• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Forest Master Rises! Sceptile for Smash Bros! Over 100 supporters!!!

Masonomace

Yeah Shulk, get stuck in!
NNID
Masonomace
How about The Grass Raptors vs the flaming chickens? That sounds more accurate :p
Grass Raptors? Oi Oi. . .based off my overloaded speculation & your capitalization of the g & r, I must finish the G.R.A.S.S. acronym for you now Duke, you've given us the great GR already.

Grass
Raptor
Always
Slashes
Swiftly

Decent acronym right? You guys try!:shades:

1- Impossible; Game Freak will market ORAS. I cannot FATHOM ZERO representation (unless Grovyle gets in, or something like that. Even then, I doubt it, heavily. HEAVILY. Game Freak has an agenda, and as one of three current second parties involved in smash that we know about, they have a huge say. The other got in Lucina and Robin.)

2- FRENZY PLANT; where he attacks character in the lead, whomever that is, because why not?

3- Delighted. He would still be playable. Marketed with ORAS. Proving he is vital to ORAS, I'd have personal satisfaction, perhaps more so than if he were actually playable, given the arguments I've had to make on his behalf to this forum. The fact that it would almost definitely be shortly after the games release means not long of a wait, either (and that it may even e free DLC)

4- I want him here, and I want it to knock out Jigglypuff :D
Naw; I finally would be okay with the pink puff, even if I would prefer King Boo to take her move set.
With the reasoning behind ORAS marketing for exclusive promotion in SSB4, It's accurate to me. Those who don't know how Game Freak's organized developing goes, ORAS was probably going to be 5th generation, being B2W2's game engine but got cut back due to more games piled up in development, pushing ORAS to X&Y's game engine. It was in the makings for a while, we here know that. With ORAS here now, I don't see why they wouldn't seal a winning move with Sceptile in SSB4 either.

Frenzy Plant was eggspected:4yoshi:, but as a pokeball summon to do one thing, what else would a Fully-Evolved Grass Type Starter like Sceptile not do, Frenzy Plant? "No! You are in the wrong!" I'd treat Sceptile's move from his pokeball summons like the Legendaries, they do a signature move they only know, then their time's up. Ho-Oh, Lugia, Arceus, Darkrai, & for now Palkia, all use their trademark, aka, signature move. Frenzy Plant wouldn't go wrong, though I can add on that Grass Pledge would be a decent move to watch in action, even Leaf Storm would be a better idea than GPledge. . .but when I say signature / trademark move we all think of Sceptile's One true undeniable attack, Leaf Blade.

3 & 4. Delighted with both scenario's you gave. Thanks Duke.:shades:

CrazyChaos

Smash Cadet
Re-posting here because why not, I wanna ask anyone's open opinion on how'd they feel with the 4 possible scenarios for Sceptile's destiny in SSB4:
  1. De-confirmed in total, not shown off, representing the character as an idea AT ALL, non-existent 100%. Thoughts?
  2. Pokeball summon. How would you feel & what would you like to see a Sceptile do once it appears? Discuss please.
  3. DLC becoming confirmed. DLC is still not pushed or hinted at all, to my decent knowledge of it, but how would you feel?
  4. Playable Status. Last & the best-case scenario, I almost don't even need to ask you about this because I wanted to have a 4th scenario for display. But if you feel like expressing a subjective or an objective post, please do so, there's never too much.
Also to anyone who wants to fill in what makes Sceptile's chances more solid, example is the post I typed above.
1. DLC will feel likely. However, if we just do not see Sceptile before release, then it is likely that it is an unlockable character. At the very least, I want something more than just Jigglypuff waiting to be unlocked...
2. That is it. Sceptile is probably done. I cannot think of a reason for Sceptile to come in for the next Smash, which would be its only second chance since I do not see them adding it as DLC and replacing the pokeball summon. It unfortunately lacks the presence that Charizard has always had to get promoted from pokeball to fighter. If transforming characters were still a thing then it may have had its chance there, but that opportunity is no longer available.
3. Good chance for Sceptile. I had a thought that we may actually get DLC before the Wii U version is released, then the Wii U would come with the DLC by default. If this was done, then it could easily be timed with the release of ORAS to help promote it and we may even see similar promotions in the future.
4. Everything is as it should be. Charizard is forgiven for abandoning Squirtle and Ivysaur, Greninja is forgiven for making a bizarre appearance. The pokemon series has likely finalized its selection of reoccurring characters, and Mewtwo will probably join them in time. Ridley, K. Rool, Geno, and every character that everyone has ever wanted gets confirmed as playable. World peace is ensured. Nobody is sad ever again.

All jokes aside, I say Sceptile has a strangely solid 50/50 chance of being a playable character. It has stuff going for it, but it is questionable about how much of it really matters. It matters to a lot of us, things like the starter trio, but I cannot say if it matters as a reason to solidify a spot on the roster. I want to believe that it does though. Sceptile would just be a weird choice in my eyes though, but then again Greninja was pretty weird too. The only thing Greninja has going is being one of three starters of the latest installment in the series. Why not one of the other two starters? Or perhaps more importantly, why not Mega Mewtwo Y or Sylveon? Considering how early they were revealed and the fact that they received a few spotlights, that sort of puts them on an equivalent level to what Lucario was at the time of its own reveal. The Eevee evolution line is practically as significant as Charizard if not more, so Sylveon as a playable character would cover that alongside the 6th generation and the fairy-types. Sylveon would have been far more interesting to see, and seeing that four-legged creatures are entirely possible in smash makes the choice even more valid. Mewtwo would bring back an old fan favorite I suppose, but using one of its mega evolutions as the actually playable character would put the focus on the 6th generation. Just giving it the ability to mega evolve does not give it much more 6th generation representation than Charizard or Lucario, though three mega evolving pokemon may have just been enough anyway. With Greninja, Sceptile has gained a reason to have hope. Without Greninja, nobody probably would have suggested it. I certainly never thought of it, and I like Sceptile a lot.

All said and done, I do not care if it is Sceptile, Mewtwo, Blaziken, Dunsparce, Serperior, Raichu, Plusle & Minun, Beheeyem, Pichu, Weavile, Kadabra, Midreavous, Meowstic, or whatever other pokemon that exists. I just want to see another pokemon aside from just Jigglypuff. Nothing against Jigglypuff or its supporters, but it simply does not excite or interest me enough. Just a personal desire, I suppose.

Masonomace

NNID
Masonomace
But... Jigglypuff's mad kicks! Those back airs of ultimate *** kicking.

Frenzy Plant seems like an attack that would come from below and hit all around the stage, but could be avoided perhaps by taking advantage of higher platforms or positioning yourself between them. A contrast to the Ice Climber's where it hits the middle but his does not hit the middle perhaps?
Melee Purin shines,

So contrasting the similarities of Frenzy Plant with IC's Final Smash in Brawl, would you approve of the same concept of 'pushing' down the Frenzy Plant to mitigate it's size, like you could to IC's Ice Mountain Peak?
Other than that feature, I'd like an AOE forest / roots attack.

I just think Boo would utilize her move set much, much better

-Rest becomes a Scare (BOO!)
-Rollout because a pounce and charge attack
-Sing becomes incorporeal intangibility
-Any kicks utilize the tail
-the floating is the same
I've noticed this before from you, the game design similarities are kind of shocking. I kind of don't want Boo to take that aspect & game-play away from Purin for 1 main selfish reason:
Mario gets 1 rep more than Pokemon, making them 7 reps & Pokemon's maximum size limit is still TBA (To Be Announced). That's it.:p
I became un-interested in Purin since 64, Melee she was amazing for Rest, B-air, etc., & Brawl Purin is a disgrace to competitive play, still fun casual. If she doesn't get a re-vamped move-set with some balancing to keep her on par with the cast, I'm not going to approve of Purin in SSB5 let alone SSB4.

FangedSniper

Smash Apprentice
I like Sceptile, you have my support.

Also , Pokemon had 6 characters last time. Pikachu, Jigglypuff, Lucario, Squirtle, Charizard , and Ivysaur. I count Pokemon trainers Pokemon as seperate, because they are individual characters , just glued into the Pokemon trainer gimmick . I honestly don't see Jigglypuff coming back , I think Mewtwo and Sceptile will be our final 2 Pokemon characters for Sm4sh. Jigglypuff Just isn't relevant anymore, all she has going for her is the fact that she 's always been there .

Reality_Ciak

Smash Ace
I'm thinking we have 2 (maybe 3) more reveal videos. I think we'll see a Zelda video revealing Ganondorf, unless he gets a PotD reveal in which case we could see another veteran (maybe Mewtwo or Wario), along with a Zelda newcomer, be it (Pig/Beast/Phantom) Ganon, Impa, or Ghirahim.

And then I think we'll see Metroid reveal video in which we get Anthony Higgs (taking over Snake's moveset) and Ridley, with again the possibilty of a veteran. I kind of hope Mewtwo shows up in one of these two trailers. Unless we get a Sceptile/Mewtwo trailer.

After that, I think we'd have the remaining veterans sans Snake, Ivysaur, Squirtle, and maybe Lucas. And then we could possibly see a trailer for one of the remaining newcomers; Bowser Jr, Duck Hunt Dog, Shulk, A Rhythm Heaven rep, A DK rep, maybe a Splatoon promotion with Inklings, and last but not least, Sceptile. I don't expect to get all of them, but I don't expect anyone outside of that (except Isaac or Ray, or a surprise from Earthbound, F Zero, or Star Fox). I could see us getting a Duck Hunt Dog/Cranky Kong reveal. But I prefer K Rool and I could see them all being secret characters if we get Zelda and Metroid videos.
If anyone is interested in my thoughts on remaining character reveals, there they are. The relevant point is that I am hoping Sceptile is a sectet character unless he shares a trailer with Mewtwo.

Masonomace

NNID
Masonomace
I like Sceptile, you have my support.

Also , Pokemon had 6 characters last time. Pikachu, Jigglypuff, Lucario, Squirtle, Charizard , and Ivysaur. I count Pokemon trainers Pokemon as seperate, because they are individual characters , just glued into the Pokemon trainer gimmick . I honestly don't see Jigglypuff coming back , I think Mewtwo and Sceptile will be our final 2 Pokemon characters for Sm4sh. Jigglypuff Just isn't relevant anymore, all she has going for her is the fact that she 's always been there .
Thanks for Posting FS, we appreciate your support!

Your pointss are all well-known & informing. Again thanks.

Edit: Also I'm a daye late, but welcome to SmashBoards.:shades:

Last edited:

bigbro2233

Smash Journeyman
If there was to be another Pokémon rep, I'd want it to be Mewtwo. Mewtwo is more revelevant, extremely highly requested, and I just like him more than Sceptile. However, if Mewtwo was deconfirmed or we could have seven Pokémon reps, I'd definitly want it to be Sceptile.

Sonic Poke

Smash Lord
I really doubt a veteran is going to get a trailer by his own. Even a clone newcomer had to share his trailer with an other...
And I also really doubt Mewtwo is not going to get a trailer, for obvious reasons... You guys got the point?...

Last edited:

Masonomace

NNID
Masonomace
I'm thinking we have 2 (maybe 3) more reveal videos. I think we'll see a Zelda video revealing Ganondorf, unless he gets a PotD reveal in which case we could see another veteran (maybe Mewtwo or Wario), along with a Zelda newcomer, be it (Pig/Beast/Phantom) Ganon, Impa, or Ghirahim.

And then I think we'll see Metroid reveal video in which we get Anthony Higgs (taking over Snake's moveset) and Ridley, with again the possibilty of a veteran. I kind of hope Mewtwo shows up in one of these two trailers. Unless we get a Sceptile/Mewtwo trailer.

After that, I think we'd have the remaining veterans sans Snake, Ivysaur, Squirtle, and maybe Lucas. And then we could possibly see a trailer for one of the remaining newcomers; Bowser Jr, Duck Hunt Dog, Shulk, A Rhythm Heaven rep, A DK rep, maybe a Splatoon promotion with Inklings, and last but not least, Sceptile. I don't expect to get all of them, but I don't expect anyone outside of that (except Isaac or Ray, or a surprise from Earthbound, F Zero, or Star Fox). I could see us getting a Duck Hunt Dog/Cranky Kong reveal. But I prefer K Rool and I could see them all being secret characters if we get Zelda and Metroid videos.
If anyone is interested in my thoughts on remaining character reveals, there they are. The relevant point is that I am hoping Sceptile is a sectet character unless he shares a trailer with Mewtwo.
So I dig your spoiler, but I have a few things to say.
One pertaining to a Zelda trailer video involving Ganondorf it may not happen. The only reason it would is either:
A: He got a whole new look from any past game or dare I say it, Hyrule Warriors.
or
B: His move-set got so re-vamped & fully non-cloned from Falcon, he's showcased in a trailer to show it off.
OR
C: A new LoZ character joining the fray, like your post said.

Wario & Mewtwo may get privileges to be in a trailer for 1 main reason:
1. Mewtwo has only been in one Smash Bros. game, Melee. Him not being in 64 or Brawl makes him ancient excluding Project M due to it not being Nintendo developed, the Psychic pokemon may just get his own trailer or a trailer showing him for the same reasons as Ganondorf is for a re-vamp.
2. Wario has only been in Brawl, so a returning fighter from the past & only that past game is enough reason for him to be featured in a trailer starring himself with the main newcomer reveal whoever it may be. The same reason Charizard got revealed with Greninja, the newcomer.

Idk the rest cus that's all beyond me & my objective logic.

Reality_Ciak

Smash Ace
So I dig your spoiler, but I have a few things to say.
One pertaining to a Zelda trailer video involving Ganondorf it may not happen. The only reason it would is either:
A: He got a whole new look from any past game or dare I say it, Hyrule Warriors.
or
B: His move-set got so re-vamped & fully non-cloned from Falcon, he's showcased in a trailer to show it off.
OR
C: A new LoZ character joining the fray, like your post said.

Wario & Mewtwo may get privileges to be in a trailer for 1 main reason:
1. Mewtwo has only been in one Smash Bros. game, Melee. Him not being in 64 or Brawl makes him ancient excluding Project M due to it not being Nintendo developed, the Psychic pokemon may just get his own trailer or a trailer showing him for the same reasons as Ganondorf is for a re-vamp.
2. Wario has only been in Brawl, so a returning fighter from the past & only that past game is enough reason for him to be featured in a trailer starring himself with the main newcomer reveal whoever it may be. The same reason Charizard got revealed with Greninja, the newcomer.

Idk the rest cus that's all beyond me & my objective logic.
I was just throwing in vets in the same vain as Captain Falcon. But he is sorta special I guess.

And I was guessing those two trailers specifically based on how we did get a Kid Icarus and Fire Emblem trailer. The whole Trophy Quiz thing. If it really is a thing.

Last edited:

Masonomace

NNID
Masonomace
I was just throwing in vets in the same vain as Captain Falcon. But he is sorta special I guess.
Indeed your throwing words have been captured & analyzed. May I ask you to reply to my post about your feelings & thoughts on this?
Re-posting here because why not, I wanna ask anyone's open opinion on how'd they feel with the 4 possible scenarios for Sceptile's destiny in SSB4:
  1. De-confirmed in total, not shown off, representing the character as an idea AT ALL, non-existent 100%. Thoughts?
  2. Pokeball summon. How would you feel & what would you like to see a Sceptile do once it appears? Discuss please.
  3. DLC becoming confirmed. DLC is still not pushed or hinted at all, to my decent knowledge of it, but how would you feel?
  4. Playable Status. Last & the best-case scenario, I almost don't even need to ask you about this because I wanted to have a 4th scenario for display. But if you feel like expressing a subjective or an objective post, please do so, there's never too much.
Also to anyone who wants to fill in what makes Sceptile's chances more solid, example is the post I typed above.

Last edited:

LeeYawshee

Smash Ace
3DS FC
2621-3044-6895
1. That would be a shame, but I wouldn't be surprised. I support Sceptile and I would be sad if he didn't make it in, but he doesn't seem like the type Sakurai would consider.
2. I would be okay with this, seeing Sceptile in full HD would make me very happy.
3. I don't see DLC for characters being a thing. I feel like it would be very disruptive in so many ways(especially to online).
4. I support Sceptile and him being playable alongside Shulk would make this my dream roster. No one could ruin it, not even 10 more clones.

Masonomace

NNID
Masonomace
1. That would be a shame, but I wouldn't be surprised. I support Sceptile and I would be sad if he didn't make it in, but he doesn't seem like the type Sakurai would consider.
2. I would be okay with this, seeing Sceptile in full HD would make me very happy.
3. I don't see DLC for characters being a thing. I feel like it would be very disruptive in so many ways(especially to online).
4. I support Sceptile and him being playable alongside Shulk would make this my dream roster. No one could ruin it, not even 10 more clones.
Thank you to the max for your input, thanks for supporting.:shades:

Reality_Ciak

Smash Ace
Indeed your throwing words have been captured & analyzed. May I ask you to reply to my post about your feelings & thoughts on this?
No problem.

2. Pokeball summon. How would youfeel & what would you like to see a Sceptile do once it appears? Discuss please.
1. I'd probably go through some stages of grief, definitelt denial, but I'd come to accept it. I try to keep my hopes down and understand that this is a strong possibility. I'd question the decision and kind of have a humble but scornful "they really missed their chance" from a promotional point of view. If there is no grass starter at all I would feel injustice in the air, though I would expect a "please understand" explaining the decision. But I'd get over it and love the game the roster is amazing thus far. Would never boycott.

2. I find this to be the least likely scenario. There are two other graas starters at least for Pokeballs, I think, Chespin and Snivy. If they add more grass starters to the Pokeball list I'd be both shocked and slightly offended that they would represe t grass solely as items... When they have so much moveset potential.. After we already had Ivysaur... Pretty much same reaction as 1 but a little more pissy about it haha. What do I want him to do? Single out and kill Greninja. Nah. Um. Leaf Storm and Blade. Making a funnel twister down to him where he is slashing his blades furiously. Anyone trapped gets shredded with small damage and sucked down and hit hard if they touch him.

3. I've explained this kind of in an early post. Basically I don't like the idea of DLC for a multitude of reasons, primarily tradition and organization, and I'd prefer Jiggs to be DLC, but if it's Sceptile's way in, so be it I'd be overjoyed to see him after I get over the whole idea of DLC characters.

4. All would be right in the world. If the moveset is anything like mine I would main and feel like a father. If he is a clone or semi clone or has charge up Energy Ball for his standard special, I'd be a little upset but so be it. Bittersweet. PM modders will fix it in the distant future. Would prefer him to Greninja if he were the clone host. I am such a bitter person, oh my... Haha

Last edited:

pupNapoleon

Smash Hero
NNID
NapoleonPlays
3DS FC
5129-1683-5306
Switch FC
SW 3124 9647 8311
I'm a little bummed everybody.

I've read corocoro's description of Wii Fit Trainer.
It seems her 'gimmick is in fact to be a bit self healing, that her boosting is also a healing tactic, for a few of her moves, including a projectile.
I'd like to say this could boost Sceptile's chances, and it might. Everyone certainly knows I believe Wii Fit Trainer was added not for being an obviously inspired character, but for Sakurai wanting to add representation for the fourth highest selling game franchise of all time, Wii Fit.

Yet, what does this mean for Sceptile? Perhaps I just assumed he would be a healer. I'm not super thrilled. I never thought he was a guarantee at all, no sir- just that he should have been. I'm just in a sad place at the moment for the lack of characters I personally want so far being in this game.

Last edited:

Masonomace

NNID
Masonomace
No problem.

2. Pokeball summon. How would youfeel & what would you like to see a Sceptile do once it appears? Discuss please.
1. I'd probably go through some stages of grief, definitelt denial, but I'd come to accept it. I try to keep my hopes down and understand that this is a strong possibility. I'd question the decision and kind of have a humble but scornful "they really missed their chance" from a promotional point of view. If there is no grass starter at all I would feel injustice in the air, though I would expect a "please understand" explaining the decision. But I'd get over it and love the game the roster is amazing thus far. Would never boycott.

2. I find this to be the least likely scenario. There are two other graas starters at least for Pokeballs, I think, Chespin and Snivy. If they add more grass starters to the Pokeball list I'd be both shocked and slightly offended that they would represe t grass solely as items... When they have so much moveset potential.. After we already had Ivysaur... Pretty much same reaction as 1 but a little more pissy about it haha. What do I want him to do? Single out and kill Greninja. Nah. Um. Leaf Storm and Blade. Making a funnel twister down to him where he is slashing his blades furiously. Anyone trapped gets shredded with small damage and sucked down and hit hard if they touch him.

3. I've explained this kind of in an early post. Basically I don't like the idea of DLC for a multitude of reasons, primarily tradition and organization, and I'd prefer Jiggs to be DLC, but if it's Sceptile's way in, so be it I'd be overjoyed to see him after I get over the whole idea of DLC characters.

4. All would be right in the world. If the moveset is anything like mine I would main and feel like a father. If he is a clone or semi clone or has charge up Energy Ball for his standard special, I'd be a little upset but so be it. Bittersweet. PM modders will fix it in the distant future. Would prefer him to Greninja if he were the clone host. I am such a bitter person, oh my... Haha
Nice points there broyo. Thanks again for Posting the thoughts.:ivysaur::ivysaur::ivysaur::ivysaur::ivysaur:

It seems her 'gimmick is in fact to be a bit self healing, that her boosting is also a healing tactic, for a few of her moves, including a projectile.
I'd like to say this could boost Sceptile's chances, and it might. Everyone certainly knows I believe Wii Fit Trainer was added not for being an obviously inspired character, but for Sakurai wanting to add representation for the fourth highest selling game franchise of all time, Wii Fit.

Yet, what dos this mean for Sceptile? Perhaps I just assumed he would be a healer. I'm not super thrilled. I never thought he was a guarantee at all, no sir- just that he should have been. I'm just in a sad place at the moment for the lack of characters I personally want so far being in this game.
Oooh. . .that is kind of bummer to take in.
It's yet another mechanic built-in a move not coming from an original grass pokemon confirmed let alone teased / hinted at. It still goes both ways to me my friend, the classic double-edged Leaf Blade sword , it helps his chances but it dents them too. Robin & Wii Fit Trainer's moves with their grass-like mechanic in contrast to Pokemon mechanics that can still occur, still proves that in a game where different characters have similar options & options, balanced can say Sceptile has 50/50. It's still not concrete fact that counters him. You also missed a good chunk of Sceptile discussion earlier in the offical character discussion.

pupNapoleon

Smash Hero
NNID
NapoleonPlays
3DS FC
5129-1683-5306
Switch FC
SW 3124 9647 8311
You know, I also want to point out, that there is a move in the Mii trailer that looks identical to a Bullet Seed move (it is from the Gunner). I'm prety convinced that Palutena and the Mii fighters take all their moves from other fighters, and this, to me, IS a good sign.

All jokes aside, I say Sceptile has a strangely solid 50/50 chance of being a playable character. It has stuff going for it, but it is questionable about how much of it really matters. It matters to a lot of us, things like the starter trio, but I cannot say if it matters as a reason to solidify a spot on the roster. I want to believe that it does though. Sceptile would just be a weird choice in my eyes though, but then again Greninja was pretty weird too. The only thing Greninja has going is being one of three starters of the latest installment in the series. Why not one of the other two starters? Or perhaps more importantly, why not Mega Mewtwo Y or Sylveon? Considering how early they were revealed and the fact that they received a few spotlights, that sort of puts them on an equivalent level to what Lucario was at the time of its own reveal. The Eevee evolution line is practically as significant as Charizard if not more, so Sylveon as a playable character would cover that alongside the 6th generation and the fairy-types. Sylveon would have been far more interesting to see, and seeing that four-legged creatures are entirely possible in smash makes the choice even more valid. Mewtwo would bring back an old fan favorite I suppose, but using one of its mega evolutions as the actually playable character would put the focus on the 6th generation. Just giving it the ability to mega evolve does not give it much more 6th generation representation than Charizard or Lucario, though three mega evolving pokemon may have just been enough anyway. With Greninja, Sceptile has gained a reason to have hope. Without Greninja, nobody probably would have suggested it. I certainly never thought of it, and I like Sceptile a lot.

All said and done, I do not care if it is Sceptile, Mewtwo, Blaziken, Dunsparce, Serperior, Raichu, Plusle & Minun, Beheeyem, Pichu, Weavile, Kadabra, Midreavous, Meowstic, or whatever other pokemon that exists. I just want to see another pokemon aside from just Jigglypuff. Nothing against Jigglypuff or its supporters, but it simply does not excite or interest me enough. Just a personal desire, I suppose.
This is just really well stated, especially the point about Sylveon.

Reality_Ciak

Smash Ace

Yet, what does this mean for Sceptile? Perhaps I just assumed he would be a healer. I'm not super thrilled. I never thought he was a guarantee at all, no sir- just that he should have been. I'm just in a sad place at the moment for the lack of characters I personally want so far being in this game.
I see him having healing moves, and corocoro probably wouldnt know if he is in or not, healing could be a much bigger thing for him than WFT, they could have just called it WFT's gimmick since no one else compares. Though it does show that multiple characters have healing moves, and that's a good sign for Sceptile. Maybe he isn't focused on entirely on healing, but he'll probably have it. Shouldn't be discouraging to the point it breaks anyone's hope.

LeeYawshee

Smash Ace
3DS FC
2621-3044-6895

I see Sceptile's gimmick being more about his leaf blades and being around in a lot of places. I would imagine he have Absorb or Leech Seed as normal/custom moves. Also, the good news is that her gimmick is not self healing, her healing is a visual gimmick (every single one of her animations come from her games). There is another character who can heal himself so I doubt healing has much to do with it.

Jmacz

Smash Journeyman
NNID
aWildJmacz
1. Doubtful imo, only chance I see this happening is if there is no DLC. 8%
2. Highly doubtful, likely would of been seen by now. Other grass starters (Venusaur, Meganium, or Torterra ) are more fitting for this role. 2%
3. Most likely imo, Sceptile isn't as popular as a lot of other characters that are deserving of a spot. Would be best used in a pack with Mewtwo to ensure buys, would provide people not familiar with him a great surprise when seeing how he plays. DLC could be announced in November so it's at the same time that ORAS releases. 60%
4. I can see it happening only if the roster is around 50 like most hope, other characters still have more of a following along with their games having less reps than pokemon. Which for me is why I see Sceptile being DLC, though I would rather be able to use him at release. 30%

So in total I have.

1. Not used - 8%
2. Pokeball - 2%
3. DLC - 60%
4. At release - 30%

On a side not, after typing this I really hope Venusaur/Mega Venusaur is included as a Pokeball.

Masonomace

NNID
Masonomace
1. Doubtful imo, only chance I see this happening is if there is no DLC. 8%
2. Highly doubtful, likely would of been seen by now. Other grass starters (Venusaur, Meganium, or Torterra ) are more fitting for this role. 2%
3. Most likely imo, Sceptile isn't as popular as a lot of other characters that are deserving of a spot. Would be best used in a pack with Mewtwo to ensure buys, would provide people not familiar with him a great surprise when seeing how he plays. DLC could be announced in November so it's at the same time that ORAS releases. 60%
4. I can see it happening only if the roster is around 50 like most hope, other characters still have more of a following along with their games having less reps than pokemon. Which for me is why I see Sceptile being DLC, though I would rather be able to use him at release. 30%

So in total I have.

1. Not used - 8%
2. Pokeball - 2%
3. DLC - 60%
4. At release - 30%

On a side not, after typing this I really hope Venusaur/Mega Venusaur is included as a Pokeball.
Thanks for the input Jmacdaddy. Your entire response was in equilibrium, swaying more toward DLC which is not bizarre. I was expecting a reply toward Non-existence that was going to be the least likely, but I'm kind of astonished you chose 8% in total de-confirmation & a measly 2% in Pokeball summon as the hypothetical possibility.

I wonder about Venusaur ever returning or not. It feels lonely without Venusaur & Blastoise pokeball summons removed in Brawl. Hopefully they make a come-back. Maybe Ivysaur & Squirtle, in Smash History may be the first playable pokemon Smash Brothers. to be demoted to Pokeball status. Hmmph.

Masonomace

NNID
Masonomace
Picture of the Day:
If you want Sceptile to rule them all, every other Grasstarter, this picture may prove that.:troll:

D

Deleted member

Sceptile needs to be in this game, seeing as he is one of my favorite Pokémon! The type trio completion is also really nice, seeing as Grass is one of my favorite types.

D

Deleted member

To all you Forest Master fans, here's this poll I noticed in the OfficialCharacterDiscussion, aka OCD.:smirk: Props to Gold_Jacobson

Decide on who you think is best to have in the game, with their Mega Evolutions being FS.

Also welcome to SmashBoards @Pikablu Pikachu :shades:
Thanks for Posting~:shades:
I take it you're a loving supporter?
I've loved him since I saw him in the Anime vs May's Blaziken, and my like for him went up when I got Pkmn Ruby and PMD 2 (even though its a Grovyle). I liked him even more when he got Unburden, and even more when he got a Mega and ORAS was announced. So yes, I'm a loving supporter. :seuss: (Why can't I vote both XD)

Last edited by a moderator:

FangedSniper

Smash Apprentice
I've loved him since I saw him in the Anime vs May's Blaziken, and my like for him went up when I got Pkmn Ruby and PMD 2 (even though its a Grovyle). I liked him even more when he got Unburden, and even more when he got a Mega and ORAS was announced. So yes, I'm a loving supporter. :seuss: (Why can't I vote both XD)
Speaking of the Grovyle for PMD 2, I think it's about time that he got a trophy. He had much more character than almost anyone in the Pokemon franchise.

Da Black Rabbit

Smash Journeyman
NNID
BlackRabbit87
3DS FC
1650-1675-4360
Honestly, I like Blaziken more BUT Treecko was the other starter I picked in Ruby when I picked Torchi in Sapphire. I do believe the element balance needs to be reinstated in Pokemon. I also believe there is no real reason to limit Nintendo's big 3 franchise. way I see it Pokemon, Mario, and LoZ can have as many reps as Sakurai feels like having in Smash. Those three franchises sell ridiculous amounts of money and I would imagine more reps from them would sell more games.

Basically, you have my support.

Masonomace

NNID
Masonomace
Speaking of the Grovyle for PMD 2, I think it's about time that he got a trophy. He had much more character than almost anyone in the Pokemon franchise.
Relating to the topic of Spin-off games getting some love, I agree for Grovyle PMD trophy.

Pokemon Snap got a trophy in Melee, all of the pokemon trophies inspired model design are from Stadium / Stadium 2 / Colosseum / XD / Battle Revolution(?).

Off-topic to a different franchise, Mario specifically Paper Mario has a stage for 3DS. I mean, c'mon no PMD love?

Honestly, I like Blaziken more BUT Treecko was the other starter I picked in Ruby when I picked Torchi in Sapphire. I do believe the element balance needs to be reinstated in Pokemon. I also believe there is no real reason to limit Nintendo's big 3 franchise. way I see it Pokemon, Mario, and LoZ can have as many reps as Sakurai feels like having in Smash. Those three franchises sell ridiculous amounts of money and I would imagine more reps from them would sell more games.

Basically, you have my support.
Thanks~
I've felt for a while that 7 reps from Mario / LoZ / Pokemon is not farfetch'd. I humbly accept your support.:shades:

Also reminder, https://www.surveymonkey.com/s/6KKB8FK
@ Reality_Ciak Reality_Ciak @ pupNapoleon pupNapoleon @ Sonic Poke Sonic Poke @ Jmacz Jmacz @Jaguar360 @ FangedSniper FangedSniper @Bro AJ @ LeeYawshee LeeYawshee @ CrazyChaos CrazyChaos @ Deathlightning21 Deathlightning21
may I ask a request to vote on that poll if you haven't already.:upsidedown:

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

@ Masonomace Masonomace I've been using a sashed speed boost Blaziken online lately (I'm competitive in Pokémon). That almost influenced me to vote Blaziken, but old instinct combined with a deeply seeded love for Sceptile won out. Not to mention he seems to be gaining mega popularity on Smashboards. :troll:

Da Black Rabbit

Smash Journeyman
NNID
BlackRabbit87
3DS FC
1650-1675-4360
@ Masonomace Masonomace I've been using a sashed speed boost Blaziken online lately (I'm competitive in Pokémon). That almost influenced me to vote Blaziken, but old instinct combined with a deeply seeded love for Sceptile won out. Not to mention he seems to be gaining mega popularity on Smashboards. :troll:
I literally had to tell myself 4 times that Smash already had a fire pokemon before I moved my mouse away from Blaziken and vote for Sceptile...

...hardest decision I have made in years...

domokl

Smash Lord
imagine if in a trailer for smash dlc both sceptile and lbaziken were reveald! The hype would be so real.

PlayfulMushroom

Smash Apprentice
If there was to be another Pokémon rep, I'd want it to be Mewtwo. Mewtwo is more revelevant, extremely highly requested, and I just like him more than Sceptile. However, if Mewtwo was deconfirmed or we could have seven Pokémon reps, I'd definitly want it to be Sceptile.
Mewtwo more relevant than Sceptile? :/

D

Deleted member

Mewtwo has 3 things of merchandise on the Pokemon Center shop: 2 mega plushies and a cup. Sceptile is still more relevant though.

Masonomace

NNID
Masonomace
Mewtwo has 3 things of merchandise on the Pokemon Center shop: 2 mega plushies and a cup. Sceptile is still more relevant though.
Pokemon Center needs more grass plushies, aka green pokemon. Color bias is very high with me, green is my life.

That said Chespin just doesn't cut it. I'd buy that plushie just to rip off the green hat portion & wear it.
<Not impressed with Chespin plushie 4/10, & that says something because I almost always give decent 5/10 scores.

D

Deleted member

Pokemon Center needs more grass plushies, aka green pokemon. Color bias is very high with me, green is my life.

That said Chespin just doesn't cut it. I'd buy that plushie just to rip off the green hat portion & wear it.
<Not impressed with Chespin plushie 4/10, & that says something because I almost always give decent 5/10 scores.
I feel ya. Hopefully we get some ORAS stuff on there soon. Nothing like Pre-Release Sceptile plushies to get the hype train going.

Masonomace

NNID
Masonomace
I feel ya. Hopefully we get some ORAS stuff on there soon. Nothing like Pre-Release Sceptile plushies to get the hype train going.
Discalimer: My post has a lot of hyperlinks & a spoiler.
I decided to check up on some Sceptile / Mega Sceptile merchandise to see how much my wallet can take, & found all of
THIS:
This site & this site ALONE without looking at other Sceptile merchandise, has everything I listed above in points. The designs you see overall are used multiply through those above points, meaning that same T-shirt design you like, may also have a sticker, poster, postcard, & a phone case for it too. Check out the shirts in the spoiler if you're too lazy to browse the T-shirts hyperlink.
Something to note about the t-shirts is you can choose a selectable background of any color you want / like. So it does not always have to be white, green, blue etc.. Same goes for most of the other merchandise on the site.

Note these images of t-shirts in the spoiler are listed by Top Selling best to worst according to their site without talking about how recent they were marketed as works designed by amazing artists, or trended. First picture is the most sold Sceptile t-shirt, last one is worst sold t-shirt. And for a fact, on this site Sceptile's t-shirt design beats a Typhlosion shirt, I repeat, A TYPHLOSION SHIRT, though it doesn't look that impressive.

Warning: The spoiler is very long, sorry to the phone users.

Don't even get me started on what I found for the plushies, keychains, other phone / technology case covers, action figures, 3DS Decals, a bottle cap?!?!?!, & so much more.
https://www.etsy.com/search?q=Sceptile&order=date_desc
Some awesome hand-made stuff.
Posting 2 more images then I'm done proving how awesome Sceptile's merchandise is compared to Mewtwo, Purin, Pikachu, Charizard, or Greninja. Yes, I went there, including you too Blaziken.
You wanna see a plush of ORAS? @Pikablu Pikachu Anyone else viewing this LOOK AT THIS MAGNIFICENT THING OF BEAUTY:

This shirt for competing against the other pokemon teams.:shades:
I rest my case.
*slams the Christmas tail*

Last edited:
Top Bottom