• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Graveyard: Disconfirmed Character Thread (SAKURAAAAAAAAAI!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Skyblade12

Banned via Warnings
3DS FC
1547-6378-0895
Well I guess there is that chance... but it just doesn't happen for Zelda characters... I guess with Hyrule Warriors though it could.
The only Zelda AT we have had is Tingle. Did you really want him promoted? Ghirahim has a much better chance.

Bunny8093

Smash Journeyman
The only Zelda AT we have had is Tingle. Did you really want him promoted? Ghirahim has a much better chance.
Well we got Midna too even though she's new and as long as Impa isn't cloney I'll be more than okay with her as the rep.

Ghirahim's getting a gold grave, right?
One emblazoned with diamonds, his tongue, and Demise's Sword?

kthxbai
I second this. He needs the Gold treatment.

Last edited:

Skyblade12

Banned via Warnings
3DS FC
1547-6378-0895
Well we got Midna too even though she's new and as long as Impa isn't cloney I'll be more than okay with her as the rep.
Midna is a new AT, she wasn't in Brawl, so she can't be promoted.

My point was that if one AT (Little Mac) can be promoted, than the potential is there for them all. Ghirahim has a chance next time.

You said it doesn't happen for Zelda AT's, but the only one we had who has been an AT for an entire game so far is Tingle. Once Ghirahim gets through this game, he can be promoted in the next one.

Skyblade12

Banned via Warnings
3DS FC
1547-6378-0895
Ghirahim's getting a gold grave, right?
One emblazoned with diamonds, his tongue, and Demise's Sword?

kthxbai
I third this. I'm not even a Ghirahim fan (I haven't gotten to him yet, I've only just started Skyward Sword, it took me forever to find a copy). But from his fanbase, it's clear that he deserves a gold headstone.

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
The Fabulous Friendly Super Sparkle Train
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
Ghirahim

Series:
Debut: The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword
Disconfirmation: August 21, 2014 (Pic of the Day)
Role: Assist Trophy

"Come to me, Link. You and I, we're bound by that thread of fate. Destined to fight."

Ghirahim, or as he prefers to be called, Demon Lord Ghirahim (but he's not fussy) is the eccentric main antagonist of Zelda: Skyward Sword. Throughout the game, he relentlessly pursues Zelda in order to use her soul to revive his "master". He clashes swords with the heroic Link time and time again, gradually revealing himself to be the sword of the demon king, Demise. In the end, he kidnaps Zelda and successfully resurrects Demise, and disappears into his sword. Ghirahim is characterized his flamboyant self-obsession, and a tendency for theatrics. Ghirahim speaks in a calm, collected, and polite manner, but as his plans to revive his master are continually foiled, he slowly devolves into a murderous rage, vowing to drag Link into "an eternity of torment". Additionally, he is a master of all manners of magic and swordplay, being able to create swords from thin air, erect magical barriers that are impossible to take down, summon all forms of monsters to serve him, and even teleport anywhere instantaneously, all with a snap of his fingers.

Needless to say, Ghirahim's dramatic flair and over-the-top antics made him a fan-favorite in the Zelda fan-base. Much fan labor was created in his image, and his popularity even earned him a spot in the roster of the Zelda and Dynasty Warriors crossover game, Hyrule Warriors, where his flamboyant nature and extensive magic abilities are faithfully intact. Naturally, Ghirahim's following resulted in much support for his inclusion in the new Super Smash Bros. But sadly, this support was not enough, and Ghirahim has met the fate of Midna and Skull Kid before him, as another in the collection of Assist Trophies. Ghirahim has unfortunately missed his chance to antagonize Link with fellow Zelda series villain Ganondorf. Ghirahim's demise has disappointed many of his fans, but perhaps they will find solace in the fact his Gracefulness has been well represented in both Hyrule Warriors and Super Smash Bros, and that his time to shine may rise again. Until then, let us remember his beauty, grace, and style.

"Good bye, sky child. Run and play this time."

Last edited:

Skyblade12

Banned via Warnings
3DS FC
1547-6378-0895
Ghirahim is characterized his flamboyant self-obsession, and a tendency for theatrics.
"Characterized by his flamboyant", I think you meant.

Ghirahim has unfortunately missed his chance to antagonize Link along with fellow Zelda series villain Ganondorf.
This part I feel should be reworded. It makes it sound as though Ganondorf is also disconfirmed. "Ghirahim has unfortunately missed his chance to join fellow Zelda series villain Ganondorf in antagonizing Link." would be better.

TitanTeaTime

Smash Lord
NNID
TitanTeaTime
3DS FC
2165-6601-4781
My condolences to Ghirahim, but...
...If we ever get Zant disconfirmed, I want to claim his obituary in advance. If he doesn't get confirmed or disconfirmed and is just mysteriously absent from the final game, I'm still writing an obituary. I'm mostly hoping that he at least gets SOMETHING now that 2 one-off Zelda villains are ATs, but yeah I'll be doing that when the time comes

Bravetriforcer

Smash Ace
"Do you have any idea how that leak made me feel inside? FURIOUS! OUTRAGED! SICK WITH ANGER!"

-Masahiro Sakurai, August 21st after the leak.

Last edited:

Pacack

Super Pac-Fan
NNID
Pacack
3DS FC
0688-5284-6845
How about we make Pokemon Trainer, Toad, Chrom, and Takamaru's graves "Platinum", and give golden graves more liberally; or start giving out silver and bronze graves as well. I'm personally a fan of the latter idea, myself.

Here's who I'd say deserves what:

Silver:
Starfy
Balloon Fighter
Skull Kid
Ashley
Waluigi
Dark Samus
Midna
Zoroark
Samurai Goroh
Lyn
Dillon
Wonder Red
Tingle
Shadow (Because of Miiverse popularity)
Kamek
Genesect
Ghirahim

Bronze:
Nintendog
Knuckle Joe
Victini
Saki
Tiki
Meowth
Deoxys
Tom Nook
Magnus
Cranky Kong
Nabbit
Rayman

Marakatu

Smash Ace
Things will get a little subjective. I mean, people may think that Tiki deserved a spot more than Lyn, Tom Nook deserved more than Ashley or Cranky deserved more than Genesect.

D

Deleted member

Yikes. I'm sorry about Ghirahim. Still, an Assist Trophy role is better than nothing! He looks pretty good for one!

Speculator

Smash Ace
Tingle was the only legitimate choice for a Zelda newcomer next to the characters already present. I'm poised to say that with him gone and Sheik eating up a fifth slot now, we won't be seeing any Zelda newcomers at all.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
We could look at Phantom Zelda being the Zelda newcomer as she replaces Sheik.

TheDarkKnightNoivern

Smash Master
Tingle was the only legitimate choice for a Zelda newcomer next to the characters already present. I'm poised to say that with him gone and Sheik eating up a fifth slot now, we won't be seeing any Zelda newcomers at all.
Impa says hi, also I disagree that zelda already (basically) having 5 slots means we won't get a 6th, If mario and pokemon get new reps so should zelda. It's only fair. Zelda shouldn't be deprived of new character because the 3DS can't do transformations (that's likely the reason for seperation)

Last edited:

rmw6190

Smash Rookie
Ghirihim, impa, ganon(pig form), demise, toon ganondorf, midna and ghirihim all 'deserve' spots over tingle.

Bunny8093

Smash Journeyman
Midna is a new AT, she wasn't in Brawl, so she can't be promoted.

My point was that if one AT (Little Mac) can be promoted, than the potential is there for them all. Ghirahim has a chance next time.

You said it doesn't happen for Zelda AT's, but the only one we had who has been an AT for an entire game so far is Tingle. Once Ghirahim gets through this game, he can be promoted in the next one.
I figured that's what you meant I was just making sure. Chances are though if a Zelda character has only been in one game, they will be AT and stay AT. Only ones that could get in now though the odds are stacked against them are: Impa, Vaati, Tetra, and Toon Zelda (a clone and with Zelda's new phantom move I just don't know...)

Ahem... Skull Kid, Midna, Tingle, and now Ghirahim.
Right right I'm sorry I'm a bit caught up in a bunch of stuff >.<
But as I said before I was just discussing the Little Mac theory.

@KenithTheGatherer That was beautiful, you did Ghirahim Justice!

I only ask that Ghirahim have a gold grave because he was highly wanted by many, I thought that's how it was with all of these characters? I guess I would be okay with the Silver and Bronze idea @Pacack was talking about...

Speculator

Smash Ace
Ghirihim, impa, ganon(pig form), demise, toon ganondorf, midna and ghirihim all 'deserve' spots over tingle.
Support characters and one-offs over a character with his own series?

The fact is that all the 'important' Zelda characters are covered in SSB. Tingle is the next closest thing (pre-Hyrule Warriors, at least, which most of the development of SSB4 is). I suppose they could go the Lucina route with Impa and make her a Sheik clone, but I wouldn't be happy about it. The differences between Sheik and Impa are much more distinct than the differences between Marth and Lucina, and I don't think they'd be doing Impa justice by having her simply inherit somebody elses' moveset.

iam8bit

Smash Ace
Not that it actually matters, but Ghirahim doesn't deserve a Gold tombstone IMO. He's not one of the most popular requests, just a character in a very popular series.

Chzrm3

Smash Ace
3DS FC
3926-5442-3703
Ooo, how come Cranky's in there? Was he trophey'd and I missed it?

EdgeTheLucas

Smash Lord
Ooo, how come Cranky's in there? Was he trophey'd and I missed it?
The Jungle Japes stage that Sakurai brought back from Melee has him inside the house, so he's not playable.

Which is pretty sad since he could've been fun with his Tropical Freeze abilities.

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
Not that it actually matters, but Ghirahim doesn't deserve a Gold tombstone IMO. He's not one of the most popular requests, just a character in a very popular series.
Actually, he IS one of the most popular requests, even if he's not within the Top 5 he's still ranked consistently high, even though I personally always thought people were overrating Ghirahim's chances.

False Sense

Ad Astra Per Aspera
NNID
FalseSense
3DS FC
3368-2599-3209
I never said gold grave at all. At the very least, a silver grave is appreciated.
Huh. Must have misread that. Too many mentions of gold graves on this page...

Though some kind of grave at least is warranted.

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
Prince Sable was brought up decently often, but I don't think it was often enough for even a Silver. Ghirahim I think does warrant a Gold.

Skyfox2000

War it never changes...
NNID
Skyfox2000
So I guess were not getting a Zelda Newcomer after all what a shame. We done got 3 de-confirmed Minda, Skull Kid and now Ghirahim all de-confirmed

I will throw a fit if Vaati makes in in over Ghirahim!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom