• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Forest Master Rises! Sceptile for Smash Bros! Over 100 supporters!!!

Reila

the true enemy of humanity is anime
I would rather get some non-starter Pokémon as another rep (like Mawile), BUT to be honest, I think Pokémon has plenty of enough reps with Pikachu, Charizard, Lucario, Greninja and Jigglypuff. If Mewtwo is back, then it will already be TOO MANY reps, unless Purin is cut. Seven reps would be overkill even for Nintendo's second most milked franchise. If Mewtwo isn't back and Purin isn't cut, then Sceptile would be more acceptable... As far as Grass-type starters are concerned, Chesnaught would be better though, but I know it has zero chances because of Greninja.

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
Is it weird that I find Sceptile MUCH MUCH more likely now that Gematsu has been debunked? I'm honestly
Expecting him now.
Thats easy because a 50+ roster is almost 100% locked so plenty of room.

But seriously thought i think its going to be :4pikachu::4charizard::4greninja::4lucario::jigglypuff::mewtwopm: Though even though everysingle character got a aatvantage.

(Ps to explain why 50+ is almost locked add every character from brawl excluding snake ivysaur and squirtle and add mewtwo thats 48 characters.)

Xenorange

Smash Lord
I would rather get some non-starter Pokémon as another rep (like Mawile), BUT to be honest, I think Pokémon has plenty of enough reps with Pikachu, Charizard, Lucario, Greninja and Jigglypuff. If Mewtwo is back, then it will already be TOO MANY reps, unless Purin is cut. Seven reps would be overkill even for Nintendo's second most milked franchise. If Mewtwo isn't back and Purin isn't cut, then Sceptile would be more acceptable... As far as Grass-type starters are concerned, Chesnaught would be better though, but I know it has zero chances because of Greninja.
Same could be said about fire emblem at this point, plus Pokemon is a MASSIVE franchise with literally hundreds of characters. It honestly makes since for it to have the most reps. Plus jiggly hasn't been confirmed yet bruh. Her irrelevancy + her last minute inclusion into Brawl might not bode well for her.

Sceptile's relevant due to OR and AS, plus new mega and he completes the starter trio. It ALL makes since.

Last edited:

Xenorange

Smash Lord
Tell me moar.
Her lameness also contributes to her possible non playability. It definitely contributed to her rarely being picked in Brawl. That and her moveset was rather dull. If any of the original 12 were to be cut, it would be her.

Last edited:

Reila

the true enemy of humanity is anime
Her lameness also contributes to her possible non playability. It definitely contributed to her rarely being picked in Brawl. That and her moveset was all around un appealing. If any of the original 12 were to be cut. It would be her.
You said it was a last minute addition to Brawl. Tell me more about that, because this is the first time I red this statement.

Last edited:

Cheezey Bites

Slime Knight
NNID
koske1
3DS FC
4356-0097-9129
Nintendo's second most milked franchise.
I disagree, I believe it's the most milked; after all Mario doesn't have a long running anime, movies, specials, several manga, trading card game, distribution events, tournaments, anywhere near as many plushes, keychains, crane games, arcade machines etc. etc.

I think Mario puts up a damn good fight, as does the Wii franchise thanks to the Fit Meters and the balance board, but I would hazard that Pokémon takes it.

Last edited:

Xenorange

Smash Lord
You said it was a last minute addition to Brawl. Tell me more about that, because this is the first time I red this statement.
I don't have proof, it's just what I've heard from multiple people. The clues are there, she was absent from the main story of Subspace and the fact that she is apparently easy to program Into the game. The claim makes a lot of sense.

Last edited:

Jmacz

Smash Journeyman
NNID
aWildJmacz
Ewww Chesnaught no way, I'm a grass type nerd and I hate Chesnaught. Probably my least favorite starter ever, because Chespin is so cool looking, they just screwed it all up with the abomination that is Chesnaught.

smashingDoug

Smash Lord
Thats easy because a 50+ roster is almost 100% locked so plenty of room.

But seriously thought i think its going to be :4pikachu::4charizard::4greninja::4lucario::jigglypuff::mewtwopm: Though even though everysingle character got a aatvantage.

(Ps to explain why 50+ is almost locked add every character from brawl excluding snake ivysaur and squirtle and add mewtwo thats 48 characters.)
not going to lie i would be angry and disappointed in that especially with the last two im not going to hate thread but we don't need them anymore we got over 600 to pick from why stay in gen 1 and why have 3 pokemon with a changing ball attack going on

Masonomace

Yeah Shulk, get stuck in!
NNID
Masonomace
I was just explaining this to the Mewtwo Thread, but Falcon definitely got in for loads of reasons but I think a top reason was his larger than life popularity in Smash Bros. that he was guaranteed, I mean, he's the most badass character:4falcon:.

I say Mewtwo & Jiggs have good chances but as my point of view, Jiggs. . .she just only has Fairy type & O12 going for her. I feel bad for Ness but maybe he's like Falcon, no recent games, but is maybe popular?I don't think so on that.

So far, the O12 has always been in every Smash Bros. game until now. People post their opinions & facts that they will never be cut & I can agree but I can't 100% fully agree. Patterns not meaning anything to Sakurai posted by many, Jiggs could be cut from reasons others have posted about, including the sources for the reference. I wouldn't be surprised from either situation for Jiggs being either a Pokeball or playable character. Why Sakurai hasn't fully declared her as a fighter is beyond me, with that in mind Sceptile is just waiting. . .or any other potential Pkmn fighter for that matter.

TCT~Phantom

Smash Master
Writing Team
NNID
TCT~Phantom
Here's hoping we get Sceptile either in a trailer or post release.

By the way guys, we should take a page out of the king k rool thread and prepare for a DLC idea, thoughts?

TCT~Phantom

Smash Master
Writing Team
NNID
TCT~Phantom
I'm kind of muddled, care to define? I've never been to the King K. Rool Thread(s).:c
The K Rool thread has placed a back up plan in motion of a K Rool for Smash plan, mainly to show he can be DLC. This includes social messaging, websites beyond smashboards, and whatnot...

HeroG

Smash Apprentice
Ok one thing that worries me is Blaziken could be an easy clone of Captian Falcon it just fits. (btw im a hoenn baby and i liek mudkips) We have had 3 clones in a game 2 times. Mario Luigi Dr. Mario in melee/ Star animals in brawl. (despite luigi/wolf not being true clones) What does this say for sceptile with Lucina now in. I could see Sceptile being a psuedo clone to megaman if he gets bullet seed as a jab and leaf shied type thing but that is a real stretch. Just blabbering hear I still think the Grass gecko has a chance.

Jmacz

Smash Journeyman
NNID
aWildJmacz
I have no clue how the DLC is going to work, are they going to be selling them as individuals or in packs? If they do it in packs that makes Sceptile almost a guarantee, as they would probably do some sort of "Pokemon Pack".

I'm just going to assume for this that Jigglypuff makes the final cut, and Sceptile and Mewtwo don't as she has been in the past games. Anways...

Characters:

Mewtwo
Sceptile
Squirtle
Ivysaur

Alternate Costume:

Pichu and Riachu costume for Pikachu, really couldn't think of anything else.

Stage:

Could be a number of Pokemon related stages

gitryan

Smash Rookie
Death to the Puff, I have never liked that character. Anyways, do you guys think that Sceptile would be a hidden newcomer or one revealed before release?
For the simple fact of marketing (with OR/AS), I would assume they'd have a flashy trailer to show him off. There are a LOT of new younger people who are very into Pokemon at the moment, so I think there's a whole new audience for them to try and absorb into Smash

WertQuadNine

Smash Journeyman
Support all the freaken way.

My moveset:
(I play with wii remote, call me noob but I play better w/ it)
1: bullet seed (hold down for rapid)
1 forward: quick attack
1 down: starts charging bulbs on his back, after they're shining yellow you can hit 1 down
again
and use solorbeam
1 up: x-scissor upwards, if on ground you don't jump

And all the 2 use a combination of leaf blade, slam, slash, and night slash

Last edited:

Masonomace

NNID
Masonomace
Support all the freaken way.

My moveset:
(I play with wii remote, call me noob but I play better w/ it)
1: bullet seed (hold down for rapid)
1 forward: quick attack
1 down: starts charging bulbs on his back, after they're shining yellow you can hit 1 down
again
and use solorbeam
1 up: x-scissor upwards, if on ground you don't jump

And all the 2 use a combination of leaf blade, slam, slash, and night slash
Was working on a glorious message but how can I not reply this?
First of all let's give @ WertQuadNine WertQuadNine a big welcome to SmashBoards & welcome to the Forest Master thread!:shades: I'll ask Sonic Poke to get you on the supporters list as soon as he can! If you need to get his attention or anyone for that matter just type an @ symbol & type the poster's username to tag them.

Edit: Thanks for Joining~

Also if you find yourself wanting to post multiple times, just edit your original post so that you don't get a warning from a Moderator:shades:.

@ TCT~Phantom TCT~Phantom Okay then I got chu, I'll make some idea, speaking of:
I have no clue how the DLC is going to work, are they going to be selling them as individuals or in packs? If they do it in packs that makes Sceptile almost a guarantee, as they would probably do some sort of "Pokemon Pack".

I'm just going to assume for this that Jigglypuff makes the final cut, and Sceptile and Mewtwo don't as she has been in the past games. Anways...

Characters:

Mewtwo
Sceptile
Squirtle
Ivysaur

Alternate Costume:

Pichu and Riachu costume for Pikachu, really couldn't think of anything else.

Stage:

Could be a number of Pokemon related stages
In this case thanks to Jmacz for a starting example, I'll bring up my own DLC name idea I came up with lemme know what you guys think. . .as you listen to this while you read:

DLC Name Idea that I've posted multiple times but never gets old = :cool:So you wanna be a Master?! Of Pokemon!
Do you have the skills to use, all of these
I wanna choose, the ultimate stages
Saffron City & Pokefloats
Decide it all, and not forget
The training that I've done
I wanna play, like no one does
Past casualll play, yeah
Know my steps, to own the match
Use the Pokemon for the win
(Oh Hey!)
I won't type, anymore for this SmaaashBoards post
So let's all be, the greatest masters of them allll, greatest masters!:cool:

Breaking these lyrics down to a normal post, I want these & more to be in individual sells or in pack(s):

DLC Characters I want included:
  • Blaziken
  • Ivysaur
  • Mewtwo
  • Pichu
  • Plusle & Minum
  • Sceptile only for this DLC idea
  • Scizor
  • Squirtle
  • Extra Pkmn fighters not listed here

Stages I want included in the DLC pack if we get stages in DLC at all:
  • Pokefloats
  • Saffron City
  • A OR/AS stage featuring Groudon & Kyogre & maybe Rayquaza with weather effects A.K.A. Sootopolis City!
  • Extra Pkmn stages not listed here.

Last edited:

Reality_Ciak

Smash Ace
Sceptile and Mewtwo for on disc, Jiggs and anyone else mentioned for DLC as DLC. Sceptile / Mewtwo reveal trailer. I'd like to see a pokemon battle between Mario and Luigi, Mario uses Greninja and Charizard and Luigi uses Pikachu and Sceptile for a quick reveal, and then the battle begins, team doubles, and the battle is interrupted pokemon the first movie style as Mewtwo is stealing pokemon for his clone army, him and Lucario fight, Mewtwo cuts through an aura sphere with a projectile psycho cut, and gameplay begins.

TheSkuxxedOne

Smash Cadet
I reckon Sceptile could play as a technical, mid-weight fighter capable of comboing into both physical and special attacks.
Mid-weight, in that, if Charizard returns as a heavy and Greninja being the obvious fast character, Sceptile can remain in-between.
And technical in that, he could have minor healing properties with things like his grab pummel with moves such as Giga Drain.

I made a video about it too, for anyone that's interested...

Reality_Ciak

Smash Ace
I reckon Sceptile could play as a technical, mid-weight fighter capable of comboing into both physical and special attacks.
Mid-weight, in that, if Charizard returns as a heavy and Greninja being the obvious fast character, Sceptile can remain in-between.
And technical in that, he could have minor healing properties with things like his grab pummel with moves such as Giga Drain.

I made a video about it too, for anyone that's interested...
Nice video! Pretty similar to what I had in mind.

Cheezey Bites

Slime Knight
NNID
koske1
3DS FC
4356-0097-9129
A forest clearing in the pokémon anime style (or maybe origins?) to a familiar tune. Surveying the scene there are four resting figures, we scan across the field and cut in close ups.

Pikachu is snoring peacefully.

Charizard is blowing a snot bubble.

Lucario is nodding away resting against a tree.

Greninja naps on his hands.

We come to a round pink figure as the music stops, who puffs up and turns around.

Jigglypuff
Tunes In!

Then she looks up as there's some rustling in the bushes, the other pokémon wake up as a green blur passes by. The green blur jumps into a tree and turns back.

Sceptile
Grows Impatient!
(or insert better pun her)

Gameplay footage of Sceptile's moveset as he slashes away with his blades and such, beating up the other pokémon and maybe some other characters. Maybe even a little Jigglypuff gameplay for any new moves she may have picked up, or perhaps rest healing her as a custom move (I wish it was standard, but hey).

Finally with all the game play out the way, we return to anime style with Sceptile landing on the Elite Four stage striking a pose with the full team of 6. The Music cuts, and just as you expect the trailer to end the camera pulls back to show a shadowy floating creature in front of them, he turns to the camera.

Mewtwo
Strikes Back!

Brother AJ

Smash Lord
NNID
Brother_AJ
I definitely consider myself a supporter of Sceptile, but I honestly can't say I ever would of thought of him if Greninja hadn't of shown up out of no where (although I have warmed up to him)... Now it just irritates me that there isn't a grass type to complete the current duo of Charizard and Greninja. While looking at the rest of the grass starters, there was really no one else that seemed to fit as well as Sceptile in my mind. He just screams "cool" to me, and I really think his signature "leaf blades" would transition well into smash... :)

Here's hoping they play this tune during his reveal:

I probably will have to let out a squeal.

Last edited by a moderator:

Sarki Soliloquy

Smash Champion
As a Robin supporter, I can understand where a lot of Sceptile fans come from.

You have a split between two extremes of blue-haired swordsmen. FE is an overpopulated franchise with a lot of splits in character preference. Robin spices that up by bringing his tomes and Levin Sword.

You have the Fire and Water final evolutions. Pokémon has a lot of internal competition. Pokémon Trainer had all 3 of the starter types trio down fairly. Grass type considered underutilized. Let's bring in Sceptile and take the best out of its movepool, including Mega Sceptile.

Just seeing Robin get confirmed and all the evidence backing Sceptile up give me faith that its gonna make it!

Masonomace

NNID
Masonomace
Nice @Bro AJ I especially dig that Hoenn Elite Four theme music:shades:.
@ Sonic Poke Sonic Poke We need Bro AJ on the list:shades:.

Edit: I feel for that @ Sarki Soliloquy Sarki Soliloquy I was talking with some bros yesterday about the reveal & ties with all the news going on with Sm4sh. Characters taking up slots not really meaning much to Sakurai just means Pokemon being a huge franchise to Nintendo leads to the belief that maybe, just maybe 8 Pkmn reps doesn't sound so ridiculous now.

Last edited:

Jmacz

Smash Journeyman
NNID
aWildJmacz
If Sceptile is in I'm going to want to start to play competitively, but Halo MCC comes out at pretty much the same time and I actually used to play Halo at tournaments. I'm not going to know what to do with myself.

I saw a leak that they are announcing the entire roster soon, does anyone remember the date because I don't. Curios as to how close it is to the ORAS release.

Sonic Poke

Smash Lord
Nice @Bro AJ I especially dig that Hoenn Elite Four theme music:shades:.
@ Sonic Poke Sonic Poke We need Bro AJ on the list:shades:.

Edit: I feel for that @ Sarki Soliloquy Sarki Soliloquy I was talking with some bros yesterday about the reveal & ties with all the news going on with Sm4sh. Characters taking up slots not really meaning much to Sakurai just means Pokemon being a huge franchise to Nintendo leads to the belief that maybe, just maybe 8 Pkmn reps doesn't sound so ridiculous now.
Sorry guy, you tagged me so many times and I had no time to pay attention... :'(
I'm using the Wii U now to use the internet. Copy and plaste is boring with the gamepad. Can you give the entire list of the supporters I missed?

EDIT: Forget, I got it in previous page! XD
EDIT: Done :)

Last edited:

Masonomace

NNID
Masonomace
Sorry guy, you tagged me so many times and I had no time to pay attention... :'(
I'm using the Wii U now to use the internet. Copy and plaste is boring with the gamepad. Can you give the entire list of the supporters I missed?

EDIT: Forget, I got it in previous page! XD
EDIT: Done :)
Right on, there is a list of in-betweeners that posted here that didn't actually say they wanted to be on the list but they complimented or debeted about Sceptile before, so Idk if they should be on the list or not.:ohwell:

LeeYawshee

Smash Ace
3DS FC
2621-3044-6895
Brawl had 6 but it was originally supposed to have 8. It is also by far Nintendo's most selling (not kidding, check out those freaking sales on X and Y) series and there are so many pokemon. 8 is actually under representation of the series in general because there is no real "main Pokemon".

Also, Sceptile is generally the most popular grass starter second only to Venasaur (who is praised highly due to competitive play). And the third and fifth generation of Pokemon are the only two that have yet to be represented with a playable character.

I do however agree that a non-starter Pokemon would be nice, but I would really prefer it if they were a grass type just because it is one of the three main typings in Pokemon.

Last edited:

Masonomace

NNID
Masonomace
Brawl had 6 but it was originally supposed to have 8. It is also by far Nintendo's most selling (not kidding, check out those freaking sales on X and Y) series and there are so many pokemon. 8 is actually under representation of the series in general because there is no real "main Pokemon".

Also, Sceptile is generally the most popular grass starter second only to Venasaur (who is praised highly due to competitive play). And the third and fifth generation of Pokemon are the only two that have yet to be represented with a playable character.

I do however agree that a non-starter Pokemon would be nice, but I would really prefer it if they were a grass type just because it is one of the three main typings in Pokemon.
8 in Brawl? Damn sounds :083: at first, but I could see that a bit considering Pokemon is HUGE. Mario is the most largest video game franchise merchandising other media products, & can make as many games they want, but that's the most Mario has going for Nintendo, being a video game milking franchise. Pokemon on the other hand is the 2nd largest video game franchise while also merchandising a bigger crowd for manga, anime, toys etc..

Indeed true points about Sceptile that just make it the more realized choice for all the statements, & I don't mean to pounce on this just because Sceptile finally has a Mega Evolution, but he's become more popular now being even with Blaziken. Serperior but Sceptile would be more ideal atm.

Edit: I feel like the Supporter's list minion but @ Zhadgon Zhadgon your post felt like you wanted to support Sceptile to the max?:shades:

Last edited:

Cheezey Bites

Slime Knight
NNID
koske1
3DS FC
4356-0097-9129
I think pokemon must have more becouse, well, how many possible actual fighters the franchise have? 700+
No other franchise can do that.
I dunno... there are a hell of a lot of Fire Emblem characters across all the games! And I think most evolutionary lines could only really have one playable character, but I guess when you add in trainers, rangers etc it's still a bloody huge number of options.

Sonic Poke

Smash Lord
I dunno... there are a hell of a lot of Fire Emblem characters across all the games! And I think most evolutionary lines could only really have one playable character, but I guess when you add in trainers, rangers etc it's still a bloody huge number of options.
Yes, we got 4 Fire Emblem characters so far.
Much more than what people expected.
To me Fire Emblem also deserves this.

Reality_Ciak

Smash Ace
I think Fire Emblem getting more reps that expected (rightfully so) gives me hope for DK, Metroid, Pokemon, Zelda, even Kirby and another Mario spin off getting more reps. K Rool, Sceptile, Mewtwo, and Ganon/Vaati please and thank you. I have a feeling they went all out with this roster once they got Namco on board. I used to expect 44 now I'm hoping for like 54. Over 50. Sceptile and Robin were my two most wanted.

Zhadgon

Smash Lord
NNID
Zhadgon
8 in Brawl? Damn sounds :083: at first, but I could see that a bit considering Pokemon is HUGE. Mario is the most largest video game franchise merchandising other media products, & can make as many games they want, but that's the most Mario has going for Nintendo, being a video game milking franchise. Pokemon on the other hand is the 2nd largest video game franchise while also merchandising a bigger crowd for manga, anime, toys etc..

Indeed true points about Sceptile that just make it the more realized choice for all the statements, & I don't mean to pounce on this just because Sceptile finally has a Mega Evolution, but he's become more popular now being even with Blaziken. Serperior but Sceptile would be more ideal atm.

Edit: I feel like the Supporter's list minion but @ Zhadgon Zhadgon your post felt like you wanted to support Sceptile to the max?:shades:
Of course I support Sceptile is one of my favorite starters and the most interesting plant pokemon with great moveset potential.

.n_n.

Brother AJ

Smash Lord
NNID
Brother_AJ
How likely is it that Sakurai knew about the Gen 3 remakes as he was deciding the roster? Would everyone agree that's our best chance?

Top Bottom