• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social The Gates of Hell: Bayonetta Social Thread

Hinata

Never forget, a believing heart is your magic.
Switch FC
SW-5535-3962-2797
So is she coming out at like mid day or midnight or what? the anticipation is kiling me! *dies*
Afternoon on the 3rd for America, morning on the 4th for Europe and Japan.

Benmjy

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Benmjy
3DS FC
1203-9240-1897
it's crazy because I'm pretty positive I'm the only one that uses the Gamepad as my main controller. The 3DS is similar to the the Gamepad so I have no trouble on the 3DS at all. Maybe it's because I never played Melee seriously and I played it just for fun, so the controller never stuck with me? (and the fact that I was probably 6 or something idk how old I was when I played it.)

Devil May Plop

BANG BANG BANG
NNID
HalfDampKitenSox
3DS FC
0302-0852-2165
it's crazy because I'm pretty positive I'm the only one that uses the Gamepad as my main controller. The 3DS is similar to the the Gamepad so I have no trouble on the 3DS at all. Maybe it's because I never played Melee seriously and I played it just for fun, so the controller never stuck with me? (and the fact that I was probably 6 or something idk how old I was when I played it.)
I use the gamepad too! But I do prefer the GC remotes.

Benmjy

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Benmjy
3DS FC
1203-9240-1897
I use the gamepad too! But I do prefer the GC remotes.
Ahhh yay! Twinning lol. But I mean I totally get why most people use the GC controllers especially if you've been playing competitively but I only just got serious with Smash when the 3DS version came out so that control scheme along with the Gamepad is what I'm best with!

thesuperjag

Smash Cadet
NNID
TheSuperJAG
The only reason why I'm stucked with the GameCube controller is not because of the competitiveness, but rather because I'm used to based on experienced in Smash with One Hand. :)

Hinata

Switch FC
SW-5535-3962-2797
I'm used to the Gamecube controller solely because I've been playing since the N64 version, which means I've played every Smash game afterwards with the Gamecube controller.

Although I am pretty good with the GamePad too.

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
Hmm
I've been considering selling my 3DS version
I love the game and having portable Smash
But I only ever fight CPUs on it :/
Plus then Bayo and Corrin will be cheaper :0
I only ever play the Wii U version now anyways
I pretty much use it to research and test things when I have free time in between classes.

Greda

Smash Journeyman
I'm not comfortable using any controller. GameCube cramps my hands, my GamePad has issues, Pro Controller and 3DS are wireless... and Wii Remote. I don't even need to comment on that.

Mothman

Smash Apprentice
I started out using the 3ds but when I started going to tournaments I realized how uncomfortable it was to play smash on it for long periods of times to the point where I got blisters.....so I ended up getting the wii u, and I now use the gamecube controller which is much more ergonomic. It took a while to get used to the new controller but I pretty much had it figured out after a month, and I dont have to worry about the battery running out

Alhobbies440

Smash Apprentice
I know this is early but I'm calling it right now, this character is the best in the game. A dive kick that's safe on shield, witch time that isn't mega punishable, neutral b to halt aerial approaches, can rack up damage easily with optimized combos, a reliable spike off stage, excellent recovery, and she can easily carry characters to whatever blast zone(mainly the top) on punishes to kill them with an aerial. If she doesn't end up being the best she will definitely be complained about nearly as much if not more than Sheik.

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
Just wait until we see how neutral is.
for real tho, it sucks that I have class till about 6:30 pm tomorrow I'm going to be checking the time on my phone all day and crying
About 5:30 for me worst case scenario. I'll be checking patch notes.

Hinata

Switch FC
SW-5535-3962-2797

Greda

Smash Journeyman
rip nintendos servers tomorrow.

Can anyone give me tips on how to download the Sm4sh update on 3DS quickly?

I won't be by my Wii U until a little later.

Last edited:

Mothman

Smash Apprentice
I really hope theres a thread here for Bayo Dittos, is that gona be allowed? it would be so convenient to just go and post whenever someone is looking for Bayo dittos

Ghidorah14

Smash Ace
rip nintendos servers tomorrow.

Can anyone give me tips on how to download the Sm4sh update on 3DS quickly?

I won't be by my Wii U until a little later.
You can just boot up the game and go to the DLC shop (press Y at the main menu). If there's a patch, you'll be promoted to DL it.

BlackCephie

Smash Journeyman
I know this is early but I'm calling it right now, this character is the best in the game. A dive kick that's safe on shield, witch time that isn't mega punishable, neutral b to halt aerial approaches, can rack up damage easily with optimized combos, a reliable spike off stage, excellent recovery, and she can easily carry characters to whatever blast zone(mainly the top) on punishes to kill them with an aerial. If she doesn't end up being the best she will definitely be complained about nearly as much if not more than Sheik.
I dont know if she is going to be the best, but i do think she will be really good. Good enough to shake up the metagame. Then again it looks like Corrin will too, which I think is a good thing. That said, I think Bayo will have a higher learning curve but I guess we will see.

Ghidorah14

Smash Ace
It is now past 12 am, which means it's technically feb. 3rd, and still no bayonetta.

WTF NINTENDO U HOLDIN' OUT ON US????????!!!!!11

Last edited:

Lakuto

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Lakutos
If Europe gets the DLC on the 4th, that means the US shouldn't get Bayonetta before 7PM-ish EST... I guess?

Greda

Smash Journeyman
It drops Feb 4th in Europe right?

Well how much longer till Feb 4th?
This is all in PST.

Well, NoE is located in Frankfurt. That's 9 hours ahead of me. Morning is when Bayo releases and typically 6AM or 7AM to 11:59AM.

If so, Bayonetta releases 9PM earliest. But that makes no sense since Bayo is in afternoon.

If she releases 12AM there, then that would make it 3PM here. Which makes sense.

Last edited:

Tobi_Whatever

あんたバカァ~!?
NNID
Tobi_whatever
Solely based on math, Bayo will release between 7-10 pm in burgerclapland depending on timezones, and 4 am on the 4th in krautland

KingBIG

Smash Rookie
NNID
GreenTbagger
Nintendo America's Twitter has already stated in the "Afternoon" which is pretty ambiguous, unless there has been a change. None the less my best guess is by that assumption is that somewhere in between 3-5pm est.

Raider 88

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Raider704
3DS FC
5086-1674-5462
Do we know what any of Bayonetta's taunts are yet? I'm really hoping they're straight from her games, like 'dreadful!' and 'do you want to touch me?'

Tobi_Whatever

あんたバカァ~!?
NNID
Tobi_whatever
Last edited:

Volga

Juggling Veteran
NNID
Saltytitan
3DS FC
0533-7336-5044
Do we know what any of Bayonetta's taunts are yet? I'm really hoping they're straight from her games, like 'dreadful!' and 'do you want to touch me?'
I know one of the taunts is from the Joy vs Bayonetta Dance Off cutscene from the first game. I don't remember the other two.

Edit:Just remembered,another taunt is from Bayo 2,if you hold Down.
"If you need to learn how to talk to a lady,ask your mum"

Last edited:

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
The Fabulous Friendly Super Sparkle Train
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442

Arti

Smash Cadet
NNID
Arti31415
3DS FC
2621-3001-2960
"Dreadful" is her spotdodge, actually. Her spotdodge is a taunt, which is amazing

Top Bottom