• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Full Metal Jaguar BLADE Captain: Elma [Smash DLC] *No XCX spoilers, please!* 37 Days Until XCX!

Should Elma appear in Super Smash Bros for Wii U/3DS?

• Total voters

IceAnt573

Smash Journeyman
If it came down to Cross vs. Elma, I think Elma has the edge. The story trailer focuses on her more than Cross which leads me to believe Cross won't pull a Robin and steal the show near the end of the game.

Oh and there's this news: http://www.siliconera.com/2015/04/2...ginally-going-to-have-a-fixed-main-character/.

On a personal note, default Cross is just...eww. I hate his red hair with that obnoxiously large ahoge, his yellow shirt, and he just doesn't look as good as Elma.

Consider me a supporter of Elma.

Last edited:

Bebe Mignon

Smash Ace
So, I've changed the thread title to remind people not to post spoilers, both direct and indirect. An indirect spoiler would be something like, for example... "The ending is sooooooo sad!" - that kind of ruins the surprise, doesn't it? It's just an example, by the way.

I would greatly appreciate it if you all would respect, not only for me but others who wish to remain spoiler-free.

Thanks for understanding!

Bebe Mignon

Smash Ace
Hope it's okay to double post even though it's been a couple of weeks since the last post...

Only one more month until E3! Cross (no pun intended) your fingers for the western release date!

Also, just a friendly reminder -- please keep story spoilers out of this thread.

Chaos_Knight

Smash Cadet
And only 3 more days until the OST is out. Oh god, I can't wait hear the full version of Wir Fliegen...

Oh and add me to the support list?

Bebe Mignon

Smash Ace
And only 3 more days until the OST is out. Oh god, I can't wait hear the full version of Wir Fliegen...

Oh and add me to the support list?
Added you to the support list!

The OST could be leaked anytime now. Looking forward to listening all the tracks!

Bebe Mignon

Smash Ace
Another month has passed by without a single post here. This makes me sad. :(

I would like to update the OP, but it'll take a bit longer before I'm able to do it due to fear of being spoiled. Would December 4th please hurry up!

PS
Here's the main theme of XCX titled "THEMEX". It's an amazing song which seemingly fits the game's theme. Spoiler tagging the video in case someone doesn't want to see it, but there's no spoiler in the video. It's just a static picture of NLA in the background.

TheDarkKnightNoivern

Smash Master
I'd really like to see Elma in, she looks pretty cool. I actually put her on a hypothetical Smash 5 roster I made a while ago.

And with the whole Elma versus Cross thing, I really hope we don't end up with Cross, seeing an avatar character as the second rep for a series with established characters would be really weird

BluePikmin11

Akko is my dear daughter!
NNID
blue
http://gonintendo.com/stories/23675...king-xenoblade-chronicles-x-already-working-o
A portion of a GamesBeat interview with Tetsuya Takahashi...

GamesBeat: What’s the biggest challenge in bringing an RPG franchise to high-definition for the first time?

Takahashi: Probably the biggest challenge for us comes in the planning stage, where we have to think about how we’re going to use these limited resources — I’m talking mostly about time on the schedule — to create all the assets in such a huge world. What order do we need to take tasks in to accomplish them all in the most efficient way? There’s a lot of tech that goes into expressing the open world concept as well, making sure that it’s a seamless experience from one end to the other. That’s probably the biggest challenge.

GamesBeat: Are you already working on your next game?

Takahashi: Yes, that’s always the case, every time.

GamesBeat: We’ve had Shulk in Smash Bros. That must be a neat thing to see. Now we know Nintendo is doing downloadable content for Smash Bros. Would you like to see Xenoblade Chronicles X characters in Smash as well?

Takahashi: I’m not entirely sure, but you could always ask Mr. Sakurai about that. [laughs]
GamesBeat: We’ve had Shulk in Smash Bros. That must be a neat thing to see. Now we know Nintendo is doing downloadable content for Smash Bros. Would you like to see Xenoblade Chronicles X characters in Smash as well?

Takahashi: I’m not entirely sure, but you could always ask Mr. Sakurai about that. [laughs]

Bebe Mignon

Smash Ace
Just read the article. It's confirmed that Monolith Soft is now planning/developing a new game (well, duh!). Hopefully that new game is the third Xenoblade game!

Mr. Sakurai, Elma for Smash DLC! Pretty please! :D

Nat Perry

Smash Ace
Elma would be awesome for Smash. She wields Dual Blades and Dual Guns, so maybe she could have a mechanic where she can switch between the two and change her moveset? And her Final Smash could involve her calling up her Skell Wels to blast people using Cockpit Mode.

Bebe Mignon

Smash Ace
Finally updated the OP. Also, we now have garnered 20 supports total! 80 more until 100! Let's do it!

Last edited:

Tikivoy

Smashing idol~
Switch FC
SW-4447-4606-8984
You can add me to the supporters. She's always been in my top 3 dlc newcomers since dlc was confirmed, I've felt she would be a perfect addition if X got representation, as she can represent the game as a whole with its many weapons.(I think every character can use every weapon type...I think, can someone correct me?)

Of course so could Cross, but I feel that wouldn't be right since (unlike FE's Robin) he/she's a completely mute avatar, and customizing him/her is a huge feature of the game to the point where I doubt anyone would really just go default (I mean, even the gender can be changed anytime in the game). It'd probably be a better idea to try selling a face we see constantly during the 300 hours we dump/will dump into the game rather than one we don't see at all.

..But enough talking about him. Has anyone come up with any moveset ideas for Elma yet?

Captain Shwampy

Smash Master
I see her definitely appearing in Smash 5 as a playable character

it's nice to have a darker skin colored character in Smash for once

I don't know why people want the MC considering the default look for the character is pretty ugly. There's not much in difference between them in combat either.

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
The Kutthroats have set out to draw their character thanking Iwata for all he has done.

We invite you to do the same.

Bebe Mignon

Smash Ace
You can add me to the supporters.
Added! :)

..But enough talking about him. Has anyone come up with any moveset ideas for Elma yet?
I think someone who actually has the game would have a better idea of her fighting style. Sadly, no one has come up with a move-set yet. I mean I could try, but I need to play the game and get a feel of her fighting style. I also have no experience with creating move-sets. Maybe I'll come up with something, but it'll definitely need some serious revisions. Lol.

Senatiator

Smash Apprentice
Has anyone come up with any moveset ideas for Elma yet?
Check this page
I would have Elma's normalKOS-MOS/true form as her standard instead of B.B. Elma.

I wonder if she has KOS-MOS's powers special powers she's been hiding.

Bebe Mignon

Smash Ace
It has just been confirmed today that North America and Europe will have a special edition of Xenoblade Chronicles X. In other news, Xenoblade Chronicles is now available on the European/Australian Wii U eShop. No words from NoA yet.

XCX Special Edition from Nintendo of Europe:

NoA will announce more details about the Special Edition tomorrow.

Last edited:

Powerman293

Smash Ace
I'd be down for Elma as a character if and only if her Final Smash would be to summon a Skell in humanoid mode and just wreck everybody. Best Final Smash ever.

Nat Perry

Smash Ace
I'd be down for Elma as a character if and only if her Final Smash would be to summon a Skell in humanoid mode and just wreck everybody. Best Final Smash ever.
Oh yeah. Wels would be her Skell. Just wreck everyone in the cockpit mode. Oh yeah.

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
As much as I hate to say it, this Nintendo of America localizer is right. All niche games like Xenoblade Chronicles X are doomed to sell poorly since they don't appeal to a wide audience (even with plenty of advertising). I did remember that the original didn't sell that well in the West because it was a GameStop exclusive and I really hope that the same wouldn't happen to this game.

http://mynintendonews.com/2015/08/0...l-enough-to-justify-how-big-game-is/#comments

Nat Perry

Smash Ace
As much as I hate to say it, this Nintendo of America localizer is right. All niche games like Xenoblade Chronicles X are doomed to sell poorly since they don't appeal to a wide audience (even with plenty of advertising). I did remember that the original didn't sell that well in the West because it was a GameStop exclusive and I really hope that the same wouldn't happen to this game.

http://mynintendonews.com/2015/08/0...l-enough-to-justify-how-big-game-is/#comments
I mean, at least more people are aware of the Xenoblade series now. So that could help.

Powerman293

Smash Ace

Honestly this is the reason why we should try to get Xenoblade X to sell a million copies or two, to show everyone that this is a prolific AAA Nintendo franchise and that people should recognize it as such. So Nintendo can push this series more.

I'm so excited for Xenoblade X. I have the game ready to preorder once details about the special edition come out. And I want the DLC really badly. Y'know, if they plan to localize the DLC. But I have a bad feeling I won't have a lot of time to pay this game due to semester finals and stuff.

Nat Perry

Smash Ace
Honestly this is the reason why we should try to get Xenoblade X to sell a million copies or two, to show everyone that this is a prolific AAA Nintendo franchise and that people should recognize it as such. So Nintendo can push this series more.

I'm so excited for Xenoblade X. I have the game ready to preorder once details about the special edition come out. And I want the DLC really badly. Y'know, if they plan to localize the DLC. But I have a bad feeling I won't have a lot of time to pay this game due to semester finals and stuff.
Do you even winter break bruh?

Powerman293

Smash Ace
Aw man. Well do what you gotta do then.
I was expecting Final Fantasy 15 to come out in spring of next year, but the way SE handled it at gamescom, it sounds like it's not coming out until the fall of that year. So I could at least manage my JRPGs more easily now.

Nat Perry

Smash Ace
I was expecting Final Fantasy 15 to come out in spring of next year, but the way SE handled it at gamescom, it sounds like it's not coming out until the fall of that year. So I could at least manage my JRPGs more easily now.
Yeah I feel ya, both games seem like big time investments.

Powerman293

Smash Ace
Lol. I mean not all spoilers ruin the game.
Yeah. But still.

Are there any particular moves/ skills from Xenoblade X that Elma could use for her specials ala Shulk? I haven't played the game yet, (obviously) so I need some insight.

Top Bottom