• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Encyclopedia of Pokemon Involvement in Brawl

TBL_Luis

Smash Apprentice
Well, since I've seen plenty of Pokemon questions in Brawl, I decided to get the info from my website and post it here for everyone to see, it should answer a lot of Pokemon-Brawl questions. The original page where I got this info from, which is on my website, is located here.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Ever since the first Super Smash Bros. game, Pokemon has had a big role in the franchise. Well here are the roles of many Pokemon in the game Super Smash Bros. Brawl. All of this information is from the Smash Bros. Dojo, Jump Fiesta convention information, World Hobby Convention(whobby) information, and various gameplay videos, as well as reports from people with the game.

Playable Characters from Pokemon:
1.Pikachu
2.Pokemon Trainer
2a.Charizard
2b.Squirtle
2c.Ivysaur
3.Jigglypuff
4.Lucario

Pokeball Pokemon with Attacks and Sidenotes:
1.Jirachi(Uses Teleport, and drops a sticker or more.)
2.Weavile(Uses Quick Attack or Night Slash[still is being debated] to dash around, whether or not it causes damage or is just for show is still up for debate and needs to be researched, but it most likely does do damage.)
3.Gulpin(Swallows an enemy when released.)
4.Chikorita(It uses the same attack as in Melee, Razor Leaf.)
5.Electrode(As in Melee, it will explode after some time thanks to Explosion/Self-Destruct, but now in Brawl, it has a chance of not exploding at all.)
6.Celebi(This Pokemon appears and uses Teleport, but unlike the past games, this Pokemon may a trophy or more.)
7.Mew(Unlike the past games, this Pokemon may drop an item, such as a CD as it floats away on a bubble.)
8.Kyogre(Uses a water attack, most likely Water Spout or Hydro Pump, to cause knockback and damage.)
9.Torchic(It explodes in a fury of fire, attack name is unknown, maybe it is Flare Blitz.)
10.Groudon(Comes out and its body will burn bright red, burning any enemy that touches it, aka Overheat.)
11.Wobbuffet(Same as before, it will attack anything that touches it, aka Counter.)
12.Goldeen(Such as the last game, it just Splashes around, doing nothing at all, but if you go near it while shielding, it breaks your shield.)
13.Togepi(Same as Melee, it uses Metronome and uses a random attack.)
14.Snorlax(Same as before, jumps up, then returns twice as big, crushing any enemies under it, aka Body Slam.)
15.Latios + Latias(One comes out, summons the other, and both rush around the battlefield, crushing anything in their way, speculated to be Aerial Ace. Even if they do not hit you, the wind they create can still knock you back.)
16.Staryu(Will go to an enemy and use Swift, just as in Melee.)
17.Bellossom(Just like in Melee, it will put anything near it to sleep with sleep powder.)
18.Metagross(Uses Earthquake.)
19.Gardevoir(Walks around while engulfed in a green dome, maybe it is Protect or Mirror Coat. It reflects projectiles that come from within the dome and outside it, at double the velocity, excluding those by the person who summoned it. This Pokemon is very smart, as it seems to only go down platforms if it knows another platform is below it.)
20.Moltres(Warms up its body, hurting anything that touches it, perhaps Heatwave?)
21.Entei(Uses Lava Plume to cause massive damage.)
22.Deoxys(Jumps up and uses Hyper Beam, it is in its Attack form.)
23.Bonsly(It will be able to be picked up and thrown for a high amount of damage.)
24.Meowth(It will use Pay Day, just like in the original Super Smash Bros., but more useful as it aims at the area with the most opponents and will push them back, just like Piplup does with its Surf attack.)
25.Manaphy(It will use Heart Swap to switch the bodies of two enemies, they will be restored later on.)
26.Piplup(It will use Surf and push a Pokemon, like Marril in Melee, but with damage.)
27.Munchlax(It will eat any item near it, using Stockpile and Swallow.)
28.Suicune(Uses Aurora Beam to cause massive damage.)
29.Lugia(Will use Aeroblast from the background, just like in Melee.)
30.Ho-oh(Will use Sacred Fire, as in Melee.)

Pokeball Pokemon Seen At Demos But Have not Been Reported to be Seen Yet:
1.Darkrai
2.Shaymin
3.Eevee+Eeveelutions
4.Onix
5.Regigigas
6.Cherrim
7.Garchomp
8.Castform
9.Pachirisu
10.Chansey

Pokemon Themed Stages:
1.Pokemon Stadium 2
2.Pokemon Stadium
3.Mt. Coronet/Spear Pillar

Pokemon Appearing on Pokemon Stadium 2 During the Occasional Field Type Change:

1.Electric
1a.Electivire
1b.Magnezone

2.Ground
2a.Cubone
2b.Diglett
2c.Dugtrio

3.Flying
3a.Skarmory
3b.Drifloon
3c.Hoppip

4.Ice
4a.Snover
4b.Snorunt

Pokemon Appearing on the Mt. Coronet/Spear Pillar Stage:
1.Dialga(Uses Roar of Time, the huge blue beam, on random parts of the battlefield. It also has the ability to slow time, tilt the stage with its time manipulation, make a hole in the ground with Earth Power, and come out of the background, hurting anything that touches it.)
2.Palkia(Uses Spacial Rend, or the giant pink beam/slash, around many areas of the field. It also uses Earth Power to make a hole in parts of the stage, distorts gravity, and manipulates space to tilt the stage.)
3.Cresselia(Uses Psycho Cut in two different variations.)
4.Uxie(Does nothing.)
5.Mespirit(Does nothing.)
6.Azelf(Does nothing.)

Subspace Emissary Pokemon Bosses:
1.Rayquaza(Fought with Fox and Diddy Kong.)

Pokemon items:
1.Pokeball

Pokemon Music(Thanks to the Brawl OST Thread for compiling this):
1.Pokémon Blue & Red - Main Theme
2.Pokémon Blue & Red - Pokemon Center
3.Pokémon Blue & Red - Route 1
4.Pokémon Stadium & Evolution Theme
5.Pokémon Ruby & Sapphire - Wild Pokemon Battle
6.Pokémon Ruby & Sapphire - Victory Road
7.Pokémon Diamond & Pearl - Wild Pokemon Battle
8.Pokémon Diamond & Pearl - Dialga & Palkia Battle
9. Pokémon Diamond & Pearl - Team Galaxy Battle
10.Pokémon Diamond & Pearl - Route 209

Pokemon Assist Trophies:
None and there will be none.

Pokemon Stickers:
Coming Soon

Pokemon Trophies:
Coming Soon

Credits:
1.Thanks to Yoshi of Brawl Central for finding most of the sprites and saving me time.
2.Thanks to people for noticing errors and correcting me on them, as well as people for supporting this thread.

------------------------------------------------------------
I'll update every now and then when more information is found, hope it helps!

Sanjuinuthus

Smash Apprentice
Nice list, I'd just like to point out that Meowth's Payday is different (and more useful). He turns towards the nearest opponent and unleashes a barrage of coins, pushing them back like Piplup (seen in the 5minute commercial). Also Gardevoir only blocks projectiles (I think).

GreatClayMonkey

Smash Lord
Rigging the enemy base with explosives, which is l
Nice list, I'd just like to point out that Meowth's Payday is different (and more useful). He turns towards the nearest opponent and unleashes a barrage of coins, pushing them back like Piplup (seen in the 5minute commercial). Also Gardevoir only blocks projectiles (I think).
your right about gardevoir I saw it in an e4all video she only blocks projectiles

TBL_Luis

Smash Apprentice
Ok thanks everyone, edited all that stuff

@Hippochinfat, ive heard alot of people, such as some that went to Whobby and the like, who reported seeing them, but I'll need to investigate this further

Hippochinfat

Smash Ace
If they were the whobby demo they would have been in the new trailer that showed the ice part of Pokemon stadium 2. They weren't in that video so yeah.

DragoonFenix15

Smash Apprentice
Entei uses Fire Spin, not Blast (This is from various strategy guides and FAQs for Melee. maybe the trophy too?)

I think Torchic is using Ember... well, it's up for debate :p

This is a nice collection of info, thank you for compiling it.

Tyrannotaur

Smash Ace
NNID
Tyrannotaur
3DS FC
1075-0952-5696
I see a shed, Snover and a Snowman. Where is Snorunt? On the left or right of the shed?
Snorunt is in between Snover and the Glacier/Frozen Shed thing. To the Left of Snover to the right or the Glacier/Frozen shed.

You know what a Snorunt is right? Glalie and Frosslass pre-evolution...

TBL_Luis

Smash Apprentice
Entei uses Fire Spin, not Blast (This is from various strategy guides and FAQs for Melee. maybe the trophy too?)

I think Torchic is using Ember... well, it's up for debate :p

This is a nice collection of info, thank you for compiling it.
alright thanks for bringing up that point about Entei

and meh no problem, I needed to make this list for my website, so I figured, why not put it on SmashBoards :)

Rhubarbo

Smash Champion
You know, I was thinking, the Smoke Ball could have been listed as a Pokemon item, and the Cracker Launcher could have easily been called the Coconaut Gun.

TBL_Luis

Smash Apprentice
Well maybe, but in Pokemon the smoke ball is used to run from wild Pokemon and it isn't colorful, also it looks different, so meh

plus on the dojo it has the Smash Bros. Symbol, so its an original item

TBL_Luis

Smash Apprentice
Sorry for the double post, but here is some more info on some Pokeball Pokemon I forgot to add and a rumor, they have been also added to the first post. Also, Whobby is on for the last time before Japanese release tonight, so I'll post any Pokemon info they might find here, if we get some anyway.

Pokeball Pokemon with Attacks and Sidenotes:
*Chikorita(It uses the same attack as in Melee, Razor Leaf.)
*Electrode(As in Melee, it will explode after some time thanks to Explosion/Self-Destruct, but now in Brawl, it has a chance of not exploding at all.)

Pokemon Rumors:
*Pyrite Town as a stage or in the Subspace Emissary?(In the video located here, behind Pokemon Trainer, this appears to be Pyrite Town, could the town signal a stage or Subspace Emissary level based on it or the colosseum it houses? Maybe one of the characters who roam it, such as Miror B, will be an Assist Trophy or Boss? This will be looked into further.)

zarkawi

Smash Cadet
could you link the vid confirming jiggs, ness, and lucario? That would be awesome :)
Also, great thread, good work on the compilation.

Hippochinfat

Smash Ace
Snorunt is in between Snover and the Glacier/Frozen Shed thing. To the Left of Snover to the right or the Glacier/Frozen shed.

You know what a Snorunt is right? Glalie and Frosslass pre-evolution...
Alright I saw a higher quality version of the video and I see snorunt.

And yeah I definetly know what it is. I'm a huge huge Pokemon fan.

TBL_Luis

Smash Apprentice
@Hippochinfat- Pokemon rocks don't it =D

@Zarkawi, here it is, along with a video of Gimpyfish explaining everything. In the confirming video, stop the screen at exactly 4:50 to see the little icons in the corner. It is on youtube because the one on Wii.com got edited off after Nintendo caught wind that we saw it, but it was probably an intentional leak...

Video: http://youtube.com/watch?v=pfb2l-iYlRo
Explanation by Gimpyfish: http://youtube.com/watch?v=vfuGSKXA20w

VanillaMummy

Smash Journeyman
Maybe you could also include sprites or pictures of each of the Pokemon for those that are less Poke-inclined? Doing so would make this one of the most useful posts on all of SmashBoards.

Terradrius

Smash Apprentice
Apparently Pokemon Stadium 1 is back, but I can't confirm it. Sorry.

Also *nitpick*, I don't think Rock Throw was a move in Red/Blue (though I may be wrong) - thus Rock Slide would be Onix's move, not Rock Throw.

Top Bottom