• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social The Gates of Hell: Bayonetta Social Thread

Hinata

Never forget, a believing heart is your magic.
Switch FC
SW-5535-3962-2797
Good idea, let's try that.

Yo, anyone here want to buy me Bay bae and Dragon bae or something?
Eh, I was considering doing that for someone anyway. I got $50 on my eShop account and nothing besides Bayo and Corrin to spend it on.

MysteriousSilver

Smash Ace
It's frustrating to me that people insist that Bayonetta's character is somehow sexist. I try not to be the type to assume others' motivations, but it makes it seem that being sexy is a death sentence for a character, no matter what else makes them up.

Being sexy is the only problem that Bayonetta has. She's the protagonist of her own game, absurdly powerful and always in control, and extremely intelligent. She has in no way discarded femininity, but at the same time there are things about her appearance--both in terms of body type and fashion choices--that would not be considered traditionally attractive. Most people aren't going to go for the beehive hairdoo, but she rocks it, and clearly relishes that. She was designed by a woman. She repeatedly saves a particular man from peril, and also fights directly against her father and his wishes for how she should live her life.

Her only sin to weigh against all of this is that she flaunts her sexuality.

I don't see why she can't be allowed to be sexy. It's never something that places her in a weak position, it's only another strength.

Prynne

Smash Apprentice
Bayonetta's use of sexuality and her focus on appearance seems to be done almost exclusively for her own enjoyment. It's all for her, and she doesn't much care for who's watching, because those watching fall into three categories: 1) The angels, who she is murdering 2) The secondary characters in the game, none of whom she needs to impress and 3) The audience, who she seems playfully aware of, and doesn't mind them watching her. She just likes to be sexy of her own volition. At least that's how I interpreted it.

Also Platinum tier ftw.

Ghidorah14

Smash Ace
If someone gets a JV3 stock with bayonetta, it should be called a "Pure Platinum stock."

Like "oh man, i just Pure Platinum'd that guy!"

Last edited:

ぱみゅ

❤ ~
NNID
kyo.pamyu.pamyu
3DS FC
4785-5700-5699
Switch FC
SW 3264 5694 6605
Pretty sure every single person calling her "sexist" doesn't even know the actual game and has no idea about her personality of "yes, I'm aware I'm sexy, thank you, but still you'll get no sympathy from me".

Now, I'm only wondering if anyone has a site with a countdown to her release.
:196:

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
Also, I forgot to mention he's a rock star. :p

Bayonetta's use of sexuality and her focus on appearance seems to be done almost exclusively for her own enjoyment. It's all for her, and she doesn't much care for who's watching, because those watching fall into three categories: 1) The angels, who she is murdering 2) The secondary characters in the game, none of whom she needs to impress and 3) The audience, who she seems playfully aware of, and doesn't mind them watching her. She just likes to be sexy of her own volition. At least that's how I interpreted it.

Also Platinum tier ftw.
And this reminds me of this: WARNING: Innuendo; https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PK6UaPnRYcc. And this is why I love Devil May Cry. :p

Volga

Juggling Veteran
NNID
Saltytitan
3DS FC
0533-7336-5044
So between:

- You May Call Me Father
- The Greatest Jubilee
- Battle for the Umbra Throne

Which of these would you have wanted the most for the Bayonetta stage?
Its really hard to choose. Battle for the Umbra Throne and Jubilee are tied,but i love all three

Hypothetical: Nintendo releases a tweet saying that Feb. 3 was a mistake and that Bayonetta/Corrin will be released in 10 minutes. Your reaction?
GIVE ME MORE TIME TO CATCH MAH BREATH SON.

Good idea, let's try that.

Yo, anyone here want to buy me Bay bae and Dragon bae or something?
If i ever figure out how to gift people,its a maybe. I got 30 something bucks in my eshop account,and after i get those two,idk what else to get.

Hinata

Switch FC
SW-5535-3962-2797
If i ever figure out how to gift people,its a maybe. I got 30 something bucks in my eshop account,and after i get those two,idk what else to get.
Buy the Wii U/3DS Bundle on whatever console you have, and then give the code for the other console to the other person (Ex: If you have a 3DS, buy the Wii U/3DS bundle, then give the Wii U code to someone with a Wii U who wants it).

Volga

Juggling Veteran
NNID
Saltytitan
3DS FC
0533-7336-5044
Buy the Wii U/3DS Bundle on whatever console you have, and then give the code for the other console to the other person (Ex: If you have a 3DS, buy the Wii U/3DS bundle, then give the Wii U code to someone with a Wii U who wants it).
ahh.
I normally get the bundles too,since i have the game on both sides.
i would imagine combos with her will be tougher on 3DS,so I could give that away if need be.

Hinata

Switch FC
SW-5535-3962-2797
ahh.
I normally get the bundles too,since i have the game on both sides.
i would imagine combos with her will be tougher on 3DS,so I could give that away if need be.
I actually don't plan to play Bayonetta nearly as much on the 3DS, honestly. I'll still have her there just for the sake of completion, but I'll probably play Corrin a lot more on 3DS.

Volga

Juggling Veteran
NNID
Saltytitan
3DS FC
0533-7336-5044
I actually don't plan to play Bayonetta nearly as much on the 3DS, honestly. I'll still have her there just for the sake of completion, but I'll probably play Corrin a lot more on 3DS.
^this.
I mean,what are the chances that a Dragon Morphing Chainsaw Swordsman would make it in this game? I gotta try him out.

Hinata

Switch FC
SW-5535-3962-2797
^this.
I mean,what are the chances that a Dragon Morphing Chainsaw Swordsman would make it in this game? I gotta try him out.
Corrin is gonna be my secondary on Wii U, and my main on 3DS. I am very excited~

Volga

Juggling Veteran
NNID
Saltytitan
3DS FC
0533-7336-5044
Corrin is gonna be my secondary on Wii U, and my main on 3DS. I am very excited~
agreed. now if time could just fly tomorrow,that would be grand.
as for me,Mac is staying as my main,but you can bet that Bayonetta's gonna be on standby. Corrin I don't know yet,but He's kept in mind too.

Burgundy

kick kick
NNID
SuperSableye24
3DS FC
5456-0591-6968
Hmm
I've been considering selling my 3DS version
I love the game and having portable Smash
But I only ever fight CPUs on it :/
Plus then Bayo and Corrin will be cheaper :0
I only ever play the Wii U version now anyways

Last edited:

Ghidorah14

Smash Ace
Y'all are lucky; I've been stuck on the 3DS from day 1. I was going to get a wiiU for christmas, but...stuff happens.

Hinata

Switch FC
SW-5535-3962-2797
Having both versions certainly is nice~ Although the difference in controls is a bit jarring to me. Gamecube controllers are a lot different from 3DS controls.

Burgundy

kick kick
NNID
SuperSableye24
3DS FC
5456-0591-6968
Plus now the DLC characters are on a whole different menu from the regular characters which looks super lame :v

Hinata

Switch FC
SW-5535-3962-2797
Plus now the DLC characters are on a whole different menu from the regular characters which looks super lame :v
The 3DS CSS is disgusting. Hopefully the Wii U version doesn't suffer the same fate tomorrow.

Burgundy

kick kick
NNID
SuperSableye24
3DS FC
5456-0591-6968
The 3DS CSS is disgusting. Hopefully the Wii U version doesn't suffer the same fate tomorrow.
I can't wait until we FINALLY get the perfect rectangle back aaah~
Until FG ruins it because LOL Miis

Last edited:

Volga

Juggling Veteran
NNID
Saltytitan
3DS FC
0533-7336-5044
Y'all are lucky; I've been stuck on the 3DS from day 1. I was going to get a wiiU for christmas, but...stuff happens.
C O L L E G E R E F U N D B O Y S!
Thats how i got my Wiii U at least :p everything else was from saving up,or Christmas Gifts.
having the DLC characters on another screen doesn't seem right to me. the screen should be big enough on Wii U at least.

Also,I don't htink i've used a Gamecube Controller in Smash yet. I started playing this game in Brawl,and that was Wiichuck days. now its the Pro Controller

Last edited:
Top Bottom