• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Graveyard: Disconfirmed Character Thread (SAKURAAAAAAAAAI!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
I wonder if this means Justin Baley Zamus is dead now.

Andyjoe522

Smash Ace
NNID
Andyjoe522
But fire emblem is not 3rd party though

Monolith is not on there either but nintendo owns the rights to that one so shulks chamces are still high (xenoblade is 2nd party.)
Technically it's classified as first party. Nintendo owns 97% of Monolith Soft, making them an official subsidiary of Nintendo (aka a first party studio). Therefore, anything they make under Nintendo is a first party game.

Anyway, should we go ahead and write an obituary for Snake if no one has already? And maybe some other popular Konami characters like Simon Belmont?

Last edited:

Storm Eagle

Smash Lord
NNID
Storm88
Do you mind if I write the Dragonite obituary? He's one of my favorite Pokemon, I happen to be EV training one in X right now, and I'm working on a Lance costume for the upcoming Pokemon concert.

It's only fitting! :149:
When and where was Dragonite deconfirmed?

TCT~Phantom

Smash Master
Writing Team
NNID
TCT~Phantom
RIP Snake. This man when he is in the grave needs a golden tombstone...

Skyblade12

Banned via Warnings
3DS FC
1547-6378-0895
Technically it's classified as first party. Nintendo owns 97% of Monolith Soft, making them an official subsidiary of Nintendo (aka a first party studio). Therefore, anything they make under Nintendo is a first party game.

Anyway, should we go ahead and write an obituary for Snake if no one has already? And maybe some other popular Konami characters like Simon Belmont?
Technically, from what I can tell, there's no such thing as "second party". But it's used to refer to companies who are official subsidiaries, but are still allowed to continue on primarily with their own work, rather than being incorporated entirely into the parent company. Since Monolith Soft was picked up by Nintendo, I don't think there have been any organizational shifts or staff changes, which would leave them as "second party" for the common usage.

LancerStaff

Smash Hero
3DS FC
1504-5709-4054
Monolith wasn't credited for Brawl even though they helped work on the game, so it's safe to say characters that aren't represented in the copyrights won't be playable.

Skyblade12

Banned via Warnings
3DS FC
1547-6378-0895
Monolith wasn't credited for Brawl even though they helped work on the game, so it's safe to say characters that aren't represented in the copyrights won't be playable.
Credits and Copyrights are different things. If a character owned by them is in-game, they'll be on the credits and the copyright list for the game. People working on a project go uncredited all the time, but there are some definite legal issues with leaving out copyright claims.

They just aren't on the box's copyright, because it doesn't need to show copyrights except for things that are on the box.

Zathura

Smash Journeyman
NNID
ShinyZygarde
3DS FC
0404-6234-5785
Switch FC
SW-0485-3368-5894
I just noticed Inkay hasn't been put in but was deconfirmed as a pokeball.
Also the four dragon types behind meta knight in his picture.
And reshiram, zekrom and milotic on N's castle.

Just letting you know in case you didn't. (but you probably did).

Last edited:

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
Yeah, Rayman was a safe character to deconfirm, and although the chances of Snake being in this game are next-to-impossible, he's not out entirely. That said, I think its entirely different for thrid-party characters. I do believe the thrid-parties are credited on the box of Brawl, correct?

Skyblade12

Banned via Warnings
3DS FC
1547-6378-0895
Yeah, Rayman was a safe character to deconfirm, and although the chances of Snake being in this game are next-to-impossible, he's not out entirely. That said, I think its entirely different for thrid-party characters. I do believe the thrid-parties are credited on the box of Brawl, correct?
Snake and Sonic are both shown on the box, though. So they would have to be on the box's copyright.

SmasherMaster

Smash Lord
NNID
TelevisionGamer
I don't think Snake should be given a grave yet. That means every third party character would as well as Marth, Ike, Robin, Lucina, Anna, Paper Mario, Andy, Sami and Shulk are deconfirmed. (Neither Intelligent Systems or Monalith Soft appear on the back of the box)

TitanTeaTime

Smash Lord
NNID
TitanTeaTime
3DS FC
2165-6601-4781
Indeed. No graves should be made on leaks.
Yeah, especially not ones with so many holes in them. Graves for veterans will be reserved for when the game is released or Sakurai directly gives us evidence that someone is gone (like a direct statement, absence of a mechanic like Chairzard or they are relegated to assist trophy status)

Skyblade12

Banned via Warnings
3DS FC
1547-6378-0895
I don't think Snake should be given a grave yet. That means every third party character would as well as Marth, Ike, Robin, Lucina, Anna, Paper Mario, Andy, Sami and Shulk are deconfirmed. (Neither Intelligent Systems or Monalith Soft appear on the back of the box)
The box copyright is only included for characters ON the box. It does not include copyrights for the entire game.

Also, adding any graves at this point would be ridiculous. There are "leaks" coming out by the dozens. We wait for official information.

Pokemon-master

Smash Apprentice
NNID
fadi
3DS FC
0791-2291-3156
..did you want me come here to cry ...... well i am unghh i really am still hopeing for dlc meowth Ashley and skull kid need to be playible

Mr. Johan

Smash Hero
NNID
Sonicboom93
Paper Mario currently has one foot in the grave.

The Paper Mario multi-layout stage is aptly titled "Paper Mario".

Last edited:

Bunny8093

Smash Journeyman
He was my most wanted besides Krystal, now he'll never be playable status... T^T Who ever gets the obituary do a damn good job and give this fabulous man a gold stone. :crying:

Last edited:

L2 Sentinel

Smash Apprentice
Decomfirmations are tough. As an Impa supporter, I'm should be glad to see one of her rivals go, but right now, I just feel bad for the Ghirahim supporters.

Skyblade12

Banned via Warnings
3DS FC
1547-6378-0895
He was my most wanted besides Krystal, now he'll never be playable status... T^T Who ever gets the obituary do a damn good job and give this fabulous man a gold stone. :crying:
Little Mac was once an AT too. Ghirahim may come back, especially if he stays popular and remains in Zelda games (hey, he's still in Hyrule Warriors, so it could happen).

Two Big Guys For You

Smash Cadet
A few days before the Smash direct I thought to myself "hey buddy don't get too excited Robin may be chosen over him like that leakerbro said" and THAT HAPPENED. Then I thought, a while after, "maybe I shouldn't be too sure of Sukapon getting in... Takamaru would likely be getting in and that's the end". Then earlier today, I was thinking "I'm not too sure I want a SS rep in, I'd rather have Masked Link in. But Ghirahim may be in anyways."

I am become death, destroyer of worlds.

Skyblade12

Banned via Warnings
3DS FC
1547-6378-0895
A few days before the Smash direct I thought to myself "hey buddy don't get too excited Robin may be chosen over him like that leakerbro said" and THAT HAPPENED. Then I thought, a while after, "maybe I shouldn't be too sure of Sukapon getting in... Takamaru would likely be getting in and that's the end". Then earlier today, I was thinking "I'm not too sure I want a SS rep in, I'd rather have Masked Link in. But Ghirahim may be in anyways."

I am become death, destroyer of worlds.
Do you take bribes?

Bunny8093

Smash Journeyman
Little Mac was once an AT too. Ghirahim may come back, especially if he stays popular and remains in Zelda games (hey, he's still in Hyrule Warriors, so it could happen).
Well I guess there is that chance... but it just doesn't happen for Zelda characters... I guess with Hyrule Warriors though it could.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom