• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Half Genie Protector of Scuttle Town, Shantae for SSB4 (WayForward wants her in Smash)

Raheem The Dream

Banned via Warnings
NNID
RaheemTheDream28
3DS FC
5043-2968-5730
That's good but could you ask them if possible that they could come in contact with Nintendo and maybe do like what Ubisoft did with Rayman and make a Professional Character model for Nintendo to go off on.
To be honest with ya that's speaks for itself and it's best to wait and see the surprising results for what they can actually do for us to be satisfied in the end!

Xevious 1

Smash Ace
NNID
Xevious969409
3DS FC
1118-2448-4692
Can we just stick to asking for Shantae in Smash and not the other characters from her franchise?

Warlock*G

Banned via Warnings
3DS FC
0146-9477-0226
If, so then just have Shantae & Risky Boots only two of them for DLC as playable characters and the others as assist trophies! Deal!
One playable character is a titanic addition to a game. It takes months of work to put just one out, let alone two. Let's not be greedy, in no way would it be "just" Shantae and Risky boots. Besides, two reps at once for a relatively obscure series is asking for too much.

So let's focus on Shantae.

Last edited:

Raheem The Dream

Banned via Warnings
NNID
RaheemTheDream28
3DS FC
5043-2968-5730
One playable character is a titanic addition to a game. It takes months of work to put just one out, let alone two. Let's not be greedy, in no way would it be "just" Shantae and Risky boots. Besides, two reps at once for a relatively obscure series is asking for too much.

So let's focus on Shantae.
[/quote

You're right! I wish that I can see Risky Boots, but might as well focus on our favorite 1# character is Shantae herself!

Freduardo

Smash Champion
I'd support. She'd be awesome, fun, has a cool design, plenty of moveset potential, and adds more female representation.

Princess Toady

Smash Ace
NNID
PrincessToady
I obviously support Shantae as well. I bought her first game a year ago I believe and I wasn't disappointed. Same for the sequel, plus I heard there were going to be two more entries to the series, on the 3DS and the Wii U.

Raheem The Dream

Banned via Warnings
NNID
RaheemTheDream28
3DS FC
5043-2968-5730
I've been lurking on this board for a long time, so I finally decided to create a User on this site. Sign me up for Shantae being dlc! Out of most 3rd party character requests, Shantae would fit in this game perfectly.
Thx-you, cuz we need all The help that we could get Shantae in SMASH 4 DLC eShop! P.S: If you have friends, please have them supporting Shantae for DLC in time to shine!

Raheem The Dream

Banned via Warnings
NNID
RaheemTheDream28
3DS FC
5043-2968-5730
Warning Received
Last edited by a moderator:

Warlock*G

Banned via Warnings
3DS FC
0146-9477-0226
Here's a blog post arguing why Shantae should be in Smash Brothers (scroll down a little bit).

Moreover, here's an excerpt from it:
Shantae has had her entire gaming life on Nintendo consoles, and will soon have a new title coming out for the 3DS, all the more reason to give her a chance, especially when she has alot of things that are almost mandatory when it comes to new characters this time around. One…she’s a female character, and those are always welcome as we definitely need more. Two…she’d bring in a fighting style that no other character has had before in any way/shape/or form, and since Sakurai wants to keep characters unique from each other in the new game, so she’d fit in said criteria. And third…the amounts of popularity that can be brought to both Nintendo’s handhelds and her series with her inclusion.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Anyone enjoying Pirate's Curse?

I've already 100% it and am trying out Shantae GBC

Clbull

Smash Rookie
Warning Received
Her only games (2, to be exact) have been on the Gameboy Color and DSi Ware respectively. I don't know how big or popular she as a character or her games are, but she does have a lot of potential for a move set.

She is third-party though, so the chances of WayForward getting a character rep over or alongside other companies, like Sega, Capcom, Square-Enix, etc. seems a bit slim. The reason I do see Shantae having a realistic chance is because:

A) Shantae has only appeared on Nintendo systems.
B) WayForward, with the exception for games on the Sega Genesis, have produced games exclusively on Nintendo systems so far.

Safe to say I do support her inclusion, even if her chances are pretty slim.

:phone:
Risky's Revenge appeared on iOS and most recently Steam. Half Genie Hero will also be a multiplatform release.

I fully, 100% back having Shantae as a character in SSB4. I think if enough people on Twitter talk about it, Sakurai and WayForward might even consider talking about it.

z00ted

The Assault of Laughter ﷼
raheem the dream is a legendary user. also sign me up, i love shantae!

Last edited:

Jave

Smash Ace
NNID
Javeman
Put me in as a supporter, even if the chances of this happening are less than 0.001%. She's definitely someone who would fit right in with the Smash cast.

I will say, though, that probably the biggest detractor of Shantae being in Smash is the fact her games have never been released in Japan.

Darklink401

Smash Master
NNID
Yuki_Hirako
3DS FC
0731-5318-2530
I totally support this. She would fit so WELL!

And I haven't even finished the first game, but I plan on getting the DS and 3ds ones, as well as I donated 15 dollars to half-genie hero.

I think now that she's getting her biggest game ever, she should TOTALLY be in as DLC. I'd even pay 5-10 dollars for her.

Mikegamer0608

Smash Lord
NNID
Mikegamer0608
Warning Received
Looks like Nintendo said in the Direct that their putting indie trophies in smash bros.

Just want to put up this video

Darklink401

Smash Master
NNID
Yuki_Hirako
3DS FC
0731-5318-2530
Is Wayforward considered an Indie dev, considering they are actually a company that makes games, and have been since the GBC days?

Also this

I can imagine a Shantae stage with this song. <3

BluePikmin11

Akko is my dear daughter!
NNID
blue
I expect Shantae to be at least be a trophy to represent Wayforward. As for her being a character, she has long ways to go.

And I got a question, is she really a Capcom character or a Wayforward character, her series first got published by Capcom am I right?

Darklink401

Smash Master
NNID
Yuki_Hirako
3DS FC
0731-5318-2530
I expect Shantae to be at least be a trophy to represent Wayforward. As for her being a character, she has long ways to go.

And I got a question, is she really a Capcom character or a Wayforward character, her series first got published by Capcom am I right?
She's a Wayforward character, but IDK if Capcom has any copyrights regarding Shantae.

Top Bottom