• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Gold Mine 4

archer.

Smash Lord
I can house people Friday night but Saturday night is a no-go unfortunately... have to leave for somewhere else that morning.

archer.

Smash Lord
How would you guys feel if I lowered the entry fees for Melee to $5 for singles and $10 per team for doubles?

archer.

Smash Lord
Stingers thought the entry fees were too high based on how many people are expected to show up. I told him he was the only person to raise such a concern and that everyone else was fine with it. IMO Brawl at least should have enough people to warrant $10/event/person but I wasn't sure about Melee so I wanted opinions.

EDIT: Also he said a certain somebody would 100% go if entry fees were lowered but I guess even though it sucks for him, I can't just cater to one person on this.

[FBC] ESAM

Smash Legend
>_> 5$ tournaments are a joke. I feel like even if you win one you get like 20 buck profit, which sucks.

Also, I really need help getting to this @_@

Mekos

Smash Master
NNID
Mekos123
yo someone get my boy Esam to this tourney! I don't get why people won't go if offered gas money. The drive aint that bad at all. Shooo I go to New Jersey if I'm not in the hole with gas money.

VA has beat us in teams everytime they come. This new dynasty needs to hold it down for NC!

Mekos

Smash Master
NNID
Mekos123
I dunno he is most likely in bed right now. I just got back from the library like 2 hours ago and havn't talked to him. He seems to be struggling real bad tho.

stingers

Smash Obsessed
lol the best players obviously want entry fees as high as possible
lol I know right
I plan on winning money at this dont get me wrong =] but lower entry fees are better for growth in general...and this doesn't really have too many oos coming so why not?

H1N1

Smash Journeyman
lol I know right
I plan on winning money at this dont get me wrong =] but lower entry fees are better for growth in general...and this doesn't really have too many oos coming so why not?
oh there are many oos going. in fact this tourney is one of the biggest ever in NC. The side event includes bobbing for apples.

[FBC] ESAM

Smash Legend
>_> When you have low entry fee there is less incentive for anybody but locals to show up.

Juno, check your PMs.

Dr Peepee

Thanks for Everything <3
BRoomer
lol I know right
It has plenty of OOS. It's not a regional or anything.

me and kevin are teaming at this. right kevin
you're not even coming you FOOL

plus I'd carry you in apple bobbing

The_Doug

Smash Ace
Might be able to go to this tourney. Confirming a ride at present. The NC crew have always been wicked cool, and it would be great to see ya guys again.

Top Bottom