• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Gold Mine 4

archer.

Smash Lord

Tournament Organizer: archibald (336-880-8819)

Please post in this thread if you plan to bring either a full or partial setup.

I......Location [LOC]
II.....Parking [PAR]
III....Times, Fees, and Payouts [TIM]
IV....Rules [RUL]
V.....Setups [SET]
VI....Dining [DIN]
VII...Attendance and Interested List [ATT]

I. Location [LOC]
Cone University Center, Room 112A-B
9201 University City Boulevard
Charlotte, NC 28223​
II. Parking [PAR]
Parking is free on the weekends. Park in the Cone Deck, which is right beside the Cone University Center Here is a picture of the area.
III. Times, Fees, and Payouts [TIM]
12:00 PM - Doors open and registration begins
1:00 PM - Doubles Begins
5:00 PM - Singles Begins
11:00 PM - Doors close and WE ARE OUT OF THE BUILDING.

$5 Door Fee
$10 Singles Entry (per event)
$20 (per team) Doubles Entry (per event)

Door fee will be reduced to $3 if you bring a partial setup (a Wii with Brawl/GC with Melee, OR a TV)
Door fee will be waived completely if you bring a full setup (a Wii with Brawl/GC with Melee AND a TV)

Payout for all events will be 60/30/10 split of the pot, with higher attendance this may be changed to a top 5 payout​
IV. Rules [RUL]
Brawl Singles and Doubles will be using The Apex 2012 ruleset.

Melee Singles and Doubles will use the following ruleset:

[COLLAPSE="Melee Rules"] - Items are set to off
- Stock - 4
- Timer - 8 minutes
- All sets are best of 3 (except all finals, which are best of 5)
- Stage Striking (1-2-2-1 fashion) will be done for match 1
- After the victor of a match is determined, the winner will announce 1 stage to ban (if they have not already done so) for the rest of the set. The loser will then select the stage for the next match. Then the winner of the previous match will choose their character, and then the loser will select theirs. This process will be continued until the winner of the set is determined.
- If there is a dispute over ports, then play rock-paper-scissors for it
- In the event of a timeout, sudden death is to be ignored. The winner will be decided first by stock, and then percentage. If both players have the same stock and percent, then the match must be replayed.
- Modified Dave's Stupid Rule: No player can counter pick a stage he or she has previously won on unless agreed upon by both players
- Gentleman's Rule: Any stage may be played on so long as both players agree to it, including banned stages
- Stalling (such as Peach bomber under a stage, Ice Climbers' freeze glitch, etc.) is banned
- Wobbling is NOT banned
- For doubles, life stealing is allowed and Team Attack is set to ON

Stage Selection: Singles

Neutral Stages

- Final Destination
- Dreamland 64
- Battlefield
- Yoshi Story
- Fountain of Dreams

Counterpick Stages

- All neutral stages
- Pokemon Stadium
- Brinstar
- Rainbow Cruise
- Kongo Jungle

Stage Selection: Doubles

Neutral Stages

- Final Destination
- Dreamland 64
- Battlefield
- Yoshi Story
- Pokemon Stadium

Counterpick Stages

- All neutral stages
- Brinstar
- Rainbow Cruise
- Kongo Jungle[/COLLAPSE]​

V. Setups [SET]
This is a list of people who are bringing a TV and/or a Wii.

TV's
- Venue
- Venue
- Venue
- Venue
- Venue

Wii/GC
VI. Dining [DIN]
Off campus there are a number of fast food places, pizza places, and other restaurants.​
VII. Attendance and Interested List [ATT]
NC
- archibald
- H1N1
- Uncle
- Kadaj

Out of State

SC
- ESAM

FL
- MVD

Player-1

Smash Legend
Random Rainbow Cruise tournament and I'll bring GA, you guys won't have a tournament without us so you better cater to my demands.

archer.

Smash Lord
We have TV's already, five of them in fact. People can bring Wii's easily. I'd like to do Random RC but time constraints (noon to 11pm) at this building might make it hard.

Dr Peepee

Thanks for Everything <3
BRoomer
Bits need to come here if they wanna play Melee with me! If we get Melee people comin I won't enter Brawl(more time for friendlies) at this ;)

Dr Peepee

Thanks for Everything <3
BRoomer
Well it's supposed to be training anyway you bit

MM me then lol

Edit: haven't even seen whether I should enter or not yet anyway XD

Dr Peepee

Thanks for Everything <3
BRoomer
number of people coming for Melee so I can have different people to play. otherwise I'll be bored and will wanna play Brawl too(also Melee people get emo playing me so that's lame).

H1N1

Smash Journeyman
number of people coming for Melee so I can have different people to play. otherwise I'll be bored and will wanna play Brawl too(also Melee people get emo playing me so that's lame).
i heard from some distant sources that farm might be here. yeah thats right... farm and he's probably playing mario. remember 2 years ago at GXCS2 when he played armada and m2k in teams after they destroyed his partner. it was a 1 to 8 stock 2on1 and he pulled out his cell phone to order some pizza and even went to the bathroom and still won. i think you may be the emo one this time peepee

~Tac~

One day at a time.
NNID
Kamidachi
Switch FC
SW-6745-2861-2990
(also Melee people get emo playing me so that's lame).
Means either they don't care to learn or you aren't ****** them hard enough. ;)

i heard from some distant sources that farm might be here. yeah thats right... farm and he's probably playing mario. remember 2 years ago at GXCS2 when he played armada and m2k in teams after they destroyed his partner. it was a 1 to 8 stock 2on1 and he pulled out his cell phone to order some pizza and even went to the bathroom and still won. i think you may be the emo one this time peepee
Loooooooooolllllll.

I want to be at this. Needs to happen, son. Gotta get that Doctor PeePractice in. Pending confirmation.

archer.

Smash Lord
I'll do it if AND ONLY IF he confirms and gets the rest of the triangle area to 100% confirm as well.

Top Bottom