• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Graveyard: Disconfirmed Character Thread (SAKURAAAAAAAAAI!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
...You're looking forward to writing obituaries? Might as well kill off Lady Palutena then...
Depends on which ones they are. I mean I do want to contribute for the Kid Icarus, but I'm by no means a novelty writer. I couldn't even find the 2nd pic of the Monoeye.

Reality_Ciak

Smash Ace
Ridley's 100% confirmed to be a stage boss at this point. The only hope anyone can have is that there will be multiple versions of Ridley in the game. Anybody denying that Ridley's a boss on Pyrosphere is actually delusional.
It's confirmed now? The seemingly intentional avoidance of confirming it has ended? Or is 100% a rounded number?

Reality_Ciak

Smash Ace
Nothing is confirmed lol
This. If there's even the tiniest sliver of hope that anyone can stubbornly hold onto until the game is released is that things are not finalized and can be changed up until the release. They've stressed that a couple times. But resurrection seems entirely unlikely.

Reality_Ciak

Smash Ace
To be honest, if Ridley is nothing more than a stage boss, I want him to be up front about it. I truly hope he isn't dragging this out with vagueness just to crush our hope all in the end. I'll understand if he's not playable, but don't toy with me for so long. If you're going to breakup with me just do it already! lol

Davidreamcatcha

Smash Ace
If we're not putting in Ridley, let's get rid of half the list.

Hey, look at Yellow Devil! Clearly he's going to be playable. With a different design than the stage boss version of course. :seuss:

MagnesD3

Smash Master
If we're not putting in Ridley, let's get rid of half the list.

Hey, look at Yellow Devil! Clearly he's going to be playable. With a different design than the stage boss version of course. :seuss:
Their not putting in ridley because the shadow is very vague and untelling. We wont know anything till sakurai spells it out, probly in some direct.

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
To be honest, if Ridley is nothing more than a stage boss, I want him to be up front about it. I truly hope he isn't dragging this out with vagueness just to crush our hope all in the end. I'll understand if he's not playable, but don't toy with me for so long. If you're going to breakup with me just do it already! lol
I feel the more he teases but doesn't directly show Ridley as a boss... the more likely he's actually playable.

Sobreviviente

Smash Lord
Villager's Up B:
Balloon Fighter is not original anymore also the flipper :cool:

Nintendog's new AT:
Peta owns the industry, it obviously means he is disconffirmed :cool:

Ridley CONFIRMED as a boss:
HE CAN STILL BE PLAYABLE ALSO AN AT AND EVEN A CLONE BECAUSE OTHER M!!!!! :cry:

You guys simply can't be impartials, you always disconfirm what you want :laugh:

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
Thanks for the tag, APC.

By the way, Lucario sitting beside Zoroark and Deoxys's graves was pure genius. :laugh:

JosukeM

Smash Rookie
Not really, characters don't transform anymore. Thats Pokemon Trainer's entire gimmick, he is dead, unless he becomes his own character and fights on his own. (The chances of that happening are abysmal)
Ridley's shadow was showed in the BOSSES part of the Direct, like ... 10 minutes before they started to talk about characters, he was showed in the Pyrosphere stage and with Metroid and Mother Brain as Assist Trophies, the options for "an enemy from Samus's past" are running out, that's why I say Ridley is as dead as PT

It's Sakurai.

Remember, this is the man who nearly made ZSS mains' hearts stop for fun.
Except for the fact that Zero Suit Samus was actually seen in that sketch Sakurai showed a year and a half ago that contained Meta Knight, Mr. Game & Watch & Wario along with other already confirmed Veterans and Mr. Saturn, she wasn't never in "danger"

Zuby

Smash Journeyman
I think a lot of people around here don't actually understand what the word "confirmed" means. Then there are people who also seem to think Sakurai's personal mission, for which he is solely responsible, is to make sure they aren't happy.

This whole community could do with a big plate of reality sandwiches.

Dairz

Smash Ace
Ridley's shadow was showed in the BOSSES part of the Direct, like ... 10 minutes before they started to talk about characters, he was showed in the Pyrosphere stage and with Metroid and Mother Brain as Assist Trophies, the options for "an enemy from Samus's past" are running out, that's why I say Ridley is as dead as PT
Yeah, Ridley is basically confirmed as a boss. The only chance hes not is if Sakurai wanted a future Ridley reveal to be a surprise- but thats a desperate theory. It still has a better chance of happening then Pokemon Trainer joining the battle and punching his old Charizard in the face, but not by much.

shinhed-echi

Smash Hero
NNID
punchtropics
3DS FC
5301-0890-0238
Villager's Up B:

Nintendog's new AT:

You guys simply can't be impartials, you always disconfirm what you want :laugh:
lol. this so much.
Ridley needs an image all to himself because his grave would be too big. :p

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
Villager's Up B:

Nintendog's new AT:

Sorry guys, but....

*clicks Like button*

Please don't kill me....

Last edited:

APC99

Smash Master
NNID
APC-99
3DS FC
3840-8265-8211
Yeah, I'm a bit confused as well as to why it was unstickied...

I'll wait for a moderator to reply to this thread.

EDIT: It's in the Character Discussion thread now... OK, probably a better place for it.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

It's Sakurai.

Remember, this is the man who nearly made ZSS mains' hearts stop for fun.
To be fair, supporters could counter that with "But he could be teasing him to prepare for a BIG reveal."

But yeah, Ridley is pretty much out at this point. Might as well start digging a grave for him because once he's in it, he's never coming out.

SmasherMaster

Smash Lord
NNID
TelevisionGamer
Life support Candiadates

Ridley
Squirtle
Ivysaur
Mii
Lip
Balloon Fighter
Toad

These are characters who were either debated to be disconfirmed or assumed to deconfirmed.

Last edited:

SirCamp

Smash Ace
I have to ask, but am I missing something regarding Tiki being confirmed unplayable? Was a just her trophy reveal in the direct? Because I guess I'm not sure how that would de-confirm her, so to speak. I mean, sure she is incredibly unlikely now, but is she really de-confirmed? Playable characters get trophies as well. Or am I misremembering that? Did that change with Brawl?

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
I have to ask, but am I missing something regarding Tiki being confirmed unplayable? Was a just her trophy reveal in the direct? Because I guess I'm not sure how that would de-confirm her, so to speak. I mean, sure she is incredibly unlikely now, but is she really de-confirmed? Playable characters get trophies as well. Or am I misremembering that? Did that change with Brawl?
If they're shown as anything but playable first, they're deconfirmed. "Only characters shown on the website are fighters." Basically, she was shown as non-playable through other means, meaning she's deconfirmed.

SirCamp

Smash Ace
If they're shown as anything but playable first, they're deconfirmed. "Only characters shown on the website are fighters." Basically, she was shown as non-playable through other means, meaning she's deconfirmed.
Ah, fair enough. I figured it could just be Sakurai trolling again. :rolleyes: Oh well.

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
I looked at the Op where's pokemon trainers information box on his deconfirm for getting in (most likely squirtle and ivysaur as well)

Last edited:

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
The lack of Ridley in the picture is pretty stupid.

Tepig2000

Smash Champion
3DS FC
2938-8785-9936
NOW THAT IS STUPID. They haven't shown up whatsoever.
And despite that most people are calling them dead. Just because Charizard has been shown alone. My theory is that all of them are in (as separate characters, of course) but Sakurai decided to show Charizard first because he is overrated.

Gunla

It's my bit, you see.
Administrator
BRoomer
Writing Team
Ivy and Squirtle are nowhere near disconfirmed.
They, AFAIK, have no plans to even be in the disconfirmed section. At the most, they'd be in life support.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom