• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Deadly 4

Cheeri-Oats

Smash Lord
He has always posted... @_@ back to discussion:

Always block all of Game and Watch's turtle, and wait for the 9th hit. That one skips a beat. DO NOT attempt to Shield Grab. Jab or run away.

Seanson

Smash Ace
He has always posted... @_@ back to discussion:

Always block all of Game and Watch's turtle, and wait for the 9th hit. That one skips a beat. DO NOT attempt to Shield Grab. Jab or run away.
sometimes bad GaW will not space so you can shield grab. But like you said, dont count on it all the time

prOAPC

Smash Lord
some time later i'll post my newest fights vs a good DK, i lost, but was because stupid mistakes, bad recovery, i got grabbed, and didn't realize that DK's bair is way better than Lucas' fair
still, i don't see why DK is from the deadly 4

~Pink Fresh~

Smash Master
some time later i'll post my newest fights vs a good DK, i lost, but was because stupid mistakes, bad recovery, i got grabbed, and didn't realize that DK's bair is way better than Lucas' fair
still, i don't see why DK is from the deadly 4
Our matchups are rated incorrectly. DK has a slight advantage. the numbers from the matchup guide makes it seem like you can pick up DK that second and win. On a different not, I NEED TO GO TO SOME F*****G tournaments.

lil cj

Smash Lord
If we find out DK doesnt hav much of an avdantage and shouldnt be in the Deadly 4
than the next worst match up(s) would be between Snake and Peach

Chuee

Smash Hero
Yeah ive played a good snake and i usually dont have that much trouble, except for walking into mines.

Jarun

Smash Cadet
well with marth, idk it may mean that my friend is bad, but still i ranged, dodged like crazy and seriously, it seemed to work when i used PSI wave to intercept (VERY hard to time that to gimp him)

Levitas

the moon
Please don't double post, use the edit button to add whatever, and if you need to add a quote, you can always hit quote, copy the text it carries over into the dialogue box, and paste it into your original post.

Marth is definitely the worst lucas matchup, though. Waaaay worse than G&W or DK.

Irsic

Smash Ace
I'd like to play your Marth Levitas, because I disagree with you. <_<

Though I feel like it's impossible to not have Marth practice, he's so popular. I guess that's the only reason I'm any good at it.

But easier than G&W?

Levitas

the moon
Oh yeah. G&W zones lucas. Marth zones G&W. Marth really zones lucas.

Come to ann arbor or something. Perhaps just hang out for a bit on a friday or just stop in some time.

Chuee

Smash Hero
I think G&W is worse than marth.
BTW im fed up wit erick, he just sent me a flame PM. One more and ill send it to a mod ;)

lil cj

Smash Lord
I think G&W is a little more difficult than Marth
Has anyone ever played a really good G&W??
and look that match up is 20-80
Thats ridiculous!!!
almost unwinnable
if any of us played against Hylian's G&W we would surely lose...that match up is almost impossible IMO
Marth is 30-70
which is still difficult

M-GOD

Smash Rookie
Oh yeah. G&W zones lucas. Marth zones G&W. Marth really zones lucas.
Oh god I was doing a best of 3 tourny with my friends and one of them plays a good G&W.
I almost beat him but I tried an upsmash and was punished. It seems to easy to gimp with G&W on Lucas.

~Pink Fresh~

Smash Master
I think G&W is a little more difficult than Marth
Has anyone ever played a really good G&W??
and look that match up is 20-80
Thats ridiculous!!!
almost unwinnable
if any of us played against Hylian's G&W we would surely lose...that match up is almost impossible IMO
Marth is 30-70
which is still difficult
you are relying heavily on outdated matchup numbers instead of experience. Those numbers are subjective and they do not really say who is harder.

Oh god I was doing a best of 3 tourny with my friends and one of them plays a good G&W.
I almost beat him but I tried an upsmash and was punished. It seems to easy to gimp with G&W on Lucas.
no.
gimping G&W is hard with any character. Lucas is no exception.

Neon Ness

Designated Procrastinator
irsic, I will open your eyes to a whole new realm of fear. ಠ_ಠ
For some reason this really frightened me when I read it.

Also, yeah, Marth's tough. I was a little disappointed that I had to face a Marth to move on in a recent tournament. I really wanted to get farther. :p I got sloppy and Marth grabbed me... It was over. The more I face, though, the better I'll get probably. Now I just need more DK/G&W experience.

ToxiCrow

Smash Ace
OK CJ, here's what we've got on G+W. namely, his Dair

What to do to punish it:
Move out of the way obviously (be it a dash, dodgeroll, etc)
-Pivot Grab
-Forward Smash
-F-tilt
-PKF (as he's coming down)
-Downsmash

DONT'S
-upsmash
-up tilt
-PKT

more to come soon. add this in the meantime

Top Bottom