• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Falcon Social

Zeallyx

Fox mains get all the girlz
Is my new sig showing for you guys?
One's sig only appears under one's post when one has a/over a specific amount of characters in ones post. (or at least, that is what I've been told.).

Skip2MaLoo

Smash Lord
testing to see if my sig will show up by writing a lot of text in this little box so that others will enjoy what is said in the contents of my signature, considering the fact that I only quote things that are humorous to me in hopes people will read it and get a good laugh. blah blah blah baby miles per gallon

Zeallyx

testing to see if my sig will show up by writing a lot of text in this little box so that others will enjoy what is said in the contents of my signature, considering the fact that I only quote things that are humorous to me in hopes people will read it and get a good laugh. blah blah blah baby miles per gallon
^Not enough characters to let your sig (if any) appear.

In order to make your sig appear, as I will demonstrate here
one has to put alot of characters in the post where you want the sig to be shown.

But now that I think about it, I've seen many posters with short posts+a sig, which makes me conclude that it ahs to do with the settings of ones sig.

10lotsofcharacterstomakemysigappeartoshowittoyouguysandtomethatmaybemytheoryiscorrectandnotincorrectandwillbringknowledgetothosewhonotyetpossessaidknowledgeboyIhopetheseareenoughcharactersasI'mrunningoutoflinesoI'lljusttalkeabouttodaytodayIwenttobuyaclosetwithmymotherIhelpedhercarrythethingtothecarsoshewouldnthurtherbacklikeshewouldwhenshe'ddoitbyherself

Edit:V voila V, le sig. ^_^

Skip2MaLoo

Smash Lord
^Not enough characters to let your sig (if any) appear.

In order to make your sig appear, as I will demonstrate here
one has to put alot of characters in the post where you want the sig to be shown.

But now that I think about it, I've seen many posters with short posts+a sig, which makes me conclude that it ahs to do with the settings of ones sig.

10lotsofcharacterstomakemysigappeartoshowittoyouguysandtomethatmaybemytheoryiscorrectandnotincorrectandwillbringknowledgetothosewhonotyetpossessaidknowledgeboyIhopetheseareenoughcharactersasI'mrunningoutoflinesoI'lljusttalkeabouttodaytodayIwenttobuyaclosetwithmymotherIhelpedhercarrythethingtothecarsoshewouldnthurtherbacklikeshewouldwhenshe'ddoitbyherself

Edit:V voila V, le sig. ^_^
it only showed because you quoted me lol. I wanna see a sig appear w/o quoting or edits.

Wogrim

Smash Lord
My sig shows up in the post preview, but it's really big so I'm not sure if it's a size problem. It's 150 pixels tall (I don't think that's too tall, and it happened to be a really convenient size for the animated gif that it is, since it's a zoomed in look at a captured brawl clip, and if I have to shrink it, it will no longer be 1 pixel in the clip = 1 pixel in the gif).

It may also be too big simply because it's 4 MB big, which the forums might not like, but I don't know what, if any, type of compression is allowed with animated gifs (so I left it uncompressed), which is why it's so big.

Anyways, I figured I'd make some animated gifs of Falcon techs for anyone to use as sigs, to promote awareness of Falcon's manliness.

In case it still doesn't want to show up after that attempt at a longish post (yeah, it's still nothing compared to like an actual long post, but I don't got much to talk about right now), here's the first one: the Forsaken Recovery :)

[edit2]Removed. Hopefully no one got too attached to that one.[/edit2]

Oh and it should be a link to the YouTube Forsaken Recovery video. Oh, and yes, the slow motion is intentional.

[edit]Well it's there, but it's getting chopped off a bit so I guess I'll try to clip it some since I really don't want to shrink it.[/edit]

[edit2]The new one I ended up zooming out so that I could make it smaller so that more can fit in a sig.[/edit2]

Player-3

Smash Hero
My sig shows up in the post preview, but it's really big so I'm not sure if it's a size problem. It's 150 pixels tall (I don't think that's too tall, and it happened to be a really convenient size for the animated gif that it is, since it's a zoomed in look at a captured brawl clip, and if I have to shrink it, it will no longer be 1 pixel in the clip = 1 pixel in the gif).

It may also be too big simply because it's 4 MB big, which the forums might not like, but I don't know what, if any, type of compression is allowed with animated gifs (so I left it uncompressed), which is why it's so big.

Anyways, I figured I'd make some animated gifs of Falcon techs for anyone to use as sigs, to promote awareness of Falcon's manliness.

In case it still doesn't want to show up after that attempt at a longish post (yeah, it's still nothing compared to like an actual long post, but I don't got much to talk about right now), here's the first one: the Forsaken Recovery :)

Oh and it should be a link to the YouTube Forsaken Recovery video. Oh, and yes, the slow motion is intentional.

[edit]Well it's there, but it's getting chopped off a bit so I guess I'll try to clip it some since I really don't want to shrink it.[/edit]

[edit2]The new one I ended up zooming out so that I could make it smaller so that more can fit in a sig.[/edit2]
self esteem combo gif
GOGOGOGO

Zeallyx

A sacred combo junior gif PLEASE!! =D

Kishin

Smash Ace
I think what the Falcon Boards really should work on more are the mind games you could pull. That I think is really the main focal point since that's really all falcon has in the end, speed, and mind games. I think the short hop approaches and styles of play should be abandoned. If you look at some Falcons like Rebaz then you see they use full hops and etc. Falcon can't combo so short hopping approaches and such often put you in a bad situation. There's another really good falcon by stroumbert that uses a variety of mind games and second jump tactics. I'm sure I read a thread about it here somewhere about second hop aerials that is incredibly useful. Maybe this has already been said or maybe this sounds stupid but anyhow, that's my input.

Wogrim

Smash Lord
I'm probably going to make:

Mock Waveland
Salmon Smash
DAir to Knee (if I can pull it off; I usually get landing lag on the DAir when I try)
Ledge Cancelled Falcon Kick -> Knee
At least one of the forced standup -> Falcon Punch combos
At least one of the sliding moves (where you UAir right before hitting the ground)
All the Taunts (each in their own gif)

I'll check our old combo threads and tech threads and whatever before I get to capturing stuff (it will probably be a couple days since I've got school stuff to do) to see if I'm missing anything, but for now that's all I can think of. If there's anything important I'm missing, let me know.

I'm not going to upload something until I'm satisfied with it, so what I make depends on what I manage to get a good clip of (stuff has to happen in a fairly static portion of the screen or else I won't be able to zoom in enough for it to be decently visible in the 150x120 rectangle they're coming out in, and I don't want the UI to be in there at any point).

Zeallyx

Mock Waveland
Salmon Smash
DAir to Knee (if I can pull it off; I usually get landing lag on the DAir when I try)
At least one of the sliding moves (where you UAir right before hitting the ground)

I'll check our old combo threads and tech threads and whatever before I get to capturing stuff (it will probably be a couple days since I've got school stuff to do) to see if I'm missing anything, but for now that's all I can think of. If there's anything important I'm missing, let me know.

I'm not going to upload something until I'm satisfied with it, so what I make depends on what I manage to get a good clip of (stuff has to happen in a fairly static portion of the screen or else I won't be able to zoom in enough for it to be decently visible in the 150x120 rectangle they're coming out in, and I don't want the UI to be in there at any point).
Can I please have the ledge canceled falcon kick-->knee, and the forced standup-->falcon punch (if you use either the Bair or Fair lock =D)

Can you please make those 2 for me? I would really love those in my sig. And you'll receive the credit you deserve offcourse.

talkingbeatles

Smash Ace
Wogrim, man...
you should definitely try and make a grab release>dair>grab release>knee gif, that we have on Wario. It is awfully fun to pull off.

Zeallyx

Mock Waveland
Salmon Smash

Can I please have the ledge canceled falcon kick-->knee, and the forced standup-->falcon punch (if you use either the Bair or Fair lock =D)

Can you please make those 2 for me? I would really love those in my sig. And you'll receive the credit you deserve offcourse.
Wogrim, can you please make a goodness combo gif =D
That would be so awesome imo =D

Wogrim

Smash Lord
Wogrim, man...
you should definitely try and make a grab release>dair>grab release>knee gif, that we have on Wario. It is awfully fun to pull off.
Maybe... It looks pretty nice but I wasn't going to since it's not a true combo.

TKONTK that goodness combo looks pretty tough on the timing; you should send me a replay of it since I don't have much time to play, and have other stuff like Falcon Favor taking up most of it. You might as well send me a replay of all your combo stuff (and the same goes for anyone else who's got a good replay of any of our good true combos or techs).

I'm not making these for individual people though. These are to promote awareness of Falcon's combos and techs, so anyone may use them. For any of the ones that you use in your sig, please leave them as either links to the video or thread about them.

I'm gonna redo the Forsaken Recovery one also to get the "Pseul" tag out of there (it was just a snippet from my full video on it), but if anyone wants to use the current version, just hit "quote" on this post and copy-paste the code for it (I realized you can't see that when it's in the sig):

Zeallyx

Maybe... It looks pretty nice but I wasn't going to since it's not a true combo.

TKONTK that goodness combo looks pretty tough on the timing; you should send me a replay of it since I don't have much time to play, and have other stuff like Falcon Favor taking up most of it. You might as well send me a replay of all your combo stuff (and the same goes for anyone else who's got a good replay of any of our good true combos or techs).

I'm not making these for individual people though. These are to promote awareness of Falcon's combos and techs, so anyone may use them. For any of the ones that you use in your sig, please leave them as either links to the video or thread about them.

I'm gonna redo the Forsaken Recovery one also to get the "Pseul" tag out of there (it was just a snippet from my full video on it), but if anyone wants to use the current version, just hit "quote" on this post and copy-paste the code for it (I realized you can't see that when it's in the sig):

Alright, no problem man.
I'll send you the replays now (the replays of the goodness combo, the ledge cancel'd falcon kick-->knee, and the Fair lock-->falcon punch combo).

I'll redo each replay, to make it easier to find, as I have 3 SD cards, of which 2 full ones (1000 replays each), and two of the replays in question are somewhere on one of those >.<

So I'll redo all three combo's, make three individual replays, and I'll send them asap.
I'll start right away:)

Thanks in advance.

Zeallyx

I'm having trouble with my wii's connection to the internet. :/

I will edit the confirmation that the replays have been send into this post when I've send them.
Sorry for the delay, wogrim

And @ the pic Red-Blue posted:
That is made of win, yet akwardness..

EDIT: The replays have been send to you, wogrim. I hope to see/be able to sig the gifs made out of my replays soon.:)

Thanks again.

Also, my wifi works again, zomg :pimp:

SuSa

Banned via Administration
If anyone can find me the frame-by-frame code I can do Falcon data tomorrow.

Actually, nevermind I found it on my computer.

Guys, remind me + beg me for frame data tomororow, otherwise I'll forget.

Player-3

Smash Hero

free hugs for frame data on sweetspot fair

Wogrim

Smash Lord

I hope you've seen what we already have (mostly hitbox activation and total move duration) and aren't going to waste your time doing those.

Sorry, I tried to get the goodness one done tonight but the titles in my program are being a pain so I have to work around a slight issue, but I'm too tired now (almost 1).

Zeallyx

Sorry, I tried to get the goodness one done tonight but the titles in my program are being a pain so I have to work around a slight issue, but I'm too tired now (almost 1).
It's alright man.:)
Thanks for your efforts, and I hope to see it/be able to sig it as soon as possible tommorrow.(same with the other combo gifs of which I send you a replay:)).

Wogrim

Smash Lord
One down...

If you want any of them done differently, I'll change it after I've got them all (like, for example, if you don't like the fade out in the middle of that one).

Zeallyx

One down...

If you want any of them done differently, I'll change it after I've got them all (like, for example, if you don't like the fade out in the middle of that one).
Thank you soo much man. I really appreciate it.
And I love it man, its awesome the way it is =D

Cant wait for the others =D

Zeallyx

I took the slight creative liberty of calling it the junior sacred combo since it fit well with the start.
Another great job man. Thank you soooo much =D
I'll put it in my sig, next to the other one you made =D

And yeah, the junior sacred combo sounds good, too. :pimp:

Wogrim

Smash Lord

I can't seem to find either the thread or YouTube video for Falcon Kick to Knee so I'll make it a link later. That one was a huge pain because Falcon starts on the left side of the screen and Falcon Kicks across to the right, so I had to use a special filter to scroll it. No more of those.

[edit]I'm probably done for the day because that took a lot of time[/edit]

Zeallyx

I can't seem to find either the thread or YouTube video for Falcon Kick to Knee so I'll make it a link later. That one was a huge pain because Falcon starts on the left side of the screen and Falcon Kicks across to the right, so I had to use a special filter to scroll it. No more of those.

[edit]I'm probably done for the day because that took a lot of time[/edit]
Wow I love this one, too =D - 'You've never seen falcon kick this sweet' = epic line imo.

You should start a buisiness with this, lol, cause your gifs are awesome. =D

Oh, and sorry for the trouble :/ But over 9000 thank you's for making yet another gif for in my sig.

I salute you, wogrim. and :falon: - approves. YESZ!!

Edit: yeah man, there's no hurry:)

Player-3

Smash Hero
Iwan told me hes going to most likely be playing mms and tourny matches on the live stream at tourny play on sat/sunday

ill link you guys when i find the link

SUPPORT OUR BROTHER

SuSa

Frame data.

Will be finished on a later date.

Current projects:

1) Snake move trajectories
2) Snake utilt KO %'s with proper DI (entire cast)
3) C. Falcon frame data

So sit down and hold tight, not that anyways really commented on the data. :p

Player-3

Smash Hero
Frame data.

Will be finished on a later date.

Current projects:

1) Snake move trajectories
2) Snake utilt KO %'s with proper DI (entire cast)
3) C. Falcon frame data

So sit down and hold tight, not that anyways really commented on the data. :p
only frame data i care about is hitbox coming out frame

its nice to know what to do when someones all up in your face
:B

SuSa

That's why that was like... the first data I did.

That and IASA (End...) frames.

I personally never look at the end hitbox frames... that's why it's not to big of a priority to me...

I also have no idea why I want to do Snake's moves - trajectory.... I just want to. >: although it's.... useless...

Top Bottom