• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Half Genie Protector of Scuttle Town, Shantae for SSB4 (WayForward wants her in Smash)

BoltDragon

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Mario_Seth
3DS FC
0989-2878-5909
Ok, I will just have to wait until Shantae come out as a playable DLC character. I really do like her after all. Shantae has great power and speed, but she also has the ability to rock the super smash bros battlefield with her skills and magic too!

P.S, please follow @ BoltDragon BoltDragon to receive a follow. I really do appreciate all the fans support I get! Finally, good luck to #TeamShantae for Smash bros DLC!!!

Yellowlord

ゆゆネーター
Cool and no offense to the both of you but maybe next time don't come out of the blue posting stuff like that without giving some info first >.>
Sorry about that. I honestly was just asking for clarification on what he was saying, but no hard feelings. :p

BoltDragon

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Mario_Seth
3DS FC
0989-2878-5909
I'll post here tomorrow morning. In a good sense of being heroine, Shantae has won my true support! I really think that Indie games made a great character. Shantae is definitely as strong fighter!

Pyropuppet

Smash Cadet
I have a sinking feeling that Shovel Knight... please forgive my pessimism. My heart was broken before when Ridley wasn't in the game, so I can't pulled too deep into hopes and dreams again. (although it is partially too late for me.)

Manic Rykker

Smash Lord
To be honest, at this point I'd be satisfied if Sakurai just popped in for a hello XD

They have been so silent lately.. it's killing me >_<

Edit: aaand bad news. looks like that word that there was going to be a stream was fake.. -_-

Last edited:

Children0fTheStars

Smash Apprentice
A stream from Nintendo themselves (if that's what you're referring to) was kind of unlikely for the pre-PAX event, since all they did was set it up. But we do still know that Damon Baker was supposed to give a presentation for something.

Unless that happened already...

Last edited:

conTAgi0n

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
SW 1668 7817 3192
I am really hoping we don't get any big news. If it turns out that all these Shovel Knight rumors are credible, then I don't think Shantae is coming with him. Otherwise you'd think we would have heard that along with the Shovel Knight stuff.

I like Shovel Knight and all but if he gets announced now that would be terrible news for us. It's not hard to convince people that it's feasible and appropriate that one of the DLC slots goes to an indie rep. Convincing people that a second DLC slot could and should go to yet another indie rep is going to be really difficult. The only way I could see that happening is if there are substantially more DLC characters on the way than we are expecting.

We will definitely keep fighting even if Shovel Knight gets announced, but it's going to be a lot more of an uphill battle if that happens.

SuperSegaSonicSS

The Inspired Artist
CNeC6JwUEAAgaK0.jpg

And as said above, the conference ended and this and this video was shown.

Nothing Smash related for now.

Last edited:

Manic Rykker

Smash Lord
Yeah... that is indeed very weird... What's up with that o_o

To be honest all of this silence from all directions is really weird XD... I'm really wondering whats going on...

Last edited:

conTAgi0n

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
SW 1668 7817 3192
No I mean Gamexplain literally tweeted out that the conference was done.
So that's it? No more Nintendo news from PAX? Sounds like Tamaki's source was wrong then. He specifically stated that SK in Smash would be announced at PAX, didn't he?

However I won't feel too relieved until we see what the maintenance Nintendo has planned for Monday means, if anything.

gb7zone7

Smash Apprentice
NNID
gb7zone7
That was the megaton announcement? Other than the amiibo, the Wii U/3DS exclusives sounds underwhelming compared to the PS3/Xbox boss fights honestly.

Yellowlord

ゆゆネーター
Well guys... There's always the next few days, you know. We can hope something Smash related gets mentioned, since that's the only thing that interests me related to Pax, I'm afraid to say. Would be cool to hear an announcement for Shantae as the Indie Rep of Smash Bros, but she's barely been mentioned so far at Nindies@Night; worse, the trailer used for Half-Genie Hero is the exact same as the E3 2015 trailer. That is unfortunate.

Last edited:

Mikegamer0608

Smash Lord
NNID
Mikegamer0608
So that's it? No more Nintendo news from PAX? Sounds like Tamaki's source was wrong then. He specifically stated that SK in Smash would be announced at PAX, didn't he?

However I won't feel too relieved until we see what the maintenance Nintendo has planned for Monday means, if anything.
Tamaki's source said that Shovel knight could be revealed 1-2 months from now. But that doesn't mean we should stop supporting Shantae.

Damenshi

Smash Apprentice
This whole thing is making me more nervous with each passing minute, honestly.
An announcement regarding a Shovel Knight Amiibo and some information on Plague of Shadows, and now utter silence...

Worse yet, virtually nothing concerning Shantae.

I swear, every time something like this happens, I lose a little more of my sanity.
Everything's been do dodgy concerning Smash Bros. What the heck is going on...?

EDIT: Er, a Shantae presentation coming up? Nevermind, then.

Last edited:

dangeraaron10

Smash Master
I doubt it. If we get any characters or other Smash related news it will be tomorrow when Nintendo does its presentations, assuming they have much to show at all.

Edit: I got GameXplain's twitter on a different tab so I'll know if there is any updates. They are currently present at PAX and updating anything noteworthy as it comes.

Last edited:

Yellowlord

ゆゆネーター
I imagine Shantae: Half Genie Hero will get some gameplay and that's about it. I wish Shantae could get more recognition at Pax besides gameplay, but that's all we may see of her. :(

dangeraaron10

Smash Master
There are no more updates to GameXplain's twitter, so all the important stuff is out of the way. Shovel Knight and Shantae related stuff, with nothing particularly interesting Smash wise regarding Shantae.

Children0fTheStars

Smash Apprentice
This isn't meant to set up false hype, it's more to make this seem like less of a let-down; if Nintendo had a Smash announcement, it wasn't going to happen in the middle of the night before PAX. With the upcoming maintenance (which may be a content/future content patch or just something far simpler), if there's going to be anything, it'd more likely be done once PAX has started.

So I don't think there's a lot of sense in feeling dejected already, we should let the weekend play out first.

TheRickyWill

Smash Champion
Well... Things certainly happened.

The trailer for the Shovel Knight amiibo was chessier than a white pizza, and seems pretty awful, compared to what the PS4 and Xbox One got.

On a somewhat happier note: here's what Damon Baker said about it:
"Not only do we have a robust slate of indie games launching in the Nintendo eShop, but these games also contain features that can only be found on Wii U and Nintendo 3DS. Creating an amiibo that's compatible with all current and future Shovel Knight games shows that our strong relationship with independent developers is constantly evolving."

So are you guys actually going to give something to Wayforward now besides an ad? Nobody can exactly play that Shantae microgame on WarioWare DIY anymore, y'know.

Last edited:

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
So I accidentally fell asleep during the event. >.< Anything happen?
The game Grumps did their brand of deliberately stilted and forced advert comedy as Shovel Knight advert, thinking that because they did it on purpose no one can blame then for anything. They are wrong.

TheRickyWill

Smash Champion
The game Grumps did their brand of deliberately stilted and forced advert comedy as Shovel Knight advert, thinking that because they did it on purpose no one can blame then for anything. They are wrong.
Yup.

That trailer completely reversed my opinions about the Amiibo, and now I hate it, what very little content it offers (compared to the free content given to PS4 and Xbox One), as well as Shovel Knight himself, completely.

Last edited:

KevN くコ:彡

Smash Journeyman
Now that Shovel Knight has an amiibo, lets get a Shantae amiibo. Wayforward, get to it! (And please don't let game grumps promote it, PLEASE).

Top Bottom