• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Forest Master Rises! Sceptile for Smash Bros! Over 100 supporters!!!

pupNapoleon

Smash Hero
NNID
NapoleonPlays
3DS FC
5129-1683-5306
Switch FC
SW 3124 9647 8311
Merchandise! I just had a thirty minute conversation with my buddy about it earlier today. I've never been one to collect this stuff.
And now, I will be. Amiibos no the way, I finally am going to start with all these things. I am looking at plush's and other things to have around.

Anyone can feel free to send them around to me. I love the eeveelutions.

You've got a point, technically Sceptile atm has more game relevance than Mewtwo right now. Mewtwo was so 2013.:shades:
I am really hoping Mewtwo gets another Mega Evolution in these new games. He should have three.
And at some point, Blastoise and Venasaur need better ones. The former functionally, the latter aesthetically.

Speaking of Mega's, who is now confirmed for ORAS?

Latios, Latias, Kyogre, Groudon, Swampert, Sceptile, Lopunny, Metagross, Altaria, Salamance
...Slowbro, Audino

Masonomace

Yeah Shulk, get stuck in!
NNID
Masonomace
I would absolutely love to see Sceptile playable in SSB4!
Thanks for Posting as your 1st in the Sceptile support thread!:shades:
Merchandise! I just had a thirty minute conversation with my buddy about it earlier today. I've never been one to collect this stuff.
And now, I will be. Amiibos no the way, I finally am going to start with all these things. I am looking at plush's and other things to have around.

Anyone can feel free to send them around to me. I love the eeveelutions.

I am really hoping Mewtwo gets another Mega Evolution in these new games. He should have three.
And at some point, Blastoise and Venasaur need better ones. The former functionally, the latter aesthetically.

Speaking of Mega's, who is now confirmed for ORAS?

Latios, Latias, Kyogre, Groudon, Swampert, Sceptile, Lopunny, Metagross, Altaria, Salamance
...Slowbro, Audino
Oh god. . .I read Mega Slowbro's info. Lol at being accidentally leaked along with Mega Audino. But as a spring animation bouncing on the tip of his tail. . .Full-blown spoink clone.:troll:
Nah I'm kidding. Nice for the most part another Gen.1 getting a MEvo that's going to appear in ORAS. I half-way expected it to go down that way, Slowpoke being fully devoured covered by a Shellder, classic. Now he's gotta be confirmed dead for his overdrive MEvo.:urg: Audino to Mega Audino I have no complaints about it honestly. The added Fairy type to Mega Audino is a nice touch to it.

Is it selfish & unfair to say I want every starter pokemon to have 2 MEvos ? Not always having it to be called X or Y at the end, though Mega Sceptile looks like that's his X form based off the X-shaped shrub on his chest.
Finally what makes you say Mewtwo needs a Mega Mewtwo Z forme?:urg:

Masonomace

NNID
Masonomace
Well, what I mean by that is that Mewtwo is more popular with the fans. Sceptile would be relevant due to the new Hoenn remakes, so I suppose I worded it wrong.

I still think Mewtwo should be before Sceptile though.
I think Mewtwo should be more popular with the fans than Charizard , too bad that'll never happen.

Here's to wishful thinking! Also did you know your main character got a shoryuken option in Sm4sh?:p

Masonomace

NNID
Masonomace
I just got a sudden realization of something that may or may not happen. I gotta go inform the Mewtwo thread & see what they think about it.
*hint hint* *wink wink* It's another legendary pokemon.:grin:;)

Also: I'm buying that #TeamTreecko shirt. So much win. Half those shirts are hotness.

Bowserlick

Smash Hero
The Ammibo's definately play into the collector's hobby/addiction.

Wouldn't one want to have a fire starter, water starter, and grass starter fully evolved pokemon? With the figurines, the lack of a grass pokemon would be much more obvious.

Phoenixian_Majesty

Smash Rookie
Supporting Sceptile. Not over mewtwo, but still - I'd main him. I'd actually support a mario-sized pokemon roster - I think they make great additions to the smash roster.

Pikachu, Jiggly Puff, Charizard, Lucario, Mewtwo, Greninja, Sceptile, Zoroark...

Crap, that sounds like the pokerap...

D

Deleted member

@ Masonomace Masonomace Don't tempt me with that merchandise
I didn't know that it was possible for a goldmine of Sceptile merchandise to be out there, waiting. Its been 3000 years a decade since Hoenn, and still merchandise?!?
Supporting Sceptile. Not over mewtwo, but still - I'd main him. I'd actually support a mario-sized pokemon roster - I think they make great additions to the smash roster.

Pikachu, Jiggly Puff, Charizard, Lucario, Mewtwo, Greninja, Sceptile, Zoroark...

Crap, that sounds like the pokerap...
Its funny because I support all of those characters. Don't worry if it sounds like the Pokerap, the more the merrier!
Thanks for Posting as your 1st in the Sceptile support thread!:shades:

Oh god. . .I read Mega Slowbro's info. Lol at being accidentally leaked along with Mega Audino. But as a spring animation bouncing on the tip of his tail. . .Full-blown spoink clone.:troll:
Nah I'm kidding. Nice for the most part another Gen.1 getting a MEvo that's going to appear in ORAS. I half-way expected it to go down that way, Slowpoke being fully devoured covered by a Shellder, classic. Now he's gotta be confirmed dead for his overdrive MEvo.:urg: Audino to Mega Audino I have no complaints about it honestly. The added Fairy type to Mega Audino is a nice touch to it.

Is it selfish & unfair to say I want every starter pokemon to have 2 MEvos ? Not always having it to be called X or Y at the end, though Mega Sceptile looks like that's his X form based off the X-shaped shrub on his chest.
Finally what makes you say Mewtwo needs a Mega Mewtwo Z forme?:urg:
I really like Mega Slowbro, he is really awesome. A Calm Mind set would be beast on that thing. The concept of him letting the Shellder almost eat him to power up is really cool, and he looks so derpy. About every starter getting 2 Mevos, I don't think so. The best thing that could happen would be a nostalgiafest and a cross generation trio. 2 MEvos for Charizard (Gen1, Fire), 2 MEvos for Feraligatr (Gen2, Water), and 2 MEvos for Sceptile (Gen3, Grass). Hopefully all Johto starters get Mevos this time around since they were in Emerald.

Last edited by a moderator:

Masonomace

NNID
Masonomace
@ Masonomace Masonomace Don't tempt me with that merchandise
I didn't know that it was possible for a goldmine of Sceptile merchandise to be out there, waiting. Its been 3000 years a decade since Hoenn, and still merchandise?!?

Its funny because I support all of those characters. Don't worry if it sounds like the Pokerap, the more the merrier!
I really like Mega Slowbro, he is really awesome. A Calm Mind set would be beast on that thing. The concept of him letting the Shellder almost eat him to power up is really cool, and he looks so derpy. About every starter getting 2 Mevos, I don't think so. The best thing that could happen would be a nostalgiafest and a cross generation trio. 2 MEvos for Charizard (Gen1, Fire), 2 MEvos for Feraligatr (Gen2, Water), and 2 MEvos for Sceptile (Gen3, Grass). Hopefully all Johto starters get Mevos this time around since they were in Emerald.
[/quote]
Hmmm. . .I can relate with your response of wanting nostolgiafests with balance out with one of each starter's type getting the bonuses for that said generation. However that would make the issue with Gen. 1's MEvo situation a whole lot worse for fans to be appeased with that cross-gen idea. It helps it but from another outlook it would upset even more fans for self-subjective inflictions against themselves for liking a pokemon that didn't get 2 MEvo's. I for one would like it because you just happened to say Feraligatr beause I love him to death, favorite starter of Johto, while Sceptile getting 2?! Sir you made my decision to like your post too easy. You also have a point with Johto's getting MEvo's due to their inclusion when completing your Hoenn Dex, as reward to choose one of the Johto starters.

Overall I like the MEvo's so far with a few exceptions of ". .. seriously? That's what your MEvo is / looks like?"

And lastly that merchandise is godlike. Did you see that Mega Sceptile plush!?!?!?!?

I almost wanna make this my avatar picture:

Edit will change my mind. Got another badass pic in mind

Last edited:

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Know what would be badass? A reveal trailer where we see Charizard vs Greninja at first, with Greninja quickly gaining an upperhand on Charizard due to his water-based attacks. But just when Charizard is about to get KO'd, we see a green flash, the screen turns black and we only see green slashes which is Sceptile doing Leaf Blade on Greninja resulting in Greninja being blown away. The battle then continues with these 3. All going to each other rather evenly. Then suddenly, Mewtwo teleports in and finishes all three off rather easily, and laughs like his Melee taunt. Only to be interrupted by none other than Jigglypuff, who lands a succesful Rest on Mewtwo. Ending the trailer.

Thoughts?

Masonomace

NNID
Masonomace
Know what would be badass? A reveal trailer where we see Charizard vs Greninja at first, with Greninja quickly gaining an upperhand on Charizard due to his water-based attacks. But just when Charizard is about to get KO'd, we see a green flash, the screen turns black and we only see green slashes which is Sceptile doing Leaf Blade on Greninja resulting in Greninja being blown away. The battle then continues with these 3. All going to each other rather evenly. Then suddenly, Mewtwo teleports in and finishes all three off rather easily, and laughs like his Melee taunt. Only to be interrupted by none other than Jigglypuff, who lands a succesful Rest on Mewtwo. Ending the trailer.

Thoughts?
First off. My first thought of the Trio starters duking it out heavily reminded me of Death Battle's premiere DB featuring Venusaur vs Charizard vs Blastoise. No spoilers to the ending but I see this going out the same way. The black-out cut-scenes of only seeing green slashes would be so hype-worthy enough to make my usual reactions become sensitive & yell yeah. Mewtwo gets that tiny moment of glory like Falcon got, & the funny twist ending would help confirm all 3 pokemon in question.

Then people will be totally surprised when their "6 pokemon team slot" fan-theory shoots itself in the foot & everyone's happy. I approve. To the max.
:4falcon::4falcon::4falcon::4falcon::4falcon::4falcon::4falcon::4falcon::4falcon: out of 10 HYESZ!

D

Deleted member

Hmmm. . .I can relate with your response of wanting nostolgiafests with balance out with one of each starter's type getting the bonuses for that said generation. However that would make the issue with Gen. 1's MEvo situation a whole lot worse for fans to be appeased with that cross-gen idea. It helps it but from another outlook it would upset even more fans for self-subjective inflictions against themselves for liking a pokemon that didn't get 2 MEvo's. I for one would like it because you just happened to say Feraligatr beause I love him to death, favorite starter of Johto, while Sceptile getting 2?! Sir you made my decision to like your post too easy. You also have a point with Johto's getting MEvo's due to their inclusion when completing your Hoenn Dex, as reward to choose one of the Johto starters.

Overall I like the MEvo's so far with a few exceptions of ". .. seriously? That's what your MEvo is / looks like?"

And lastly that merchandise is godlike. Did you see that Mega Sceptile plush!?!?!?!?

I almost wanna make this my avatar picture:

Edit will change my mind. Got another badass pic in mind
I know what you mean by people who don't like favoritism, but that didn't stop Charizard from getting 2 in the first place. It was just a nice idea I had including my 3 favorite starters besides Greninja. And nice new avatar. I have a Team Froakie hat from Gamestop, but Team Treecko would be nice.

Thoughts?
I think that that is a great idea, but I don't know if we actually will get another Pokemon trailer. Sceptile could be secret, not in, or revealed as a newcomer incorporating some of your ideas in a blowout trailer with other newcomers and veterans from various franchises.

Masonomace

NNID
Masonomace
I know what you mean by people who don't like favoritism, but that didn't stop Charizard from getting 2 in the first place. It was just a nice idea I had including my 3 favorite starters besides Greninja. And nice new avatar. I have a Team Froakie hat from Gamestop, but Team Treecko would be nice.

I think that that is a great idea, but I don't know if we actually will get another Pokemon trailer. Sceptile could be secret, not in, or revealed as a newcomer incorporating some of your ideas in a blowout trailer with other newcomers and veterans from various franchises.
Yeah I was fine with Mega Charizard X, they did NOT have to have a Y forme for Charizard. Man was that a blizzard that lead to only one thing. . .:shaker::shaker::shaker::shaker::shaker::shaker::salt::salt::salt:. MegaCharizardX is what fans wanted the most. Charizard Y is getting no anime recognition, nor do I hear about people using Y competitively more so than X. Thanks to that, fans will never let it down. The world would be a better place without MegaCharizardY. And thanks Team Froakie sounds like a legit team, you should wear that hat proudly, as do I with my sonic hat from pre-ordering Sonic Colors, then they just sell it online for cheap price. Fml.

Gonna reply for @ Diddy Kong Diddy Kong I say in his stead a trailer showing off both Mewtwo because he kind of deserves to be in a reveal trailer for the sake of visual changes, tweaks, re-vamps, same can apply to Purin too. Her outdated Brawl move-set needs some spicing up with a new UpB imo for vertical balance of recovery, & to boot having Sceptile be the newcomer of the video it's genuinely perfect. 3 birds in one nest, with Charizard / Greninja as the instigators. Pikachu can go evolve to Raichu for SSB5.

D

Deleted member

Yeah I was fine with Mega Charizard X, they did NOT have to have a Y forme for Charizard. Man was that a blizzard that lead to only one thing. . .:shaker::shaker::shaker::shaker::shaker::shaker::salt::salt::salt:. MegaCharizardX is what fans wanted the most. Charizard Y is getting no anime recognition, nor do I hear about people using Y competitively more so than X. Thanks to that, fans will never let it down. The world would be a better place without MegaCharizardY. And thanks Team Froakie sounds like a legit team, you should wear that hat proudly, as do I with my sonic hat from pre-ordering Sonic Colors, then they just sell it online for cheap price. Fml.

Gonna reply for @ Diddy Kong Diddy Kong I say in his stead a trailer showing off both Mewtwo because he kind of deserves to be in a reveal trailer for the sake of visual changes, tweaks, re-vamps, same can apply to Purin too. Her outdated Brawl move-set needs some spicing up with a new UpB imo for vertical balance of recovery, & to boot having Sceptile be the newcomer of the video it's genuinely perfect. 3 birds in one nest, with Charizard / Greninja as the instigators. Pikachu can go evolve to Raichu for SSB5.
Actually, on Battlespot in X/Y you can look at the 10 top held items and moves for each pokemon used in a specific format by going to http://3ds.pokemon-gl.com/battle/ It also shows the top 12 pokemon used in each format. Charizard Y is used more in every format. My Team Froakie hat is on my wall at the moment.
As for the trailer, I was saying that the Greninja vs Charizard vs Sceptile scene should happen in a blowout trailer, the last one before the japanese release. I never stated that I didn't think Mewtwo should be in the trailer, rather, I want him to be featured in one. Jigglypuff on the other hand, not so much. Jiggs should be teased at the end of a trailer, since she doesn't bring enough star power. I have nothing against Jiggs, its just that she isn't prominent in the Pokemon games at all lately, unless you count the fairy typing that a crapload of other pokemon got.

Masonomace

NNID
Masonomace
Actually, on Battlespot in X/Y you can look at the 10 top held items and moves for each pokemon used in a specific format by going to http://3ds.pokemon-gl.com/battle/ It also shows the top 12 pokemon used in each format. Charizard Y is used more in every format. My Team Froakie hat is on my wall at the moment.
As for the trailer, I was saying that the Greninja vs Charizard vs Sceptile scene should happen in a blowout trailer, the last one before the japanese release. I never stated that I didn't think Mewtwo should be in the trailer, rather, I want him to be featured in one. Jigglypuff on the other hand, not so much. Jiggs should be teased at the end of a trailer, since she doesn't bring enough star power. I have nothing against Jiggs, its just that she isn't prominent in the Pokemon games at all lately, unless you count the fairy typing that a crapload of other pokemon got.
Nice, Y competitively out plays X. I was wrong about Y & for that I'm glad.:shades: Now it just needs some movie / anime / special promotion through something.:urg:

Ohhh. . .So save the Pokemon trailer for the last stretch of character finalizing eh? I'm all for it. Mewtwo's been teased enough while Purin got no action or any news to it's confirmation. Sceptile is underrated & not expected to be in Sm4sh's roster without mentioning DLC, so I see the secrecy . Sorry for any confusion or claiming that my post insinuated you not wanting Mewtwo in a reveal. Purin is just. . .yeah she just isn't the star she used to be.

Edit: Though to be fair on Purin's behalf, she did start out as a clone to Kirby in 64. Purin being a favorite to Sakurai for the Kirby he sees in Purin I see him going the extra mile to utilize the Fairy type.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Nice, Y competitively out plays X. I was wrong about Y & for that I'm glad.:shades: Now it just needs some movie / anime / special promotion through something.:urg:

Ohhh. . .So save the Pokemon trailer for the last stretch of character finalizing eh? I'm all for it. Mewtwo's been teased enough while Purin got no action or any news to it's confirmation. Sceptile is underrated & not expected to be in Sm4sh's roster without mentioning DLC, so I see the secrecy . Sorry for any confusion or claiming that my post insinuated you not wanting Mewtwo in a reveal. Purin is just. . .yeah she just isn't the star she used to be.
I know what you mean. Personally, X is better imo, since he is nearly impossible to check unless you know what set it has (ddance sweeper or bulky will-o-wisp with roost). As for Jigglypuff, I think that she only deserves to be teased because she is a smash icon, and only a smash icon. Gone are the days when she was a star of the anime. Sceptile does bring his own starpower in the trailer idea however.

Masonomace

NNID
Masonomace
I know what you mean. Personally, X is better imo, since he is nearly impossible to check unless you know what set it has (ddance sweeper or bulky will-o-wisp with roost). As for Jigglypuff, I think that she only deserves to be teased because she is a smash icon, and only a smash icon. Gone are the days when she was a star of the anime. Sceptile does bring his own starpower in the trailer idea however.
And that is the bare minimum that it comes down to. Purin Ness & Captain Falcon are all smash Icons only, as well as being the original faces of Smash Brothers too. But Falcon has a better situation than both of them, so that doesn't help Purin. Talking about this trailer prediction is slightly putting my decent pinnacle to a higher point.:estatic:

pupNapoleon

Smash Hero
NNID
NapoleonPlays
3DS FC
5129-1683-5306
Switch FC
SW 3124 9647 8311

Wouldn't one want to have a fire starter, water starter, and grass starter fully evolved pokemon? With the figurines, the lack of a grass pokemon would be much more obvious.
Never even thought about it from the statement of 'Gotta Catchem All.'

Honestly, it would be extremely impractical for Blaziken to be chosen over Sceptile. I wrote a little (big) diddy on Sceptile's inclusion, with chapters. I wrote it in pieces, so it gets a little redundant, but I think I will post it here, though most have read it by now.

Masonomace

NNID
Masonomace

New realization.
Bandai to my knowledge used to or still does make figures, like this one:
Front

Back
A little more realistic look to resemble itself in Sm4sh so-to-speak, it'd be a worthy figure to collect.:shades:

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

New realization.
Bandai to my knowledge used to or still does make figures, like this one:
Front

Back
A little more realistic look to resemble itself in Sm4sh so-to-speak, it'd be a worthy figure to collect.:shades:
That figure doesn't look good enough for official artwork. He needs to be in action because of how expressive the Smash 4 artwork is. Maybe something like this Miiverse post I drew last night, but better since I'm bad at drawing:

Jiggly

Drop the mic, cause these fools sleeping on me
The FBI Surveillance Van outside your house.
NNID
Jiggly101
I really want sceptile in, but I feel that mewtwo would beat sceptile... :/ At the same time, Sceptile is more unique, as mewtwo is similar to lucario. Sakurai HAS shown, that unique > popularity

D

Deleted member

I really want sceptile in, but I feel that mewtwo would beat sceptile... :/ At the same time, Sceptile is more unique, as mewtwo is similar to lucario. Sakurai HAS shown, that unique > popularity
Sceptile has the potential to be much more unique. Mewtwo and Lucario share 2 moves and Lucario has an aura mechanic that Mewtwo doesn't, so I don't see how that works.

Jiggly

NNID
Jiggly101
Sceptile has the potential to be much more unique. Mewtwo and Lucario share 2 moves and Lucario has an aura mechanic that Mewtwo doesn't, so I don't see how that works.
/i know, but there playstyles are somewhat similar... Not exactly, but kind of linked. I just feel if sakurai wanted a diverse roster, sceptile would be the better choice. People could say that sceptile would kill hype, but I feel sceptile would be more hype than mewtwo. A returning veteran, or an unlikely underdog??? that, is the question...

Masonomace

NNID
Masonomace
/i know, but there playstyles are somewhat similar... Not exactly, but kind of linked. I just feel if sakurai wanted a diverse roster, sceptile would be the better choice. People could say that sceptile would kill hype, but I feel sceptile would be more hype than mewtwo. A returning veteran, or an unlikely underdog??? that, is the question...
As far as Sphere pressure with mind-games holding the Neutral B projectile, they're practically opposites. Especially when comparing :mewtwomelee: to :lucario:. Lucario did everything right & had viablility Mewtwo neither had nor got through tournament game-play.

Also think they all can be in the roster together, but who's to say DLC will change their minds making millions of Mewtwo fans buy the game / pay to play him. Same goes for Sceptile.

pupNapoleon

Smash Hero
NNID
NapoleonPlays
3DS FC
5129-1683-5306
Switch FC
SW 3124 9647 8311
Why would there only be one more Pokemon?

That baffles me?

Jiggly

NNID
Jiggly101
Why would there only be one more Pokemon?

That baffles me?
So we have:
Pikachu
Lucario
Charizard
Greninja

I feel jigglypuff is a given, due to the original 12, but maybe im wrong...

this puts us at 5 pokemon reps. You think that sceptile AND mewtwo could make it at this point? 7 pokemon reps? That seems unlikey to me... Sorry...

D

Deleted member

So we have:
Pikachu
Lucario
Charizard
Greninja

this puts us at 5 pokemon reps. You think that sceptile AND mewtwo could make it at this point? 7 pokemon reps? That seems unlikey to me... Sorry...
We had Pikachu, Jigglypuff, and Lucario in Brawl. Then we had Pokémon Trainer who existed solely to represent the type trio. Mewtwo was planned for Brawl. Greninja replaces Squirtle, and Sceptile replaces Ivysaur and we get planned Brawl representation, but better.

Jiggly

NNID
Jiggly101
@Pikablu Pikachu 's got it.

@ Jiggly Jiggly , have faith in us, have faith in all of them, 7 pokemon slots is not shocking unless you main :4pikachu:.
It shouldn't be shocking you either, I mean, mega sceptile DOES have lightning rod...

But in all seriousness, there was probably a reason they scrapped Mewtwo, over representation is a bad thing. I think the triforce of nintendo franchises will prob have 6 reps each, but if you really wanna hope for 7 pokemon reps, be my guest ;)

Masonomace

NNID
Masonomace
It shouldn't be shocking you either, I mean, mega sceptile DOES have lightning rod...

But in all seriousness, there was probably a reason they scrapped Mewtwo, over representation is a bad thing. I think the triforce of nintendo franchises will prob have 6 reps each, but if you really wanna hope for 7 pokemon reps, be my guest ;)
Thank you to the max Jiggly.:smirk:
I hope that your avatar's pokemon makes it in as well, with that sharpie taunt. Here's to the 3 pokemon in Sm4sh, cheers to Jiggly, Mewtwo & Sceptile.

D

Deleted member

He was scrapped due to time constraints. He had the most data on disc of any unfinished character. The time constraints were probably caused by Sonic's high popularity and extremely late addition. No such thing has happened with Smash 4 though :)

pupNapoleon

Smash Hero
NNID
NapoleonPlays
3DS FC
5129-1683-5306
Switch FC
SW 3124 9647 8311
So we have:
Pikachu
Lucario
Charizard
Greninja

We were going to get seven in Brawl; it is highly concrete that Mewtwo was only scrapped last minute when Sonic needed to be added.
And why is it farfetched? I'm gonna go get a little post of mine. Excuse me. I'll be back.

Masonomace

NNID
Masonomace
We were going to get seven in Brawl; it is highly concrete that Mewtwo was only scrapped last minute when Sonic needed to be added.
And why is it farfetched? I'm gonna go get a little post of mine. Excuse me. I'll be back.
Mega Sceptile is imminent
If you main Pikachu Jiggly it's over. 10-0 MU ggs.:ohwell:

D

Deleted member

Mega Sceptile is gonna be beast in VGC with Rotom-wash! Sceptile can run protect for faster SE hits [talonflame] while rotom can threaten it with discharge/hydro pump, and raise sceptile's already good special attack with discharge on later turns while damaging opponents. Hopefully that kind of competitive viability can keep him and Greninja popular enough for future Smash titles.

Top Bottom