• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Encyclopedia of Pokemon Involvement in Brawl

MDupont

Smash Cadet
Pokemon Stadium 1 is one of 10 returning SSBM stages. Spear Pillar is a confirmed new Pokemon Stage as seen on Serebii.net.

Also: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7WNDTSwPXqs

New Pokeball Pokemon Gulpin can seen at around 2:36 sucking up Ike and spitting him out. Seems pretty good as it killed him.

Tyrannotaur

Smash Ace
NNID
Tyrannotaur
3DS FC
1075-0952-5696
Apparently Pokemon Stadium 1 is back, but I can't confirm it. Sorry.

Also *nitpick*, I don't think Rock Throw was a move in Red/Blue (though I may be wrong) - thus Rock Slide would be Onix's move, not Rock Throw.
Rock throw is still a move in DP. Rock Slide is just a more powerful version of it, which occasionally causes Flinch. It's hard to say what Onix uses. It could be either one.

And Gulpin looks like it is using the Stockpile-Swallow-Spit up combo.

TBL_Luis

Smash Apprentice
Wow this thread got lost

I added all the found info, plus some new Pokeball Pokemon i found myself in gameplay videos

thanks for the positive comments also, and for the person who asked for sprites, im on it!

ArgentStew

Smash Lord
Does anyone know which stage Leafeon was seen on? I'm wondering whether or not Eevee would evolve based on the type of stage...

TBL_Luis

Smash Apprentice
Nope, and since we don't know specifically who saw it (since it was at whobby and it was all chaotic with the spreading of info), we really can't find out unless someone spots it again in the game

EDIT:
Also added the Pokemon music to the first post, here it is in case you are too lazy to go look

Pokemon Music(Thanks to the Brawl OST Thread for compiling this):
1.Pokémon Blue & Red - Main Theme
2.Pokémon Blue & Red - Pokemon Center
3.Pokémon Blue & Red - Route 1
4.Pokémon Stadium & Evolution Theme
5.Pokémon Ruby & Sapphire - Wild Pokemon Battle
6.Pokémon Ruby & Sapphire - Victory Road
7.Pokémon Diamond & Pearl - Wild Pokemon Battle
8.Pokémon Diamond & Pearl - Dialga & Palkia Battle
9. Pokémon Diamond & Pearl - Team Galaxy Battle
10.Pokémon Diamond & Pearl - Route 209

ill add links to the songs in a bit

00Elf

Smash Journeyman
I was playing on my NTSC-J copy earlier and I can attest that Cresselia can also appear in Spear Pillar in the spot of Palkia and Dialgia. It uses some kind of swiping attack, not sure of it's name.

Uxie, Azelf, and Mespirt also appear on Spear Pillar, not sure what they do.

5.Electrode(As in Melee, it will explode after some time thanks to Explosion/Self-Destruct, but now in Brawl, it has a chance of not exploding at all, reports say this may only happen when the smart bomb is on the field, others say it doesn't matter, this needs research.)
That makes no sense to me.

TBL_Luis

Smash Apprentice
Meh sorry about that, I had a dumb moment when I wrote that

I updated everything on the first page, even a new pokeball pokemon i just witnessed played in a live streaming of brawl, MOLTRES!!!

TBL_Luis

Smash Apprentice
By new, I mean that we didn't know it was in Brawl before

since people ripped the game discs first layer and didn't see it, they thought it wasn't it, but i guess its data was in the second layer :O

so new means newly confirmed, not new to the games

DreamFiend633

Smash Apprentice
By new, I mean that we didn't know it was in Brawl before

since people ripped the game discs first layer and didn't see it, they thought it wasn't it, but i guess its data was in the second layer :O

so new means newly confirmed, not new to the games
Does this mean Eevee and the Eeveelutions still have a chance?

TBL_Luis

Smash Apprentice
Yes, Eevee and the Eeveelutions still have a chance, as do Shaymin and Darkrai

so basically, the moltres confirmation gave every Pokemon a chance to still be in, so just cross your fingers and hope

DreamFiend633

Smash Apprentice
Yes, Eevee and the Eeveelutions still have a chance, as do Shaymin and Darkrai

so basically, the moltres confirmation gave every Pokemon a chance to still be in, so just cross your fingers and hope
I will. A while back I thought of the idea that Eevee was in a PokeBall, and when you called it out, it evolved into one of it's evolutions and performed it's signature move or whatever. I pray that Eevee and it's Eeveelutions are still in. But it still hasn't been confirmed that it was in the demos though, so it's possible it's not in at all.

EDIT: There are a couple problems with your list PokeBall Pokemon, from what I've seen. Apparently Jirachi DOES in fact drop a CD, according to PokeBeach.com, and Cherrim is another one of the Pokemon that is in the demos but NOT in the final game as of yet. Again, I heard that from PokeBeach, and this guy has played the game and seen every Pokemon in it apparently.

Nintandy²

Smash Apprentice
Brilliant!

Wow! This is fantastic! I highly commend you for this topic. I know we have the information scattered around, but this is a perfect little compendium, and I've actually learnt quite a bit from it. So Onix and co were not removed? That's fantastic to know! I'm loving this, so thank you for the informative read ^^.

-- Andy

TBL_Luis

Smash Apprentice
Sorry, I hadn't gotten to update, been busy ^^;;

About onix and co, still no ones seen them, so they still might be out, sorry

I edited the first post with sprites of everything and moved things to where they need to be :)

Lord Viper

SS Rank
NNID
LordViper
3DS FC
2363-5881-2519
I want to see what Darkrai does, then again he would be the most cheating Pokemon in the game. XD

Aurora Jenny

Smash Lord
NNID
Dart_Rodales
BTW, I hate to bust your bubbles, but there are two things I should note. Moltres IS listed in that ripped list back in that other thread, but it's under FIRE, its Japanese name. Secondly, Chansey hasn't been officially confirmed yet, much as I'd love to say it so. Can anyone provide video evidence of Chansey other than the Whobby report of which almost NOTHING has been proven?

Edit: Here's the files regarding Moltres

\RSBJ01\item\fire\ItmFireParam.pac
\RSBJ01\item\fire\PkmFireBrres.pac

Percon

Smash Lord
I don't know if anyone mentioned this yet, but I don't think Weavile does damage. When I summoned one, it DID go back and forth really fast... but it stunned the opponents instead of damaging them.

Nintandy²

Smash Apprentice
Ah right, thanks for the edits! Now it's a lot easier to understand, and naturally more accurate. I'll keep track of this ^_^.

-- Andy

Sonic The Hedgedawg

Smash Hero
NNID
SonicTheHedgedog
3DS FC
3437-3319-6725
also as for spear pillar pokemon:

you are right about cresselia, but there's more to dialga and palkia.

Both dialga and palkia can tilt the stage.

Laserbeams... I'm not sure if that isdone by the pokemon or the stage.

Both can break holes in the stage.

Pakila can decrease gravity, flip the stage upside down, or invert it left to right.

Dialga can slow down time, or come out to play and kill nearly anything that touches him

Sonic The Hedgedawg

Smash Hero
NNID
SonicTheHedgedog
3DS FC
3437-3319-6725
I don't know if anyone mentioned this yet, but I don't think Weavile does damage. When I summoned one, it DID go back and forth really fast... but it stunned the opponents instead of damaging them.
wevile DOES do damage... the first time it dashes back and forth, it shoots them away... every other time. it stuns... (at least, I've seen it do both and I'm not sure what determines it) Also, I'd guess chansey is out since I haven't seen her yet, and you'd think she'd be common

I'd also like to comment on the inteligence of pokemon.

Gardevoir, for instance, will often walk off ledges, but only if she KNOWS that she will land on a platform under it... even if it's a moving platform, she knows.

Sonic The Hedgedawg

Smash Hero
NNID
SonicTheHedgedog
3DS FC
3437-3319-6725
oh... and, sorry to do this again but:latias and latios have a secondary effect, even if they don't hit you, they are surrounded by wind, so if they barely miss you, you'll still get pushed around a LOT, you just won't flinch or take damage.

Top Bottom