• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social The Dog Opens a Can of Whoopass: Duck Hunt Social Thread

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
Well now revealed June 10th between the 12th is pretty much the time to reveal him because that's when E3 airs
Not necessarily... I don't see the dog as a starter character... if it is a newcomer, it would be an unlockable character... if not, then it is hopefully in as an Assist Trophy, at least.

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
Not necessarily... I don't see the dog as a starter character... if it is a newcomer, it would be an unlockable character... if not, then it is hopefully in as an Assist Trophy, at least.
Remember the rumor of his pattern is revealing all characters anyway before he reveals which ones you have to unlock

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
I have been thinking about the Duck Hunt Dog's normal A moves... and I would like to see elements from Hogan's Alley incorporated in the Duck Hunt Dog's moveset.

Maybe his Up+A move has the dog holding up a cardboard cutout and he twirls it like one would twirl an umbrella...

And maybe his Smash Side+A move has him throwing a tin can and the hunter shoots at it... kinda like this...

And maybe his Smash Up+A move has him holding up a cardboard cutout and the hunter shoots at it... like this...

I felt that they would suit the Duck Hunt Dog well since he would be representing the NES Zapper games... and it would give Hogan's Alley some representation... that game doesn't have characters, only cardboard cutouts and tin cans... so I figured they could work well as weapons for the Duck Hunt Dog to pull out of hammerspace. :)

Last edited:

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593

Something I made on Miiverse for the Duck Hunt Dog supporters. Rather appropriately, I've got responses ranging from "Lord no!" to "Get that ugly mutt away from Smash!" :troll:

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik

Something I made on Miiverse for the Duck Hunt Dog supporters. Rather appropriately, I've got responses ranging from "Lord no!" to "Get that ugly mutt away from Smash!" :troll:
There's no accounting for taste... it is Miiverse after all. :troll:

MasterofMonster

Smash Master
Duck Hunt Dog
Special:
Dog shoots with that Gun-thing used in Duck Hunt, of which I have completely forgotten the name, sorry. Works a little like Fox's Blaster, no knockback.
Side Special: Dack Whack. Whacks with a duck in front of him. Green Duck does little knockback, and is more to annoye foes. But at times, you will hit with a Pink Duck, causing major knockback.
Down Special: Disc. Also forgot the right English names, but there's some sort of training mode in Duck Hunt, shooting discs, right? Well, charge, and have Dog spin around quickly, then let go a quick disc that will swoon forward in a upwards angle.
Up Special: Duckcopter. Dog grabs onto two Duck's legs and they will fly upwards with him. Good recovery, but not a attacking move.
Final Smash: like Snake, Dog hops and stands right in front of the 'camera', shooting. But not at foes, but at the random Ducks that will appear on-screen. The ducks won't die when hit, but they will turn mad, and dive, spinning, straight down. So, you have to shoot the ducks right above foes. The pink, stronger ducks, however, will dive at a angle, making them unpredictable.

Sobreviviente

Smash Lord
This Milky Lake stage on wave race 64 always looked like resembling duck hunt to me btw

Bad quality video, but trust me, the are ducks in there xD

Last edited:

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
Yeah, just the ducks were there in Wii Play. :p
I was excited when I first saw the Duck Hunt game in Wii Play... but I was disappointed when I found out that it did not have the dog.... I was so disappointed that I did not bother buying the game at all. Keep in mind that this was back in 2007 and I was not a fan of Miis at the time... Duck Hunt just isn't the same without the dog.

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
I was thinking that I should probably make a list of supporters like many other support threads.

For the people who "liked" the OP, would you like me to add you to the list of supporters?

@Vintage Creep
@ M Maffewt
@ Crap-Zapper Crap-Zapper
@PikaJew
@ Capybara Gaming Capybara Gaming
@ BluePikmin11 BluePikmin11
@jaytalks
@KingShadow
@BlueSorrow
@Golden Icarus
@Arcticbanana
@TempahRelapse
@ D dimensionsword64

For the people who expressed favorable/neutral opinions, posted "I support" posts, and made movesets on this thread... would you like me to add you to the list of supporters?

@Mypantisgone
@MasterWarlord
@BKupa666
@Smash Daddy
@ Yomi's Biggest Fan Yomi's Biggest Fan
@lordvaati
@gothrax
@Zzuxon
@JavaCroc
@Kikwi-Kiwi
@KumaOso
@shinhed-echi
@DakotaBonez
@Claire Diviner
@SmashKing201
@Jhonnykiller45
@Sheck
@EmeraldPhaze
@Super Smash Bros. Fan
@Hypercat-Z
@NoPLo
@GoldenYuiitusin
@DPSnumber1
@peeup
@ The Real Gamer The Real Gamer
@IntelliHeath1
@TheCreator
@FalKoopa
@volbound1700
@HylianHeroBigBoss
@8-peacock-8
@Frostwraith
@Yogibur
@Rosalina
@APC99
@Groose
@Tetra's Tracker
@SpaceJell0
@Yams
@YoshiandToad
@Nintendotard
@ Smashoperatingbuddy123 Smashoperatingbuddy123
@Primid
@Xigger
@XenothiumX
@Smashiny
@Z1GMA
@Zage
@papagenos
@bennett999
@deebeethedeity
@smashkirby
@ MasterofMonster MasterofMonster
@ StaffofSmashing StaffofSmashing
@ Sobreviviente Sobreviviente

Yes, I know it is a lot of potential supporters. I looked through all 7 pages here. :awesome: Let me know by sending me a PM, posting here, or simply liking this post. Thank you for your time and support! :)

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
I was thinking that I should probably make a list of supporters like many other support threads.

For the people who "liked" the OP, would you like me to add you to the list of supporters?

@Vintage Creep
@ M Maffewt
@ Crap-Zapper Crap-Zapper
@PikaJew
@ BluePikmin11 BluePikmin11
@jaytalks
@KingShadow
@BlueSorrow
@Golden Icarus
@Arcticbanana
@TempahRelapse
@ D dimensionsword64

For the people who expressed favorable/neutral opinions, posted "I support" posts, and made movesets on this thread... would you like me to add you to the list of supporters?

@Mypantisgone
@MasterWarlord
@BKupa666
@Smash Daddy
@ Yomi's Biggest Fan Yomi's Biggest Fan
@lordvaati
@gothrax
@Zzuxon
@JavaCroc
@Kikwi-Kiwi
@KumaOso
@shinhed-echi
@DakotaBonez
@Claire Diviner
@SmashKing201
@Jhonnykiller45
@Sheck
@EmeraldPhaze
@Super Smash Bros. Fan
@Hypercat-Z
@NoPLo
@GoldenYuiitusin
@DPSnumber1
@peeup
@IntelliHeath1
@TheCreator
@FalKoopa
@volbound1700
@HylianHeroBigBoss
@8-peacock-8
@Frostwraith
@Yogibur
@Rosalina
@APC99
@Groose
@Tetra's Tracker
@SpaceJell0
@Yams
@YoshiandToad
@Nintendotard
@Primid
@Xigger
@XenothiumX
@Smashiny
@Z1GMA
@Zage
@papagenos
@bennett999
@deebeethedeity
@smashkirby
@ MasterofMonster MasterofMonster

Yes, I know it is a lot of potential supporters. I looked through all 7 pages here. :awesome: Let me know by sending me a PM, posting here, or simply liking this post. Thank you for your time and support! :)
Why yes, I would like to be one the list since I do realize that Smash is all about Nintendo history after all. Besides, who wouldn't want to play as a lovable mutt with waterfowl for weapons. :troll:

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
All right, I added you three to the list of supporters. I know that many others did say they support but I didn't want to be rude for adding them without their permission. I should have made this list a long time ago.

DekuBoy

Smash Lord
Hah, I remember you Arcadenik from the old SSB4 speculation thread before the game was even announced. Awesome choice for a character, an actual Nintendo icon. Count me in.

The Real Gamer

Smash Hero
3DS FC
3437-3797-6559
I support the dog who hunts ducks.

He'd be the perfect retro/WTF addition... In fact I'd cut ROB for him.

Last edited:

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
Well if they did make duck hunt dog playable he could get revealed either after the release for unlockable or before for a special case for the case E3

WonderSmash

Smash Apprentice
Put me on the list.

Are there any videos of this brawl mod where hes a wario copy? I'd love to see how he moves and fights

Freduardo

Smash Champion
I still can't believe I never knew Duck Hunt had player two able to control the ducks for over twenty years. Game was classic.

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
Okay, I added the following members to the supporter list:

@ DekuBoy DekuBoy
@ WonderSmash WonderSmash
@ Jason the Yoshi Jason the Yoshi
@ Freduardo Freduardo

So far so good... just for the record, I am not going to be butthurt if Duck Hunt Dog is deconfirmed. I already knew that he was a long shot (pun not intended :p) but it is worth trying. :awesome:

Duck Hunt is a classic. I was six in 1989 and my father surprised me with the NES Power Set... this bundle had Super Mario Bros., Duck Hunt, and World Class Track Meet. The Mario Brothers and the Duck Hunt Dog introduced me to the wonderful world of Nintendo and that was when I became a die-hard Nintendo fan. One of the reasons I support the Duck Hunt Dog is because it was one of the first Nintendo characters I have ever known... yes, he made fun of my poor accuracy shooting but he was still a big part of my childhood.

I believe that Duck Hunt was a big part of many Nintendo fans who were children in the late 1980's... so it is a beloved classic for many older Nintendo fans like myself... and the fact that dog trolled all of us made him someone we "love to hate" and he is still talked about today because of that... Duck Hunt Dog is an iconic Nintendo character in gaming history.

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
In my opinion I think greninja just help the dog because he just prooved its pretty much impossible to nail a perfect roster so duck hunt dog could be there with wii fit trainer and greninja in the how did they get playable status

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
I suppose it is a good thing they did not show Duck Hunt Dog as an Assist Trophy... maybe he survived the Assist Trophy Massacre...

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
Honestly... that Pong Assist Trophy was hilarious! I know Pong is not owned by Nintendo... but Color TV-Game 15 is... and it is essentially Pong.

Top Bottom