• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social The Gates of Hell: Bayonetta Social Thread

Volga

Juggling Veteran
NNID
Saltytitan
3DS FC
0533-7336-5044
"If you'd like baby,we could forget time and dance until nightfall" - Scarecrow,Majora's Mask.
Today's the day folks,now we just gotta wait.

Burgundy

kick kick
NNID
SuperSableye24
3DS FC
5456-0591-6968
I don't want to go to school today I'm too excited! *-* But I'm sure Bayonetta wouldn't want me skipping school. :p

Lorde

Let 'em talk
Switch FC
SW-6881-0865-5788
The wait is going to kill me.

I just want to play Bayo now!

Hopefully, they release her at a decent time, instead of something like 6 pm EST.

Ghidorah14

Smash Ace
I have the luxury of being able to sleep in tomorrow, so I think I'll just stay up late and then get up late, too. And hopefully, she'll be downloadable when I get up.

If not, I'll just drown my salt with coffee.

Benishigure

You need to MOVE.
I'm a genius.

I forgot to deposit my $50 into my bank account so I can transfer it to my eShop account and use it to buy Bayo and Corrin.

I'll probably just ask my mum (heh) if I can borrow off her and pay her back or something.

Volga

Juggling Veteran
NNID
Saltytitan
3DS FC
0533-7336-5044
I got school,but i have only one class active at the moment. the others don't start till later. so I'll just play Smash with others until its time for me to head out. I know they can't wait for Bayonetta as much as I can :p

so much Salt there,i should bring a bucket of french fries for it.

Benishigure

You need to MOVE.
Wait so Nintendo has actually given the time that Bayo/Corrin will be released?

Heck yas, that means I have time to deposit my money tomorrow morning. :D

Devil May Plop

BANG BANG BANG
NNID
HalfDampKitenSox
3DS FC
0302-0852-2165
Man, I still need to go to school for seven hours, stay after school for almost two extra ones, then wait for parents to help me out.

They seem so far...

Burgundy

kick kick
NNID
SuperSableye24
3DS FC
5456-0591-6968
Eh that's fine tbh
Better to get my HW done then spend the rest of the night with Bayo
But wait, source?

Last edited:

Burgundy

kick kick
NNID
SuperSableye24
3DS FC
5456-0591-6968
Hmm, first thing imma do with her is a couple matches against Corrin, just to get a feel for her in Smash. Then, I wanna go into 8 player Smash and record some replays as the 7th player. I want to see her victory poses with the purple background! :O
Then I'll do the single player modes for the trophies ~

Last edited:

deepseadiva

Bodybuilding Magical Girl
3DS FC
1779-0766-2622
While we're on the subject of Bayonetta's status as a feminist icon or an object of male fantasy, I thought I'd share this article I really enjoyed:
http://atomicchainsaw.blogspot.jp/2014/10/your-mistake-was-to-underestimate-my.html
Thank you for sharing this.

One thing I love about Bayonetta is that at minimum she instigates conversations about women and video games. Not like you'll see feminist dissertations on the Peach boards or something, lol.

"Is Bayonetta sexist?" is a guilty question, since it seems to pop up in everyone's mind who's played the game. And IN A WORLD WHERE PERCEPTION IS REALITY... Bayonetta lives in a world of gray. She's genuinely a complex character with 3D traits:
• designed by a woman
• created by a male dominated industry
• sold to a male audience
• independent and powerful on par with characters like Kratos
• never lowered in her games

She's a Fighting F*** Toy, no doubt, but her games respect her. She's an object for the male gaze but she GAZES BACK. She's not one that needs saving, she forms important female relationships (good AND evil), has virtually no male romantic interest (most importantly her story isn't fueled by one), and is a single mother.

Overall, her in-game execution gives her a lot of respect and if it didn't I think we would have seen a much more typical (and more boring) game. Imagine if she never looked back at the camera. Or if Luka was a main character. Or if Jeanne was a male character. (All horrifying ideas).

But instead Bayonetta is self aware, with female characters left and right, and no one stronger to look up to. But it's important for us to be self aware as well, and not just swallow a pill that Bayonetta solves all problems with women in video games. Mainly... where are the rest? Where are the female protagonists that AREN'T strippers? Where are the female-led games that don't have her in booty shorts? The number of those games is growing, and Bayonetta adds a very unique and deeper-than-you-would-think character to that stack.

This article is good as well and highlights the different views women gamers and developers have about her:

http://www.negativeworld.org/featur...-bayonetta-franchise-part-1-of-2#.VrHu0F9HanM

To see through both the light and the dark is to see the truth of existence, and when combined we have the ultimate power of creation to form any reality we wish.

Volga

Juggling Veteran
NNID
Saltytitan
3DS FC
0533-7336-5044
Omni has seen the light.
mission accomplished.

Volga

Juggling Veteran
NNID
Saltytitan
3DS FC
0533-7336-5044
Lets see. I leave for school at around 8. Class starts at 9. then i'm Smashing with others till 12,or 1 if my ride's generous.
then its just waiting from there. simple enough......I hope.

ZaneHitsurugi

Smash Ace
Thank you for sharing this.

One thing I love about Bayonetta is that at minimum she instigates conversations about women and video games. Not like you'll see feminist dissertations on the Peach boards or something, lol.

"Is Bayonetta sexist?" is a guilty question, since it seems to pop up in everyone's mind who's played the game. And IN A WORLD WHERE PERCEPTION IS REALITY... Bayonetta lives in a world of gray. She's genuinely a complex character with 3D traits:
• designed by a woman
• created by a male dominated industry
• sold to a male audience
• independent and powerful on par with characters like Kratos
• never lowered in her games

She's a Fighting F*** Toy, no doubt, but her games respect her. She's an object for the male gaze but she GAZES BACK. She's not one that needs saving, she forms important female relationships (good AND evil), has virtually no male romantic interest (most importantly her story isn't fueled by one), and is a single mother.

Overall, her in-game execution gives her a lot of respect and if it didn't I think we would have seen a much more typical (and more boring) game. Imagine if she never looked back at the camera. Or if Luka was a main character. Or if Jeanne was a male character. (All horrifying ideas).

But instead Bayonetta is self aware, with female characters left and right, and no one stronger to look up to. But it's important for us to be self aware as well, and not just swallow a pill that Bayonetta solves all problems with women in video games. Mainly... where are the rest? Where are the female protagonists that AREN'T strippers? Where are the female-led games that don't have her in booty shorts? The number of those games is growing, and Bayonetta adds a very unique and deeper-than-you-would-think character to that stack.

This article is good as well and highlights the different views women gamers and developers have about her:

http://www.negativeworld.org/featur...-bayonetta-franchise-part-1-of-2#.VrHu0F9HanM

To see through both the light and the dark is to see the truth of existence, and when combined we have the ultimate power of creation to form any reality we wish.
Why do people keep spreading the misinformation that she's a single mother?

Tobi_Whatever

あんたバカァ~!?
NNID
Tobi_whatever
A haiku for the occasion

Please Bayonetta
Godddamn get released faster
I am dying here

Last edited:

Benmjy

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Benmjy
3DS FC
1203-9240-1897
Hold up, doesn't maintenance only restrict actually playing online? isn't it possible that we could download the patch and get the characters and just play them offline in the early part of the maintenance? I swear I've done it before.

Last edited:
Top Bottom