• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Forest Master Rises! Sceptile for Smash Bros! Over 100 supporters!!!

Jmacz

Smash Journeyman
NNID
aWildJmacz
New character be announced this Monday :roll::roll::roll:

If Sceptile is announced I'll lose it.

WolfieXVII ❂

stay woke
NNID
tresxvii
3DS FC
4699-5598-8215
They need to complete the trinity, Grass,Water and Fire. But I think he has a very good chance of getting in, just not a Monday reveal..

pupNapoleon

Smash Hero
NNID
NapoleonPlays
3DS FC
5129-1683-5306
Switch FC
SW 3124 9647 8311
The trailer isn't 3 minutes long for nothing.

If we are to get Sceptile, I see Jigglypuff and possibly Mewtwo coming along for the ride. Honestly, I would be fine with just Jigglypuff and Sceptile. 7 Pokémon being overkill might be a problem here.

But still, imagine the hype. No one gets hurt!

Reality_Ciak

Smash Ace
The trailer isn't 3 minutes long for nothing.

If we are to get Sceptile, I see Jigglypuff and possibly Mewtwo coming along for the ride. Honestly, I would be fine with just Jigglypuff and Sceptile. 7 Pokémon being overkill might be a problem here.

But still, imagine the hype. No one gets hurt!
I don't think Jiggs would be revealed. Maybe hinted at like G&W. And if we had a Sceptile Mewtwo co-reveal video like Charizard Greninja, even though Mewtwo is the vet, I'd see him being the big reveal like Greninja and Sceptile being the minor reveal like Charizard. Both characters will leave me in a hype coma, but I think Sceptile would be revealed first and Mewtwo would be the star of the reveal.

pupNapoleon

Smash Hero
NNID
NapoleonPlays
3DS FC
5129-1683-5306
Switch FC
SW 3124 9647 8311
I don't think Jiggs would be revealed. Maybe hinted at like G&W. And if we had a Sceptile Mewtwo co-reveal video like Charizard Greninja, even though Mewtwo is the vet, I'd see him being the big reveal like Greninja and Sceptile being the minor reveal like Charizard. Both characters will leave me in a hype coma, but I think Sceptile would be revealed first and Mewtwo would be the star of the reveal.
I don't think Jiggs would be hinted at.
We can reasonably assume, even before hand, that Game and watch was a huge candidate to return. Even seeing him in context allowed us to say, 'maybe this is a baton pass?' Likely not, though.

But jigglypuff being shown would be a direct confirmation. Whereas, at this point, the only two things she actually has going for her are o12 (which, sorry, not getting into another debate about at this time), and fairy typing (which both may mean nothing).
So, reasonable doubt standing for her now, seeing her without confirmation, would show confirmation. Either way showing her is in fact confirmation, which defeats the point.

Reality_Ciak

Smash Ace
I don't think Jiggs would be hinted at.
We can reasonably assume, even before hand, that Game and watch was a huge candidate to return. Even seeing him in context allowed us to say, 'maybe this is a baton pass?' Likely not, though.

But jigglypuff being shown would be a direct confirmation. Whereas, at this point, the only two things she actually has going for her are o12 (which, sorry, not getting into another debate about at this time), and fairy typing (which both may mean nothing).
So, reasonable doubt standing for her now, seeing her without confirmation, would show confirmation. Either way showing her is in fact confirmation, which defeats the point.
Right. If I elaborated I meant if we only saw Sceptile or Mewtwo (not both) maybe Jiggs would get a hint, but she's always a secret character so I too doubt they'd do that. I think if we get all three, one's going to be DLC. And I don't think it's going to be Sceptile.

Sarki Soliloquy

Smash Champion
Just judging from my squee reaction thinking Greninja was Mewtwo up to the reveal, I'm pretty open for Mewtwo's comeback.

I just see Jiggs being more likely to make the cut over Mewtwo. It certainly has its anticipation going for it, so Jiggs + Sceptile wouldn't hurt at all. If we are going to get DLC newcomers or even unannounced hidden vets, you could bring Mewtwo and maybe Roy along.

pupNapoleon

Smash Hero
NNID
NapoleonPlays
3DS FC
5129-1683-5306
Switch FC
SW 3124 9647 8311
Just judging from my squee reaction thinking Greninja was Mewtwo up to the reveal, I'm pretty open for Mewtwo's comeback.

I just see Jiggs being more likely to make the cut over Mewtwo. It certainly has its anticipation going for it, so Jiggs + Sceptile wouldn't hurt at all. If we are going to get DLC newcomers or even unannounced hidden vets, you could bring Mewtwo and maybe Roy along.
I am pretty certain Mewtwo is in. Half the world (yes, even the half without internet) thought Greninja was Mewtwo. That's a bold attempt to upset fans by Sakurai. It's psychological hinting #NotABossRidley #KremlingKRool #NonATIsaac

Jmacz

Smash Journeyman
NNID
aWildJmacz
I still think Mewtwo is going to be out, but be the first announced for DLC. They need a big name for DLC, Mewtwo will sell.

Masonomace

Yeah Shulk, get stuck in!
NNID
Masonomace
True out of Jiggly, Sceptile, & Mewtwo, Mewtwo would sell more than both Jiggs & Sceptile multiplied by 2. . .hundred times. Nintendo may take advantage of the fans:scared:

Sonic Poke

Smash Lord
I'd scream goku levels of hype seeing that green line, AFTER I notice a pkmn teasing start.
Can I dream? Well:

First the screen focuses in the sun. A beautiful sunny day in the forrest of course. The pokeballs start to fall from the sky and some pokémon start to apear. They are the ones that have not appeared in Greninja's trailer, as Melloeta, Arceus, Genesect, Xerneas, etc... The camera go ahead to a cave while the monsters are summoned. Inside the cave only a blured figure take the focus and says: "So, this is my power... but what is my purpose? "

The scene cut to the forest outside. Mega Man, Little Mac, Marth, Ike and Zero Suit Samus contemplate the explosion of the rock in the opposite of the cave entrance. Lucario and Pikachu goes outside the hole created while the camera focuses them. The same voice heard before says: "Human and Pokemon can *NEVER* be friends."

Then a battle scene starts, Pikachu attacks Zero Suit Samus and Marth while Lucario fights Little Mac, Mega Man and Ike. Pikachu Thuntherbolts Zero Suit Samus but Marth saves her with a Dolphin Slash. Lucario Force Palms Ike but Little Mac attacks him with a horizontal Smash Attack. Now the voice is heard: "It cannot be! But you cannot escape your fate!"

Unexpectedly, Greninja vanishes into battle and Shadow Sneaks Marth, allowing Pikachu focus Zero Suit Samus. Charizard comes from the sky and Seismic Toss Little Mac. But Lucario is still facing two foes. While Lucario faces Mega Man and Ike the voice says: "The world will heed my warning!" Then, a strong Leaf Storm breaks Megaman's Leaf Shield and Sceptile seeds the victory!

The usual gameplay footage starts, all his special are shown, after the Final Smash, the trailer returns to cutscene as in Villager trailer, the camera focuses in the face of many human fighters while the voice returns to speak: "The world will heed my warning! The Reign of Mewtwo will soon begin." And Mewtwo Strikes Back!

A really short gameplay footage is teased, as Wii Fit Trainer and Villager. And the screen shows:

SUPER SMASH BROS FOR WII U AND 3DS.

The cameo scene shows Jigglypuff with a really iconic mad face painting the faces of the sleeping characters that appeared in the trailer in front of the cave.

Last edited:

Jmacz

Smash Journeyman
NNID
aWildJmacz
The cameo scene shows Jigglypuff with a really iconic mad face painting the faces of the sleeping characters that appeared in the trailer in front of the cave.

Last edited:

Masonomace

NNID
Masonomace
Is seven too much for pokémon now?:troll:
Fire emblem has four.
I really thought about making an exact post like this. But to freshen this topic I do not think that 7 is too much for Pkmn, 7 for 700+ pkmn when half of them could qualify for fighting characters, so NOPE.:shades:
so who would the seventh pokemon be a clone of :troll:
:jigglypuff: because :4kirby::troll: since beginning of rants about Smash64 character similarities.

Last edited:

smashingDoug

Smash Lord
I really thought about making an exact post like this. But to freshen this topic I do not think that 7 is too much for Pkmn, 7 for 700+ pkmn when half of them could qualify for fighting characters, so NOPE.:shades:

:jigglypuff: because :4kirby::troll: since beginning of rants about Smash64 character similarities.
not cloney (is that a word) enough

Masonomace

NNID
Masonomace
not cloney (is that a word) enough
cloney is not a dictionary word but can be accepted by urban dictionary (it probably is) buuuuuuut.
how about :jigglypuff: because :4kirby: inhaled :039: & becomes Puff-Kirby. Too much cloneliness?:shades:

So Chrom is to Robin as Blaziken is to Sceptile in popularity right? :troll:
I can see the Trio of Hoenn starters now. . .featuring Hoenn Final Smash beatdown, starring Sceptile:shades:.

smashingDoug

Smash Lord
cloney is not a dictionary word but can be accepted by urban dictionary (it probably is) buuuuuuut.
how about :jigglypuff: because :4kirby: inhaled :039: & becomes Puff-Kirby. Too much cloneliness?:shades:

I can see the Trio of Hoenn starters now. . .featuring Hoenn Final Smash beatdown, starring Sceptile:shades:.
i was thinking more of :4greninja: and :mewtwopm: :troll:

Last edited:

Makaronileo

Smash Journeyman
Eyy this trailer confirmed that dubble Newcomer from one seriers can happen in sbb4.
Good 4 sceptile and possibly new mario rep.

I belive either sceptile or mewtwo will be in the roster alongside with puffs.

Pls sakurai dont add just a puff.

Last edited:

smashingDoug

Smash Lord
Eyy this trailer confirmed that dubble Newcomer from one seriers can happen in sbb4.
Good 4 sceptile and possibly new mario rep.

I belive either sceptile or mewtwo will be in the roster alongside with puffs.

Pls sakurai dont add just a puff.
i hope mario and zelda get a 6th rep because that would mean pokemon to and sadly because original 12 can't be cut the puff might be back

Masonomace

NNID
Masonomace
This is kind of horrible to say but it is within Sceptile walls of chat. I'd want Sceptile in the finalized roster & Mewtwo as DLC. Why I'm saying this is because Mewtwo would sell so much more that Nintendo would milk the fans. Sceptile would complete this 'trinity' & balance would be restored to the world. Jigglypuff can come too, ZHE END.

Xenorange

Smash Lord
Is it weird that I find Sceptile MUCH MUCH more likely now that Gematsu has been debunked? I'm honestly
Expecting him now.

Masonomace

NNID
Masonomace
My past text in black makes sense dollars. . .in Nintendo's pockets:shades: but seriously Sceptile & Jigglypuff for Pkmn cross-over battle with other said universe franchise, how about LoZ/StarFox?

gitryan

Smash Rookie
I've finally read through all of these posts... Phew!
Thank you all for providing a logical, and hype fuelling, community for me to read through on evenings! I will be beyond ecstatic if my favourite pokémon is playable. I definitely support this.

Masonomace

NNID
Masonomace
Is Xeno on dat list :S?
Apparently. . .you're not on the list, D= @ Sonic Poke Sonic Poke give me that thread power so that we may add 25+ supporters on the list<3

Edit: Bump These people still gotta get on the list:
Cobalsh
S2rulL
papagenos
dezeray112
DeOnde
Staarih
Freduardo
Spinosaurus
skaaaa
Zhadgon
HeroG
Thunderfang747
Karafuru
PokéMurio
thethirdkoopa
Plain Yogurt
SchAlternate
SunnyDust
RIDLEY is too SMALL
Smashoperatingbuddy123
Lizardon

pizzadudemanguy
SethTheMage
Cap'nChreest
ErenJager
WaddleKing
SmashBro99
AncientTobacco
Captain Hotcakes
GamerGuy09
CrazyChaos
Mega Hawlucha
Ultinarok
Pega-pony Princess
JUCE001
Phaazoid
mygamecube
Reginleif
Bowserlick
Dalek_Kolt

Users that may need to post to confirm for support: (I skimmed posts because 20+ pages so apologies for not reading thoroughly)

Aguki90 ?
Speculator ?
Burigu ?
TheLegendOfVenusaur ?
Makaronileo ?
D3monicWolv3s ?
NekuShikazu ?
Neo Zero?
CheeseBroJoe ?
Oracle_Summon ?
Speed ?

That's pretty much 50 potential supporters!

Last edited:

Makaronileo

Smash Journeyman
Why ?

And wouldn't a Pkmn Mustery Dungeon on the wii U be Awesome

It could take place in Hoen before there was people there when Groudon and kyogre still was in primal forms and fighting.

It could feuture co op playing and a sceptile instead of a grovyle.

The grhapics would be Fabulus and the trailer epic.

That would make my day.

Jmacz

Smash Journeyman
NNID
aWildJmacz
I know it's probably been brought up a million times, but the fact that Ash owns a Sceptile would seem to really help his chances. We already have Pikachu and Charizard, and seeing as Froakie is the only starter he has in the current anime, and his traveling buddies have the other starters it's pretty safe to assume it will evolve into Greninja eventually.

Then you have Jigglypuff who followed him around forever, Mewtwo who he convinced to not end the world, and Lucario who he has a link with through aura.

Xenorange

Smash Lord
Death to the Puff, I have never liked that character. Anyways, do you guys think that Sceptile would be a hidden newcomer or one revealed before release?

Top Bottom