• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The End of Speculation

RelaxAlax

That Smash Guy
I'll be staying. I want to be a big help to Smash 4's growing meta and how it develops competitively. Atleast, that's my goal. So yeah, I'll be around here more. I've become more of a lurker nowadays but I intend to get really involved with Smash 4.

Tornado_Man

Smash Lord
NNID
FireMegaBuster
I plan on staying. At first, I only joined for the speculation, but over time this place has grown on me and it's pretty fun. Plus, I also plan to get competitive in terms of online Smash 4, and Smashboards is perfect for it.

WritersBlah

Smash Journeyman
NNID
WritersBlah999
Hoho, buddy. You want to know if I'm going to stay on Smashboards after the games finally release? Let me put it to you this way: I'm not only going to continue being a regular on Smashboards, I'm going to become even more active. Ever since I learned about competitive Smash during the middle of Brawl's life cycle, the amount of data and deepness there is to this entire series has been absolutely fascinating to me, and it makes me sad that I didn't know about it before Brawl was released. So knowing that this game is going to have a completely clean slate because no two Smash games are alike, I don't just want to see, but I want to actively engage in the formation of new tactics, strategies, best setups for tournament play, tier lists, and so forth. Being an active part of a brand new Smash metagame has had me excited for a long time, so I'm not going to let the chance slip by me this time.

So no, I'm not staying. I'm moving here.

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
I've mentioned many times I'm only here for the pre-release hype and speculation, and I don't intend to go back on my word. I might stay until the wii u release. We'll see when the 3DS version hits stores whether I stay or not.

xbit

Smash Rookie
I'll be joining. I've lurked for the past 2 year but really want to expand in all the area's i can, becoming active, joining the competitive scene, helpin out the where i can and generally getting acquainted with the community I've watched from and learned from.

ErenJager

Smash Champion
I'll be forever watching over you my children, even if I seem to have vanished, know that i'll always be looking over you in the otherworld from King Kai's planet.

Speculation will never die, at least not completely, as long as their is hope and dreams in the minds of all smashers, there will always be speculation.

We have until winter for the Wii U version together, so lets make the best of our time together.
Followed by the possibility of DLC which will awaken a new era in speculation.
Also Smash 6.

Hayzie

Smash Lord
NNID
Hayzie
3DS FC
5000-3322-4068
I never thought about joining here (as I never joined really any other forums dedicated to one specific game, so I didn't join any Street Fighter forums, etc). Then I got called out on Miiverse when I made a comment on a PotD and said to join here to get made fun of. I was like... whatever, troll....

Then I paid a visit. Well I can see myself not leaving for the time being. I'm sure I'll be here once both Smash versions release, talking, speculating, desiring matches, etc.

The best part, however, is the journey. I'm sure there will be much talking about it once the game comes out. We'll be giving tips and saying what we love and what we DON'T HATE about it. If there's an amazing replay feature like MK8 has, expect tons of that and gifs, too.

XStarWarriorX

[Get Ready]
That's when i'll be the most active, I've been waiting for this moment to come for a long time, (even though speculation is all well and good.) The thing that REALLY interests me is finding out how this meta will grow. And I wanna be a part of it, getting frame data, hitbox data, what combo's a character can dish out in a given moment is what I can really sink my teeth into. I regret hiding in the shadows during brawl's meta (though honestly its all MK and Characters with priority like IC's) so I didn't bother. I hope to be a part of the competitive aspect of smash 4 since that's the main reason I come on to this site, to talk about smash competitively, I wanna be the one who learns certain things about a certain character, then share my knowledge with the rest of the cool people here, that'd be better than just lurking during the brawl period.

Long story short, if the topic is about competitive smash 4, I'll be there. (tho seriously.. i'm on like everyday... but that topic will make me post ALOT more.)

Mysteltainn

Smash Ace
In my honest opinion, the majority of the speculation is already over, the leaks this time around really didn't budge me besides the Palutena one, and now E3 is around the corner to kill off anything that's left, so I'll be more of a lurker now after E3 is over until the Wii U version finally sees the light of day. I'll certainly be more active once I'm playing it though, mostly to get everyone's thoughts on the characters, new tactics and of course to battle others as well as share my own observations of the game; I'm excited to see how the meta goes for Sm4sh.

dimensionsword64

Smash Champion
3DS FC
3609-1605-6649
I'll stay. I was a lurker on this sight for a long time (before E3 2013) and I just wanted people to talk about Smash with, so I eventually joined. Now I just love the place and all of the people.

Samurai_Goroh

Smash Rookie
NNID
spybonk
3DS FC
5257-9671-3017
I'm sticking around. I'll discuss metagame, secrets, and technique after release.

Zero Suit Wario

Smash Ace
NNID
Candytechnics
3DS FC
4081-6017-8838
Switch FC
SW 3576 5099 8787
I won't stay. I'm new to the boards and what mainly caught my eye was seeing all the character speculation and the (alleged) leaks. It can be fun but sometimes the discussion or the blind fanaticism is too much. I don't hold anything against the members or the boards -it's been a nice distraction while we wait.
After the game's release I'll just play the game, have fun online and with friends. I'm really not interested in the meta-game nor the competitive scene at all.
Pretty much this. There will always be the super-dedicated people around to dissect the game after it's out, so it only makes perfect sense to leave if the main draw to the forum is speculation and hype. That was why I came here so I'll probably be leaving a while after.

Not gonna go without something, though. I'll probably start rounding up friend codes for the 3DS version at some point before I go.

Heefe

Smash Apprentice
It all depends on online mode for me... I'd like to get better in Smash Melee but there is no one around who plays the game. Hopefully online mode in Smash 4 will be stable so I can get better.

If it is as bad as Brawl online mode then I will probably loose interest in playing the game for myself but I will still continue to follow Melee tournaments !

Last edited:

WishOn

Smash Cadet
NNID
WishOn
3DS FC
4828-5426-2919
Well, I'm not really too much into speculation. I made this account in preparation for the game's release, so I'll stick around.

Aduross

Smash Apprentice
I plan to stay and watch the meta game blossom. Speculation is fun and reveals are hype and such, but that's not my main reason for being here. I really want to see how this game evolves. I don't know if I'll ever be terribly vocal, I've always been a lurker at heart, but I'd I like to at least stay in touch with the community.

Luco

Smash Hero
NNID
dracilus
3DS FC
2638-1462-5558
I'll almost certainly stick around. I came here for competitive smash, not speculation, so the end of this era will have no bearing on me. ;)

liets

Smash Ace
3DS FC
2852-9552-5494
See, I'm very conflicted about this, since I'm getting the Wii U version, but I don't want stuff to be spoiled for me. I think what I might do is hold myself in hiatus until I actually get the game and play it for myself. I will then make my triumphant return to the boards as a changed smasher; one who is more knowing about the very important topic that is smash 4

xLemmy_KoopaX

Bring me my booty!
NNID
xLemmy_KoopaX
Of course I'm staying, I just joined.
I really want to contribute to the new experiences with SSB4.

silvR1995

Smash Journeyman
NNID
silvRboLt1995
3DS FC
0834-0571-4339
Probably yes, but that depends of a few factors, actually.

1. Will there be an active group of 3DS players here? Because I will be playing exclusively on the 3DS for a long time. Unless Nintendo announce something HUGE that makes me rush to buy a Wii U, but I don't believe such thing is going to happen. lol

2. Is there a place in this forum for people who enjoy having online matches, learning the mechanics of the game, getting better, etc... but isn't extremely competitive? I mean, I have no plans of participating of tournaments (the real life ones, I mean), my interest lies 100% in online matches. If there is a place for this kind of player here, I might have a reason to stay.

I have been here only for a few months, but I can safely say I enjoy this place. Currently I am losing my interest in Pokémon, so I will probably stop visiting my "main" forums (bmgf) soon and it would be nice to have this one as a place to visit in a daily basis. Unlike CroonerMike, I don't dislike the majority of the users, although there are certainly a few... unpleasing users around here. Then again, the same could be said about any other forum. Anyway, I registered here not only because of the SSB4 hype, but because I wanted a place to talk about Smash. Believe me or not, but I have never heard of this forum until a few months ago.

That is it.
I'll definitely be playing on 3DS. and the Wii U when that version releases.

Banjo-Kazooie

Smash Ace
NNID
Burudiman
3DS FC
2492-5021-9705
I feel ashamed because I left when the Brawl speculations ended back then. I would love to stay and share my Nintendo IDs to play with some of you people. But I live in central Mexico, so we 'll have to see how is te connection in the games (so far in Mario Kart 8 is mixed, I have connection errors and it kicks me sometimes when playing with people outside America, but in Regional is quite good).
Another thing, I might be missing for some weeks until I have everything in the game that could cause spoilers. And Im going serious with this I will even close all my social media accounts for the time being. I' ll be back after that to see what I can give to the Smash community.

victinivcreate1

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Wiiu4ssb4
3DS FC
3007-8585-6950
I've been here since right before Brawl kinda reached its Apex (lol 2012 is a legendary tournament). Competitive Smash has brought me here, and I hope to further many of the boards, here, seeing as I already have decided on mains and secondaries already.

D

Deleted member

I'll be staying in the site for now. I'm not that much into speculation, so yeah. The purpose of me joining the site was to prepare for the upcoming release of the 3DS game. The website is great as well. I may quit, I may not quit. It's up to me really.

Last edited by a moderator:

Andyjoe522

Smash Ace
NNID
Andyjoe522
My plans are nowhere near set in stone. If I stay, I stay. If not, oh well. I learned a few years back that you should never promise yourself that you'll be a permanent face on any online community. Communities change, and so do I.

Saikyoshi

Smash Master
NNID
KarmaPilcrow
3DS FC
0344-9771-0514
Psssh, I've got the date marked on my calendar. The end of speculation means the end of flaming people over liking certain characters.

Except Miis. I'll never hear the end of my actually liking those, I suspect.

Soul.

I'm staying. I'm really not interested in speculation, so once the competitive scene for Smash Bros. 3DS and Wii U starts, there will be a lot of discussion about the characters and their matchups. Because there are two versions, that means there will be two different metagames. I suppose character support threads will be locked since we'll all know the character roster by then, but that's up to the moderators.

Last edited:

Hong

The Strongest
The end of speculation means the end of flaming people over liking certain characters.
I hate to tell you this but things are only going to get saltier after release and people really have no idea what they are talking about for the match-ups.

It's going to be a new reason for flaming, but equally as inane and pointless.

Saikyoshi

Smash Master
NNID
KarmaPilcrow
3DS FC
0344-9771-0514
I hate to tell you this but things are only going to get saltier after release and people really have no idea what they are talking about for the match-ups.

It's going to be a new reason for flaming, but equally as inane and pointless.
At least there'll be no more, "You idiot, Ridley (is already a stage hazard/would be so much better than...)". That alone will be music to my ears.

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
I plan on sticking around. Although I haven't been nearly as active before the Smash 4 announcement, because of my activity, I've made a lot of friends around here that I plan on keeping in touch with. I also am interested in the metagame this time around as a personal introduction by myself to the subject.

I would love to contribute any way I can post-speculation era.
You guys are the best. Even those of you who are annoying.
PLEASE LOVE ME

Hong

The Strongest
At least there'll be no more, "You idiot, Ridley (is already a stage hazard/would be so much better than...)". That alone will be music to my ears.
Easy for you to say. You don't have to police it. :troll:

inb4 10 threads about how Smash 4 is the worst game in the series and how Melee/Brawl/PM is better. All your recurring stars will be there flaming each other, so it will feel just like watching a rerun! And of course for the first month, there will be death threats towards Sakurai because he couldn't include all 1001 characters people ask for.

D

Deleted member

inb4 10 threads about how Smash 4 is the worst game in the series and how Melee/Brawl/PM is better. All your recurring stars will be there flaming each other, so it will feel just like watching a rerun! And of course for the first month, there will be death threats towards Sakurai because he couldn't include all 1001 characters people ask for.
That is the one thing I'm not looking forward to...

Oracle_Summon

Smash Hero
I won't be on very much when SSB4 for the 3DS comes out, but for different reasons. Mainly, one of those reasons is because I will be partaking in the Final Stretch of College.

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908

And I'll be here being unnecessarily ticked off at everyone who participates as always because I know what it's like to police those types of things and it gives me a tension headache. :awesome:

Last edited:

Vann Accessible

Smash Ace
3DS FC
2208-6640-6360
Believe it or not, I've been a member of these boards since I was 14, back in the days of pre-Melee release and Gideon's overzealous modding and Mr. GlubGlub (the resident die hard fanboy we all used to enjoy mocking). Oh, dems were the days...

In the past, I usually have departed post release, as my focus moves from speculation to actually playing the game. As the subsequent titles neared release I have returned under different user names to contribute to the pre-release hype prior to Brawl's release, and again at present with SSB4.

This game may be different however. With improved online capacity this time around, I am less limited by geography to join in competitive play, and will have an active interest in how the metagame develops.

In short, I'll try and stick around to chat with you whippersnappers. ;D

Last edited:

WolfieXVII ❂

stay woke
NNID
tresxvii
3DS FC
4699-5598-8215
I've lurked for a year however, I'm here to staaaay-yay--yay
Ive made some friends and I want to get into the competitive scene and this seems like the place to start.

Last edited:

Saikyoshi

Smash Master
NNID
KarmaPilcrow
3DS FC
0344-9771-0514

And while they're all complaining, I'll have not one but four newly-updating games to actually play and discuss; Flash 2, Crusade, P:M, and of course, U/3D.

So of dang course I'm staying.

Last edited:
Top Bottom