• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Full Metal Jaguar BLADE Captain: Elma [Smash DLC] *No XCX spoilers, please!* 37 Days Until XCX!

Should Elma appear in Super Smash Bros for Wii U/3DS?

• Total voters

Pallex

Smash Journeyman
Are there any particular alt skins for Elma that you would like to see?
There are only two alt skins unless you mean palette swap and/or costumes then my costumes choices:

Red Default coloration for Elma
BlackColoration resembles Lynlee.
BrownColoration resembles Van Damme.
GreyColoration resembles Guin.
PurpleColoration resembles Irina
GreenColoration is based on Tatsu.
WhiteColoration is slightly based on Douglas but with a more lighter tone.
Navy BlueColoration is based on Lao.
BlueColoration is based on Ru.
YellowColoration is based on the default model for Cross.

and all the other costumes already mentioned.

Last edited:

Nat Perry

Smash Ace
I'd like to see alt skins based on her party members, like Shulk.

Maybe not exactly like the ones the guy above me posted above...

If there was a swimsuit one like Shulk, the safest (and most tasteful) choice would probably be the white/gray one, lol

Last edited:

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593

If there was a swimsuit one like Shulk, the safest (and most tasteful) choice would probably be the white/gray one, lol

Looks on par with what Zero Suit Samus wore like you've said. Definitely one of the safer outfits they can go for with her character.

Bebe Mignon

Smash Ace
Here's a possible, yet very cool reference to Xenogears.

In the above picture (from the E3 2014 trailer), we can see Elma logging in on a computer. Based on the number of characters in Elma's password, it is the same as "youshallbeasgods", which can be seen in the introduction of Xenogears (video below). I've heard that the same password has been used in the Xenosaga series as well.

Bebe Mignon

Smash Ace
This is my first time creating a moveset for a character, so please bear with me. Any thoughts, comments, criticisms, suggestions, etc.?

[Down Special]
Allows player to switch weapons. Dual Blades and Dual Guns.

[Neutral Special]
Blades: Slashes her blades simultaneously in an "X" formation.
Guns: Shoots a barrage of bullets for a limited amount of time.

[Side Special]
Blades:
Guns: Runs and then slides on her back while shooting her guns.

[Up Special]
Blades:
Guns: Crazy jumping somersaults all while shooting her guns, similar to the .gif above.

Last edited:

Powerman293

Smash Ace
I like it. I'd rather that the guns and blades be dedicated to certain moves rather then interchangable, but it sounds great.

Pallex

Smash Journeyman
Any ideas for that Boxing Ring alias? Maybe, Space Colonel, Commander from another World, Captain of the Squad, Cat Lover, something Xeno something something.

What do you suggest?

Here's a possible, yet very cool reference to Xenogears.

In the above picture (from the E3 2014 trailer), we can see Elma logging in on a computer. Based on the number of characters in Elma's password, it is the same as "youshallbeasgods", which can be seen in the introduction of Xenogears (video below). I've heard that the same password has been used in the Xenosaga series as well.

Knowing Elma the password is probably "youshallbeascats".

SmashChu

Banned via Warnings
So for those who know more about the story, how involved is Elma. Is she kind of like the leader alongside the main character or more of just another member.

As a thought, I think with transformations being gone, a characters from Xenoblade X would work well with switching weapons from close ranger, stronger swords, to longer ranger, damage dealing guns. Cross I feel works best since he/she only uses one gun and one sword, but Elma can work as well. May be over thinking it as well.

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
This is my first time creating a moveset for a character, so please bear with me. Any thoughts, comments, criticisms, suggestions, etc.?

[Down Special]
Allows player to switch weapons. Dual Blades and Dual Guns.

[Neutral Special]
Blades: Slashes her blades simultaneously in an "X" formation.
Guns: Shoots a barrage of bullets for a limited amount of time.

[Side Special]
Blades:
Guns: Runs and then slides on her back while shooting her guns.

[Up Special]
Blades:
Guns: Crazy jumping somersaults all while shooting her guns, similar to the .gif above.
Not bad for a first moveset and the GIF's even give us a visual idea of how the moves would work. I like the usage of an X formation of that blade special since it easily references the game she is from.

One idea would be to involve the data pod as a way of reading your opponent's stats and evolving your own in response. Though I think it might be a bit too technical to be used.

Senatiator

Smash Apprentice
So for those who know more about the story, how involved is Elma. Is she kind of like the leader alongside the main character or more of just another member.
Elma is the main character, Cross is the player character this is not up for debate. The story trailer made this clear.

During questing the avatar (player character) makes choices during quests that depend on how things change in terms of the world around them. For example, the Nintendo Treehouse footage from E3 had a video showing people in a cave that supposedly betrayed NLA and you could believe their story, or go for the attack. This is just one example but a lot of the quests in this game have branching paths, and the decisions the avatar makes (who's name is Cross by the way) affects the world around him/her. This actually allows for branching paths, so your first playthrough of X may be different from your 2nd. To clear up any confusion, this game's main character is Elma, but Cross is a very close number 2. He's very involved. even though he is silent. At countless points through the game, the other characters acknowledge the avatar character, but never refer to the avatar by any name or nickname, only "you" when addressing him or her. However, astute people have previously compared it this way, and I think it's quite apt for what I've seen: The avatar character is similar to Ishmael in Moby D;ck, if you were to compare Elma and Captain Ahab at least. Or compare Cross to Nick Carraway and Elma to Jay Gatsby in The Great Gatsby. Cross is the player making choices to change the dialogues sometimes and big events in Normal Quests involving Non playable characters. "Player Character" is a better description of Cross than "playable main character" as all of the party members are playable. However the choices Cross makes for the main story quests are only reactions that make you feel they affect the story but they are very minor and little to no detail. Unlike Crono from Chrono Trigger, Cross doesn't appear in the ending of the main plot when Cross could easily follow Elma like in the first visit to New LA. Though Cross sometimes takes action without any prompt from the player in the main story and in a few other quests as well. The story is mainly about Elma and the other characters have their own story if you take their quests. Cross is more of the avatar, a character serves as the player's viewpoint made for online interacting with the actual story characters.

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Did somebody say Elma alts? And I can guarantee you that the colorations are based on her fellow BLADE members.

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Wow, these look pretty great!
Mots of the alternate colors from LostSynth are great. I would be lying if I said that her Smash idea is one of the best in the Fantendo community (having a good mix of the old and new, fan favorites and non-polarizing curveballs).

Nat Perry

Smash Ace
They do look good. It's just the hair for me. Gotta keep the hair white for all of them for me to like em all the way

Last edited:

Bebe Mignon

Smash Ace
Updated the OP a bit. I removed the fanart section because I didn't like having to scroll through it every time I make an edit to it. I hope no one is upset about that. To make up for it, I added this (strangely hypnotizing) awesome .gif at the top of the OP. :)

Did somebody say Elma alts? And I can guarantee you that the colorations are based on her fellow BLADE members.

Some of these are really good, especially the second one on the bottom row. I love how the light blue outfit matches her eye color.

Edit: Added yet another .gif of Elma. *sighs* Why is our cat overlord so perf?

Last edited:

Bebe Mignon

Smash Ace
News: The Treehouse from NoA will have a panel for XCX at Pax Prime on Saturday August 29th from 2:30-3:30pm. They will show some concept art and new gameplay footage as well as discuss the inspiration behind the game and have a Q&A at the end.

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
News: The Treehouse from NoA will have a panel for XCX at Pax Prime on Saturday August 29th from 2:30-3:30pm. They will show some concept art and new gameplay footage as well as discuss the inspiration behind the game and have a Q&A at the end.
Sweet, I guess I can tell this exciting news to my girlfriend before I leave her house since she would love this news. I myself do plan on seeing the event this weekend since most college stuff like ordering books had been taken cared of ahead of time. That way, I can learn about Xenoblade X and simply relax for my second to last weekend.

Bebe Mignon

Smash Ace
Stage suggestion time!

New Los Angeles (aka NLA)

Summary:

New Los Angeles is a city with a protective barrier that crash-landed on Planet Mira after the ark ship named White Whale (which the city itself, was attached to) was attacked by an unidentified alien race. The city is modeled after the real life city of Los Angeles. This location is pretty much central to the entire game. NLA is divided into five districts: Administrative District, Barracks, Commercial District, Industrial District, and Residential District. BLADE, the private military organization that Elma belongs to is headquartered here.

Stage concept:
My idea for this stage is to have it fly around the city visiting various points of interests to showcase its attractions.Think Delfino Plaza and Skyloft. The stage will have a total of six locations. Please refer to the map below:

1. West Gate Prairie

This location is actually outside NLA's barrier wall, but I feel it is an important one because Elma and Cross must go through here in order to get into the city. A pack of alien creatures could attack the players in this part of the stage.

2. BLADE Tower

The stage would land at the base of BLADE tower. Nothing much would happen here.

3. Barracks

I can imagine Lin picking on Tatsu and can see them bickering in the background as a Smash battle is going on. Would be pretty hilarious.

4. Commercial District

The stage would stop on a side walk with a bunch of shops in the background with various NPCs walking. Maybe they could watch and cheer during the Smash battle.

5. Industrial District

Oddly, there is a diner in the middle of an industrial area. But it certainly is an interesting location. The stage would take place on the road in front of the diner, so cars can hit players. I can imagine NPCs using cars/Skells to drive to the diner in the background.

6. Residential District
The stage could take place in a park, or on top of a house. Lot of interesting potential here.

Last edited:

Bebe Mignon

Smash Ace
Gameplay footage along with English voice acting, this time with two different characters. Sadly, the guy playing it won't stop talking over the video. It starts around 13:00 for those interested in hearing the voice acting. It is actually pretty decent. Also, it seems that 8-4 (they localized Fire Emblem Awakening) is helping Treehouse with the localization.

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Gameplay footage along with English voice acting, this time with two different characters. Sadly, the guy playing it won't stop talking over the video. It starts around 13:00 for those interested in hearing the voice acting. It is actually pretty decent. Also, it seems that 8-4 (they localized Fire Emblem Awakening) is helping Treehouse with the localization.

Discount Trasnformers

I do find it very cool that the Skells have a vehicle mode for more lenient land travel. Reminds me of gameplay with E-102 Gamma in Sonic Adventure, minus the lock-on system.

Last edited:

Pallex

Smash Journeyman
Stage suggestion time!

New Los Angeles (aka NLA)

Summary:

New Los Angeles is a city with a protective barrier that crash-landed on Planet Mira after the ark ship named White Whale (which the city itself, was attached to) was attacked by an unidentified alien race. The city is modeled after the real life city of Los Angeles. This location is pretty much central to the entire game. NLA is divided into five districts: Administrative District, Barracks, Commercial District, Industrial District, and Residential District. BLADE, the private military organization that Elma belongs to is headquartered here.

Stage concept:
My idea for this stage is to have it fly around the city visiting various points of interests to showcase its attractions.Think Delfino Plaza and Skyloft. The stage will have a total of six locations. Please refer to the map below:

1. West Gate Prairie

This location is actually outside NLA's barrier wall, but I feel it is an important one because Elma and Cross must go through here in order to get into the city. A pack of alien creatures could attack the players in this part of the stage.

2. BLADE Tower

The stage would land at the base of BLADE tower. Nothing much would happen here.

3. Barracks

I can imagine Lin picking on Tatsu and can see them bickering in the background as a Smash battle is going on. Would be pretty hilarious.

4. Commercial District

The stage would stop on a side walk with a bunch of shops in the background with various NPCs walking. Maybe they could watch and cheer during the Smash battle.

5. Industrial District

Oddly, there is a diner in the middle of an industrial area. But it certainly is an interesting location. The stage would take place on the road in front of the diner, so cars can hit players. I can imagine NPCs using cars/Skells to drive to the diner in the background.

6. Residential District
The stage could take place in a park, or on top of a house. Lot of interesting potential here.
I prefer to have BLADE Tower in the background showing the timer counting down the time for time battles like the Pokemon stages. Maybe have a stage on the walls of New LA? It could also say "Danger, recharging" and showing Maurice making announcements or Tatsu messing around, and showing a character in battle. So much potential with BLADE TOWER background events.

Last edited:

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
It's currently 2:30 where I am. Did the panel already happen or it haven't started yet? I just need to know what even inspired the idea of Xenoblade X.

EDit: Seen the Gamenesia article stating that it's 2:30 pm Pacific Time. So about two hours left until it really begins.

Last edited:

_Sheik

Smash Lord
It's currently 2:30 where I am. Did the panel already happen or it haven't started yet? I just need to know what even inspired the idea of Xenoblade X.
I assume Monolith Soft wanted to keep the Xeno-saga going with yet another entry in its successful lore, and they made it an exclusive game for the Wii U in order to thank Nintendo for the huge success of its predecessor Xenoblade Chronicles the great.

TheDarkKnightNoivern

Smash Master
I assume Monolith Soft wanted to keep the Xeno-saga going with yet another entry in its successful lore, and they made it an exclusive game for the Wii U in order to thank Nintendo for the huge success of its predecessor Xenoblade Chronicles the great.
Don't nintendo own monolith? They didn't really have a choice in terms of platform

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
There's about a little over an hour left until the panel begins. Need more of that Skell riding gameplay in my life plus some concept art reveals would be nice.

Powerman293

Smash Ace
I just want some news on those Skell model kits and if the DLC is coming out in the west or not.

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
The panel should be opened at this very time. I'll check around the net to see if anyone is making a stream about it.

Edit: Just found this on NOA's Twitter and I've got to say, the development cycle looks as complex as expected. Loving how far they've went with through the concept stages of the game.

Last edited:

Powerman293

Smash Ace
It's tempting, real tempting. If only I wasn't also planning on getting Fatal Frame and Super Mario Maker too.
Gonna try to get to Gamestop on monday to preorder this bad boy, as I have $70 saved up for this game already.

Also, it'll look super cool to have this new USB drive, since I have an Information technology class where we use USB drives to store websites, So I'll be the one with the coolest USB.

Tikivoy

Smashing idol~
Switch FC
SW-4447-4606-8984
X comes out the week before finals :cry: I'm definitely pre-ordering the special edition, but i'd have to lock it away in a room for a week.
Or alternatively say "screw education" and lock myself in a room with the game forever :dizzy:

Bebe Mignon

Smash Ace
I bought the special edition as soon as I got home from work. I'm so anxious to finally have the game in my hands and... Dat artbook... *dies*

Please add me to the supporters list!
Done! Have you ever played the first game? :D

Last edited:

Bebe Mignon

Smash Ace
Here's the panel! Enjoy! :)

*WARNING* Contains spoilers. They showed more than I cared to know. A lot of new information that wasn't shown before the Japanese release.

Last edited:

Powerman293

Smash Ace
Not really, they just say that it will be loaded up with 10 music files and the design may vary. So chances are that it could be more than just 16 gigs on that USB.
Mmmm.....

As long as it's a at least more then 2 gigs I'm fine with it. And I think there's ways you can take the memory out and replace it and have the casing intact.

Top Bottom