• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Forest Master Rises! Sceptile for Smash Bros! Over 100 supporters!!!

pupNapoleon

Smash Hero
NNID
NapoleonPlays
3DS FC
5129-1683-5306
Switch FC
SW 3124 9647 8311
Oh, that does sound like fun. Good idea.

Now for Sceptile fans, a question if you will:

How do you think Sceptile would fair in his moveset gameplay? Particularly speaking, how he would fair edge-guarding, killing moves potential, and the like?
Grappling potential; with a potential to be able to wall climb and crawl which no other character does. Not necessarily a unique gimmick, but he could wall climb and stay in trees and on platforms, which I think could be his ticket to inclusion, his unique niche

Oracle_Summon

Smash Hero
Grappling potential; with a potential to be able to wall climb and crawl which no other character does. Not necessarily a unique gimmick, but he could wall climb and stay in trees and on platforms, which I think could be his ticket to inclusion, his unique niche
Now what about his downsides? What would Sceptile players have to worry about or work around when playing as him?

Masonomace

Yeah Shulk, get stuck in!
NNID
Masonomace
Now what about his downsides? What would Sceptile players have to worry about or work around when playing as him?
Sceptile's downsides can be pointing to his middle-class weight which can be a good or bad thing but Sceptile would still be considered mid-light if launched off-stage and since Sm4sh is all about that early KO% that hurts him. Another downside can be Sceptile's hurt-box, which includes any non-disjointed moves he throws out with his leaf blades if that's even applied not to mention his tail being a huge part of his move-set and style to get tail attacks in. Sceptile would most likely have a poor ground game while have a decently-good aerial game. But with all of Sceptile's potential utility and lack of KO power Sceptile can still get by with a few KO options that we have in our heads about how this character would move, play, and fight.

Snagrio

Shiny Lord
NNID
WingedFish64
3DS FC
4081-5821-0404
I've noticed a potential pattern that may help Sceptile. We've got a starter from every generation by threes. Charizard in 1, and Greninja in 6. Put in Sceptile and the progression will be 1-3-6. Add that to the starter type trio (Fire, Grass, and Water), and it'd make for a pretty clever setup.

Many said Pac-Man was needed to complete the third-party trio, and Sakurai delivered. So now there is another set of three waiting to be united. Here's hoping it happens.

NNID
Nightdazer
3DS FC
0731-4784-1465
As much as I'd love to see Sceptile, I worry for Jigglypuff and Mewtwo. Don't get me wrong, seven pokemon would be amazing, but I don't think it's in the cards....someone's going to be inevitably disappointed it seems. We'll see though.

Snagrio

Shiny Lord
NNID
WingedFish64
3DS FC
4081-5821-0404
As much as I'd love to see Sceptile, I worry for Jigglypuff and Mewtwo. Don't get me wrong, seven pokemon would be amazing, but I don't think it's in the cards....someone's going to be inevitably disappointed it seems. We'll see though.
Jigglypuff is a given because 3 times veteran, Sceptile could be used to promote OR/AS, and Mewtwo, should he miss the initial roster, would be a prime candidate for DLC.

Given how there was six in Brawl (Sakurai counted the PT as three individuals) seven doesn't seem like too much of a stretch.

Masonomace

NNID
Masonomace
The pattern(s) do give Sceptile a chance If they'll still follow the G/F/W trio types of Grass/Fire/Water like they did with PKMN Trainer in brawl but off-topic for a move-set reference watch only the first 30 seconds of this video for ideas of what MIGHT be ideas for his attacks:

Edit: After seeing WingedSnagret's post about 7 not being a stretch as others have said plenty, I approve yet again~

Last edited:

Masonomace

NNID
Masonomace
For the sake of more posts I wanna point out the video above me can include a Jab with tail, a potential U-smash/F-smash Tail move, and a B-throw with tail based off Godzilla's throw with a tail-slap. Finally Godzilla getting up to do a tail sweep could be a possible get-up attack idea for Sceptile when he's knocked down on the ground or tripping from naners. Yes?

Edit: No? Maybebaby?

Last edited:

Masonomace

NNID
Masonomace
Calling all Forest Masters? Assemble!! I was gonna give the @ symbol and call forth every supporter from the Sceptile thread but that would of been intense. Steering away from my different game reference for Sceptile's move-set *shrug*, anyone read this? http://gamerant.com/super-smash-bros-wii-u-3ds-roster-greninja-details/

Pretty much explains exactly of how Greninja came to be in Sm4sh. Was interesting to read, knowing now that PKMN will have at least 6 slots if you consider all the veterans with the confirmed now.

Last edited:

Kalimdori

Amateur Youtuber
NNID
Kalimdori
3DS FC
5129-1442-5970
Calling all Forest Masters? Assemble!! I was gonna give the @ symbol and call forth every supporter from the Sceptile thread but that would of been intense. Steering away from my different game reference for Sceptile's move-set *shrug*, anyone read this? http://gamerant.com/super-smash-bros-wii-u-3ds-roster-greninja-details/

Pretty much explains exactly of how Greninja came to be in Sm4sh. Was interesting to read, knowing now that PKMN will definitely have 6-7 spots filled at this point.
Which part is it confirming that PKMN will have 6-7 spots. Skimmed it, didn't find anything of the sort.

Masonomace

NNID
Masonomace
Woops....I've been typing numbers all day I let that slip quickly lemme just edit that out...

But staying on the topic, Greninja was an idea for Sm4sh way before X & Y was a thing. Essentially Greninja was to fill in an open slot signifying that Pikachu, Lucario, Charizard Jigglypuff & Mewtwo would finish the 6 slot goal. I said 7 just because I feel Nintendo can make that happen.

pupNapoleon

Smash Hero
NNID
NapoleonPlays
3DS FC
5129-1683-5306
Switch FC
SW 3124 9647 8311
That doesn't say much to me about Pokemon...
It says to me that the 'no slots' statement before is obviously a contextual statement, that means he doesn't go in with a 'limit' to the game, but clearly there are in fact slots.

But having read this in short before, it says to me, that hopefully the reason he was so gung-ho for Greninja, was because he knew of ORAS, Charizard, and already decided on Sceptile.

That said-- if he early on had not planned cuts- then PT wasnt cut, and there was no matter of Greninja, Sceptile, Charizard to be had.

I dont know. I'm not as positive on thinking he is likely at this point, not without being DLC.
But I cannot see that being the case without it helping Squirtle, so, we will see.
Pokemon is always the surprise series, and surprise me it always does.

Masonomace

NNID
Masonomace
TL;DR
SCEPTILE FOR SM4SH!:shades:
Not quoting you yet Duke, I just activated StudyMode. Basically the remakes of the original games RBY GSC & RSE all have longer time gaps in between, so here's where I instantly decided for myself that Sceptile has almost equal privilege of being a Sm4sh character. (technically because of this huge post's logic, Blaziken & Swampert would have just as much of a chance as Sceptile but not discussing about them)

Use this for a reference key: http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/timeline/9d6519f9a6895834ba61cd2d3d17c534.png

Ruby & Sapphire were released in 2002 while 2 years later FireRed LeafGreen & Emerald were released in 2004, but the President of The Pokemon Company Tsunekazu Ishiharu noted
"We don't feel that this a remake at all. We feel that this is a new game, with wireless technology", yet some people still saw it as a remake for RBY when it was a Red & Green remake:ohwell:. HeartGold & SoulSilver come up next remade & were released in Japan September 12, 2009, 10 years later after G&S was released in 1999. Game Freak's pattern of dedicated pkmn games lead to another remake hinting towards Gen.3 Hoenn, the only question, was when. But after 12 long years of waiting we finally hear of ORAS releasing WORLDWIDE November 2014. Now lets take some years back about Super Smash Bros..
Brawl was released in 2008 with the finalized character roster including Pkmn Trainer & his 3 pkmn starters as FR&LG representation for those games that released in 2004. From Melee to Brawl was a long break that justifies for Melee being an excellent successor to SSB64, followed by a 4 year break after Brawl's release until leaking info about Sm4sh.
*Theory Speculation Begins* In the 4 year time between Brawl's release & Sm4sh's starting development, we didn't know about Sakurai's intentions of finalizing his character roster before his roundtable questions, interviews, & E3, so we can only speculate those years. I won't discuss about Gen. 4, 5, or 6 involving any Hoenn hints, but Platinum version was released the same year of 2008. Now this is where theory speculation takes place, pretending Game Freak wanted to recommend any potential Pkmn to Sakurai for promoting their game(s) in Sm4sh. The time frame releases of the Pkmn games plays a part with GF promoting their respected games with any past Pkmn that Game Freak wanted to suggest to Sakurai with the remake in their intentions developing in between the games etc..*Theory Speculation Ends*

Any pkmn Sakurai promotes for GF & their game franchise helps the likelihood ever more including movies, canon anime, manga & Smash Bros. sequels. So these titles may of had an effect on Game Freak's & Sakurai's Pkmn character suggestions: HG&SS, B&W, B2&W2, X&Y, and lastly OR&AS.
"But Mace OR&AS isn't coming out until after Sm4sh for 3DS it's too late". Too late? Do we think that OR&AS wasn't in development near Sakurai's roster finalizing / development or something? The timeline of games developed affect the gaps you see especially to R&S and OR&AS, you can tell this remake had some time restrictions. Why FR&LG's gap didn't take as long is simply from not too many games between Gen.1 & Gen.2's time-frame barely including any spin-offs. OR&AS took longer than both the FR/LG & HG/SS remakes in this time-frame because naturally when you make more & more games such as spin-off titles in between remakes of your past games while STILL making a remake from Gen.2 into Gen.4 HG/SS that is just one generation ahead of R&S, it all piles up more with what current gen-games are made now. This is a good point as to why remakes take longer & longer to release leading to why OR&AS came so late. So think of it like this, when Game Freak knew they had Hoenn remakes to develop because they're following a set pattern, OR&AS would of had finished on paper right as Gen,5 was approaching (which we love you for that GF) re-spicing up Gen.3 remakes makes them relevant just in time again for a Pkmn suggestion to give to Sakurai for him to promote in Sm4sh while also serving as a catalyst for OR&AS . Not satisfied? Keep reading.

If Sceptile was considered by Sakurai a confirmed playable Pkmn character on the 3DS, how exactly would you react? Nothing? What if a die-hard Pkmn fan learning about it wanted to buy Sm4sh for the 3DS just to play Sceptile, who's never even played Smash? That's very unlikely but gamers who were / weren't Gen 3 pkmn fans that liked / didn't like the Hoenn region / games may suddenly get back into them thinking about buying OR&AS without playing the original R&S...all because of seeing & playing Sceptile on 3DS. So now I leave you one last question, how much more popular would OR&AS become after Sceptile is a confirmed Sm4sh MegaEvolving playable character?

---------------------------You may leave after finish reading here. Read the edits below if you like.---------------------------
Edit: All of this talk about the Sm4sh roster finalizing & started developing late 2011 - early 2012 means very little to me & these chronological dates. If you want more speculation of other Pkmn character choices then fine, here's a list of those Pkmn:
  1. 16/18 starters due to Charizard & Greninja already confirmed.
  2. 51 / 54 legendaries in total but 14 legendaries in Sm4sh include Mew, Entei, Lugia, Latias, Deoxys, Palkia, Darkrai, Arceus, Victini, Kyurem, Keldeo, Meloetta, Genesect, & Xerneas are all confirmed MasterBall summons.
  3. 6/7 pseudo-legendaries includes Dragonite, Tyranitar, Salamence, Garchomp, Hydreigon, & Goodra except for Metagross because he's a confirmed Pokeball summon.
  4. 8/9 semi-puedo's include Kingdra, Slaking, Aggron, Flygon, Haxorus, Zoroark, Volcarona, & Noivern except Lucario who's a playable character.
Basically 81 to 84 Pkmn choices from starters & legendaries to choose from just to fill in 1 or 2 spots, but 95% no other legendaries besides Mewtwo or maybe Darkrai have a shot with starters.

One other topic I hear about Pkmn in Sm4sh is the amount of slots there might / will be. This is my opinion when I say I believe Sm4sh will at least have 6 or 7 slots, my most naive choice is 8 slots. The only problem I have with this slot topic about Pkmn in Smash is when I hear people saying Sm4sh will have 5 slots. . . Seriously? Only 5? Some people want 5 Pkmn slots in Sm4sh? What the fest? You guys out there realize that Pkmn as a Nintendo universe almost has 720 of them...right? That numbered list above was crunched down to about 80 Pkmn. Most of the legendaries will be Master ball summons, so it drops to about 30 now. I'm done there because Mewtwo would be the only legendary pkmn to be playable practically more than most of the other pseudos or semi-pseudos. 6 slots is okay but a disappointment will occur, while 7 imho would be do-able guaranteeing Sceptile's slot but to anyone's opinion being 5 pkmn slots are derp&slurp cutting Pokemon as a whole far too short. In all seriousness if Sm4sh only has 5 Pkmn slots to fill expect angry pkmn fans (a lot of people) who only cared for the Pkmn in the game will be awaiting for the remaining DLC & better happen FAST:facepalm:.
GGs guys Mewtwo, Sceptile, or any other 6th pkmn choice Sakurai thought of are all DLC except Jigglypuff.
Edit: Also the reason(s) people throw out or call simple patterns for predictions & theories is really because of trimming down the megaton-load amount of Pkmn. It's done for comfort knowing that said pkmn would have a chance according to those similar patterns:
  • Generation representation based from what is & what isn't in yet
  • Type Trifecta Trio
  • Unique lack-of being grass
  • Seeing two fully evolved starters so we say Sceptile / Fully evolved Grass starter because it fits.
People make those patterns and predictions to help the rest think that small & calculated. Thinking of who could possibly fill in those 2 or 1 if not no slot(s) at all, with 30 let alone 16 remaining starters as do-able fighting pkmn characters, is much harder than just saying "SCEPTILE IN SM4SH:shades:"

Sorry but thank you for reading this extremely long post...Just wanted to shed some light.

Last edited:

Sonic Poke

Smash Lord
I'm going to start to read the entire text later because now I'm lazy, but one ting I noticed in the time line you posted, the maximum of years without a pokémon game is one, it makes me think about how organized is the franchise. Undoubtelly ORAS was in paper during XY development.

Masonomace

NNID
Masonomace
@ Sonic Poke Sonic Poke That's what I was thinking of during any time-gap between Ruby&Sapphire in 2002 & OR&AS this November 2014. Any time gaps was Game Freak working on the remakes in between for their according generation of the games being made:
Example = Gold&Siilver in 1999 towards HG&SS in 2009, putting ideas on paper during the break time of 2005 between FR&LG 2004 and Diamond&Pearl 2006. Same exactly applies to R&S to OR&AS which was probably an idea after HG&SS was released put on paper around 2011 with X&Y between B&W and B2&W2's time gap.

@ pupNapoleon pupNapoleon My reply to Sonic Poke about the plans to OR&AS being earlier than we thought expected almost ties in with your post about Sakurai already knowing about OR&AS thus making any Hoenn starter relevant. Sakurai not wanting to cut PT but then having do so for removing transformations, that just leads nowhere else leaving his 3 playable trifecta type Pkmn to remain, hence why your post of Sakurai being so gung-ho for Greninja would justify for the missing Trifecta element Grass. The timing, the relevance, & any popularity Sceptile gains / earns after Sm4sh's release would skyrocket so high Blaziken would have a run for his/her money for 'Hoenn's favorite' maybe losing that title, without even considering their MEvo's...& we all know who's MEvo is more popular between Sceptile & Blaziken...right guys?

Edit: @ Sonic Poke Sonic Poke I nominate you to call forth the entire Sceptile support group & bring them here for that ridiculously long post that I'm sure would attract dozens of page worth for one discussion.:shades:

Last edited:

pupNapoleon

Smash Hero
NNID
NapoleonPlays
3DS FC
5129-1683-5306
Switch FC
SW 3124 9647 8311
I think the ultimate thing that would kill Blaziken's shot is that it would be more predictable to any unresearched eye, and Sceptile is clearly the better bet if you sit down for a minute.
Just like all the other choices we have seen were pretty good choices if we sit down to consider for a minute.

I'm just still hoping that we get the choices we don't need to fully consider (K.Rool, Mewtwo, Isaac, Ridley, etc).

Jmacz

Smash Journeyman
NNID
aWildJmacz
As long as Sceptile get's in the game I'm happy, if I have to wait for DLC so be it. But something tells me if there is going to be a Pokemon DLC, Mewtwo is going to be the main attraction because he will sell more than Sceptile, and if Sceptile is in the game over Mewtwo it isn't going to affect the game sales. Seems like a win win for Nintendo.

TCT~Phantom

Smash Master
Writing Team
NNID
TCT~Phantom
Can we all agree Sceptile would most likely be unlockable?

Sonic Poke

Smash Lord
Me, myself & I:troll:.

But yeah I spent way too much typing on that big wall of text . ^ ^ ^

I feel dead inside a bit.
Sorry guy, now and almost every time I have no time to do it, maybe later today, but if you want to call the supporters, there's a list in front page. Feel free.

Reality_Ciak

Smash Ace
I remember see'ing related / similar pictures but this just reminds me we all should just agree SSB4's Pkmn slots will reach to 7 just for jigglypuff's sake:shades:. I mena look at that team. Solid
If there is character DLC and they want to keep it to 6 intial slots, jigglypuff as like, day one DLC that you need to unlock all other characters to unlock the DLC would be acceptable to me. Haters will be like "yay she's cut" and supporters would be like "yay she is back, just super secret" kind of Idk I like that idea. Just spit balling. I just need Sceptile. The stars are far too aligned to not put him in, right? Right??

Masonomace

NNID
Masonomace
If there is character DLC and they want to keep it to 6 intial slots, jigglypuff as like, day one DLC that you need to unlock all other characters to unlock the DLC would be acceptable to me. Haters will be like "yay she's cut" and supporters would be like "yay she is back, just super secret" kind of Idk I like that idea. Just spit balling. I just need Sceptile. The stars are far too aligned to not put him in, right? Right??
Right:ivysaur:
Sorry in advance but thank you in the same advance for everyone coming to this huge summon post!

Now to my field I activate my spell card "Multiply!" which lets me summon all of Sceptile's supporting monsters! Go! @ Groose Groose @StaffofSmashing @*The Sensus Crustulum* @Rebellious Treecko @FalKoopa @Smash Daddy @SpiderJerusalem @Fortanono @M&Mavocado @Banjodorf @UnicornDemon @ScatmansWorld25 @deebeethedeity @Cpt. @Koopaul @Kevandre @Lordling @Cheezey Bites @Glaciacott @aliensalmon @ImaClubYou @ Reality_Ciak Reality_Ciak @The Salamander Within @Wariofan1 @8-bit Man @egaddmario @Diddy Kong @IronFish @Creo @Pacack @Second Power @Overtaken @WaddleKing @SorrowOfAcheron @Lightosia @MaskO'Gears @Epic Neal Time @Bravetriforcer @Maxilian @MorbidAltruism @ Kalimdori Kalimdori @SketchFox7 @andimidna @ pupNapoleon pupNapoleon @Aenglaan @Ben Holt @JFM2796 @a Link to the Forums @ Masonomace Masonomace @ Jmacz Jmacz @ Snagrio Snagrio & @ TCT~Phantom TCT~Phantom

Also @ Sonic Poke Sonic Poke , Grosse should spell as Groose on the supporters list. Cobalsh asked to be on the support list back on the first page so @Cobalsh get on in here & re-rep yourself! @S2rulL technically said he wanted to be on the support list? Get on in here!

All of these users would like to be on the support list as well:
@papagenos @dezeray112 @DeOnde @Staarih @Freduardo @Spinosaurus @skaaaa @Zhadgon @HeroG @Thunderfang747 @Karafuru @PokéMurio @thethirdkoopa @Plain Yogurt @SchAlternate @SunnyDust @RIDLEY is too SMALL @Smashoperatingbuddy123 @Lizardon @pizzadudemanguy @SethTheMage @Cap'nChreest @ErenJager @WaddleKing @SmashBro99 @AncientTobacco @ Sarki Soliloquy Sarki Soliloquy @GamerGuy09 @CrazyChaos @Mega Hawlucha @Ultinarok @Pega-pony Princess @JUCE001 @Phaazoid @mygamecube @Reginleif @Bowserlick @Dalek_Kolt @

Users that may need to post to confirm for support: (I skimmed posts because 20+ pages so apologies for not reading thoroughly)
@Aguki90 ? @Speculator ? @Burigu ? @TheLegendOfVenusaur ? @Makaronileo ? @D3monicWolv3s ? @NekuShikazu ? @Neo Zero ? @CheeseBroJoe ? @ Oracle_Summon Oracle_Summon ? @ ミスティック Speed ミスティック Speed ?

If anyone I posted / summoned here has something to discuss about that long post I made that, that was inspired by the Sceptile Support Thread itself & from all the supporters. Also giving a shoutout to Overtaken's past post about the game dates GF has down, thank you!

Last edited:

Groose

Smash Champion
Right:ivysaur:
Sorry in advance but thank you in the same advance for everyone coming to this huge summon post!

Now to my field I activate my spell card "Multiply!" which lets me summon all of Sceptile's supporting monsters! Go! @ Groose Groose @StaffofSmashing @*The Sensus Crustulum* @Rebellious Treecko @FalKoopa @Smash Daddy @SpiderJerusalem @Fortanono @M&Mavocado @Banjodorf @UnicornDemon @ScatmansWorld25 @deebeethedeity @Cpt. @Koopaul @Kevandre @Lordling @Cheezey Bites @Glaciacott @aliensalmon @ImaClubYou @ Reality_Ciak Reality_Ciak @The Salamander Within @Wariofan1 @8-bit Man @egaddmario @Diddy Kong @IronFish @Creo @Pacack @Second Power @Overtaken @WaddleKing @SorrowOfAcheron @Lightosia @MaskO'Gears @Epic Neal Time @Bravetriforcer @Maxilian @MorbidAltruism @ Kalimdori Kalimdori @SketchFox7 @andimidna @ pupNapoleon pupNapoleon @Aenglaan @Ben Holt @JFM2796 @a Link to the Forums @ Masonomace Masonomace @ Jmacz Jmacz @ Snagrio Snagrio & @ TCT~Phantom TCT~Phantom

Also @ Sonic Poke Sonic Poke , Grosse should spell as Groose on the supporters list. Cobalsh asked to be on the support list back on the first page so @Cobalsh get on in here & re-rep yourself! @S2rulL technically said he wanted to be on the support list? Get on in here!

All of these users would like to be on the support list as well:
@papagenos @dezeray112 @DeOnde @Staarih @Freduardo @Spinosaurus @skaaaa @Zhadgon @HeroG @Thunderfang747 @Karafuru @PokéMurio @thethirdkoopa @Plain Yogurt @SchAlternate @SunnyDust @RIDLEY is too SMALL @Smashoperatingbuddy123 @Lizardon @pizzadudemanguy @SethTheMage @Cap'nChreest @ErenJager @WaddleKing @SmashBro99 @AncientTobacco @ Sarki Soliloquy Sarki Soliloquy @GamerGuy09 @CrazyChaos @Mega Hawlucha @Ultinarok @Pega-pony Princess @JUCE001 @Phaazoid @mygamecube @Reginleif @Bowserlick @Dalek_Kolt @

Users that may need to post to confirm for support: (I skimmed posts because 20+ pages so apologies for not reading thoroughly)
@Aguki90 ? @Speculator ? @Burigu ? @TheLegendOfVenusaur ? @Makaronileo ? @D3monicWolv3s ? @NekuShikazu ? @Neo Zero ? @CheeseBroJoe ? @ Oracle_Summon Oracle_Summon ? @ ミスティック Speed ミスティック Speed ?

If anyone I posted / summoned here has something to discuss about that long post I made that, that was inspired by the Sceptile Support Thread itself & from all the supporters. Also giving a shoutout to Overtaken's past post about the game dates GF has down, thank you!
I had forgotten I was the first to pledge my support! I still love the idea of Sceptile in Smash. You guys have no idea how many times I've played through Sapphire. I used to reset the game and run through it two or three times per summer for three or four years, and I usually replay it now at least once a year. Sceptile is almost always my starter. He'd definitely be in consideration for my Smash main.

Pokechu

chugga chugga
NNID
Pokechu
3DS FC
5000-1894-6879
Switch FC
SW-7547-3301-4325
I would support Sceptile, but I don't think he'll be in. I think this, because in my opinion, adding Squirts and Ivy would be a higher priority. I remember in one interview, Sakurai said that he'd try to bring as much veterans as he can, meaning that Squirts and Ivy still are in play. However, it seems a bit TOO farfetch'd to get TWO newcomers, AND a returnee. Plus, I think that most fans would rather have Squirts and Ivy than Sceptile.
Also, if Squirts & Ivy aren't in the main roster, then they'll probably be DLC. However, THREE DLC characters just for one franchise would be a lot in my opinion.

Don't get me wrong, I'd actually play Sceptile here and there, but I don't think he'll get in :c.

Last edited:

LonelyJaguar

Smash Cadet
I'd probably cry if Sceptile was in the game. Treecko's family has been & always will be my favorite set of starters from any gen. I want Mewtwo back before Sceptile, but I'd really really love if he was included.

Masonomace

NNID
Masonomace
I would support Sceptile, but I don't think he'll be in. I think this, because in my opinion, adding Squirts and Ivy would be a higher priority. I remember in one interview, Sakurai said that he'd try to bring as much veterans as he can, meaning that Squirts and Ivy still are in play. However, it seems a bit TOO farfetch'd to get TWO newcomers, AND a returnee. Plus, I think that most fans would rather have Squirts and Ivy than Sceptile.
Also, if Squirts & Ivy aren't in the main roster, then they'll probably be DLC. However, THREE DLC characters just for one franchise would be a lot in my opinion.

Don't get me wrong, I'd actually play Sceptile here and there, but I don't think he'll get in :c.
I dig this, & because I may have missed a few users who support Sceptile, double checking with ya on supporting him?

Edit: @ Sonic Poke Sonic Poke I'm not number 1 Embarrass. . . @ Groose Groose is number 1! Also Groose I did too, atm playing Emerald again thinking about the ORAS remakes playing through hatching a strong Treecko with amazing IVs.
@ LonelyJaguar LonelyJaguar you want to be on the list too I take it?:shades:

Last edited:

TCT~Phantom

Smash Master
Writing Team
NNID
TCT~Phantom
If everyone in this thread does not start with Treeko, I will be the saddest little monkey this side of the Mississippi.

Pokechu

chugga chugga
NNID
Pokechu
3DS FC
5000-1894-6879
Switch FC
SW-7547-3301-4325
I dig this, & because I may have missed a few users who support Sceptile, double checking with ya on supporting him?

Edit: @ Sonic Poke Sonic Poke I'm not number 1 Embarrass. . . @ Groose Groose is number 1! Also Groose I did too, atm playing Emerald again thinking about the ORAS remakes playing through hatching a strong Treecko with amazing IVs.
@ LonelyJaguar LonelyJaguar you want to be on the list too I take it?:shades:
Yeah, I'll support him. He actually seems pretty unique, like how Greninja was.

Sarki Soliloquy

Smash Champion
Wow, didn't notice my summoning here. But wow! Loving your effort & enthusiasm, @Masonmace. XD

Good time to rally support with the new fighter on the way. Dunno if a Pokémon reveal after Greninja would be redundant though. I also want to get Gematsu out of the way ASAP.

Masonomace

NNID
Masonomace
If everyone in this thread does not start with Treeko, I will be the saddest little monkey this side of the Mississippi.
You have my word as a green loving individual who adores reptilian pkmn (reasons why it was HARD to choose Gen.1 starter & Gen.2 but Typhlosion made that a bit easier, Gen.3 Treecko is obvious insta-choice for me<3). You needn't worry for that.
I AWAYS start with grass. I love grass monsters.
Gen. 1 I alternated cus my past reply involving reptilian pkmn, but green wins it. I however chose Totodile 100% of the time<3 Treecko was also 100% =D.
Yeah, I'll support him. He actually seems pretty unique, like how Greninja was.
@ Sonic Poke Sonic Poke get Pokechu on the support list of hotness!:shades:
Wow, didn't notice my summoning here. But wow! Loving your effort & enthusiasm, @Masonmace. XD

Good time to rally support with the new fighter on the way. Dunno if a Pokémon reveal after Greninja would be redundant though. I also want to get Gematsu out of the way ASAP.
You bet your sweet avatar's face it is! A pkmn reveal this monday will seem redundant unless it's multiple pkmn! Most will get hyped from hearing "multiple pkmn" because Mewtwo / Jigglypuff, but Sceptile is a slim thought. Most likely if it was pkmn reveal it's the more heavily requested ones but if Sceptile gets that huge announcement feel free to scream your hype.

Also from noticing a pattern from skimming my Prima Pkmn Emerald strategy guide looking at the egg groups, Treecko's entire line was found not only in the monster but also the dragon egg group. With the exception of Gyarados' Water/Flying becoming Mega Gyarados' Water/Dark. . .Feebas/Milotic, Seviper, & Treecko/Grovyle/Sceptile are all in there. This COULD mean excluding Gyarados, Seviper & Milotic could have a secondary Dragon type when they Mega Evolve? Only Sceptile's Mega Evo proves this but I'm gonna dream it.

Sarki Soliloquy

Smash Champion
The trailer isn't 3 minutes long for nothing.

If we are to get Sceptile, I see Jigglypuff and possibly Mewtwo coming along for the ride. Honestly, I would be fine with just Jigglypuff and Sceptile. 7 Pokémon being overkill might be a problem here.

But still, imagine the hype. No one gets hurt!

Top Bottom