• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

~~~The December 3rd Update~~~

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stiputation

Smash Journeyman
True, we all know how random Sakurai can be.
But still, he's human too! He should know that we're expecting a hell of an update to compensate for the delay of Brawl.

Kooichi

Smash Journeyman
Oh come on, we got a special update on Sakurai's B-Day and on the 100th update. Might as well get one on the original release date o.o Well second release date technically XD

Sakurai's knows how disappointed we were about the delay so of course we'll get something special. Unless he thinks the Demo and Sonic were good enough =O IMO they were XD

I'm still really hyped on what the update is going to be on Dec. 3 and at the same time ready to be disappointed =D

Toastmeister

Smash Apprentice
Apparently, Dojo Drops are decided five weeks before they come onto the site.
So we need to ask ourselves one question: How long ago was the delay decided upon? If it's longer than five solid weeks, you can expect your **** bombshell. Anything shorter, and get ready for "You Must Recover (Again)"

Koskinator

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3308-4564-8881
Well boys and girls, there is less than 24 hours until the megaton update, tensions are thick, but we will preseveer! just hold on, only 22 more hours to go. Id like to invite anyone who is here to partake in the update viewing at the stroke of midnight. First one to post about the update, in the words of Cless, wins a free cookie :)

thecatinthehat

Smash Master
Well boys and girls, there is less than 24 hours until the megaton update, tensions are thick, but we will preseveer! just hold on, only 22 more hours to go. Id like to invite anyone who is here to partake in the update viewing at the stroke of midnight. First one to post about the update, in the words of Cless, wins a free cookie :)
I'll give that person my Hat in addition to that.
Second to post gets a consolation prize, a F-Smash from Gimpy!! Yay you!!!

king_neeso

Smash Apprentice
hey did anyone think that you could download the demo to a sd card? and maybe a wii update so u can run it throu that?

Koskinator

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3308-4564-8881
hey, dont make fun of canadas timezones. dont worry, ill be on here posting what the update was the second my lucious eyes take sight of it

yogho

Smash Apprentice
Just a normal update tomorrow. Why? Because dec 3rd is an American release date. The release of the japanese version is already over and they didn't get a 'wow' update now did they?

Sakurai is japanese and will do more for japanese people then for other people in the world (look at the character poll in Japan and Mother 3).

Maybe he would say something on the american site even though i doubt it and other then that just a normal update. Maybe a character maybe not. The people at the dojo plan everything weeks before there actual release so they can translate and make pictures so i don't think they are gonna make a exeption.

slick128

Smash Apprentice
Because dec 3rd is an American release date..
If we were going to get a special update I'm sure every other original release date would've got a special update. Thank you for bringing this up yogho.

The only thing I still see happening is maybe the original Smash Bros. being released on Virtual Console since everyone has their own list of Virtual Console games.

GreenKirby

Smash Master
NNID
NoName9999
I can't wait for tommorrow's update to be mediorce. That way, I can lick the tears of everyone who had their hopes up way too high.

The price of being cultural centric.

Lgndknight

Smash Ace
Maybe on the release date, theres a link at the bottom of the respective countries's update page, that says, "hey, if you want something to compensate for you not playing the game now, come this way!" it's a link.

raul

Smash Lord
I have to pose this question: Where the hell did the idea that December 3rd would be the update to end all updates come from? Yes, I realize that December 3rd was the original release date from Brawl, but so what? There have been countless original release dates for games, movies, and all other kinds of crap and I don't remember getting compensated with a grand update.

As much as I want there to be a character update real bad, I don't think we should bother trying to predict certain dates to have any more signifcance than other, other than MAYBE Christmas or perhaps, a Japense holiday.

It has been over a month since October 25th, when the last character, King Dedede, was confirmed. Since then, we haven't seen anything more exciting than a stage or an assist trophy. We've seen Halloween and Thanksgiving go by without any fantastic updates. We should just take one update at a time and not get overly excited only to get our hopes crushed.

The way I see it, the updates are meant to keep us at a low point, so that one day, there will be an omega update and we will all piss our pants with excitement.

AfroThunder396

Smash Cadet
Personally, I think there will be two character announcements. One will be a first party newcomer, then other will either be a third party newcomer or a returning vet. We have about a month left until the Japanese release, and this will probably be the last major update.

raul

Smash Lord
Personally, I think there will be two character announcements. One will be a first party newcomer, then other will either be a third party newcomer or a returning vet. We have about a month left until the Japanese release, and this will probably be the last major update.
Now if there were to be an awesome update tomorrow, I believe it would the realm of what you have predicted. Something like that maybe, would make the most sense to me.

fluffy1021

Smash Apprentice
actually, knowing sakurai, the december 3rd update will be smething like "item throwing!" and the december 4th update will be smash leaderboards, voicechat, record keeping, etc.

EDIT: mabey we won't get anything big, because december 3rd wouldn't have mattered to australia, japan, or europe

Cless

Smash Champion
As much as I want there to be a character update real bad, I don't think we should bother trying to predict certain dates to have any more signifcance than other, other than MAYBE Christmas or perhaps, a Japense holiday.
Christmas is a Japanese holiday.

Cless

Smash Champion
Oh yeah, I know, but the way he phrased it made it sound like Christmas was non-existent in Japan. Christmas = more for couples and whatnot, and New Years = family time and most important Japanese holiday.

RobinotX

Smash Apprentice
NNID
RobinotX
Maybe it will just be a normal update =P,

Or it's the update: Everyone go see your Wii, it's giving light.

Download the DEMO 8D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom