• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The ~dere Thread; but mostly the tsun (& never the yan) (w/some anime) CHECK 1st POST

-Rei-

Saviour of PacWest
holy **** that's dope! How did you meet him/how did you friend end up introducing you to him? What are you doing in Japan anyway, teaching English? (apologies if you already said this lol)
yeah i'm teaching english in japan

during college my friend helped at anime expo as a translator and was later offered a job in the industry

he asked me to come to comitia 104 and that's where i met both director's

after the event, they invited me to eat with them so we went to an izakaya

there they told me what they worked on and asked why i was in japan

we then talked about zombie stuff like the walking dead, biohazard, world war z

as we were in akihabara my friend told me he works in the same building as other top studios

like he got free railgun stuff but gave it away before knowing i wanted them

he also works in the same building with the agesoft members

-Rei-

Saviour of PacWest
hell yeah

meiya is the greatest

she's on my waifu top 5 list

maybe even have 1st spot

also i love that source pic

asianaussie

Smash Hero
source pic is pretty great

meiya is like 3rd or something here

chiwa saito's voice is 2nd

i own two sets of trading card sleeves with meiya on them just because meiya (and only one of sumika but i own a sumika deckbox so idk who wins)

edit: lol 8000 posts im on this site too much

-Rei-

Saviour of PacWest
i've seen those lol

i saw muvluv alternative at akihabara yesterday but didn't buy it

i most likely will on my next paycheck and visit

i have a kasumi figure but it's back at home in the us

Minato

穏やかじゃない
Given the stuff I read/watch/play, would I like Muvluv?
the nia you're thinking of and the nia i'm thinking of is probably different

maybe
Probably, although I don't know any other Nias. One I'm mentioning is TTGL's.

Minato

穏やかじゃない
Man, making me see that Pokemon vid twice. People are gonna look at me weird in the library since I'm all smiling from this. lol

Also, I didn't include characters from games. Only anime/manga/LNs.

omgwtfToph

Smash Master
no chitanda eru love in here huh? seems like my japanese otaku friends are more into her lolz

yo I should try to translate at fanime or something. Rei, if this isn't too personal, can you ask your friend how much he makes doing translation work?

And what does he do now, exactly? It sounds like he's a translator in the anime industry?

Xyzz

Smash Champion
Chitanda is super cool, just not top5 :D

also: The cultural festival scene in Umineko just nearly managed to make me die from laughter.
Seriously? *That* silver forest arrange? <3 <3 :D

-Rei-

Saviour of PacWest
no chitanda eru love in here huh? seems like my japanese otaku friends are more into her lolz

yo I should try to translate at fanime or something. Rei, if this isn't too personal, can you ask your friend how much he makes doing translation work?

And what does he do now, exactly? It sounds like he's a translator in the anime industry?
we did talk about our paychecks when we left the meal as he showed me around shinjuku

he told me i make almost double than he does but definitely a grand more

my friend isn't a translator but in charge of public relations, so he does errands and helps out if he had nothing to do

he only translates to english when he is asked to

asianaussie

Smash Hero
Given the stuff I read/watch/play, would I like Muvluv?
eh, i would answer with a resounding 'maybe'

there are three in the series: extra, unlimited and alternative (and some fandiscs). names are a bit misleading, but 'extra' is the first in the series, unlimited is the second. alternative is the most notable of the 3 and a half VNs, but it is also probably the only VN in existence that has a college course worth of pre-reading (ie. the two that came before it)

extra is your typical harem romcom VN (above average quality, i guess? idk im using shuffle as a baseline and shuffle was pretty meh)

unlimited is a post-apocalyptic harem romcom (yes, that's a thing)

it's hard not to enjoy alternative if you even slightly liked unlimited, and it's hard not to enjoy unlimited if you liked the characters from extra

so yeah, i would say you could enjoy it, but it is a very significant time committment, play them over a break or something

Kotomi Ichinose would probably be my #2 waifu.
if im to be serious and not talk about MANLY MEN then kotomi is the best girl

Minato

穏やかじゃない
That's the problem, since I want to fully enjoy it. There aren't that many things where you have to read a ton of stuff to appreciate another. Closest thing for me was reading F/SN to fully enjoy F/Z. Difference is both were great and I wasn't rushing into F/Z anyways, while Muvluv it sounds like the bulk of what makes it good is in Alternative.

It sounds like a genre shift too which complicates things lol

omgwtfToph

Smash Master
we did talk about our paychecks when we left the meal as he showed me around shinjuku

he told me i make almost double than he does but definitely a grand more

my friend isn't a translator but in charge of public relations, so he does errands and helps out if he had nothing to do

he only translates to english when he is asked to
hmmm. still interesting

Well, just browsed daijob and confirmed my suspicions that I should probably stay in tech if I don't want to take a pay cut. but hmm there's a lot of opportunity in tech too. and doing translation/freelance translation work on the side is an idea too

*takes notes*

time to start playing hella eroge to maximize my Japanese skillz lol. kinda been missing Japan

G U R U

Smash Lord
So jelly Rei. Seems like you're having the time of your life in Japan. Live it up man.

Top 5 waifu are honestly just my top 5 characters on mal lol

Sakura Kinomoto
Taiga Aisaka
Yuki Nagato
Kurisu Makise
Azusa Nakano

omgwtfToph

Smash Master
There do seem to be a lot of tech jobs for foreigners although fluent levels of Japanese (and often, experience working in Japan) are preferable I think.

-Rei-

Saviour of PacWest
chitanda is cute and all but like this one tweet explained it pretty well

"if kyoani girls were real, you would think they had down syndrome"

G U R U

Smash Lord
I will say that despite it's lackluster ending, RoboNotes had really good music. Like REALLY good. All the OP and ED's were amazing and great insert songs as well.

Top Bottom