update the support list with these new supporters.

Mighty Minotaur
Felix_the_Slayer
LittleToys
Creativion
Fralex
Kevandre
Pyrofishy
DaemonDD
MachRider94
Solo Bolo
DarkAura64
Jasae Bushae
NateCurtis(NJC)
GoldLiger
Black-magic13
ThePsychoWolf
Midnight Twinkle
conTAgi0n
taoxadasa
ScatmansWorld25
Mental Surge
DiagonalSpy07
B.H. and DD
NintendoPowaa
Dani l
Wademan94
Lord Sturm
TheRickyWill
Thank you very much!

Last edited:

SL the Pyro

Smash Apprentice

Lol trust I been threw that argument out there. Especially on devices I managed to get my hands on as well. I pointed out so many things that would make her a good candidate. I hope sakurai sees them and decides to give her a chance.
Had this been any Smash entry other than U/3DS, I would've agreed with that; even Brawl only had Peach, Samus, Zelda and Nana in a cast of thirty-six other characters, some of which had ambiguous genders (like Jigglypuff), and Zelda had never been properly playable in a mainstream series title at the time. In U/3DS though, this isn't an issue anymore because there was a pretty big influx of girls into the roster, so I don't think the "we need more women" argument holds water anymore... which might be why no one has pointed it out. :ohwell:

Fortunately for Shantae though, she has plenty of other, more worthwhile merits that could earn her a spot in Smash. I wouldn't be supporting her if she didn't.

TheRickyWill

Smash Champion
Had this been any Smash entry other than U/3DS, I would've agreed with that; even Brawl only had Peach, Samus, Zelda and Nana in a cast of thirty-six other characters, some of which had ambiguous genders (like Jigglypuff), and Zelda had never been properly playable in a mainstream series title at the time. In U/3DS though, this isn't an issue anymore because there was a pretty big influx of girls into the roster, so I don't think the "we need more women" argument holds water anymore... which might be why no one has pointed it out. :ohwell:

Fortunately for Shantae though, she has plenty of other, more worthwhile merits that could earn her a spot in Smash. I wouldn't be supporting her if she didn't.
Eh, you're right. It's a generic argument, really. :p

Midnight Twinkle

Smash Journeyman
NNID
MidnightTwinkle
3DS FC
1461-6246-6413
I've done more artwork on Miiverse for Shantae. My NNID is TwinkleDoodle if y'all are interested.

Oh! And I won my first tourney on Smash too! Yay me! .......k,thx,bye.

Last edited:

B.H. and DD

Smash Apprentice
Way Forward knows about the IMDB thing that recently happened. They said a little about it on their Twitter.

Last edited:

SL the Pyro

Smash Apprentice
An unsurprising red herring with an unsurprising response. This whole IMDb thing was sunk as soon as people were told its articles could be edited by anyone. Granted it's an impressive, stealthy troll that stirred the Shantae and Smash fanbases, but a troll nonetheless.

...Moving on.

I've got some 3D Shantae models that some people might want to take a gander at, made by Geekachu:

Model download link is on the submission page in the creator comment
Flash animation of it in action is on another dA page

Art page is here
The first is a MMD model, the second is a more general 3D art. They both look amazing. My only niggle is that he doesn't quite seem to understand how Shantae's leggings work...

Last edited:

TheRickyWill

Smash Champion
An unsurprising red herring with an unsurprising response. This whole IMDb thing was sunk as soon as people were told its articles could be edited by anyone. Granted it's an impressive, stealthy troll that stirred the Shantae and Smash fanbases, but a troll nonetheless.

...Moving on.

I've got some 3D Shantae models that some people might want to take a gander at, made by Geekachu:

Model download link is on the submission page in the creator comment
Flash animation of it in action is on another dA page

Art page is here
The first is a MMD model, the second is a more general 3D art. They both look amazing. My only niggle is that he doesn't quite seem to understand how Shantae's leggings work...
Certainly.

At least we can have Shantae dance to J-Pop now, I guess.

Top Bottom